TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I was having some fun when this happened.

user posted image

"Oh, just another Summoned Golem. Seen that, done that."

I don't even. XD

So I decided to change mine due to the fact that the bloody undine wont go away. Figured I'd go with it.

user posted image

Yeah. This is great. This event is fun~

This event's story is so sweet <3 smile.gif

I'll get to decorating my dragon's cave when I can get on my lapto since I'm not home.

When I realised it was possible, I had to do this:

user posted image

tongue.gif

(Bare cave is bare - I only just got up! xd.png)

ETA: I wonder if it's a choice I'm going to regret? He's one of my favourite NDs, though, so he's worth it! laugh.gif

DAMN I wish I had thought of that. And I wish I had the blue cave.

My thunder has only attracted an ember so far... who wanted more shinies.

meat = items in the Meat category

mana = items in the Magic category

It's odd, and I could be wrong, but I believe that the dragon that comes to visit is determined by the male dragon that you pick, not the items. Because when I picked only Shinies/Sweets/Misc. items, the same old nebula dragon came and was only mildly interested and wanted mana.

So then I added more mana, but then the nebula dragon then wanted meat. After a certain point (meat-wise), it wanted more mana. Never did it seem to want any of the other three items. So as a result, I've come to some conclusions.

1) I could be off by 1-2 items (I forgot), but I believe the minimum amount of items for the message about the dragon visiting to appear is 3 items for 2 categories (at least, the 2 categories that it wants).

1a) In my case, the 2 categories are Magic and Meat.

2) There's a certain ratio between the 2 categories of items it wants.

2a) The nebula dragon that visited me wanted mana at first, but as I got a lot more mana, it wanted meat.

2b) I noticed that the amount of meat had to be less than or equal to the amount of mana. Otherwise, the dragon would become 1) mildly interested and 2) not impressed by my "collection of mana".

2c) The moment the amount of of mana became greater than or equal to the amount of meat, the mild interest became interest, and she became impressed by my "collection of mana".

tl;dr: The nebula dragon wanted both mana and meat items from me. If there was a lot of mana and some meat (mana > meat), it'd be happy (non-mild interest and impressed by collection of mana). If they're in equal amounts, same thing. If there was more meat than mana (meat > mana), the dragon wasn't as happy (mild interest and not impressed by any collection).

Does anyone else have any similar observations? I could be completely and utterly off, so I'd like some feedback. ^^ Thank you!

user posted image

Also, in my picture, it's a king penguin leading an army of penguins to take the jewel things from the ice dragon and his more-than-capable-of-fighting children. There's a warrior penguin (bloody sword), summoner penguin (bloody, creepy doll summons), and mage penguin. LOL. The other animals are spectators.

P.S. The "blood" is there to increase the amount of mana items so it'd at least be equal to the number of meat items. tongue.gif

Edit: I believe I might be wrong. Maybe certain items in certain categories can bring in other dragons to visit? I have not yet succeeded at the moment (of this writing) in getting a non-nebula dragon to come.

Edited by xAdamster

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Just got my two eggs. They look... sweet, they remind me somewhat of strawberry candies in shiny wrappers from my childhood smile.gif Thank you, TJ, spriters and everyone involved in making this event happen!

I decorated my Ember's cave and got this message: "A shadow walker comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets." blink.gif

user posted image

Baby come back...

Exited! Currently have my two eggs. The Hoard Decorating event isn't working well on my iPad though, because I can't place things. I could do the Christmas Mana Game, placing tiles and stuff, but I can't do this. I'd be unsurprised if I don't get to a computer this week and my White Dragon attracts nothing :/ On the other hand, I probably will. Just, maybe not get much done.

I hope some of the new daily decorations contain redheaded royalty. It was extremely disappointing to see every hair color but red... ):

I wish I had known where the dragon would be placed; I'd have picked one facing the other way...

And I WISH there wasn't the typo on that page:

Dragons who are attracting a mate seek to appeal to their potential partner by decorating their hoard with princesses, meats, jewels, or others shinies.

I know - I'm picky. But - well, I AM picky xd.png

Um...what are these? O_o user posted image I assume gold, silver, and bronze...something.

Shells ?

Um...what are these? O_o user posted image I assume gold, silver, and bronze...something.

Broken Shimmerscale eggshells, I think - you can see the "sparkles" best on the gold one. smile.gif

This matchmaking event looks interesting.

And I had no trouble getting two of the new eggs, so Valetine's day isn't so bad so far xd.png

Does anyone have screenshots of the yet undecorated jungle & forest caves? Thanks smile.gif

user posted image

or you need the background only?

For those who want a Copper dragon, try filling your cave with mostly meat and magic items. I filled my cave with mana items only, and this message appeared:

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

Also, is it possible to attract an Avatar or a GoN?

Edited by Kittyauds14

Broken Shimmerscale eggshells, I think - you can see the "sparkles" best on the gold one. smile.gif

I thought they were some sort of helmet, well I guess that's too more free spots for decorating then

I think they are Shimmer-scale egg shells, maybe.

All my GWyvern can attract is a black dragon who wants more meat D: And my sister's Undine has caught the eyes of a Shadow Walker.

Happy Valentine's day! laugh.gif Finally got one of each of all the past valentine dragons and my two new ones. Now to dress up my dragon's hoard to get him a companion :3 wub.gif

Does anyone know what mostly magic and shiny items attract?

So I've been poking around and it seems like each species of attracted dragon has a "primary" preference which they want that category to have the most or tied for most. So if they want mana, that category has to have the most in it, so if you have 9 mana and 10 shinies they will not be interested.

Then each also has a secondary for when the primary is fulfilled. The secondary they will ask for an infinite amount, providing the primary is at it's max.

So for a black dragon

"A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana."

Mana would be the primary. Provided mana is then made the most common item in the cave, the phrase would say the primary (mana) is satesfied but the secondary is why they leave. As such:

"A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

So for a black mana would be primary and meat would be secondary.

Here's a doc of info I've collected

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...dit?usp=sharing

Omg mo7. Thank you so much for that document. I completely agree with that. I made a similar observation, so thanks for confirming! ^^ My post is on page 32 in case you're interested (I gave some numbers as well). But it seems we have the same thought!

Great minds think alike. wink.gif

Edit: My ice dragon attracted the nebula dragon. And from your doc, thunder dragons attract nebula dragons too. Coincidence?

Edit 2: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8649065 Link to my post. Hope it helps! smile.gif

Edited by xAdamster

Just in case any of you might want a Waterhorse mate they seem to want shinies first, then sweets, and not be interested in much else.