pudding

ESPers

"It's a shame, really," Elliot replied with a laugh. "I mean, it would've been interesting if I had other abilities. But I guess my psychokinesis is good for me. I'd never want to go without it." He smiled before nodding at the young boy. Obediently, the boy looked at the two of them and then snapped both of his fingers. The faint pulling sensation came again before their feet connected with hard cement. They were standing in an alleyway. "Oh, right," Elliot said no sooner than they had landed. "Azure, this is Thomas. He's a teleporter with specialized psychokinesis. Thomas, this is Azure. She's new. And as long as you're both ready, we'll get started."

Azure took several deep breaths and sighed, nodding. She was ready. She nodded to Thomas and pulled up her hood hiding her face in the deep folds and shadows. Azure waited patiently for Elliot to give the go ahead, ready to prove herself on the mission.

Elliot watched Azure for a few moments then shook his head with a sigh. “No, that won’t work. People don’t dress like that and you’re going to turn too many heads with that kind of outfit. The dress is fine I guess but the cloak is too much. We can’t stand out too much or things will get messy.” He frowned as he looked at Thomas, resting his hand on his hips. “How about you go get her one of the standard-issue blazers? We can try other subtle outfits later but we can’t have you looking like you just came from a convention or something. It’s too suspicious.”

“Alrighty, Eli!” The boy replied and quickly, smiling as Elliot turned on him.

“It’s Elliot. You know I hate that nickname!” The boy only smiled and disappeared, quickly snapping out of existance before Elliot could yell at him any more.

Azure looked hurt. "My friend gave me this...... "She said softly, but knew better then to argue. The point was to blend in to the criminal group, not stick out. If she wanted to learn something new from this group, she'd has to obey orders..... whether she likes them or not. Hmmm... going from one strict organization to another, going under cover wasn't so different from living with the government.

“And you can wear it as much as you like when we are working in the base. But outside of there, we have to act with a bit of discression. For public missions, we need to act secretly or we’ll have the government breathing down our necks at every other turn. It just doesn’t work if we are trying to blend in.” The boy returned with a jacket and held the black blazer out to Azure. “Alright, let’s get a move on,” Elliot said, turning around quickly so that his long scarf trailed up behind him slightly. He walked out of the alleyway and quickly made his way into the grocery store they had appeared next to. Humming to himself, he quickly grabbed a cart and began to walk into the store, blending in fairly easily. It was almost like he was actually normal and not a criminal who had killed many, many people.

Azure put on the blazer and walked in with him. "What do they like? " She looked old fashioned but normal. She looked around the store, wandering like a women normally dose in a store.

"No idea," Elliot replied with a small shake of his head. "I'm just going to get a lot of different things and see what they eat. That way, even if they're picky, they can still find something they like." He looked down at Thomas for a moment then tilted his head to the side. "You can both pick something out, if you like. I won't mind if you want one thing."

"I'm getting chips," Thomas quickly said then darted off down one of the aisles. Elliot shook his head slightly then started to pile things into the cart at random. He'd have to try making a lot of different things.

Azure tilted her head and looked around. She saw cashews in a tin and got those. "I could help you make something for them. Fruit salad, I can make home made chicken fingers .... Any old home made thing I can make .. lemon marange..... other sweets. Doing things with my hands....bakeing, sewing, painting, any art. Every one has a querk to keep them calm..."

"We'll see," Elliot replied, his thoughts drifting. Lemon meringue... that wouldn't work. These were kids, probably only seven or eight from his estimate. He'd need things that seven year olds would enjoy and want to eat. Turning the cart down the isle, he started to place several things into it. First, pasta, followed by chicken with breading. Bread for sandwiches, several types of meats, cheeses and peanut butter and jelly. He added several more things to the cart then paused and looked up. It had been a fair amount of time. "Where'd Thomas go?" He asked, looking around in confusion.

"Chatting to a girl in the chip area. Hmmm.....Chocolate chip cookies and macaroni. I know a perfect recipe for cookies .... " She looks round and spots Mac and cheese, placing it in the cart. Then she snagged Oreos. "Not healthy but what child wouldn't like milks favorite cookies? " She was smiling, a small one but a real one. She had white teeth and seemed less sad and haunted when she smiled. She set the cookies in the cart.

Elliot sighed loudly and rubbed at his head. Despite being so young, it was clear that he looked after everyone in his care like he was their father. That kind of stress was bound to make him have grey hair early on but he couldn't help it. He cared about his own kind very, very much. "Not too much of that," He chided as he picked up some celery as well. "I can't feed them too much junk or they'll never eat the healthy stuff." He scratched his head then looked at Azure again. "Can you call Thomas back? We've spent enough time here and we need him to get back."

"Thomas, Eliot said to come back please. " Azure nodded. "He's on his way. I know they arnt healthy, I just want them to eat. We can get raisens and make ants on a log with the celery ..."

"Ants... on a log?" Elliot asked, clearly unfamiliar with the term. He knew how to cook but making things like that was unheard of. His childhood hadn't been a good one so he had no time to enjoy little treats for children. He was fighting a war and he couldn't be taken seriously by his opponents if he was eating things like that. As a result, he didn't know what a good portion of those were. "I guess we could let them have whatever that is. As long as kids would like it." He blinked as Thomas quickly came trotting back over, carrying a bag of chips with him, not really sure of what Azure had been talking about. "I guess we should go checkout now unless someone else has something they want."

