Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

OK I’m getting ready for rotten tomatoes…

First of all, let’s talk about a few reasons why Marcus Iunius Brutus should be forgotten.

Brutus was a usurer. Became known for lending money at 48% annual interest. Brutus was a bully. Used the military to terrify everybody and, in particular, to force them to accept his “lending practices.” Brutus was awful also when it got to relationships. One nice day he decided to divorce his wife. The same wife that he had married for political ambition reasons. Romans didn’t had a problem with divorce but it had to be justified. His justification? He wanted to marry his first cousin. And so he did.

Brutus was a coward. Took the side of Pompey during the civil war but, as soon as the Battle of Pharsalus was lost, ran to Caesar to apologize. And Caesar (that had already ordered his officers, before the battle, to not harm Brutus) immediately forgave him. Guess why? Caesar had very good reasons to think that Brutus was his son. Caesar had a very long relationship with Servilia, Brutus’ mother, started before Brutus was born. Marcus, the assassin of his own father, who wants to remember him?

Dante got it right. Put Brutus in the center of Hell (on his Inferno) to be chewed for the Eternity by one of the three mouths of Satan. Only his fellow conspirator, Cassius, and Judas Iscariot deserve the same “honor” for their treachery. I hope he is still there.

By the way, Mr. Shakespeare got it wrong. For several reasons. He didn’t even get Caesar words right. Caesar did not say “Et tu, Brute?” Caesar said: “Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi!”

Now let’s talk about the reasons why this suggestion does not have my support. I hate walls. The Valentine wall lasted only one day but I was sick and tired of it. And you are now proposing another wall???

Edited by _Sin_

I'm not sure how common brutes are, but let me remind you what happened the last time DC players decided to massbreed for fun (blacks). Not to tell you not to do it, just something to keep in mind. smile.gif

If you were talking about the old, old days when blacks were bred in an attempt to get alts... That was more of a problem because a blocked AP meant the Cave stopped dropping eggs.

I like the idea of this event! I'll be breeding whatever Brutes I have. (:

As for the naysayers... I just want to say that this is for fun and I would think there are better things to get upset over. And if you pull the argument of "well, you guys are ruining my game and fun and DC is where I come to chill"... well, hunny, this is all of our game and different people view different things as fun. It would benefit you to calm down and relax. And if you won't calm down and are still upset, I would hope you sit down and reevaluate your life and reason why Dragcave would cause you to be so needlessly upset.

Edited by kiyoura

Not upset, simply won't participate, but I do find it a bit disappointing that some people feel their fun should trump another players fun.

And sincerely hope that those breeding will be picking up tons too, so that by the time I get back from whatever I decide to do the wall will more or less have disappeared.

ETA I think the reference to blacks was more the fact that mass breeding caused a scarcity of CB blacks afterwords, for quite some time. Made their trade prices crazy.

Edited by Tawanda001

OK I’m getting ready for rotten tomatoes…

[clipped]

Now let’s talk about the reasons why this suggestion does not have my support. I hate walls. The Valentine wall lasted only one day but I was sick and tired of it. And you are now proposing another wall???

Interesting information.

I mean, when someone plots the assassination of a close friend who to try to grab political power I'd assume that they're not a great person.

Though, as to Caesar's last words, there was apparently some debate as to whether he said anything at all. Though he pretty much definitely didn't say what Shakespeare wrote. The Shakespeare quote is just more well known, because it's Shakespeare.

As for the wall, I'm hoping that with it being the whole day the breeding will be spread out and the AP won't end up solid Brutes all day. And, unlike holidays, they actually can get mixed with other breeds since they don't automatically bump to the front of the AP.

Brutes are usually picked up from the AP rather quickly, so I don't think there will be much of a wall.

(Except if too many of them are messy - but I hope people participating in this will not just breed any random lineaged Brutes.)

Since everyone will probably be breeding different times of the day, i highly doubt there will be a wall.

