Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

Please ping me as well, I don't have many Brutes but I'd like to share like last year .u.

Edited by Orchi'dea
derp

Just curious:  what time does everyone intend to start their breeding, what order, etc?

For me, I might start when the clock strikes midnight, 03/15.   It depends on how late I get home.  If not, I'll start in the afternoon of 03/15 after I get home from work.   I will probably see if I can round out some breeding projects first, but I might not worry about that until after, so I can try and catch some new babies (and ideas!) from others.  

Right now, other than a couple of projects that matured late (read:  I couldn't wait), all my brutes and their mates are on cooldown, so they're ready to go.

I have a couple dozen..count me in and a ping would be great.

I want to join in, too.

Random fact of the day: the Ides of a month are either the 13th or the 15th depending on the month.  The Ides of March are the 15th.  :)  I learned that in Latin class nearly two decades ago.  XD  I can't believe its been that long almost.

15 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

Just curious:  what time does everyone intend to start their breeding, what order, etc?

I'm not sure when exactly I'll be breeding, but with uhhhhh 1,255 currently available for breeding i suspect I'll be doing batches through the day. :) Most of the higher gens from my The Last of Us lineage I'll probably breed with their proper mates, but I think I might have the CBs breed with other CBs from my scroll. Spare everyone combing through 300 G2 PBs.

Will totally save a purple to breed my only Brute that day, I really like the Idea. Can't let a good pun go to waste. :D

I just finished naming all my CB brutes.   (Why yes, I did give my male brutes dwarf names from Tolkien's works and the Voluspa, why do you ask?)

All my lineaged brutes are bred and dropped..  Out of 63 pairings I got 42 brutes, 1 freckled, 1 black tea, 1 terrae, 1 almandine, 1 thalassa, and 2 royal crimson eggs that are out in limbo right now, except for a couple I kept for myself. They are all pretty lineages, and hopefully will find homes that can carry on themes or at least make someone smile.  Will do my CBs tomorrow (it's still 3/14 for me) afternoon.   

Edited by blackdragon71

Bred my 15 Brutes. Didn't get much Brutes though, but I DID find out that Brutes go well with Arcanas.

Thank you for the reminder! :)

Finished breeding and got 18 Brute eggs this year, with only one "no interest" (from the same pair that gave me no egg last year... maybe I should get the hint XD ). 

4 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

I just finished naming all my CB brutes.   (Why yes, I did give my male brutes dwarf names from Tolkien's works and the Voluspa, why do you ask?)

Ooh I gotta stalk the AP, I hope I find some of your offspring! :D

About 12 Brutes were sent to the AP, along with two non-Brutes. :) Mostly 2G's though there's one 3G even-gen from Soulstone and a 3G stairstep from female Silver in the mix.

meh... either 7 hrs until my next hatchie grows or however long it will take for my freezie to grow wings. Hate being scrolllocked.
Also can't wait to see the wall of Brutes in the AP this should create. Hope to snatch one from there aswell. ^^

Bred mine and got 10 Brutes and two Brute-kins.  All sent to the AP.  Will be watching for that wall.

I sent six Brute eggs (and two Celestials) to the AP from my two Brutes. 

Edited by SilverSimplicity

Been sporadically breeding through the day. Still have somewhere around 400 available for breeding. We'll see if I have the patience to get through 'em. ^_^

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Been sporadically breeding through the day. Still have somewhere around 400 available for breeding. We'll see if I have the patience to get through 'em. ^_^

*places laurel wreath on Stromboli's head*   

lol, it helps when you've got an 11 gen PB EG breeding project you're working on, so you have uhhhhh upwards of 720 CBs so far. :lol:

Sent 17 gen 2  and 1 gen 3 brutes to the AP.  One pair were pb.  And 5 refusals! from 24 breeding attempts.  That seem pretty high to me.  😡

Edited by Imzadi

Have produced 4 eggs from 4 attempts. Only 3 were brutes though. And how had I never heard of this before?

41 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

lol, it helps when you've got an 11 gen PB EG breeding project you're working on, so you have uhhhhh upwards of 720 CBs so far. :lol:

That sounds like my spitfire horde.  XD

But back to the breed at hand:  I'm off to do the CB breeding.  I already tried the freckled x brute pairing I was after and got freckled on both attempts.  One went to the AP, I kept the other.  I'm not going to do PBs, because that would limit my breedings.  I"m going to focus on pairing with other breeds.  

Edited by blackdragon71