Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

I'm in, with my half dozen or so!

As long as someone reminds me to do it! biggrin.gif

And as student of Shakespeare and history, I love the literary references.

I'm in - I think I'll breed my Brutes together early (make sure I get no refusals) - then breed them again on the right day *the same will go for the offspring produced from these breedings *fingers crossed that I get no refusals as I'd be able to make a nice even gen. lineage**

Sure why not. I always did like bandwagoning. wink.gif

Though I don't like Brutes all that much myself, so all I breed are going to get abandoned for others to claim. xd.png I only have 4 CBs I believe. *checks* Yep, only 4 CB brutes. Why not, I'll add to the AP horde. cool.gif

I'm in - I think I'll breed my Brutes together early (make sure I get no refusals) - then breed them again on the right day *the same will go for the offspring produced from these breedings *fingers crossed that I get no refusals as I'd be able to make a nice even gen. lineage**

Heheh. I'm doing the same thing~

Just to clear up what seems to have been a little confusion:

the messies I was referring to in my previous post, mentioning that the Brutes would likely not show up for some days depending on the state of the AP, were the ones then in the AP and which might well continue to be bred (certainly were some in there when I tried hunting earlier today, keeping the time nicely lower, but - yuck, lol,) and NOT actually referring to this Brute breeding, as some people seem to have thought.

Sorry about the lack of clarity! smile.gif

Whoops. Yesterday was the official first anniversary of the Brute/Fever release and I missed it. D:

Well. Happy belated birthday to the Fevers and Brutes. smile.gif

PS, we're under two weeks to the 15th!

Well, this is an interesting idea. Only got a few Brutes myself, but I would definitely like to take part. That, and I think I'll keep my egg slots empty so I can grab a few <3

My brute collection was in need of a little help... 9 hatchlings are going to grow up in a couple of days and will be ready to breed on the 15th cool.gif

I picked up 7 more Brutes this week, only 2 clean.

I haven't checked lineages on my hoard of over 130, but I only plan on breeding the clean ones.

Oh boy, more people!

Please note: It's March 8! We are one week from March 15!

Keep this in mind when breeding this week, that any Brutes you breed after today will not be able to breed again by the 15th!

Also if you're looking to raise any more Brutes before the event, you'll need to catch them in the next day or two!

Edited by Stromboli

If anyone is looking for a couple of more brutes, in the first lines of my profile you will find the links of two 2nd gens (from electric and from spotted greenwings).

They are AP catches and under 6 days, so they will grow up in time for the Ides of March wink.gif

Happy Pi Day!

Reminder that Ides of March is tomorrow! Just 23 hours from now! Breed your Brutes any time between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM cave time (EST) tomorrow.

And now we have a handy dandy in-cave clock to keep us all on track! Woo hoo!

Edited by Stromboli

I'm sorry, but are all of you planning to let these eggs all loose in the AP?

Have you all thought of what you would be doing to all of us that mainly hunt in the AP?

I can assure you that we will not find it humorous to have only brute eggs blocking everything else for what will likely be days... blink.gif

Have you all thought of what you would be doing to all of us that mainly hunt in the AP?

I can assure you that we will not find it humorous to have only brute eggs blocking everything else for what will likely be days... blink.gif

We've considered this, yes.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm hoping on the fact that this is an all-day event to keep there from being a massive clog. More pockets than a wall.

I've also worked with the Common Collectors Competition, and Brutes have been made a competition breed this month. So, the CCC folks are aware and will likely be hunting. Not to mention most of us here will also be hunting for new lines once the eggs make their way to the front.

Obviously this is going a lot on hope and rough estimate, since no one can really predict how things will turn out, but we've made efforts to try and let everyone have their fun.

Happy Pi Day!

Reminder that Ides of March is tomorrow! Just 23 hours from now! Breed your Brutes any time between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM cave time (EST) tomorrow.

And now we have a handy dandy in-cave clock to keep us all on track! Woo hoo!

Good thing I stopped by to check! Thanks for posting. I'll breed after I get some sleep, sometime in the afternoon. >_e Nah, I've gotten little sleep this week and I spent like fifteen minutes trying to figure out what day it was/what tomorrow was from my own clock. That's totally on me, lol. I'll breed on the correct day - Sunday. xP

I can assure you that we will not find it humorous to have only brute eggs blocking everything else for what will likely be days...

I am an AP hunter and single-breed walls always make me excited because I know there's likely some neat lines in there. >D

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Just to clarify: That's tomorrow as in Sunday.

According to the Cave clock, we've still got about 20 hours until it's the 15th.

I should probably not make posts in the middle of the night.

I'm just excitable. smile.gif

It will likely only be a day, at most. Brutes don't stay long in the AP, even on a slow day, so those of you fearing a gorgeous wall of reddish purple, don't. You'll have to fight the brute fanatics, the CCC players, and the lineage hunters for them.

That said, I'm counting down the hours and prepping mah babehs... smile.gif

We've considered this, yes.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm hoping on the fact that this is an all-day event to keep there from being a massive clog. More pockets than a wall.

I've also worked with the Common Collectors Competition, and Brutes have been made a competition breed this month. So, the CCC folks are aware and will likely be hunting. Not to mention most of us here will also be hunting for new lines once the eggs make their way to the front.

Also, we'll probably have quite a number of "Brutefails", as it's not a PB event.

I'm so excited! I only have two pairs but this is gonna be fun!

All of my Brutes are ready to go. First batch will be bred with Golds.. second batch with Silvers.. third with Coppers.. any after that with Golden Wyverns. And yes, I'll be abandoning any metals bred too.

I'm also planning to catch Brutes when they start showing up in the AP. Hoping to find 2nd gen purebloods and metal crosses.

biggrin.gif

Sounds like fun to me. Who knows what they will produce for the AP, but they will all be nice.