Since everyone will probably be breeding different times of the day, i highly doubt there will be a wall.

Stromboli ALONE can breed walls, i've seen it. wink.gif

Right now the AP eggs are nicely set at around 5 and 1/2 days, although that seems to quite possibly be due to all of the ugly lineages I've been seeing in there lately. sad.gif

But if you guys mass-breed in the 15th, the eggs probably won't show for a day or three, depending on the state of the AP at that time, right?

And if people wind up mass-breeding a lot more messies, it could be even longer before they show?

People planning to pick these Brutes up are, I hope, keeping this in mind...

Right now the AP eggs are nicely set at around 5 and 1/2 days, although that seems to quite possibly be due to all of the ugly lineages I've been seeing in there lately. sad.gif

But if you guys mass-breed in the 15th, the eggs probably won't show for a day or three, depending on the state of the AP at that time, right?

And if people wind up mass-breeding a lot more messies, it could be even longer before they show?

I'm planning to breed my pretty ones, and to pick up any random eggs that I find. I like to pick up the messy ones.

I hope the AP will be a bit lower than 5 1/2 days when they show up. It was about 5d 7h when I came home from work yesterday, but it was 5 1/2 d by the time I was unlocked.

I'm in! I only have 9 (and most of them still need names, eek!) but I love mass breedings. I hope there is a wall! That would be awesome!

Stromboli ALONE can breed walls, i've seen it. wink.gif

It was just a little wall. smile.gif And only because I bred almost all my Brutes right at the same time. This time I've picked specific ones I want to breed, and will be doing it at intervals through the day.

though i was gonna test my unbred cb pairs, which i just counted and have, like, ninety pairs... whoops.

Also, to further alleviate walls, I talked to the Common Collectors Competition, and they're including Brutes in March's competition! So there will be people happy to fill up on them.

No messy brutes in BD71's cave. Since I only collect CBs and certain pairings, and a few 2nd-gen PBs, I am hoping the numbers I drop will be picked up readily and therefore, not clogging the AP for other breeds. *hugging all her pretty brute babies*

When will these hit the AP? Are you going to start this on the 15th? So 2-3 days from that?

When will these hit the AP? Are you going to start this on the 15th? So 2-3 days from that?

Yep, breeding happens all day on the 15th. Depending on how the AP's moving, they may start showing on the 17th or 18th.

That sounds interesting!

I'm currently picking up more Brutes. If I am at home that weekend, I'll be sure to participate. smile.gif

All of mine are CB and there's one lonely 2nd gen.

I'd much like to take part in this. smile.gif Seems quite interesting. Just might cause me to hoard some Brutes. x3

All my Brutes are caveborn, and I intend to breed them to cb metals. biggrin.gif

(and yes I'll drop any metals to the AP too)

Well, I know that the one Brute dragon on my scroll will be bred. Shame I don't have more than one. xd.png

Oh man this is gold

I only have a handful of Brutes, but I'd love to participate all the same.

---

Not upset, simply won't participate, but I do find it a bit disappointing that some people feel their fun should trump another players fun.

And sincerely hope that those breeding will be picking up tons too, so that by the time I get back from whatever I decide to do the wall will more or less have disappeared.

I am all for being sensitive to the desires of other people, but this is not a view that I can get behind. If you expect this of other people, shouldn't you hold yourself to the same standards? Let us have our fun. Flooding the AP with Brutes or anything else is not going to do any lasting damage. While I can understand your frustration, in the end this is a game about collecting pixel dragons.

I suppose the same thought applies to the "please don't breed messy eggs" sentiment. While I love pretty lineages as much as the next person, if someone gets enjoyment out of breeding an egg for this event, that's good enough for me regardless of that egg's lineage C:

I LOVE this idea. Don't have one but this surely gives me a reason to get one or two. biggrin.gif

I've only got 13 (well plus one hatchling) Brutes at the moment but count me in because historical puns! XD