Tazzay

Flight Rising

All the monsters added particularly for NotN drop chests, at rates proportional to their level's difficulty.

Hey so being new in all... how do you get the special genes and such to change the appearance of your dragons? (Not skins, though I would like to know where to get the "blueprints" to design your own). I know you can buy them, but wow are those expensive... are there any other ways?

All genes can be found in the marketplace, though some are gem only. If you don't want to buy the genes, the other option would be to buy a dragon that has the genes you like in the AH, just narrow your search.

Kind of at a stuck position, as I like grinding in the lower leveled avenues since it means seeing more NotN mobs, but like ObsesssedWithCats mentioned, their drop rate is low, and even though my one fighting set of dragons is level 22, they're not strong enough to battle in the same level avenue ^^;

I'm in the higher areas and the drop rate is not that high either. I only got about four chests today.

Been grinding on and off (between work) for an hour and a half now, and still no drops @_@ I've tried Woodland Path but I haven't seen as many marionettes as I hoped, so I went back to Mire and eventually Kelp Beds. Hoping to level up one of my permanent dragons to 25 while I'm at it.

Stopped grinding about an hour after my last post, and got two more chests from the Kelp beds. Not bad.

Though I have to say, when comparing GW and KB it really comes down to how much attention you can spare. These probably aren't super accurate, but they make sense to me:

I tend to multitask a lot, so I finish one battle, do something else, come back and finish another battle, do something else etc. So the long battle times in GW don't really matter when considering the total amount of time needed to farm. If you aren't actually sitting in front of the computer focusing on farming GW might actually be better because high drop rates.

On the other hand, if I sit down and focus on farming, I can finish two to three KB battles in the time needed to finish one GW battle. You go through a lot more enemies much faster and since both are LV 25 venues In don't think the drop rate will be that much worse. So if you've got time to spare and can focus on farming KB is better.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm farming with a full LV 25 team consisting of a healer mage and two farmers for GW. And a full LV 25 team with two farmers and a two-fodder build for KB. Probably need to train up another farmer for a full farming team though. The Mire build doesn't do well when farming in higher level venues.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Finally got a chest from a Painted Marionette in Woodland Path ^^; I'll keep going in this venue to see if I get another, and if not, I'll move on to the Scorched Forest rolleyes.gif

*Edit* Now the coliseum isn't working blink.gif Not sure if it's just me or not mellow.gif

*Edit #2* Ooooh, I got a decoy/copycat familiar from the chest - a Fallbrush Fraud! :3

Edited by FluffyPillow

Meh, farming most of the afternoon only got me one chest, with three from baldwin's, and all I got was familiars I already have. Not happy with this. I would rather have last years opening tons of chests, at least I got something then. At this rate I will be lucky to get a single egg the whole event.

I've gotten 5 chests so far from coli and gathering, plus an extra from baldwin. I didn't grind a lot last night because I just got off a flight and was super tired lol, I only grinded for around 2 hours.

Just woke up and I plan on grinding a lot today though. biggrin.gif Out of the 5 chests I got two of the new familiars, I'm happy with that!

My friend farmed till like 4AM yesterday though and she got a boss familiar AND a scroll, kudos to her. <3

Edited by suskekun222

I found Marrionettes... couldn't beat them though, most of my dragons were already close to dead... Still not used to this whole battling thing. blink.gif

I haven't gotten squat xd.png I've been going to the Sandswept dunes to farm for Serthis poison (its the only thing I need to transmute the Poison gene). I've seen plenty of the Unlikely Alliance enemies but got nothing out of them.

Farmed around 4~5 chests in the past few hours.. Got 2 of the new familiars and 2 bears I already had, but also managed to pull a noc egg. : D

Got 2 more chests and ended up getting another faux bear and a Nocturne egg! biggrin.gif Also, I'm thinking of saving them until the color wheel is complete before hatching them :3

Edited by FluffyPillow

I've done pretty well so far, but I've had to do a fair bit of trading to deal with duplicates. I'd recommend Culex's guide for levelling to anyone who isn't already using it, and would be willing to lend or sell some levelled dragons to anyone who needs them.

No chests when gathering again sad.gif I know they said they're in all of the gathering spots, but maybe they aren't? unsure.gif

I just got a chest from gathering, popped it, and out came a Nocturne egg!! Ahhhh!!!

Got one chest from gathering today, and inside was a bear I didn't have yet. :3 Got a few more chests since my last post but none had anything too impressive inside.

Also, I just found out Pipp and Tripp are offering chests for the trinkets and food that the special notn monsters are dropping? o: This makes things easier for me.

Yeah, the Swap stand now has chest swaps, and at artificially high rates too smile.gif. The Status box on the Home page has a link to the announcement they were added.

No chests from gathering today, I got one yesterday with a familiar in it though (some sort of book with wings). Hoping I can get a chest tomorrow.

Edited by Clya

Still no luck gathering today. I've opened a grand total of one chest so far, from Baldwin. xd.png

What level can you "brew" chests? O.o I'm level 2 and the only thing from this event that I can create is an Alox (once I gather the ingredients) ^^;

What level can you "brew" chests? O.o I'm level 2 and the only thing from this event that I can create is an Alox (once I gather the ingredients) ^^;

Top right of the second page of brews is a single chest, level 2. Nearer the bottom of that page is two chests, level 3.

Edited by ObsessedWithCats