Tazzay

Flight Rising

Ok! Thanks for the recommendation. I was mainly thinking go investing in gorgeous, expensive dragons because I thought maybe starting a hatchery would be a good idea? I don't know. I see them selling pretty well! But saving up might be a wiser option I hadn't really considered.

Ok! Thanks for the recommendation. I was mainly thinking go investing in gorgeous, expensive dragons because I thought maybe starting a hatchery would be a good idea? I don't know. I see them selling pretty well! But saving up might be a wiser option I hadn't really considered.

I suppose it really depends. I don't actually hang around the FR forums too much, but I consistently see people saying not to start a hatchery unless you're doing it for fun. The color wheel might make some of the newer colors pretty desirable for a while, but I'd be surprised if the hype/interest in them holds out forever. It's not impossible to make money off a hatchery, but it really depends.

Don't forget you can stick treasure in your vault too. It's a good way to reduce the temptation to spend~

I suppose it really depends. I don't actually hang around the FR forums too much, but I consistently see people saying not to start a hatchery unless you're doing it for fun. The color wheel might make some of the newer colors pretty desirable for a while, but I'd be surprised if the hype/interest in them holds out forever. It's not impossible to make money off a hatchery, but it really depends.

Don't forget you can stick treasure in your vault too. It's a good way to reduce the temptation to spend~

Thanks for the tip. If that's the case, I'll likely try a hatchery, but sometime in the future rather than now, again since I'm pretty new to the game, focusing on different aspects might be better for me now. I'm super excited for the color wheel, now that you mention it! It's tomorrow isn't it?

I'm super excited for the color wheel, now that you mention it! It's tomorrow isn't it?

Yep! Site's supposed to go into maintenance at 22:00, probably will last a while too considering all they're updating.

You got any plans for it? I wasn't gonna do much myself, but someone on the forum convinced me to treat myself and look around for some dragons to buy.

I actually have gotten extremely lucky with scavenging and have gotten two eggs since I joined! I'll be hatching a wind and nature egg, so I really can't wait! And yeah, I definitely think you should make the most of the event and get some lovely dragons for yourself. Out of curiosity, I was wondering if you could tell me what flight you're in?

Philosophy flight forever yo. Been in Light since I joined and I've never left.

I briefly considered Arcane because I like the whole "science gone wrong" thing, and Ice because of the logical stoicism, but as soon as I read "philosopher" in the Light flight description my decision was sealed. I've probably only ever really considered Lightning since then.. because I like tech/robots, but I still think Light's more fitting for me.

How about you?

Re: the dragons. I guess my only problem is going to figure out where to start looking. >.>

Philosophy flight forever yo. Been in Light since I joined and I've never left.

I briefly considered Arcane because I like the whole "science gone wrong" thing, and Ice because of the logical stoicism, but as soon as I read "philosopher" in the Light flight description my decision was sealed. I've probably only ever really considered Lightning since then.. because I like tech/robots, but I still think Light's more fitting for me.

How about you?

Re: the dragons. I guess my only problem is going to figure out where to start looking. >.>

Light is pretty awesome, I notice you guys are pretty darn good at dom. I'm an Arcane although I am seriously considering a switch. I like how every flight has its own unique focus, I'm quite inclined to Lightning as well because of technology interests and cool aesthetics, but on a more serious note, I think I'm really rooting for either Plague or Ice, I know they're very strong in dominance, which I'm very interested in participating in, and they look pretty cool too in terms of aesthetics. I just think that Arcane is too laid back for me tbh.

Oh, and about dragons, I can even help you look for one you'll like! I'm a big fan of surfing through the auction house, even if I don't buy a thing! tongue.gif

Edited by andromedae

Light is pretty awesome, I notice you guys are pretty darn good at dom. I'm an Arcane although I am seriously considering a switch. I like how every flight has its own unique focus, I'm quite inclined to Lightning as well because of technology interests and cool aesthetics, but on a more serious note, I think I'm really rooting for either Plague or Ice, I know they're very strong in dominance, which I'm very interested in participating in, and they look pretty cool too in terms of aesthetics. I just think that Arcane is too laid back for me tbh.

