shadow_claw

Legacy

The mage stared at the table where the sky-fallen had been then sighed and set the bowl down on top of it. He was too skittish for the healing to continue. But, perhaps if he set up a psychic link first, the Spira could convince him to sit still. Open injures of any kind were a bad thing around these parts. "There might be a bit of feedback but would you prefer if I set up the link now?" he asked, stepping away from the table. "I don't have to touch him for that and it would probably make it easier to communicate with him."

Beneath the table, Viziel arched his back up high as a hand extended towards him. Uncomfortable, he shifted away from it, not really caring who it belonged to and only the fact it was drawing closer to him. A deep, low growl reverberated in his throat as he shifted away from the hand, his claws sinking deeper into the wood. The glowing of his eyes was almost blinding now and his black eyes looked more like two white disks than anything else. Should he bolt now? He had no idea where to go but he wasn't feeling even slightly safe here.

Instantly did Suulis snap the hand back to his chest, his feathers ruffling in a mix of fear and concern. Viziel hardly seemed like a person anymore. He was acting more like an animal. Like some kind of savage beast. If you could, please. I'm sorry there's so much trouble involved with this. He's scared, as if he doesn't know what magic is... Although he vocally defended Viziel, he wasn't quite sure if he believed himself. How could someone not know what magic was? Clearly, Viziel didn't. It just sounded ridiculous! I honestly thought he would be a little more...civil than this. I don't know what he's capable of. I've only just met him.

"It's quite alright," The mage replied with a smile. Though, the Spira did bring up an interesting point. The sky-fallen had acted like the magic was a foreign thing to him. It seemed impossible, even considering the fact he had come from the sky. Little was known about other sky-fallen but they had all at least known about magic. This one was clearly unusual. "We'll be able to find out soon enough why he's acting like this." With that, the mage raised his hands and began to speak. The words flowed from his mouth and his hands began to glow faintly. But unlike when he had to fix the broken bone, no pain came with the psychic link. Instead, the glow just faded away from his hands.

Are they trying to attack me? They just seem to be standing around the table. That one was holding a weapon though, I am sure of it! Maybe it would be best if ran now. This place seems to have very primitive doors and I am uncertain if I could figure out how to open it in time. The window might be the best plan. I'm pretty sure I can break it. But what if I cannot? Should I just climb somewhere high up instead? Viziel settled back down on the ground slightly, his back no longer arching upwards now that the hand had retreated. He couldn't very well just stay under the table. At some point, he was going to have to leave. And he was hungry and thirsty as well. This planet seemed nothing like his own. Would the water be safe for him to drink? What could he eat here that wouldn't poison him? He knew nothing about this place and he was scared.

I just want to go home.

It was a buzz in the back of his head, a sudden click that made utter gibberish sound clear as day. Suulis blinked a few times as he adjusted to the change in his thoughts. It wasn't just his thoughts anymore. He could hear Viziel's thoughts too. Did it work? I mean, is his leg not broken anymore? We keep trying to help him but he refuses to let the shopkeep use the salve...can I even keep him from running? It didn't matter if there was a link or not, he couldn't stop himself from thinking. Viziel?

The sound of a voice-a voice he could actually understand-suddenly filled his thoughts. Immediately, the alien sat straight upright, bashing his head on the underside of the table. Immediately, he dropped back down to the ground, cradling his head in his hands. "Hello?" he called out, unsure of where the voice had come from but curious despite the new throbbing sensation in his head. Is someone from my home here? How? What are they doing here? It doesn't sound like anyone I know. How did they get here? How do they know me? Rubbing his head in a hand, he lifted the tablecloth up slightly and poked his head out from underneath the table. Suulis was there... as was the stranger. But he didn't see anyone else. Then who was it who he had heard? Surely one of them did not know his language. Why didn't they speak up earlier?

Viziel's response was like a knife to the gut. It hurt so much to see him so hopeful. I'm sorry, but that's not the case. His eyes shone with pity as he 'spoke'. Suulis shifted his crouch to sit on the floor. Slowly, he lifted the tablecloth so he could see Viziel. I couldn't take to you...So I had a link set up so we could understand each other. My name is Suulis. I'm the one who dragged you out of the woods. In a way, he could totally understand how Viziel felt. He, too, was without his own people. I'm...sorry. For everything. But I'm trying to help. Was he going about this the right way? The link surely worked, but would Viziel cooperate? Or would he attack them?

