pudding

ESPers

Azure just looked blankly at him waving her hand again. "Let's get this meeting done and over with." interesting, there are so few ESPers .....what would he do to the others, they are people and have feelings and families too....... She remained quiet though. Waving at him to lead the way.

"As for why I became silent, you wouldn't understand what I have seen, what the government made me do. Your type wouldn't understand. We can never forget anything. ... never....." her voice in his mind was melancholy. She looked at him but through him. He wouldn't understand the horror. She saw what revenge can do. He couldn't comprehend when a mind reader snapped...........

Elliot turned his head forward and started down the hall, taking in the words in his head silently. So she wasn't talking now? This was going to be more difficult than he thought. Undoing what the government had done would be very, very difficult. "The same could be said back to you," Elliot replied with a frown but didn't look back at her at all. Instead, he lifted his necklace from under his shirt and pressed it against a door, causing it to swing open. Inside, there was a collection of chairs all turned towards the center of the room to form a circle. Two seats were open but the rest were filled with people of all ages talking to one another. Elliot walking into the room and took a seat in one of the open chairs, crossing his leg over the other.

"Everyone!" He called out, clapping his hands once until they fell into silence and turned towards him. "Good. We have a few things to discuss today but first, I'd like to introduce our newest member. You can introduce yourselves to her later but I just wanted to let you all see her so that way there weren't any incidents involving security." He gestured to Azure then pulled a small notepad from his pocket. "Right, first of all, we have a deal going on with the local mafia today at noon. The team in charge of that will be... Pride and Prejudice. Likewise, the matter of police and government distraction falls on the Old Yeller party." He looked up from his notepad and tilted his head to the side. "Any questions so far?"

"interesting that you would use old book titles as party names. May I ask who is in my favored book Frankenstein party?" She displayed her power now, communicating with all of them, although the connection was faint, it was quite clear. She stood silent in the corner listening to the meeting. "And which party am I assigned too?"

"There isn't a Frankenstein party yet," Elliot replied with a small shake of his head. They didn't have enough people to create all of the book titles and each base relied on a different method of team names. "But you'll be in my party, Treasure Island. All recruits are taught in the team of the one who originally brought them in." He shrugged slightly then looked back to his notepad. "Anyway, Alice in Wonderland will act as backup for those two teams. The teams with already assigned missions from previous days are dismissed, as are those mentioned thus far. Remember training the children stands in place of reading tonight and I except a representative from each group to be there." He waited silently as most of the room gathered their things and left, chattering to one another. The only ones left were himself, Azure and three other individuals. One, a man, was the same who had come to Azure's call when Elliot had collapsed the other day. When everyone was clear, Elliot gestured with a hand to the individuals. "This is the rest of the Treasure Island cast. We're going to show you the ropes today since this is our day off and you haven't had a tour yet."

Azure inclined her head at them. "I am azure." she said simply. She nodded to show she understood. Still, she was quiet. Yet again, same as the government. This would be easy. Her "tick " popped up once more, fingers tapping on her leg as piano keys. Her nervous anxiety sign. She carefully studied the faces of the people she worked with.

She smoothed her dress and her hair glad the meeting was over. The multitude of minds was to much to handle. She still needed to fix her dress or get clothes that would fit her.... which would be hard. Her shorter stature, a stark five foot two and three quarter inches and her thin frail waist made it hard to find pants for her. She's more then likely going to have to modify anything they give her. "So, day off... what do you guys do on a day off?" She thought it would be better if she spoke now.. to make it more comfortable for them.

She had to find what they sell and who is above Elliot the hard way, considering they wore those stupid charms. She didn't want to stay long, but now she had to. Her lips pressed in a thin line as she thought. She wouldn't tell the government about the girls, not after what they made her do....