helix9

Cave of Courtship

Wow, it looks epic with lava! ohmy.gif

Haha thanks but I'm having trouble with decorating because I'm a super theme-oriented person and I want everything to look like it belongs with lava :/ if I had water I could use the fish... Oh well! I have a lizard!

I've thought of a trick everybody :3 If you like the way your cave looks but you need to add something to attract a certain dragon and don't want to mess up the way the cave looks, just add a bunch of one item and stack them. It looks like one but is really many biggrin.gif

Edited by DovahInAhrkZoriik

Just to confirm, no one's attracted a different dragon than the one they attracted initially, right?

I've heard of people's attracted dragon changing, actually, although it hasn't happened for me.

Haha thanks but I'm having trouble with decorating because I'm a super theme-oriented person and I want everything to look like it belongs with lava :/ if I had water I could use the fish... Oh well! I have a lizard!

---

There are red gems and crystals, you could use those.

I am attrackted to magic and sparklies myself. Guess that would make me a Golden Wyvern if I was a dragon.

I'm using a red dragon, and I think that I've discovered that dragons have tertiary wants. I attracted an undine dragon, and I first placed a random assortment of items, most importantly being 10 magic items and several meats. The note said that it was attracted by the mana, but Then the undine came, and I started experimenting to see what exactly it wanted. At one point, it said that I had enough mana, but I needed more meat. I put it in, and it reverted back to the prompt saying that I needed more shinies.

Man, the dragons must be so confused by us. Our dragons just sitting there watching us bolt around the place like hyperactive rabbits, running back and forth from the dragons that come by asking what we need laugh.gif

A frostbite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

I chose a Storm Dragon. I changed something earlier and attracted a Teimarr, but I can't remember what I did. Now I get the Frostbite even if I take away all magic items. Which is fine by me, I like Frostbites. biggrin.gif

My Purple dragon attracted a Copper so far:

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

My male is a cb alt Ridgewing, and so far I placed ten magic items in the cave. This is what I got:

"A grave dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

Using a CB Gold, never bred. Nice variety of everything, with 10/10 magic items.

A white dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

Edited by Taintedtamer

I'm using a CB guardian. (I will update this as I play around with it.)

At 10/10 magic I receive: A harvest dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

At 10/10 Magic and 5/10 and 10/10 shinies I receive the same message.

Edited by ytak

Breed in the cave: 2G Verdigris Copper from Mistletoe

Message: "A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

Magic: 7/10

Meat: 7/10

Shinies: 7/10

Sweets: 10/10

Misc.: 10/10

(Screenshot)

I don't see a way either.

By the way... Has anyone attracted a Nhiostrife so far? Or a Glaucus Drake?

I've attracted a Nhiostrife with a GON. It wants more sweets -.-

I'm using a BBW.

So far I've managed to attract a white dragon who doesn't really like anything at all.

A white dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

I think the types of objects we use might have some influence. I'm focusing heavily on blue, bluish-green objects, with some purple here and there. Lets see what happens.

I'm using a CB Blusang, and attracted a Copper. My hoard is 3/10 Magic, 3/10 Shinies, 2/10 Misc, 0 of everything else and she's asking for Meat.

Does anyone know if the individual items make a difference? EX: If all my Shinies are princesses, do I attract different mates then if I dumped a bunch of rings in a pile?

I'm using a CB Pillow and he has attracted a Pyralspite: A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.

Right now I've put out 9/10 shinies and 6/10 misc items and then just a few of everything else.

I'm using a Radiant Angel, and attracted a Nebula.

"A nebula dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana."

The items I'm using are mostly red/orange.

My Gold is attracting a Copper who likes meat and shines, but I'm maxed out on shiny stuff (10/10) and she still wants more! tongue.gif

By the way... Has anyone attracted a Nhiostrife so far? Or a Glaucus Drake?

I've attracted a Nhiostrife with a GON. It wants more sweets -.-

I have attracted and can't get rid a Nhiostrife with my Golden Wyvern, she always wants either more shinies or more sweets, even if I max out both of them.

Picky.

Edited by Hellen

Just to confirm, no one's attracted a different dragon than the one they attracted initially, right?

I have attracted two type of dragons so far. Copper initially then when I was remodeling my cave I briefly attracted a Brimstone before going back to a Copper.

Edited for spelling~

Edited by Eos

The only dragon my red has attracted has been a black who wants more mana and meat, even if I have no mana or meat displayed

Edited by Kittykaos

I'm thinking about starting a new thread to do a more rigorous analysis of what each type of dragon wants. Here is what I am guessing so far...

Note that this just a guess. I might be wrong and there are some things that we will not be able to verify until tomorrow. In particular, I don't know if the items that we put in our caves on this first day will stay until the end or if we will be able to change them.

• Every day, one dragon visits our cave. The same dragon will stay around for the whole day.
  • We cannot get a different dragon until the next day, but by changing the mix of gifts and decorations we can see how well this mix suits this breed.
  • All items in the same category (magic, meat, etc.) have the same value. The only thing that matters is the number of items in each category.
  • The items from a single day are not sufficient to please any dragon. We have to accumulate gifts over several days in order to get a perfect match.
  • We can try to please the dragon that is currently visiting us by finding the mix of items that it seems to like best, or we can go for a different mix and hope to attract a different breed.
  • At the end of the event, the type of dragon that will stay with us depends on how well we guessed what that dragon likes and in what amount.
If this is the case, then we should study a bit more carefully the reactions of our dragons and list precisely the messages that we get for different types of items offered.

I suggest reporting our attempts, using the following format. The types of items are listed in the same order as they appear in the mini-game: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.

Day: 1

My dragon: Gold (CB)

Visiting dragon: Shadow walker

Attempts: (numbers are: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.)

• 10-0-0-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-10-0-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-5-0 - Nothing
  • 0-0-0-6-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 1-0-0-6-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 2-0-0-6-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-0-6-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 7-0-0-6-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 7-0-0-7-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 8-0-0-7-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 8-0-0-8-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 9-0-0-8-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 9-0-0-9-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 10-0-0-9-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 10-0-0-10-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 2-0-0-3-0 - Nothing
  • 3-0-0-3-0 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 4-0-0-3-0 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more mana.
EDIT: If you list only one attempt and the corresponding message, please pick one in which the visiting dragon was "interested" (not just mildly) and "liked the collection".

Conclusion so far: this shadow walker seems to like sweets and magic items. There should be a bit more sweets than magic, but the ratio is close to 50%. There must be at least 6 items on display to attract the visitor.

Edited by Bugzilla

Day: 1

My dragon: Geode

Visiting dragon: Ember

Attempt: Magic 10 Meat 6 Shinies 10 Sweets 9 Misc.10

A ember dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

I am afraid I don't have the patience to do all the permutations as you did, but I hope this helps your data;

Edited by caseytalk