Tazzay

Flight Rising

I'm waiting for the registration to open. I want to join so badly ;_;. I love genetics games, and I love dragons, so I'm going to go ham when I join. I'm going to be a mad dragon scientist.

I'm waiting for the registration to open. I want to join so badly ;_;. I love genetics games, and I love dragons, so I'm going to go ham when I join. I'm going to be a mad dragon scientist.

Well someone sounds pretty eager. tongue.gif

Do you follow the FR tumblr or anything to know when the registration windows open? That's probably the best way to keep track of those. Also I'm curious if you know what Flight you want to join yet (Light, Shadow, Earth etc.. pssstt you should totally pick Light).

Well someone sounds pretty eager. tongue.gif

Do you follow the FR tumblr or anything to know when the registration windows open? That's probably the best way to keep track of those. Also I'm curious if you know what Flight you want to join yet (Light, Shadow, Earth etc.. pssstt you should totally pick Light).

I follow the tumblr and twitter and check the FB regularly despite not using FB (long story). Of course I'm going to join the Light flight, I'm a total Sunbro if we're talking Dark Souls! Gotta praise it.

I follow the tumblr and twitter and check the FB regularly despite not using FB (long story). Of course I'm going to join the Light flight, I'm a total Sunbro if we're talking Dark Souls! Gotta praise it.

Nah I don't blame you for not using FB. Kind of a ridiculous website, especially for people like me imo.

But hey cool! I was actually being mostly sarcastic, I wasn't expecting you to say you'd be going to light flight at all, hah. Not too familiar with Dark Souls myself, though I do see it on my dash a lot. Might have to watch an LP of it sometime. And if you follow the FR tumblr you probably already know this, but I thought you might like to know you can make your own ridiculous dragon scientists. : D (I'll come up with a name for him eventually, welp)

Feel free to hit me up when you join if you want, especially since you're a fellow light flighter~ Not too active on the forums there because they move pretty quick, but I've had an account since 2013 and I know things. o wo

Will do as soon as registration opens. I suspect it probably won't open until later this month giving the community manager is out of commission atm due to medical issues.

Will do as soon as registration opens. I suspect it probably won't open until later this month giving the community manager is out of commission atm due to medical issues.

Sweet!

And ah yeah, that.. Hope they're alright. But I'm not too sure they're hugely involved in the open registration process? Either way though you're probably right. It'd be better to have a community manager around with a bunch of new players I'd imagine.

Glancing over the news archives, it seems they've been pretty good about having at least one window a month at least! I could've sworn the windows were much fewer and far between before.

Sweet!

And ah yeah, that.. Hope they're alright. But I'm not too sure they're hugely involved in the open registration process? Either way though you're probably right. It'd be better to have a community manager around with a bunch of new players I'd imagine.

Glancing over the news archives, it seems they've been pretty good about having at least one window a month at least! I could've sworn the windows were much fewer and far between before.

I'm positive the registration windows were(But what do I know, I found out about the site hours after the February registration window ended.) but the site is getting that new recode that might help with more and more players.

I have so many nests.. like, I've had about 4 in one week. I'm selling my first hatchling, and I have 3 more eggs coming up.. Poor Platniumnight is scrambling to update his book. (Plus, I really need treasure- I have only 2/6 genes done on my progens and 0/2 breed change scrolls.)

Imp hatchies for sale! biggrin.gif They're PWYW (pay what you want), so any offer will be fine :3 If you see a hatchie you like, just post with your choice (and what your FR username is) and I'll send you a CR happy.gif

user posted image stone/rust/blood - Female

user posted image coral/brown/brown - Male

user posted image white/stone/rust - Female

Edited by FluffyPillow

I have dragons babs to sell too~

They are make an offer/pay what you want through CR/message or buy straight from Auction House~

(and in case you didn't know I'm Clya on FR too)

They really need to find a home before they grow up~

user posted image

Crimson Cherub / Rose Facet / Violet Basic ~~~ Female

user posted image

Blood Cherub / Rose Facet / Aqua Basic ~~~ Male

Same Nest ^^

user posted image

Aqua Cherub / Shadow Peregrine / Obisdian Basic ~~~ Male

Different Nest ^^

Edited by Clya

I'm trading some dragons I have for flight reps! If you'd like to trade, see this thread!

Out of curiosity, what's FR's e-economy like? Is it easy to get FR moneys (which I guess is treasure, and gems for the stuff purchased with real money)? Are items reasonably priced? Again, asking because I used to be on Neopets and the economy for that game was out of control.

Out of curiosity, what's FR's e-economy like? Is it easy to get FR moneys (which I guess is treasure, and gems for the stuff purchased with real money)? Are items reasonably priced? Again, asking because I used to be on Neopets and the economy for that game was out of control.

