user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Nectaris

2 Cherub babies for sale! Asking 20k each.

user posted image

Male

Primary: Lavender Cherub

Secondary: Charcoal Peregrine

Tertiary: Thistle Basic

user posted image

Female

Primary: Shadow Cherub

Secondary: Midnight Peregrine

Tertiary: Violet Basic

Still have these 2 Imps, price lowered to 15k if a CR is sent!

So I've been playing off-and-on for a little over a year now (IE + a dinosaur connection = FR not working half the time) but I've recently decided to start giving my dragons personalities/descriptions and after reading through the FR Encyclopedia I was curious about how we the players fit into the lore?? Here on DC I can say something like "This dragon enjoys exploring wih her owner." since our lore/gameplay specifically says that we're a bunch of humans who collect and raise dragons but unless I missed something in Sornieth it's just the dragons who live in clans..but how do they get there?

So I've been playing off-and-on for a little over a year now (IE + a dinosaur connection = FR not working half the time) but I've recently decided to start giving my dragons personalities/descriptions and after reading through the FR Encyclopedia I was curious about how we the players fit into the lore?? Here on DC I can say something like "This dragon enjoys exploring wih her owner." since our lore/gameplay specifically says that we're a bunch of humans who collect and raise dragons but unless I missed something in Sornieth it's just the dragons who live in clans..but how do they get there?

What do you mean by "how they got there"? From what I understand, it's the progens who get together and decide to start a clan (your lair) and settle down in the territory of a certain deity.

What do you mean by "how they got there"? From what I understand, it's the progens who get together and decide to start a clan (your lair) and settle down in the territory of a certain deity.

That's right! I'd forgotten about that part, oops. :)

I guess what I was thinking was that things like feeding/breeding your dragons and interacting with the NPCs makes it sound (at least to me) like there's a human/some other being overseeing the clan (which there is gameplay-wise) and it's well-being but yeah the progens being the clan founders makes more sense.

Hmm.. maybe I'll just add something to my clan profile like "The dragons of this clan are unsure of what to do about the human who seems to be following them and tracking their activities, so for now they just ignore her hoping she'll get bored and go away."? XD

Sold

Edited by Jedi40

Just a reminder for everyone, the site will be going down at 22:00 server time for maintenance until 00:30 server time tomorrow morning. Preparation for NotN.

That's right! I'd forgotten about that part, oops. smile.gif

I guess what I was thinking was that things like feeding/breeding your dragons and interacting with the NPCs makes it sound (at least to me) like there's a human/some other being overseeing the clan (which there is gameplay-wise) and it's well-being but yeah the progens being the clan founders makes more sense.

Hmm.. maybe I'll just add something to my clan profile like "The dragons of this clan are unsure of what to do about the human who seems to be following them and tracking their activities, so for now they just ignore her hoping she'll get bored and go away."? xd.png

There are no humans in the world of Flight Rising - they were all destroyed when the Arcanist was created. My own take is that I don't exist to my dragons - the actions I direct are things they would have done anyway. Others might take the role of a lesser god/spirit, a dragon external to the clan or a dragon within the clan.

The maintinence got extended to 01:00 server time... and I just bred a batch of four eggs, too. I want to incubate mah eggies! Let me on!

EDIT: It got extended again, this time to 01:30 server time. It gets extended a third time I'm just gonna sleep and check it in the morning since I'm in CST (GMT -6)

Edited by dark_and_stormy_heart

Made the mistake of gathering before anything was fully integrated, so I used all my gathering turns and got nothing ^^; Need to wait until tomorrow now rolleyes.gif (for the NotN, I mean)

Edited by FluffyPillow

I just got my first strange chest! Because they will disintegrate after the event is over, should I just open them? There's no point in saving them right?

I didn't get anything from Gathering though, so I guess I'll have to try again tmr.

I didn't get anything from gathering either.

Only had one chest from coli so far but I got the legit bear of my own flight so it's all cool tongue.gif

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

I popped the chest. Got a Jadecarved Decoy tongue.gif

Edit: And a Magic Mirror O:

Edited by GoldeenTrix

I have yet to find a single chest. I am a little irritated by how hard they are to get this year.

It doesn't help that my dragons are only lvl 14 xd.png I'm stuck at the Bamboo waterfalls for now unless I get my butt in gear. I did get some sort of tome though, no clue what it is for.

edit: weathered tome, yay me xd.png

Edited by dragontamer44722

I have yet to find a single chest.  I am a little irritated by how hard they are to get this year.

I noticed you can craft them in Baldwins Brew, so I'm transmuting all sorts of things now. I'm lucky I already have a few ingredients ready, I just need some more yellow sludge and I can craft another chest.

I'm also farming in Golem's Workshop, so that could be it. I don't encounter the Nocturne chest monsters very often but they said higher level monsters have higher drop rates.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Another thing to account for is monster spawn rates - I've done quite well for myself in the Kelp Bed, which are a lot faster to work through than GW. GW is almost never worth it because every battle takes so long.

I've been seeing the chest monsters in the Waterway and getting Mimic powders, so I think my best shot is gonna be getting a chest in Baldwins. At least this is giving me an excuse to grind a bit.

Anyone get anything good yet?

edit:its back now.

Edited by dragontamer44722

Another thing to account for is monster spawn rates - I've done quite well for myself in the Kelp Bed, which are a lot faster to work through than GW. GW is almost never worth it because every battle takes so long.

How many chests have you gotten so far? I've been farming on and off for about an hour and got a total of two. I wasn't really focusing though, so I had long pauses in-between battles lol.

But for some reason the Coli is broken for me right now. It's stuck on the loading bar and refuses to work D:

Edited by GoldeenTrix

I've opened ten chests so far, most from Kelp Beds, one from Baldwin. Having missed a couple of hours to various causes (and coli being non-functional for me right now) that's a couple of chests an an hour maybe.

So far from Chests:

- Polarfreeze Defender

- Unlikely Alliance

- Sunsea Pseudo

- Painted Marionette (*shudder*)

- Thornthick Thief

- Ensorcelled Volume

- Spellbound Tome

- Conjurer's Cloak

- Conjurer's Hat

- Conjurer's Herb Pouch

I did my two hour grinding earlier this morning, most of it in Golem Workshop (then a little in Crystal Pools) but I got nothing. I took a break to work on some art. I'm going to go back to grinding soon so maybe I should focus a bit on Kelp Beds.

It's also feeling to me like the Woodland Path has a very high Marionette spawn rate - low drop rate but I get through more because I can take each out in one scratch.

Those things are horrifying though, I don't think I've ever seen a FR monster that repelled me so much >_<