DragonxEmpress

Dragon's Prophet

I'm not sure if there's a thread on it already, because I couldn't find it. Sorry if there is; I'm a fool this morning.

If you love dragons, and want to ride dragons, then this is the perfect game for you!

(like, seriously, lots of dragons. Dragons everywhere. Everywhere. So many dragons.)

This game is free-to-play! Mildly pay-to-win, however most everything can be earned, and the strongest dragons in the game are the ones you hatch yourself. The rarest ones are caught and in some cases, hatched, *if* you can find an egg that has that dragon.

Check the links below if you're curious and want to learn more.

Main Site: *insert horrible joke here*

All Dragon Types: Don't step on any tails

Eggs!: Not the kind you have for breakfast

Classes: It's not like there was school today or anything...

AND MOAR: Ooh.. Hot dogs!!

Good luck... and happy egg-hunting! wink.gif

Looks interesting.

It's a MMO or a Moba?

It's an MMO.

Video of gameplay here:

I could probably dig up more videos if you'd like. This is probably one of the better ones I've found, though, as all the decent ones had no sound, other than this one. >.>;

what are the pc reqs? like can it support dx11 and win 8.1 and intergrated graphics........ cause this looks interesting.....

can the dragons fly?

Edited by zorua9

The game can be supported on Win 7 - so i think it can run on Win 8

Erm yes i believe.

Yea biggrin.gif

Dragons can fly!

Except for two sub types - Water and Land Runners ( I call them that - shhh)

I haven't played in a while - i think its time to have a check back.

Soon.

Edited by Taryn123

i'll give it a go, if it doesn't run..... then meh.......

-.- zorua9 has been taken...... NO!

Edited by zorua9

Lol, I get low fps, and when I close it, a bit of background is still there so I have to log off my laptop, and then my IE kept crashing (xd.png which has nothing to do with dragons prophet).

so far it is good, a bit different from WoW.

Edited by zorua9

o.O

It will mostly be different from WoW

The missions also give a general area to where the quest items/monsters can be.

Lol, I get low fps, and when I close it, a bit of background is still there so I have to log off my laptop, and then my IE kept crashing (xd.png which has nothing to do with dragons prophet).

so far it is good, a bit different from WoW.

But at least the game can actually run for a bit, right?

I have a bad latency issue. It'll have low FPS on the game, but I can still move my cursor easy. Lol.

Does it have a mac version, on does it only work on PC? I tend not to download PC only games because I hate using my desktop. I'm a lazy gamer and prefer to sit in my beanbag chair or in bed while I game. xd.png I suppose I could run a Microsoft OS on my Mac, but meh.

Edited by harlequinraven

Used to play, but quit last year for a number of reasons. One big reason: want more inventory space/lair space? Fork over the RL money.

Another: the insanely heavy competition for the rare dragon spawns. Some jerks even go as far as to kill them to 'keep them rare', or just to hear people scream.

There's other reasons, but I don't trust my memory now. I can see they are trying to improve things with the egg thing, but I bet ya they are hard to find due to bots and greedy guilds.

Huh, this sounds really interesting. I may just try this! (on my laptop, my desktop sucks xd.png)

Used to play, but quit last year for a number of reasons. One big reason: want more inventory space/lair space? Fork over the RL money.

Another: the insanely heavy competition for the rare dragon spawns. Some jerks even go as far as to kill them to 'keep them rare', or just to hear people scream.

There's other reasons, but I don't trust my memory now. I can see they are trying to improve things with the egg thing, but I bet ya they are hard to find due to bots and greedy guilds.

If you properly manage your inventory space, and level up to level 20, which gives 2 extra rows for free, inventory space isn't a problem. Don't hang onto everything you find, because not all of it is useful. Even with crafting, which requires an INSANE amount of inventory space, I have enough to keep on going.

With lair space, don't keep every dragon you capture. There's a release function. I could explain more if you want.

It also keeps compendium progress, so don't worry about releasing a dragon that has bad skills.

I haven't seen any of point #2 happening, it's possible it happens in zone chat, but so far it hasn't been happening. Nothing in world chat, nothing in guild chat among max level players, nothing.