I'm sure more economics-oriented people could give a better answer, but I can try my best.

For the most part I think the economy is pretty good (and I promise it's 10,000x better than neopets). One of the more popular ways to get money is via the colosseum (basically, where your dragons fight stuff), and once you have them trained up properly there's a couple decent methods of earning good amounts of treasure that way. Another way I've noticed people make a lot of FR currency is via art, but I'm not going to make the assumption that's what you do.

The price of gems fluctuates some, but for the most part the price for them has been slowly going up. Which is I think to be expected with premium currency, but gems are still fairly easy to get if you want them for things. As for the price of other things, there's very little I can think of on the site that's not feasibly attainable unless you count a few of the old Kickstarter and non-returning monthly festival items from when there was much fewer players around. Dragons themselves are usually dirt cheap, unless their genes are more recent. Some people can turn a good profit breeding and selling certain dragons, but I'd say to plan on making your money elsewhere.

But I say a good 75%, if not more, of the items are obtainable by the average player if you put forth some effort. Flight Rising has been pretty good about incorporating money sinks, which I think has kept the economy pretty healthy. You're definitely going to have to think about what you want to spend your money on sometimes, and you're not going to be able to stockpile all the available items quickly, but if you know what you want to do on the site I'd definitely say it's probably doable. :3

That's great. I literally saved up for years in Neopets to get basic paintbrushes like purple (and even then you were talking spending hundreds of thousands of neopoints) and by the time I had enough neopoints to get one, they had gone up in price. Womp womp.

I've never done art commissions online, and haven't done commissions in yeeears. I'm just not as good at digital art as I am at good ol acrylic paints.

Edited by SunlitePiggie

That's great. I literally saved up for years in Neopets to get basic paintbrushes like purple (and even then you were talking spending hundreds of thousands of neopoints) and by the time I had enough neopoints to get one, they had gone up in price. Womp womp.

I've never done art commissions online, and haven't done commissions in yeeears. I'm just not as good at digital art as I am at good ol acrylic paints.

Oh gosh yeah I remember doing that. It was awful. I do remember I actually managed to save up enough NP to get all the missing map pieces and access the secret lab. You could zap your pet once a day with a chance to randomly change it into a paintbrush color or have it change gender or something. But the chances of it actually doing anything were so low that I eventually got bored and gave up, hah.

My dream for ages there was to get a draik. But then I realized I could just go to other sites and adopt cool dragons easier. xP

I think there'd still be a market for acrylics on FR maybe. I feel I should warn you though, a lot of the artists there vastly undercharge themselves to get people to bite. Someone did the calculations once, converting common treasure prices for art to the current gem rate (basically, finding out what the artists were working for per hour in dollars since gems are purchased with dollars). A lot of artists were working for less way than the minimum wage in the U.S., it was kinda sad.

But tldr; try not to sell yourself short if you start trying to sell art there. I actually have a lot of stuff to say on the topic of art prices in general (it helps that I'm dating a digital artist) but I don't want to get too off-topic from FR, welp.

Edited by ~Magpie~

I was really lucky in the Coli and found a boss familiar, so I sold it on the AH. From that, I got enough treasure to (finally) put Eliminates on my dragons!

Time to figure out how it works. >:D

Oh man yeah, I need to increase the prices in my art thread. FR's economy is pretty bad though, so even though 1USD = 100 gems = 60,000 treasure, good luck getting paid what you're actually due.

Oh man yeah, I need to increase the prices in my art thread. FR's economy is pretty bad though, so even though 1USD = 100 gems = 60,000 treasure, good luck getting paid what you're actually due.

No kidding. I was waxing poetic about the economy earlier, but that's because I haven't been looking around the art threads for a while now. The art market there is... pretty bad. What I'd really like to do eventually is start tossing treasure amounts at people that's ABOVE their asking price, just to give them closer to what I think they actually should be getting for their work. But that would drain my savings quick, and I'm trying to save up for some Sunchaser Jewelry. :F (1/4 of the way there!)

Maybe eventually..

But anyway. The problem with that market is that it's so active. No one person is going to be able to bump the average price for art up too much, because it's so easy for clients just to go somewhere else for cheaper. Now, I've seen a couple artists there ask some pretty high prices and get them. Which is good! But their art was pretty darn popular, and I don't think many of the other artists stand a chance competing with that and getting those same prices.

I think most people just don't understand how much work goes into most art. It may take you 3 seconds to look at the finished product, but it could've taken that artist 3 weeks. I'll admit, I didn't quite grasp this for a while either. Like, I still feel kinda sketchy about all the art pieces in my signature that I got several years ago for just pixel dragon eggs (given the artist's rights here they might not have been able to sell fanart for real money anyway, but that's beside the point).