Oh, and about dragons, I can even help you look for one you'll like! I'm a big fan of surfing through the auction house, even if I don't buy a thing! :P

Ye, we're pretty good at that. But it's hilarious, when I first joined Light was known for anything but Dom. I took a long hiatus like I did here (I seem to do that), but since I found out my datemate had an FR account I came back. But needless to say I was baffled on how Light had become a Dom powerhouse. :P I'm legit confused on weeks when we're not at least 2nd/3rd now.

Never been too involved with Dom myself though.. But I'd say Plague is probably the best bet if you're interested in it, looks like they have the most #1s. You could always look through here if you want a better look at other Flight's communities and stuff.

Sent you a friend request if you don't mind~ But as a warning I'm awful at keeping up with people.

And hey sure, that sounds like fun!

Edited by ~Magpie~

Ye, we're pretty good at that. But it's hilarious, when I first joined Light was known for anything but Dom. I took a long hiatus like I did here (I seem to do that), but since I found out my datemate had an FR account I came back. But needless to say I was baffled on how Light had become a Dom powerhouse. tongue.gif I'm legit confused on weeks when we're not at least 2nd/3rd now.

Never been too involved with Dom myself though.. But I'd say Plague is probably the best bet if you're interested in it, looks like they have the most #1s. You could always look through here if you want a better look at other Flight's communities and stuff.

Sent you a friend request if you don't mind~ But as a warning I'm awful at keeping up with people.

And hey sure, that sounds like fun!

Yup, don't mind at all, accepted your friend request ^^ Yeah..it's most probable I'll be switching to Plague sometime during the next week. The only thing I don't like about em is the red eyes, they look quite menacing, but they'll grow on me eventually. Next week would be the first time I participate in dom, but I think I'm prepared with my little army of hatchlings

Yup, don't mind at all, accepted your friend request ^^ Yeah..it's most probable I'll be switching to Plague sometime during the next week. The only thing I don't like about em is the red eyes, they look quite menacing, but they'll grow on me eventually. Next week would be the first time I participate in dom, but I think I'm prepared with my little army of hatchlings

I think you really have to have the right color scheme for Plague eyes to work a lot of the time, but as with everything it really depends. That is one thing I like about Light, the eyes go with just about everything.

But speaking of which, I've been in the process of trying to breed some Daft Punk dragons. One of them is going to need Red eyes. With you in Plague that might make things a bit easier. I have the parents I'm going to try breeding and everything.. guess I'm just waiting on the color wheel to see if any new colors look cooler. :x

Not sure how we should sort out the AH hunting thing, but good luck with Dom! Those hatchlings oughta give you a nice start, and maybe some AH sniping if you're up to it. tongue.gif

I'm really excited for the color wheel update 030 all the new triples to collect

However, I really hope that expansion comes with an increase in the maximum amount of lair space. I've expanded completely and it won't be enough to house all the triples even if I got rid of everything that wasn't a triple, progens included. ;^;

I think I'm one of the few dreading it. I don't want to know what it's going to do to my dragons and the two I got that will finally get me my dream dragon.

The update is so awesome! =D New colors and new vistas (both gem and treasure ones)! biggrin.gif Also, each member of the site gets a special 3rd anniversary vista to use! :3 This is so cool! biggrin.gif *goes to hide now* xd.png

user posted image

One sold, one left! Offer what you like and if exalted please name him first.

Edited by dragontamer44722

Giving these 2 a love tap. Pay what you like, and if exalted please name them first.

Offered 17000 on crossroads for the blue and yellow, he looks lovely! Will not be exalted, tell me if you want me to offer more gold c:

Offered 17000 on crossroads for the blue and yellow, he looks lovely! Will not be exalted, tell me if you want me to offer more gold c:

Sold! Happy you like him, I really like how his colors came out. I may do that pairing again to see what I get, both babies turned out really pretty.

Holy biscuits, 500kt for a vista?!? blink.gif Not that I'm that surprised, but still, that's a LOT of treasure rolleyes.gif Tempted to hatch some of my Nocturne eggs and see if I get any worth selling tongue.gif

Am I the only one having a really hard time reading this new font on the forums? I am not exaggerating when I say it's causing eye strain.

Is there any way to turn the vistas off? Return the font to normal?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Am I the only one having a really hard time reading this new font on the forums? I am not exaggerating when I say it's causing eye strain.

Is there any way to turn the vistas off? Return the font to normal?

No you're not. That font is really hard to read, although for me it's half-decent when people do have vistas. Otherwise I hate it. I know there's been multiple suggestions to revert it back, but I'm not sure they've gone anywhere.

