TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

So I've been poking around and it seems like each species of attracted dragon has a "primary" preference which they want that category to have the most or tied for most. So if they want mana, that category has to have the most in it, so if you have 9 mana and 10 shinies they will not be interested.

Then each also has a secondary for when the primary is fulfilled. The secondary they will ask for an infinite amount, providing the primary is at it's max.

So for a black dragon

"A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana."

Mana would be the primary. Provided mana is then made the most common item in the cave, the phrase would say the primary (mana) is satesfied but the secondary is why they leave. As such:

"A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

So for a black mana would be primary and meat would be secondary.

Here's a doc of info I've collected

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...dit?usp=sharing

For my dragon,

Dragon Attracted :Teimarr

Primary Want :Meat

Secondary Want : shinies

Attractors Seen : Terrae

Cave Locations : I think it is Forest?

Here

Edited by D-wing

My bred Canopy attracted a Deep Sea who wants primarily Shinies and secondarily Meat.

How have the people who managed to change attracted dragons done that? Or was that an early thing that's been removed?

My prize shimmer (accident - i think i was drunk when i chose the dragon) attracted a goldern wyvern that wants more shines.

I've split mines into three categories.

Shines,

Sweets,

And mana.

EDIT: I've changed it so i might have a chance to attract a Desipis.

Edited by Taryn123

My Royal Blue attracted a Falconiform Wyvern.

So far the only things available for me to decorate my cave with are magic items.

Edited by Cireth

My bred Canopy attracted a Deep Sea who wants primarily Shinies and secondarily Meat.

How have the people who managed to change attracted dragons done that? Or was that an early thing that's been removed?

I'd like to know that, too. It seems no matter how I change it, the only dragon that visits is the Waterhorse.

I'd love to attract something like a Desipis or another Shadow Walker. Though if the dragons DO breed, what'd happen for out-of-season event pairings, such as say Xmas dragon x Halloween Dragon?

So this may ruin my strictly monogamous pairings? Will the event force me to breed the male I chose with the random female???? :/

user posted image

Let's play a game called "how many FE:A references can I cram into one picture since I had no idea which dragon to use and I just went with Prince Chrom of Ylisse"

I doubt it. Some people stuck pygmy dragons in there, and as amusing as that would be I doubt anything tangible will come of it. tongue.gif

So this may ruin my strictly monogamous pairings? Will the event force me to breed the male I chose with the random female???? :/

Oh please no! My poor Golden Wyvern! He has a monogamus mate too.

Oh please no! My poor Golden Wyvern! He has a monogamus mate too.

That's why I'm asking about the consequences of the event - I don't want to loose two pairings...

That's why I'm asking about the consequences of the event - I don't want to loose two pairings...

Same here! Oh please no no no...

Limanya, your cave looks diffrent from mine. Mine is bluish.

user posted image

Edited by SilverQuetzal

Like I said - somebody chose a pygmy dragon and got a Bleeding Moon interested. Pretty sure nothing will come of it. Maybe text, but no eggs.

Can you choose the colour of your cave or it generates of the choosen dragon CB location?

Can you choose the colour of your cave or it generates of the choosen dragon CB location?

I do not know. :/

It seems to be based on the biome of the dragon you selected?

I also haven't had any luck in changing which dragon is attracted. I got an undine initially, and no matter what I change my items to, the undine is the only one to show up.

Same here! Oh please no no no...

Limanya, your cave looks diffrent from mine. Mine is bluish.

user posted image

I think it depends on the biome. Falconiforms are from the Volcano, and Golden Wyverns are from the Alpine, if I'm correct.

So will I loose the monogamy of two dragons by taking part in this event or not?

Besides, I feel morally disturbed to pick any dragon that already has a mate(I'd like to choose a pygmy for the sake of having an incredibly low chance to 'attract' a dragon that could breed with him, but all my pygmies are taken)... Why would he ever try to attract a random female while he already is in a relationship with the one female?

I need to know what I risk if I take part in the event...

Edited by VixenDra

I chose a golden wyvern (one without a mate [because my one other male golden wyvern has one]), and after some decorating I attracted a grave dragon?

I know the announcement said the mate herself won't appear until the last day, but it'd be cool if someone got a holiday dragon out of season.

Golden Wyverns are from the Alpine, if I'm correct.

Yes, I looked at my other GWs. They are from Alpine biome.

I think it's based on the dragon's biome it came from. The dragon I picked is a CB one who came from the Alpine, and he's in an icy cave.

Also, seeing how someone has screenied their hoard... I guess I could screenie mine.

user posted image

And that's what it looks like for now. For some reason though, the "interested onlooker" keeps being a GW xd.png

Also... Can't wait for the hatchlings and adults of this year's Valentine Dragon :3 I'm also curious as to how does the alt look like (assuming the spriter(s) got one in the first place)!

...And the sword silhouette in the OP reminds me of the Master Sword for some reason.

So will I loose the monogamy of two dragons by taking part in this event or not?

Besides, I feel morally disturbed to pick any dragon that already has a mate(I'd like to choose a pygmy for the sake of having an incredibly low chance to 'attract' a dragon that could breed with him, but all my pygmies are taken)... Why would he ever try to attract a random female while he already is in a relationship with the one female?

I need to know what I risk if I take part in the event...

Same here! I have dragons with more than one mate but THIS Dragon has just his one female. Please no other females for him...