TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

How nice to see! blink.gif

First time, I was a bit confused. But now I accustomed to the script and founded all needed infos, even more.

Thank you, for the clock and

a great thanks to Nakase and all the other spriters for the realistic art. It reminds me of the French Alps or the Ardennes. laugh.gif

edit: Did anybody recognised the rock at the way into the cave? ~ There is a stone, at the entrance, that looks like a inverted heart. That's a really lovely work! wub.gif

Edited by MyMelody

I think it's very nice, the art is amazing, but I would like to have the old layout as a site skin choice. My computer and internet connection aren't very good and I have some problems when I look at my dragons (firefox freeze a bit when the background is moving), so I changed it to other, simpler site skin (St. Patrick is very simple and I don't have a problem with using it but I have some problems with reading text on the site when I look at the site for some time wink.gif ).

The background looks nice! Does anyone actually use the map, though? If I want to go to the coast, I click the word "coast" and not the map...

You have less than 500 dragons. I have 250 dragons per page displayed, and your scroll has 2 pages for me. Also, AonD's scroll statistics say, you have 499 dragons, 1 of that being still growing.

495 adults, 2 frozen hatchlings, 1 frozen tree.

I forgot the bloody tree! And chicken! biggrin.gif They're obviously not dragons.. And a dino! (--> I have 502 things on my scroll)

But the question still remains whether frozen count in trophies.. I quess I'll see after this one and some other egg grows up. smile.gif

Edited by sroo

Lovely! very pretty! I especially like the EDT clock.

The alternate skins need to be updated to show the clock. I also think having the old default layout of the site as a skin would be fun for nostalgic reasons.

What does EDT stand for?

eastern dayight time im pretty sure

no redeisgn for moble ;_;

Edited by waffleme3

PLEASE! I want to have the old style back. The new style looks nice, in the artistic way. But I have eye problems and it has always been hard for me to focus the text while egghunting. In fact, I see everything twice (I squint to the outside, maybe looks best funny if someone recognizes it, but hurts and gets worse and worse while it looks like I'm crying - actually I'm not, its just the pain) and with the new style I have even more eye problems. I still want to play but it gets so much harder now, I don't know how long I still CAN. The calm old style has helped me to still play. So please don't make me really cry.

WAKE UP, GET ON DRAGCAVE, FIND A GORGEOUS NEW BACKGROUND WAITING FOR ME---

FANGIRLING.

Okay, I'm done now. Gawd it looks beautiful, though.

The clock is a really nice addition, as well. Reminds me how much time I'm wasting when I'm supposed to be doing other things xd.png

PLEASE! I want to have the old style back. The new style looks nice, in the artistic way. But I have eye problems and it has always been hard for me to focus the text while egghunting. In fact, I see everything twice (I squint to the outside, maybe looks best funny if someone recognizes it, but hurts and gets worse and worse while it looks like I'm crying - actually I'm not, its just the pain) and with the new style I have even more eye problems. I still want to play but it gets so much harder now, I don't know how long I still CAN. The calm old style has helped me to still play. So please don't make me really cry.

If you go to account settings you can change your site design smile.gif

Account > Account Settings > Site Appearance > Site Skin

I hope this helps smile.gif

Edited by Cynder_Dragon

It's going to take a bit to get use to, but it's beautiful. Thanks TJ.

The new design looks great. Thank you to everyone involved in this! ^^

You know, I think that just a little, little bit of transparency on the parchment would be a nice final touch. I mean, so we can see the whole background. It's just something that came to my mind ^^U

I love the new background, it's very pretty! And I especially like the clock, now I don't have to use some online time zone converter to find out what cave time is since I never remember what the time difference is between my time zone and EST/EDT lol

It might take a while to get accustomed to the new layout though haha laugh.gif

REALLY liking the new layout. smile.gif

Thanks so much to the artists who created such a pretty cave... by the way! WHo DID create the art behind the scroll?

ETA- the Clock is a cool feature as well. smile.gif

Edited by Silverswift

I'm trying to use the Alternate Custom Sort now, and it is taking much longer than normal to scroll down the page with my 4300+ dragons.

It looks like something has changed for the alternate custom sort, because I just tried sorting my dragons and it was slower/jerkier than before.

I changed my skin to the simpler "1960" skin but I still have this slowness issue. I am wondering what is causing that, if this is not related to the skin. Could there be some changes in some global Javascript code that is affecting all pages of the site?

Neat! It's not that much of a drastic change so I really enjoy it. Thanks TJ!

Edit: But there is an issue with the lineage view page. There's a line cutting through it. It may just be my computer, but I thought I'd point it out.

Edited by Earth Gurl

I dare say: Eastern Dragon Time!? unsure.gif

xd.png That is AMAZING!

Love this. Idk if it was a update with Firefox or the new layout but I can finally view 500 dragons per page again without it breaking or going dark. biggrin.gif