Edited by shadow_claw

Viziel stared at Suulis as the tablecloth was moved aside. It was him? But how was he doing that? He could see that Suulis wasn't moving his mouth at all but somehow, he could still hear him and understand him. How? Even his own species had not figured out how to transfer thoughts and this planet seemed so primitive in comparison. I.... Oh. he sighed and looked away, his claws gradually retracting back into his fingers until only pinpricks were left to show they ever existed. Wait, wait! He could talk to them now! Actually understand! Where is this place? Who is that stranger and what did he do to my leg? And how did you turn into stone before? This planet seems to primitive but how are you capable of setting up a mental link between two individuals?

Hunching his shoulders in order to fit under the table, Suulis struggled to squeeze in beside Viziel. He wasn't large (as Spira are known for being pretty thin), but his height and the added space his wings took up made it difficult. Okay, one question at a time. He paused, straining to keep his wings folded enough. This is Tiadora, the land on which I was born and raised. I paid the stranger, a mage, to heal your leg. Note that you can walk on it now. He was healing your smaller wounds when you ran off. And...I don't really know. Most races of Tiadora have magical abilities of some sort. I wasn't raised by my kind...so I wouldn't know. At the last question, Suulis wrinkled in nose and flattened his ears. How don't you know what magic is? Establishing a psychic link isn't difficult for a professional. And...you think we're primitive? You're the one who doesn't know magic!

Edited by shadow_claw

Of course I know what magic is. It just doesn't actually exist. I mean, you can't just get energy from nothing. It's impossible. he tiled his head to the side with a blink then looked down at his leg. Giving his toes a wiggle, he paused then pressed a hand against it. It wasn't actually broken. Whatever that painful process was, it had fixed his leg. Looking back at Suulis, he blinked a few more times then held up his hands. I don't mean any I'll will about it but your town seemed as if it was barely out of its Stone Age. I don't imagine you know what a computer is, do you? Your technology levels don't seem to add up.

Of course magic exists! Suulis replied, incredulous at the very claims otherwise. It did exist, people had to be trained to channel it. Tiadora was well-known for being heavy in magicks, so most everyone had an ability that didn't need training to channel. At the next question, his face scrunched up. A...a what? You can tell me all about it later, for now, let's get you fixed up and then we can buy you new clothes. He decided. Now came the hard part. He got under the table, but how did he get out from under it? Edited by shadow_claw

Viziel snapped his mouth and bit down on his tongue, trying to stop himself from just flat-out disagreeing with Suulis. He was nice enough and the planet wasn't at the same stage as his own. Probably, what they thought was magic was just electricity. Besides, there were bigger concerns. Like Suulis's massive wings.You look a bit stuck. he looked up at the underside of the table then shrugged and reached into the pocket of his jumpsuit. He only had a few tools in it in case of emergencies on the ship that needed repairs. Looking them over, he frowned then slipped them back into the pants pocket of his tattered jumpsuit before planting his back against the table and pushing upwards, lifting it clear off the ground a good deal. Okay, move quick before I drop this. It's actually really heavy. he huffed as his knees locked into place and he leaned back, trying to hold the table aloft.

Edited by pudding

Viziel's comment made his face tint slightly pink. He...He wasn't stuck! He was just...Okay he was stuck. I'll get myself out, don't worry. It seemed the moment he said this did Viziel lift the table for him. Oh. Okay. Crawling on his hands and knees, Suulis scrambled out from under the table. Oh, that felt way better! He needed to get outside and stretch his wings after all that! So...Will you let the mage do what I payed him to so we can leave? He paused for a second, his ears turning a darker shade of pink. And, uh, thanks for getting me out from under the table.

Viziel strained to slowly put the table back down as Suulis managed to remove himself from underneath the table and stand up. Grunting, he finally let the table fall back down, then crawled out from under it with a sigh, dusting off the pants of his jumpsuit. Frowning, he looked down at the shirt of his jumpsuit then took it off entirely. His tail coiled casually around his waist like a belt as he looked at his chest with a frown. It seemed mostly just bruised and scratched but he'd have to worry about infections so letting them try to heal him was a good idea. Turning back to the stranger, he sighed then crawled onto the table, laying on his back. Alright, alright. He took slow breaths as the stranger walked over and began to dab some grey slime on his bruises and scratches. After a few moments, Viziel sighed and turned his head to Suulis again, watching him as the mage worked. I'm sorry about earlier as well. I wasn't really sure what you were trying to do and I was... scared.

"Alright, that should do it," The mage said before looking at Suulis. "But he's got more injuries under his pants. Do you want me to cut his pants down to shorts or just take them off entirely? I can give you a blanket for him to wear until you get him some proper clothes." Viziel turned and blinked up at the mage then turned to look at Suulis questioningly, waiting for him to translate.

