Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

Bred my 10 Brutes - 3 Brutes & 3 Black Teas sent to the AP (I like the pairing, don't judge me).

3 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

Bred my 10 Brutes - 3 Brutes & 3 Black Teas sent to the AP (I like the pairing, don't judge me).

It's a beautiful pairing!   I sent my Black Tea x Brute lineages last night (male BT, female Brute).  

Seems I bred all my Brutes 5 days ago when I was locked with new release eggs and needed something to do! :( Oh well, I don't have that many anyway, so wouldn't have made much of an impact.

Almost forgot about this, but someone mentioned the Ides so I went to breed my brutes.

Sent 5 to the AP.

Something I'm finding as I'm going through my CBs:  The  more I breed, the more I'm getting the opposite breed of the pairing.  We might have hit the necessary number of brutes to maintain the ratio.  I may be wrong, but that's usually a tell for me. 

Update:   Out of 62 male brute pairings with other breeds, I got 33 brutes.  That's a little over half, so not too bad.  There will be some 2G sunsongs, thalassas, royal crimson, almandine, plated colossal, black truffles, and red nebulae mixed in with those.  The brutes will have holiday mates, so look out for those.   Now for my girls...

30 ladies gave me 24 brutes, 2 of which I kept (I found a new love:  male tan ridgewing x female brute!), and a baby from a gold with a cool code (SHADZ).  Got a couple of refusals and the rest are black tea, thalassa, a purple ridgewing, and a wrong xeno.   

Now, I rest.  :)

Edited by blackdragon71
Upating results!

My sole PB brute pair did not produce, but I did manage to send 5 eggs to the AP!

My mom bred one of her Female Brutes to her Male Upside-down Mint.  If anyone can do this pairing, she'd like a swap - check for it under the Brute tags in the trading hub.

I've been directed to convey my mom's gratitude for the trade, @Stromboli, so thank you lots :D!

Edited by Sunrunner

I only have 4 brutes but I bred them.  I paired them up with black marrows.  I like the pairing.  And I wanted to get brute eggs.  Sent 3 to the AP.

2 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

I bred one of my brutes with a black tea before.  They do look good together.

Oooh, I love Brute x Black Tea and Brute x Black Marrow. Hope I can snag a couple out of the wall. :)

Well my Brutes weren't very cooperative but I sent 5 to the AP (along with a few other breeds).

Sent two Brutes to the AP! ...Because My third pair didn't make any eggs.

How long before they show up?

A couple days I think...

Just sent at least 10 eggs to the ap

🎉😉🔪

Maybe Sunday? Hopefully before the weekend's over.

Also I'm proud to say that I've managed to breed my entire collection this year, and now I'm never going to do that again oh my goodness.

ETA:

Welp, it's no longer March 15, cave time. Thank you to everyone who participated! I look forward to seeing some fun things come through the AP in the next few days. :)

Edited by Stromboli

Seeing eggs from March 14 in the AP right now, at about 4d 11-14hrs, so Brute Watch '19 is on!   

Good morning, they're here.

459466776_ScreenShot2019-03-17at7_47_11AM.png.cfc0d8232368a43ef8995a32366d78db.png

i gotta really sit on the eggs i've got right now so they hatch as soon as they're able and I can catch some new things!! :D

Edited by Stromboli

Almost 10:20 EST and still a fair amount of low time Brutes in the AP.  Some nice lineage's too.  I grabbed a few more so I can contribute more to next year's Ides's event!

I'm sorry I didn't really get a chance to do more promotion on my end, but after coming home from work on Friday (Fridays are my end of week stagger home and collapse day), I got my few bred, a few to the AP, and went off to bed. Kept one or two of my own so I can better breed some future PB Brute lines, and have been enjoying grabbing and incuhatching from the AP. Started first round, and can't wait for them to hatch to start the second round, assuming I don't have so many hatchies from various AP Inuchatches that I actually have room to do more.... might have to pass on some hatchling love to some other people to make room!

I feel bad because in all the various dragons I have, Brutes I only have 2 pairs of CB adults and that is very small for a lot of the other breeds I have. So gonna have to do something to improve that. We might have to make that a project so people can throw more love to the AP with their brutes, although I know many of you have very impressive armies on your own. Thanks for the fun! Will enjoy it thruout the rest of the day!

Caught this baby:  https://dragcave.net/lineage/uRXPb!  @Stromboli, are the parents yours?   I have reserved an appropriate name for it, outside my normal brute naming scheme.

And this little guy has appropriately named parents, too:  https://dragcave.net/lineage/RGXXt.  Also reserved a good name for it.  Going to influence them as a pair.

Just a heads-up:  Watch your babies when you put them into fansites.  My new brutes have a huge mount of views/clicks already, even for ERs (I incubated all my AP finds).   I took them out of one of my hatcheries so they don't get sick.  

Edited by blackdragon71

Yup, both of those are both from my dragons! :)  All four of them (the parents) hatched on the Ides of March that year, which is why they got special Ides names.

Got myself a handful of new former-brute vampires, which is always a fun bonus from this event. Plus some really cool code parents! I'm looking forward to coming up with names :D

ETA:

... aw dip, there are still brutes comin' through. by the lots. we may have partied too hard. and i'm completely scroll locked for the next two days.

tenor.gif?itemid=5310600

Edited by Stromboli

... well in fact, now nobody wants all these brutes now. And I'd like to catch something else, which will hatch sooner than caveborns and as long as abandoned page is overloaded with brutes that nobody wants, I cannot. :D

Well I for one am ECSTATIC for all these brutes. >:D Muahuahaua, time to get me some Ides babies. 

Thanks all!

I think we're into eggs bred in the last few hours of the 15th. Wonder how low AP time will get before they're gone ;) 

And curse the scroll limit! There are some nice G2s in there right now. I like how they look with Arcanas.

14 hours ago, Stromboli said:

ETA:

... aw dip, there are still brutes comin' through. by the lots. we may have partied too hard. and i'm completely scroll locked for the next two days.

When in Rome, dude.  When in Rome...

Still tiptoeing through the brute-colored tulips in the AP, but it's only half a wall, now.   I was hoping to see a brute x arcana pairing to see if it's something I'd like to get in on or help others with, but never did.