TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

I use Chrome as well, e and g show up fine for me.

user posted image

I just zoomed in to get the approximate size you have there, and the pieces show up, but the text overall is way more harsh and not smooth like yours (meaning I am seeing similar to the white text in my earlier screenshot but in more of the places that are rounded).

Edited by diaveborn

I just zoomed in to get the approximate size you have there, and the pieces show up, but the text overall is way more harsh and not smooth like yours (meaning I am seeing similar to the white text in my earlier screenshot but in more of the places that are rounded).

My screen isn't actually zoomed like that, on Retina screenshoting magnifies the image for whatever reason.

I have no jagged edges or letters missing their parts whatsoever, wether I zoom in 200% or out to 50%, so perhaps it's your browser or screen. Have you tried updating? s:

Going to take a while to get used to but I like it. Makes the front page much more appealing to the eye. smile.gif

My screen isn't actually zoomed like that, on Retina screenshoting magnifies the image for whatever reason.

I have no jagged edges or letters missing their parts whatsoever, wether I zoom in 200% or out to 50%, so perhaps it's your browser or screen. Have you tried updating? s:

Yeah, I figured you weren't zoomed in. So I was basically saying that what you're getting is not what I'm going to get either way. But I think I kind of missed the point, that you were just providing another example, and got kind of distracted by size as I'm quite tired so I'm sorry :)

Re: updating - again, I've never seen a problem like this before, and it's been reported on two browsers, however I understand that my browser version is quite old. If TJ or a mod wants more details, including having me update and reporting results, I'd try to do that as long as I saw their request.

Edited by diaveborn

Is it moving slower than the old skin? I'm trying to use the Alternate Custom Sort now, and it is taking much longer than normal to scroll down the page with my 4300+ dragons.

I used it about 4-6 hours ago, and it moved without any problems at that time.

ETA: guess it's not so much slower as jumpier. It doesn't scroll smoothly, but seems to move in jumps.

And I still think the artwork is gorgeous! Thank you, Nakase!

Edited by dragongrrl

Nakase's art is absolutely beautiful wub.gif I'm glad to see the new layout up and running, though in my opinion, the default scroll design looks now rather flat and outdated. I think that it needs an upgrade, along with the map.

Edited by Aurigena

Is it moving slower than the old skin? I'm trying to use the Alternate Custom Sort now, and it is taking much longer than normal to scroll down the page with my 4300+ dragons.

I used it about 4-6 hours ago, and it moved without any problems at that time.

ETA: guess it's not so much slower as jumpier. It doesn't scroll smoothly, but seems to move in jumps.

And I still think the artwork is gorgeous! Thank you, Nakase!

Mine seeems to be scrolling smoothly.

I have a problem with the text though it looks blurry to me and is difficult to read. e.e

also: nice background, but it clashes with the default dc color and the parchment does not really integrate well with the image on the back. sad.gif

CLOCK ! Love it.

The parchment being parchment looks great to me. It needs to stand out rather than "integrate" - it isn't part of the cave, after all, it's - well. PARCHMENT biggrin.gif

Some of the text has gone a bit fuzzy for me... but not unmanageably so.

OOps ETA - Alt custom sort isn't working at all for me - I thought it was just jerky - but when I get to where I want the dragon to drop, I get a stop sign instead the cross any more and anything dropping into place...

ETA some more (Progress !) - it's now fine-ish - I am getting the dragon in a HUGE blue square and it is moving - but it is really jerky still.

Edited by fuzzbucket

This is beautiful! And has a clock! Can you hear the angels singing, if they even exist?

Now I'll stop using portal xd.png

But I think the clock should also show up in mobile wink.gif

Count me among the "Beautiful artwork, thanks Nagasake" but not quite happy crowd.

The decision to move the HUGE LINKS to Cave, Forum, Help... etc from the "scroll" to the background and making them tiny doesn't sit well with me, especially since the lineage view, view pages etc. now look really ugly, like they were cut of to make way for a black stripe with links on top while the bottom half is still nicely spaced out between the end of actual content and the footer. This is asymmetrical, looks cramped and doesn't really achieve anything besides making the links LESS visible, which imo is not a good thing. I'm jumping between my scroll, sorting, AP, and biomes quite a bit and I want my links to be intuitively THERE not to search for them. (not to speak of the fact that the huger links had a beautiful fond)

So while the picture is pretty and the clock practical I would like the old default as an option...

I DO appreciate all the hard work, don't get me wrong, but I also believe in constructive criticism.

Pretty, but I can't get my custom sorting to work.

I like that clock. I completely missed the daylight savings thing since the US do them on different days than we do xd.png

I have to say, I'm not a great fan of the font used with lineages now ... The little "e" looks like it has holes, for example. I think I'll pull up my "Stylish" addon for this ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yeah <3

I really like this one.

EDIT: It will take time to get use to this new version. Also, the lineage page looks no very comfortable as it splits the page into two incoherent parts.

Edited by Shelybear

I love the new design, thanks, TJ!

One thing I noticed: The scroll parchment doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the page for me, the last couple of dragons are displayed on transparent background (which makes it possible to see the whole lovely background image - yay). Much better than the old way when it turned black, but I guess it's not intended.

I'm using Pale Moon 24.2.1 on a computer with Win7, and my account settings are set to 500 dragons per page. A quick count says it's the last 64 dragons that are on transparent background.

Oh wow!

A slow moving background too, nice!

Also! The site has a site clock now ohmy.gif

Thanks for the changes TJ and the Coders : 3

EDIT:

Who did the background? Its awesome! And nicely detailed!!

Edited by Taryn123

Ah, there was a little crash a while ago and now we can see it all day long if we want.

I love the clock! wub.gif

But i still prefer Blackout, since the new font is not good for my eyes.

Can we please have the clock for other site skins? wub.gif