No, I understand. That's what I had been hoping. After all, it would be embarrassing if he had just brought in a wild animal that had appeared to be sentient before. He paused for a moment, turning his head toward the door. His ears twitched for a few moments, his entire body going rigid. A few seconds like this, and he relaxed. False alarm. His own guilt had him paranoid. Once the mage spoke again, he turned his head. Oh, uh, I'll ask him. His gaze flickered to Viziel, who seemed content now that he understood what was going on. He wants to know if he should cut your suit into shorts, or just take it off entirely. Many had a thing against nudity, so Suulis wouldn't be surprised if Viziel preferred not to have his clothes stripped from him. Edited by shadow_claw

Viziel blinked a few times then looked down at his pants. The black jumpsuit was torn in many places and covered in shattered glass and metal fragments. He could see his own blood seeping through some parts of it-bright blue against the black material. Frowning, Viziel pulled at the leg of his pants then looked up at Suulis, clear embarrassment etched on his features. Could... he just cut them down? I'd prefer to be a little covered. Additionally, this planet is rather cold overall. He had sat upright at this point but turned his focus away from both of them, instead preferring to stare at his hand at this point.

Yeah. I can do that. Suulis looked up at the mage and shook his head. He'd rather you cut them into shorts. Frowning, he headed towards the door. I'll be right back, I'm gonna buy some clothes for him. He turned the knob on the door and walked out. I'm going to get you something not covered in glass. I'll be right back. Once outside, he stretched his wings out as far as he could. Oh, that felt good. Being crammed under that table really did a number on him. Now, where did the mage say the clothing store was?

((LET'S HAVE SOMETHING GO WRONG.))

((YO SOMEONE SHOULD GET KIDNAPPED

Or the mage could be a dick))

The mage smiled and waved as Suulis left before turning to the mans. Slipping his scissors into a hole, he snipped carefully away at the cloth until he had managed to cut all the way around one of the legs. Carefully, he slipped the cloth off of Viziel's leg, then repeated the process on the other leg. In the end, the alien was left with a small pair of shorts while his legs were exposed and his injuries could be more easily managed. "Don't freak out on me, now," The mage muttered as he began to place the grey liquid over the scratches running up and down Viziel's leg.

((WHAT IF BOTH OF THEM GET KIDNAPPED))

Clothing place...clothing place... Aha! Suulis grinned once he found the proper place, and darted to the door. Then all they'd need is rent a room in an inn for the night. The Spira pounded his knuckles against the wooden door, peering in through the window every once in a while. Hello? I'm sorry it's late, but my friend needs clothes! Oh! Feathers! He needed to pay! Hurriedly did he pluck some of the smaller, shinier feathers from his smaller pair of wings. He would need to preen later, the day's activities had really messed up the tidiness in his wings. I can pay what you need, he just needs clothes!

((Poor Viziel. He's going to be so confused))

It didn't take very long after Suulis left for someone else to enter the shop. The bells above the door jingled a few times as it was opened, but the mage didn't really bother to look up at the noise. "Ah, good," He said, dabbing the grey liquid onto Viziel's wounds. "Don't worry about him, he can't understand us. We can talk freely."

"He doesn't look very much like other sky-fallen, though," One of the cloaked men muttered. Without Suulis to translate for him now, Viziel looked between the three figures in the room, obviously confused as he failed to understand any of what they were saying. The two men that had entered had their faces covered entirely by long, dark hoods that flowed down into cloaks but the healer didn't seem worried by their presence. They were probably friends, then.

"Well, he's not native to Tiadoria," the mage replied lightly. "I'd hurry before the Spira comes back. It will be more trouble if you have to deal with both of them at the same time."

The two hooded men nodded to each other and, quite suddenly, one of them strode forward and forced Viziel rather harshly back onto the table, shoving a piece of cloth into his mouth at the same time to prevent him from making noise. The second hooded man grabbed ahold of Viziel's arms, forcing them down at his sides as the first one reached into his pocket and pulled out a wet piece of cloth, which he promptly forced over the alien's nose. Viziel's squirming beneath the strength of the two men gradually faded before vanishing entirely as his eyes closed and his body went completely limp. "Quickly, now," The second hooded figure snapped as all three men began tying the alien's legs and arms together so he wouldn't be able to attack them once he woke up. As soon as that was taken care off, the mage quickly slipped on a black cloak of his own and pulled the hood up over his eyes. The largest of the men quickly wrapped Viziel up in another black cloak before tossing the alien over his shoulder and walking out the door.

