Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

Shush, I think I'm funny.

So I had mentioned in the past that I was thinking of doing an Ides of March Brute breeding and some people were interested so I figured I'd make it an event.

user posted image

-- Friday, 15 March 2024 --

What is it?

A day to breed your Brute dragons and exploit a really terrible historical pun!

When is it?

March 15, between the hours of 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM cave time!

What do I do?

Breed a Brute dragon or fifty! Make purebreds or checkers or mixed up all kinds of lines, even gens or stair steps or giant glorious conglomerates that might have had inbreeding somewhere along the line. Doesn't matter. Just breed with Brutes!

Wait, I don't get it. Why's this funny?

BECAUSE HISTORY! Julius Caesar, dictator of the Roman Empire, was assassinated on the Ides of March (March 15 in the Roman calendar), in 44 BC. Caesar had recently been given the title of "dictator for life," which made the senators a little concerned about their job security. So these two Roman politicians, Cassius and Brutus were like, "Somebody should totally just stab Caesar." Which is what they did. Then, like, a millennium and a half later, William Shakespeare writes a play about Caesar and his assassination. Caesar's final line is "Et tu, Brute?" or "And you, Brutus?"

So yeah. Puns and historical and literary references.

Is it kind of callous to be making puns about a guys assassination?

Yeah, maybe. But it's been like, two thousand and sixty years. I think we're past the "too soon" point.

What if I'm massively opposed to mass breeding of any kind?

I can respect that, but I'd like to keep this thread for organizing and discussion of this particular event. If you want to opine on mass breeding in general, there is a thread on mass breeding.

--------------------

2022 Ping List

Spoiler
  • Dracaena
  • HeatherMarie
  • Mnkn10
  • Jazeki
  • sleepymuggle
  • Stormcaller
  • Sunrunner

--------------------

Comments, questions, concerns? Go ahead and post!

Edited by Stromboli

Any salad can be a Ceasar salad if you stab it enough. cool.gif

I love this idea. If I can log in on March 15th it shall happen! I don't think I've got any lineages going with my Brutes right now, but got plenty of CBs! They will probably be pleased with the attention.

I'm in!!!

and I will see if I can get me some more before the day arrives. (three isn't enough to help, not when two are going to be breed together lol)

Is there a specific time?

I'm in! I can do brute checkers in every possible holiday combination plus more , i have close to a 100 Brutes i think!

Is there a specific time?

Nope, just any time that day so that it gets the "Egg Laid on: March 15, 2015" stat.

Some folks may want to double check their time zones, since some places will reach March 15 before the Cave time does.

Glad to see people are interested. happy.gif Should be fun!

"Somebody should totally just stab Caesar." I love your summary wth

No but really, this sounds fun. Not that many Brutes over here, but I'll definitely be taking part. x3

I don't have many Brutes, but this sounds fun. happy.gif

I'm in. Maybe I'll even pick up some more.

I love Brutes and I should have some nice ones to breed by then. I think I will participate. smile.gif

And btw your post is the funniest thing.

I think we're past the "too soon" point.

laugh.gif

I only have one Brute, but I will be breeding that on 3/15. ^^

(Unless I get more between now and then)

Aw. I'd participate, but the 15th of March has a very different significance for me.

Good luck and enjoy yourselves, everyone! smile.gif

I have 125 Brutes. I am totally in.

Please remind me though. I am terrible at remembering dates.

Edited by PrincessLucy

OH YES PLEASE!

I also love history and Shakespeare and bad puns! Please count me in, and I would love a reminder. I don't have a lot of Brutes, but they'll be glad of the positive coverage! :-D

I'm in! I've barely got any Brutes, but once I'm no longer egglocked I'll try to get as many as possible in time for the breeding.

Oooooh, Brutes, Roman history and bad puns... Please put me on your Super Secret List too! xd.png

March does come in like a lion.... If love the opportunity to collect more Brutes. I only have two, so I don't think I'm quite qualified to partake in this, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. <3

OMH (oh my helix) I am going to borrow this idea later if you don't mind. My Shakespeare love is now inspired with more Shakespuns!

Love it.

Count me in! This is a great reason to get some more Brutes, plus I never can resist a pun xd.png