EnderEcho

Is the dress blue or white?

The few times this dress has looked blue and black for me, it quickly fades to white and gold. I guess since my brain adjusts it. But, I can see the original colors out of the corners of my eye, outside of focusing range. From what I know of eye anatomy, that's also the section more light/shadow sensitive.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I already know it has to do with the lighting and the eyes and such, but I'll drop what I see here.

I almost always see blue and black, but if I don't look at it for awhile, and then I suddenly look at it again, I'll see it white and gold, but then slowly fade to blue and black. xd.png It's really weird yet kinda funny to see it change while staring at it.

Edited by Kira-san

Well, if it was an option, light blue and gold. It's not black, and it's not white, for me.

I can see both white&gold and blue&black. Some people claim to see blue and gold, and that's the only color combination I can't see. xd.png

Well, if it was an option, light blue and gold. It's not black, and it's not white, for me.

I was wondering if I was the only one who didn't see either of the two options! Cool smile.gif

Edited by sparkle10184

Right so now I can see both. Normally all I see is white/gold, when I'm not looking at it directly or am squinting at a small picture I can see the blue and black.

But honestly the whole issue is getting irritating. I was kind of amused at first but now I truly am seeing it everywhere and just... too much :x

Look at the dress, then move your monitor screen, you will see it as the other color combination.

Blue and black on my TV at home; white and gold on my monitor at work.

it's only the light in the picture it's not white and gold ~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The Lion King predicted this.

user posted image

Haha! That is brilliant! xd.png

This whole dress topic is so weird. That morning I 'KNEW' the dress was White and Gold but then later that same day, looking at that same picture I saw blue and black. nothing had changed about it, and if it did I couldn't tell. Now I see it more blue and black, at the most, light blue and a very slight gold tint in the black.

This optical illusion effect is a real brain teaser. blink.gif

On the twenty-sixth day of the month of February, in the year dated fifteen past two-thousand, humanity was tested by a single image that, alone, nearly obliterated all remnants of sanity still clinging to the fabric of society. In the wake of this horrific calamity, all have learnt a valuable lesson that shalt not soon be forgotten:

Never say yes to the dress.

xd.png Brilliant! xd.png

What colour is the Dalek? tongue.gif

Neither camp is correct "in terms of the actual picture" as the actual picture is neither purely white and gold or purely blue and black. People who see the photo as blue and black are adjusting for an orange bias as opposed to the blue orange and white people are adjusting for.

Here are the actual colors of the photos

user posted image

They're just as far from white and gold as they are from blue and black. If anything, the people who are correct in judging the true colors of the photo are people who see it as blue and goldish brown.

I see this coloration.

At first, it was white and gold, then over time - in a span of 30 min, it slowly changed to this color, and i've never seen the white and gold ever again.

Except when i was walking into a dimly lit room, and the screen was really bright, the dress changed to a white and gold - The dress change color really quickly that time to, back to the blueish and brownish color you see in the image.

Just saw it,I think it is brown and sky blue.

I don't know why the whole Internet has disagreed on it,it's just a dress.

Just saw it,I think it is brown and sky blue.

I don't know why the whole Internet has disagreed on it,it's just a dress.

I don't get why people are fighting over it either. My mother and I see it differently and we think it's both neat and funny. Not once did we ever get angry at each other.

I see it as a white and gold dress in natural (bluish) light, but apparently the model who first wore it said they didn't even make the dress in black and blue. So I guess I'm wrong.

This is the best image I've found so far to explain it.

user posted image

It's a good thing that dress is neither a color nor a style I like to wear, otherwise I would probably think I "have to" buy it now "because internet!"... tongue.gif

The bigger question here is...

Who cares?

I saw this explode all over 9gag and it stopped being funny almost instantly.

I just heard of this recently, and the pic I saw made it look blue and gold.

blue and black for me

And at least one radio station was reporting about it. It has spread like a virusXD

Horrible dress and horrible social media outburst over it dry.gif

I can't say I really care which colour it is though