The skins market on FR may or may not be better than the general art one..? But it takes a royal chunk of currency just to cover the blueprints, let alone trying to actually get people to pay you enough to profit off your skins. Good luck trying to raise those prices in your thread though. D:

Edited by ~Magpie~

imo, there's quite a divide in fr economy.

i have friends who are amazing artists and have been profiting (which they should be!) greatly from the art sales section, and i've seen people who bump up their art thread near daily to no avail.

the skins/accent section is definitely one worth looking into--another is selling retired skins/accents. you can get a lot of money / gems by selling post-festival skins/apparel, and if you have retired um accents... oh buddy.

generally, things have been alright for me, and i actively trade in skins/accents (not as much as art, but i know someone who does daily!) a lot of is dedication to exalting, and the other is being creative about planning such as selling stacks of 99x food, hoarding baldwin materials, and investing in genes that have just released or are gem-only so you can sell their children for profits. a nicely gened butterfly is easily anywhere from 50k-100k, and even more now that petal has been released!

as far as gem trade goes, it depends on your timing. a gem:treasure ratio can flux from 1:650 to 1:700, depending on the timing. generally, i do my trading at a rate of 1:670, 1:660 if i'm feeling lucky and the items for sale section seems kind. however, it's been difficult for me to get gems lately due to the wildclaw scroll release.

another way to look into getting money is hatcheries/training services. hatcheries are a bit of a hit and miss--i ran a hatchery for a while before i realised the amount of dedication and time you have to put into making it, as well as pinging people and bumping the thread for buyers. the dragon market is really more of a buyers market than it is a sellers, so if you have extra time and patience then a hatchery would be nice, but otherwise not.

training services are also something you can do if you have your built + stoned team of 25s at the ready! (and another thing--lending out lv 25s can be a lot of money, but also risky)

if you have extra time, i definitely recommend investing in a coli team, since the coli is so much faster than fairgrounds.

oh--and, if you have extra lairspace, save your fodder. (unless you buy and exalt daily, then nevermind). if there's a dom battle on the horizon that doesn't involve you, you're looking to gain a lot of money by selling dragons to the flights. especially towards the end, as i remember during light v plague when prices were bumped up and i got nearly 500g, as unprepared as i was.

but yeah, i agree with everything said above; i'm also trying to sell my art for money, and sometimes the prices are just. mm //:

i've asked people before, and they all recommend bumping up your prices and then waiting a while--if no one is interested, bring them down a little, and repeat until you can find that balance. selling art is always hard--which is unfair, considering the amount of time and effort artists put into their artwork.

I am sitting on far too many g1s that I have no interest in. Instead of spamming a huge image list, i'll instead simply link to my lair:

*Everything without a familiar, is for sale.

*Name your price (will take gems or treasure... or if you are insane, genes for bulk g1s)

*Everything after plasma on page three is g2 or higher. All of my g1s are in the first three pages.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=154898

On FR I have a hatchery, writing shop (bios mostly, might take away the journal offer as no one picks it and just put a few more bio slotsXD), brewing service, and lair reviews.

I really enjoy breeding to see what I got and then sell the babies, usually, as I don't have enough room to keep them allXD

I have this guy:

user posted image

Personally I really like him, so I would like to give him away to someone who won't exalt him. PM me here or on FR. First come first served.

Claimed

Edited by Nectaris

You guys need to stop posting such pretty babies, it makes me want them all T_T

On that note :3 I have some dragons that I'm offering up to people, pay what you like. Otherwise I'll train them a bit for exalting. I also have some new babies that I'm willing to part with that hatched today, if any strike your fancy let me know.

Ralola

user posted image

Krashos

user posted image

Breeya

user posted image

Edited by dragontamer44722

My Imp hatchies (well, not hatchies any more xd.png) are still available :3 Will wait 'til the 20th, and if there's no interest, I'll place in the AH :3

Wow, you guys are pretty hardcore. I just like hoarding crystal-y Tundras and Imps, lol. I like Guardians too. I'm willing to sell this one, 10,000 to 20,000 treasure'll work:

user posted image

My user's EllieTheFox.

Does anyone have a favorite breed? I really like Tundras. (OH MY GODDD ADWIN IS SO PRETTY.)

Edited by VeelaWolf

Wow, you guys are pretty hardcore. I just like hoarding crystal-y Tundras and Imps, lol. I like Guardians too. I'm willing to sell this one, 10,000 to 20,000 treasure'll work:

user posted image

My user's EllieTheFox.

Does anyone have a favorite breed? I really like Tundras. (OH MY GODDD ADWIN IS SO PRETTY.)

If you want him you can have him, I'd rather he go to someone who likes him then to exalt him myself.

(I'm assuming you mean Adwen but if not then oops my bad xP)

And I personally like Imps. I'd get more Faes but I dont like a lot of the genes on them.

Edited by dragontamer44722