My best suggestion to get rid of the Vistas themselves would be.. U/Adblock? Although I think that was already suggested on your thread and it is a bit of a pain. I'm not sure what to suggest for the font short of Stylish, but I think FR has explicitly said they don't want people using that.

I think you really have to have the right color scheme for Plague eyes to work a lot of the time, but as with everything it really depends. That is one thing I like about Light, the eyes go with just about everything.

But speaking of which, I've been in the process of trying to breed some Daft Punk dragons. One of them is going to need Red eyes. With you in Plague that might make things a bit easier. I have the parents I'm going to try breeding and everything.. guess I'm just waiting on the color wheel to see if any new colors look cooler. :x

Not sure how we should sort out the AH hunting thing, but good luck with Dom! Those hatchlings oughta give you a nice start, and maybe some AH sniping if you're up to it. tongue.gif

Hey, that breeding project sounds pretty rad! I'll help you with whatever I can~ Just shoot me a PM whenever, be it for breeding or if you'd still like help searching for those lovely newly colored hatchlings tongue.gif And thanks! I really can't wait, I'm just waiting for this week to be over because of the Arcane dom bonuses to switch.

On a more general note, has anyone here gotten an XXX dragon from the expansion? I'd really love to see! I hatched this beauty with two new colors. I want to gene him with crystal/butterfly/gem bond. Expensive af, I know, but he'll look beautiful!

Decided to hatch one of my extra Light eggs, and got this cutie - 2 new colors! :3

user posted image copper/thicket/midnight - Male

The colors go well together and with the right genes (bar or poison with toxin), he'd look like a tarnished penny! =D Not sure whether to sell him or not (sine he does look really nice), but if I get any offers it'd help sway my decision tongue.gif (I'm horrible, I know xd.png)

Edited by FluffyPillow

@Wookieinmashoo

If you're using google chrome, you can go download the extension called "Styler" and go to FR's forums page and open the extension and insert this in to get rid of both the vistas and return the names to normal;

.outer-vista-container { background-image:none !important; }
.vista-username { text-shadow: none; color:#b0734f; }

I hope that this'll help you out!

[Edit:]

So apparently Undel has explicitly stated that an extension called Stylish is not allowed to be used because "it might be malicious". Styler is not Stylish, and it looks completely different, but I will be sending in a contact us request asking about it anyways...

Edited by StarSea

@Wookieinmashoo

If you're using google chrome, you can go download the extension called "Styler" and go to FR's forums page and open the extension and insert this in to get rid of both the vistas and return the names to normal;

.outer-vista-container { background-image:none !important; }
.vista-username { text-shadow: none; color:#b0734f; }

I hope that this'll help you out!

[Edit:]

So apparently Undel has explicitly stated that an extension called Stylish is not allowed to be used because "it might be malicious". Styler is not Stylish, and it looks completely different, but I will be sending in a contact us request asking about it anyways...

I got the issue solved, but thanks!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1894763/148

Also again, bordering on quitting. The money grubbing the creators have going on is unbelievable.

Also I just checked the auction house and as an example, arcane sprite are about 5 mil, or 5k in purchased currency, aka. 50$

I guess the extremely expensive currency isn't enough. They're keeping older holiday items still in retirement so people are just as likely to spend more time on the site and purchase more things from them.

It really irks me that FR keeps throwing in new coliseum items and such and completely ignores that long overdue coli revamp. It needs to be more accesible for everyone and it should be an issue that should be a goal to resolve as soon as possible. But it isn't. I hope we get it soon.

I completely disagree that the spare box is going to ruin the appreciation of items.

There are currently 251,676 player accounts on FR. For the sake of whatever, we can assume that 1/3rd of them are inactive players, so just under 168,000 active players onsite.

Let's say that only one third of those people actually grab a chest each month. That's 55,928(fraction) people grabbing a chest. That would be 5,033,520,000 (5 billion) treasure sunk into the chests in just one month. 55 billion for all 11 festivals. If each active person makes 180k a month, that is 30,240,000,000 (30 billion) made. Essentially only 16% of the month's income is going down the sink, which leaves 25,206,480,000 (25 billion) for people to use on anything else they want to.