Azure tilted her head. "You never had ants on a log? It's celery, peanut butter and raisens. " She grabbed a small box and put it in the cart. "The fun part is making them. You're helping me.." she pointed at him tapping his chest. "I think we are good ." She walked to the front. "I loved them, I believe the girls would and it's healthy snack for everyone. I can help you in the kitchen if you let me. I........" she feel silent, background things where not aloud to be shared on her undercover mission. She stopped talking.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Elliot pushed the cart forward, wrinkling his nose up. "Raisins? I've never liked those." He shrugged his shoulders slightly, however, and focused on Azure again. "But if the fun is in making them, maybe I can convince them to try doing it. I'd like if they did something other than sit there and eat. I've tried getting them to play but they don't move that much." He sighed and looked back at Azure, noticing she had fallen silent. He frowned as he pulled the cart to a stop and began to unload things from it onto the conveyer belt to be scanned. "Are you alright?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side.

((On phone sorry. Edited XP))

Azure helped him unload the cart. "Then I will teach you how to do it so you can teach them. I would like a couple myself, I loved making these things and eating them. You don't have to have raisens.... The peanut butter makes it fun." She looked up from what she was doing. "Everything is fine, like you said, background is touchy..... I don't want to talk about my own past with a stranger ... to put it in your own words...."

Elliot looked surprised for a few moments before a smile formed on his face. "Good point," He replied with a grin. "I won't pry any more into it. We all get to keep our fair share of secrets." He handed a card to the cashier then pushed the cart filled with bags out of the store. Lifting the bags from the cart, he turned to Thomas and nodded. They hadn't bothered waiting to seek cover this time since they were leaving so, with a snap, the three of them had returned to the room where the group Thomas had been taken from were still playing cards. Immediately, Thomas ran back to join them as Elliot let his powers take control of the produce, letting it float around his head instead. "Ready to go to the kitchens, Azure?"

"Indeed I am but I have one rule, no power there. It is very dangerous with knives and movement around a kitchen. I'm sure you understand. I move quite often while cooking, I don't want a injury on my first day. Lead the way, I still don't know my way around ..."

"Now hold on a moment!" Elliot protested, a frown forming on his face. No powers? He couldn't do that! "I cook using my powers. This is my kitchen and I'm not going to change up how I cook because of that. I'm letting you join me because you wanted to make contact with those girls but you don't have any right to tell me how I should and shouldn't cook." He crossed his arms, refusing to budge from his place.

Azure raised her hands. "Alright, but I do move around quite often, so bear warning." She snagged a bag out of the air and looked at him. "I just hope that you know to keep an eye on me, I jump randomly from one thing to another, I don't want to get run through with a knife."

"Alright but remember, you aren't making everything. They wanted only me to handle the food so I'm breaking enough of their trust by letting you make some of the stuff." He walked forward quickly and took very little time getting to the kitchen. Once there, he set the bags down on the counter before taking his place in the center of the room. First... The chicken. The food floated out of the bag and quickly arranged itself on the counter. Packages were peeled away and bowls flew out of cupboards as the food began to, as if on its own, prepare itself.

Azure looked at the display and snorted. "Where where you when I needed to clean the house? I'll make the Mack and cheese, and a few ants on a log.... " She took the supplies needed and started the water to boil and cutting the celery opening the peanut butter and slathered a large glob on to the celery, trying... yet failing to make it neat.

She stood so he can watch her make the first five leaving the materials there and bringing a peanut butter covered celery, with three strategically placed raisins on top and gave it to him. "Here, try one just to say you had one..." She handed him the piece. "I can make cookies for the girls, but also for the rest of the kids.. you can say that you snagged some...it wouldn't be a lie if my back is turned and you use your powers when I'm not expecting you.."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Elliot nearly dropped everything in surprise when one of the logs was presented to him. His nose wrinkled up slightly and he quickly shook his head. "Ew, no," he said, reverting into a mentality more fitting of a five year old. "I don't know if kids actually like those things but I'm good without them. I don't like raisins at all." Turning away, he fiddled with his necklace before closing his eyes and bringing his hands up. Even more cooking supplies and food flew through the air but unlike before, the concentration was clear on his face. "Make cookies for the other kids but these girls don't need that much junk. I want to make sure they're healthy and cookies don't have good properties."

Azure sighed and plucked off the raisins and set it on the counter eating the raisins herself. "Its there if you want it. " She then set about making cookies, at one point, humming a tune softly, it was hard to tell what it was but her free hand always moved like a conductors. She was humming Beethoven's symphony, ode to joy. It didn't take her long to make the dough and press it into chocolate chip cookies. She lay them carefully on a pan and popped them in the oven.

Elliot glanced at the piece of celery then shook his head and turned back to what he was doing. In a few moments, everything was sorted and a pile of dirty bowls formed in the sink while everything else was either cooking or done. Sighing loudly, he let his hands fall down to his sides and leaned against a counter top, rubbing his forehead. Using his powers for prolonged periods of time without disabling his necklace sure was a hassle. "Everything should be done in ten minutes or so. I'll take the food to them then and you can watch if you like."