An armful of clothes traded for a fistful of feathers. It was fair to him. Two shirts, two pairs of pants, and two cloaks. Suulis was pleased. He exited the shop with a warm 'thank you' still on his lips. As he neared the shop, he grinned. Viziel would be happy to have something warm to wear. He said it was cold earlier, and he was right. He stopped as several feet from the door as unfamiliar voices registered in his large years. Then, the sound of some sort struggle. Viziel! He took a step forward, but froze. Footsteps? By the time he spun around to face the fourth cloaked man (the one waiting on Suulis to leave the store), he realized what had happened. A cult. No, bounty hunters? A small squeak escaped the Spira when the unknown figure darted forward and grabbed his neck. Instantly was he flailing about, bare feet digging into the ground and wings flapping wildly. Damn, he should've preened earlier! These messy feathers weren't catching any air!

((I have this headcannon where Suulis is a super annoying person to share a bed with. Like, he flails around a lot and his wings take up a ton of space. Also, loud snoring. Really loud snoring.))

((Viziel would be really clingy. Like, you'd start out five feet away from him and by the middle of the night, he'd have his arms and legs wrapped around your chest and his tail either on your face (And in your mouth) or coiled around your leg.))

The hooded man holding Viziel turned back towards the door as the Spira returned and was quickly grabbed by the fourth member. "Help him!" He quickly barked and the other two ran forward to help grab Suulis and restrain him as well. The sky-fallen would probably not stir for sometime but it was unknown how long he would remain under the effects of the liquid. It was supposed to last hours but this was an unknown species. The longer it remained unconscious, the better. The same went for the Spira, as soon as he was restrained.

((awww that's so cute))

Six sets of hands for eight appendages. That meant two were freed. Granted, his smaller set of wings were the ones left open, and they couldn't reach very far. They were meant to be used as a stabilizer in flight, as opposed to a bird' tail-feathers. Clearly, Suulis was at a disadvantage. It took a good five minutes to wrestle him down, and even then, he refused to stay still. Once had Suulis managed to wrench a wing free, and promptly used it to smack one of his assailants. It was clear why, out of all the races on Tiadora, Spira were considered some of the most feral. When it came down to it, they were pretty strong. Let me-mmmph! What felt like a sock was shoved into his mouth, cutting off his demands instantly. Instantly was he reminded of his childhood traumas, making him stop struggling and freeze. It all crashed over him in a fell swoop, making him tremble uncontrollably. No, he didn't want it to happen again. He hated the dark, and the cold, and the cages..

((It would be cute at first but it would turn into a big problem when you can't actually remove him and his tail keeps smacking you in the face. I imagine people just don't sleep around him.))

As soon as Suulis stopped struggling, the hooded men began wrapping his arms and legs up in ropes. His wings would need to be tied back as well but it would be best to wait until he was unconscious for that. Thankfully, with the sock in his mouth, there was little he could do to stop himself from inhaling the liquid that had been soaked into the cloth that had knocked Viziel out rather easily. The same cloth was pressed up against Suulis's nose by one of the hooded men as the others remained on top of him, just to make sure he didn't suddenly try to attack again.

((Unless Suulis escapes, do you want to just time skip to when they wake up?))

((sure, a timeskip works for me.))

He was terrified. What started off as a run for clothes quickly became a struggle for his life. His own fear paralyzed him as memories forced their way forward. A soft whine escaped him as a rag was pushed to his nose. His consciousness quickly began to fade, the liquid in the rag lulling him into a fitful sleep. A whimper, and Suulis fell still.

Unconsciousness allowed his mind to wreak havoc. Ages-old screams rang in his head. There was a flash of fire, and a baying hound. Pleas in a strange, foreign language came from a woman, her outstretched hand unable to reach her child. Tears brimmed over in her metallic-colored eyes. He had tried so hard to forget, but here it all was again. He had been lied to his whole life. He thought he had been loved. He had been wrong.

When he awoke, it was with a gasp for air. His mouth felt horribly dry and nearby and it took a great deal of effort just to open his eyes and see. When he did, a harsh light greeted his eyes and he winced, trying to curl back into himself. But instead of being able to, he found neither his hands nor feet would move. Blinking, he tried to move them again before looking down at his hands and feet. His black eyes widened in surprise to find them tied together with mittens made of cloth covering his hands and feet. Flinching backwards, he looked around, his eyes glowing bright in the dark. Hadn't it been day not that long ego? What was going on? Where was Suulis?

"Spira!" he called out, his eyes darting around. He was laying on the ground, several feet away from a small fire. There were two cloaked men sitting around it but only their backs were visible.

"The sky-fallen is awake," A voice said and Viziel quickly turned his head towards the sound, though he didn't understand it. Behind him, there was another man, also wearing a cloak. He couldn't... quite remember what had happened. Everything seemed really foggy and his stomach hurt. He tried to call out to Suulis again but his words were cut off as he began to cough.