With 55,928 people buying the chest on the first month that it is available, that's 55,928 potential items added in. With 202-209 items in it, the chance that you are going to get what you want is very small, not to mention with the rarities of the item types themselves. You have a 35% chance to get one of the recolors, and at 11 items that's a 9% chance that you'll get a specific one if it was just that pool, making it a 3.15% chance that you'll even get it in the first place. And that's for the highest chance of items.

With the lowest chance, it's a 20% chance to get a holiday skin with a pool of 154, making it a 0.65% chance that you'll get a specific one from the pool, meaning that you have a 0.13% chance of getting a specific skin.

If every single person that grabbed one was looking for a specific skin, there would only be about 73 people that would actually get it. If they were all looking for a specific item recolor, about 1761 people would actually get that exact same one.

After that one month, your chances of getting any of those gets even rarer.

This is not going to ruin the chances of your items appreciating, if any at all. While it does make the chance of getting older items possible, you would have to buy hundreds and hundreds of chests to ever get the specific item you're looking for, which by that time, thousands of more items would have been added, making your chances ever more rarer. You would be beyond better off just buying it from someone else for that 3 mill they're asking for.

On another note, the vistas are not by any means replacing apparel or dragons or anything. That is 11 vistas, which I might add, vistas have been being drawn by the artist Osiem, along with familiars, items, and even genes as well. While they have done two sets of apparel, the fact that they are the one doing vistas and not Undel or Xhaztol means that it frees up time for them to do new breeds and apparel themselves.

The staff already have a legitimate reason for not adding the already retired items into the chest, as well. They said that they were going to be retired, so that's what they are. If they bring back the retired familiars and skins and apparel and all of that, then why not bring back imperial scrolls and skycats and booleans? They are keeping to their word that they would be retired. The bears specifically came back because the community itself had voted for it before the festivals with them even started. We didn't know how they would be coming back, but we voted for them to come back, so that's what they did.

Leaving the retired items retired is not a marketing ploy, it's adhering to what they had said. It's either they stick to having them retired as they had promised and have people upset at them for being honest, or they bring them back and have even more people mad that they had done so against their word, making them untrustworthy about anything being retired, and then if we get them back what would be to stop us from demanding more imperial scrolls or more skycats or more akiribirds or golden fangars or speedies or anything that is retired. Where do they draw the line after they've already broken it?

As for the "marketing ploy" of having registration down, I completely disagree. Just simply running a server with users and images takes a big toll on it. FR has millions and billions of images between dragons and apparel and items and backgrounds and events and places and user posted images and the forums and user profiles and dragon profiles and dragon stats and familiars and coliseum animations and nests and eggs and skins and accents and the bestiary and the trading post and just everything, then not to mention everyone's lairs and dragons and then the data for the lineages and the kids and there is really so many things going on on FR that sink and drain the data.

Adding a user doesn't just add a row of data about their registration info. It adds info about their lair size and any dragons they have and their dragon's images and their profile and the forum posts and their profile posts and their friends and notifications and their user settings and their dragon's infos and their currencies and who they've referred and who referred them and what they have in their inventory and how many they have and what they have in their vault and what they have brewing at baldwin and what level they are at baldwin and what level and stats and stones their dragons have for the coliseum and how old their dragons are and the sizes of their dragons and the genes of their dragons and if their dragons are on cooldown or not and what nest they're on and who they're nested with and how long their nests have to be incubated and how much space they have left in their lair and how many nests they have and what flight they're in and what boards they can see and a record of all of their activity and I can just keep on going!

My point is that by controlling how often people can join, they can steadily upgrade their server and optimize their programs to make things work faster and make maintenance mode run smoother between checking and updating all of this data and everything. If you let people constantly join, even if the amount joining at a time is small because they're joining whenever, then you're constantly piling more and more work on and not getting the chance to have a break and make sure that the people currently playing can actually play.

They wouldn't have the time to rewrite the site to run faster because instead they'd be constantly making tiny adjustments to get an extra bit of speed here and there. With the site registration closed, you have the chance to watch exactly what needs optimized and who it needs optimized for and think about how to properly optimize it instead of just throwing the first thing that comes to your head at the slugging site and hope that it works.

Edited by StarSea

I'm one of the players who really doesn't care about getting items so this sort of thing doesn't bother me. I just like breeding my dragons to make pretty babies xd.png Speaking of pretty babies....Got some for sale! Pay what you like.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image