EnderEcho

Is the dress blue or white?

Blue and Gold, the further down you look in the picture, the darker the gold looks, as if its black

As for the main color, definitely blue

The jacket, definitely blue and white

Edited by Tasokie

I say blue and gold because I love those two colors the best and are always willing to jump up for something that is blue and gold. xd.png My boyfriend says blue and black because he loves black and thinks it's dark enough for that. xd.png

Hahaha I'm late to the party, aren't I? When it first came out, I saw white and gold. However, once I was told it was black and blue, I started seeing that instead.

To those who mentioned different monitors, lighting etc. : I once saw two girls sitting at the same computer, turning it this way and that, changing the brightness, and neither succeeding in seeing the other's point of view.

Yes, those things do have some impact, but they can't explain everything away.

I wonder if this thing is kind of a hoax, where the image shifts color ever so slightly - and after an hour, you see it differently. xd.png

I copied the current pic into Paint.net and analyzed the colors, which are a grey-ish blue (with extremely low saturation in the shadows) and a dark color based on slightly desaturated yellow and orange.

Definitely neither close to white (way too dark!) nor gold (way too dark again).

I had the most amusing experience. I saw the thread about it before the internet exploded with gazillions of threads and pages about this dress and I saw the dress as blue and black and the question puzzled me because I wasn't understanding how come someone could see as white and gold, it was clearly black and blue. I scrolled the page, read some comments, laughed a little, thinking that it was all absurd and when I scrolled back... BANG! The dress was white and gold. I was so puzzled that I even saved the pic to my computer to open it at photoshop and check, and it was, indeed, blue and black, but for several minutes, I saw as white and gold. I think it's an optical illusion caused by the picture lightning combined with how much light there is in the place where you are. It was night and my room doesn't have a strong light. In the morning I couldn't see the white dress with gold anymore, only blue with black. It was an amusing experience.

You're not the only one who saw both color combos. The first time I saw it was black and blue, they next time it appeared on the news, (which was later that day) it was white and gold and had been ever since until I looked at it again just now.