I see none of point #3 happening either. The eggs are scattered around. It isn't guaranteed you'll find one right away. You have to keep on searching, otherwise you won't find them.

A simple strategy that I use while egg hunting, is to scan the entire area, not just by roads... doing that, you'll find at least 3 eggs, maybe an orange quality and get the egg from gathering it if you're lucky.

Another thing about lair space, it can be earned with Dragon Insignias, by doing daily quests. I'm not too sure about inventory space, as I haven't had a need for it, at least, not yet.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to make a point.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

This game looks pretty damn sweet.

I'll download it when I get home. laugh.gif

Another:  the insanely heavy competition for the rare dragon spawns.  Some jerks even go as far as to kill them to 'keep them rare', or just to hear people scream.

This made my day. are you really surprised slaskia?

Every MMO has it's rotten apples. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

I downloaded the game last year but I just couldn't get my head around some of the functions and stuff.

I totally love the idea of the game but for me who has limited internet access can get a bit of a problem. Especially if you are one of those people who understands nothing and always need to ask for help.

My info on DP:

Server: Kronos

Name: Frostonmyfangs

Class: Guardian

I might log in later today if anyone wants to have a chat over there. happy.gif

i think I am on the other server. and I am a guardian and my gender is (lol) a girl, the female model is.... well..... see for yourself

..... yes..... I am a pervy young boy xd.png.... I think I gave away the model xd.png

If you properly manage your inventory space, and level up to level 20, which gives 2 extra rows for free, inventory space isn't a problem. Don't hang onto everything you find, because not all of it is useful. Even with crafting, which requires an INSANE amount of inventory space, I have enough to keep on going.

With lair space, don't keep every dragon you capture. There's a release function. I could explain more if you want.

It also keeps compendium progress, so don't worry about releasing a dragon that has bad skills.

I played shortly after SOE LIVE 2013 (when I first heard of the game), until shortly before Porthis was released and had a max level Guardian at the time (and a couple other characters that weren't) when I threw in the towel (just so you know I wasn't someone that just tried it for a week). Like I said, the reasons I gave were not all the reasons I quit.

I tend to be a collector and in this case, I liked to collect dragons. Obviously I had to limit on which dragons to catch. The ability to by space with DI helped, but it took time to build it up since you could only 'earn' 110DI per day (100 from normal dailies, 10 from the mining quest if you took the risk on getting ganked in the PvP area): that was the rate when I last played anyway. After a while, you just get sick of the daily grind (I don't remember if the road quests gave DI as well, been too long). I was sick in general of the bad RNG I was getting.

I haven't seen any of point #2 happening, it's possible it happens in zone chat, but so far it hasn't been happening. Nothing in world chat, nothing in guild chat among max level players, nothing.

I 'personally' haven't seen it, but I've read about it in both chat and on the official boards. Hell, one player even made videos of himself killing these dragons for kicks and posted them on the boards. It happened when I was playing, does still happen? I wouldn't be surprised.

I see none of point #3 happening either. The eggs are scattered around. It isn't guaranteed you'll find one right away. You have to keep on searching, otherwise you won't find them.

I was basing that on previous experience/knowledge on rare dragon spawns and a different kind of egg: the ones you needed to summon Indigo Stone in Olandra. Only ever found one of the eggs and you needed 10. Again, RNG thing and bad luck in general, no doubt, but you get tired of it taunting you after a while.

That said, things did start to get better while I was still playing...slowly. Ended up being too slow for me to continuing bothering. The issues they were trying to negate were not making up for the other problems I had with the game.

Sorry I rambled a bit there. All I will say in closing is that I hope your experience(s) with the game will (continue) to be better than mine was.

@Brotato

No, not really. That's kind of sad if you think about it.

Edited by Slaskia

i think I am on the other server. and I am a guardian and my gender is (lol) a girl, the female model is.... well..... see for yourself

..... yes..... I am a pervy young boy xd.png.... I think I gave away the model xd.png

xd.png

Well let's say I'm not entirely clean either, haha. Playing on a male char, so yeah LOL.

Got him in Corsair clothing and the Soul Scream two-handed sword skin. Yup. Haha

Also Lord of the Abyss dragon.

Well if you ever get on Kronos server, lemme know in PM when you can log in and I will too~