Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

15 eggs to AP, including an aria, azure glacewing, golden wyvern(!), and seragamma wyvern egg.

4 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Also, how long do dead dragons stay available for resurrection?

I feel like to cary this event to its greatest potential, I need to try zombifying some of my Brute collection, and it'd be amazing if they could have their "Killed" date be today but it's, y'know, 16 days to the 31st...

4 hours ago, Belisar said:

I think it was 2 weeks - 14 days. Last Halloween you were able to have 10 zombie attempts (via the kill action) if you timed it correctly. So I think 14 days is the maximum.

Correct. Tombstones stay visible for exactly 14 days to the very second the dragon died before vanishing and becoming unavailable for resurrection. Kills also come back after 14 days to the second. So you'd want to kill the first batch on the 17th. I do this every month that has a 31st, and it works pretty well.

Edit: Also, I bred three Brutes early this morning - two x Witchlight and one PB. I only have the four but at least they all produced an egg! I'm not usually one for mass breeds but the pun amused me.

Edited by songwithnosoul

I bred 4 3rd gen PBs. Too tired to breed my CBs. That was the best thing about EATW--I could pull up CBs easily, instead of checking thru a hundred dragons looking for a CB.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Just a little time left in the day!

Thanks to everyone who participated, I can't wait to see these start coming through the AP. :) 

I only got to breed one (I only own two, and one was on cooldown) but I'm so excited for all the eggs to come through! I'll snag a bunch of Brutes up for my scroll :D

They're already in the AP? That was fast!

Yeah! AP time is pretty high right now.

Starting to see some of mine from yesterday morning now! :D 

@Stromboli I just grabbed four of your Brutes, and I'm already conflicted on naming them. Should I continue the Last of Us theme, or name them something special for Ides? It's a good problem to have. :lol: 

45 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

5aac0fb1a14ae_ScreenShot2018-03-16at1_36_59PM.png.6b2101947b4e7a6351a834be0cfede7a.png

whomp, there it is.

@purpledragonclaw I love seeing folks that continue the TLOU reference and Ides references, so I look forward to seeing whatever you go with! :D 

Hit me!😎👍

Aww. Well, next year the Ides is on a Friday, hopefully that'll work out better for folks? :)

I caught a pair that'll go nicely together, and caught some of my own that got vampire-bit. Which, tbh, is probably the best representation of the event I could hope for. XD

Thanks everyone! See you next year!

Hello friends, I know it's a bit early, but i wanna bump this to get it folks' radar.

It's a bout a month and a half until the 2019 Ides of March! Plenty of time to check out your Brute Dragon collections, make sure everyone's got a mate, or catch a few new Brute babs for this year's breed!

If you're in need of a particular mate, hit me up, I'm happy to help breed. ^_^

Bumping this up so everyone can plan to bring out their Brutes!

*gentle nudge*    I just bred a bunch of my brutes to the AP (working on lineages), so there will be some new adults for this event.  But I am ready this year!   I missed the last couple of years.  :(

Woo! It's March!

brutes.thumb.png.e8625cb06ebeeacc62a6acf768ee5403.png

Y'know, since the forum supports @-ing people, we could probably start up a ping list if people want reminders without having to subscribe to all replies to the thread...

I've finally picked up my The Last of Us lineage after uhhhh a few years off :blush: I've got lots of new pairs for this year too! And I'm looking forward to hunting for some new pretties for my non-lineage project lines :D

March 15 is on Friday this year, so anyone who plans on participating make sure you don't breed your Brutes after Friday, 3/8 at the latest!

Please include me on the "@" List!😋

I have some nice new Brute breedings this year!  

I'll remember, but include me on the @ list as well, please!   Also, if anyone is breeding male freckles to female brutes, will you keep me in mind for either breed of baby?  I tried that pairing tonight, got no baby, but I really liked how they looked together.    Thanks, and hit me up for a reciprocal breeding. 

Cool cool. We've got a ping list started. :D Anyone else that would like reminders, feel free to comment and I'll add you to the list on the top post.

Also it's Friday! Reminder that any Brutes bred after today will not be available again in time for the 15th!