Nerei

Combine Seasonal Encyclopedia Entries

Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Seasonal Dragons all have separate entries in the Dragon Encyclopedia. I would like if they were all combined into one single entry, so that the breed can be displayed on a single page. On a Seasonal's view page, it would still say that the dragon's breed was Seasonal and which season it came from, but all four seasons would link to one entry.

I think it would just make the Encyclopedia a little neater. If information was ever added to the Seasonal pages, it would be shown as a sole breed. We would be able to see it all at once, as well as all of the Seasonal sprites.

Pros:

We wouldn't have to go to multiple pages to see all of the Seasonal information.

Yay, no extra clicking.

Cons:

It might take up too much space.

Each Seasonal likely has its own traits.

On a Seasonal's view page, it would still say that the dragon's breed was Seasonal and which season it came from, but all four seasons would link to one entry.

The link from view pages uses the name from the breed's encyclopedia entry, so this part wouldn't be possible.

Cons:

It might take up too much space.

Each Seasonal likely has its own traits.

The bolded part is the reason why I'm rather against this suggestion. No strong feelings though, I'll live if they're combined into one entry - I just prefer having separate ones.

I personally don't like this idea. It would not make anything neater, if anything I feel it would be too bulky and too cluttered. The best way to record the information would be individually for each season with shared traits simply repeated on each individual entry. Clustering it all into one would mean either a super clumpy mess or a diluted entry with very little information as opposed to each having their individual entry.

On top of that TJ has already stated that linking all seasonal breeds to one entry wouldn't be likely so there is that as well.

All in all no support.

I know it can be possible to reference different places on a webpage - some of the help pages utilize this. So, would it be possible to put all the entries on one page and just have each type link to a different area on the page (ex. 1st paragraph is springs, 2nd is summers, so a summer would link to the 2nd paragraph)? Could solve the name issue, if I'm understanding correctly?

I also worry about the 'clutter' on the page for this suggestion, though. This has the potential to make the page really long and so more unwieldy to read. The separate entries, especially if they do have different information, don't bother me. xP

I much prefer them separate. They are - to me, anyway - very different dragons.

I thought of how the Pyralspites all have a single page, so maybe that's how it would be if this idea was implemented.

But I have to side with others here, I prefer the Seasonals to have separate pages.