TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I want to post a pic of my cave, but I can't right click on dragoncave for some reason and have no idea how to get the image. Can anyone help? I tried disabling adblock but it did nothing.

CTRL + F5 will make the mate appear in the cave.

It worked... its a Blue Nebula... 3/4 Variants get.

I like o forget about Hard Refresh as well...

I want to post a pic of my cave, but I can't right click on dragoncave for some reason and have no idea how to get the image. Can anyone help? I tried disabling adblock but it did nothing.

you have to screenshot to get it

So, are our happy dragon couple gonna make babies...???? Would be cool to get an egg from the event. ;D

It would be cool.

I'd raise that little eggie with love, for sure. :3

I don't think they'll produce an egg automatically; I think you have to breed them the regular way. My scroll was unlocked yesterday, but I had to breed Rudy and Genna myself.

user posted image

Lord Azazel couldn't help it - he was nervous. He was feeling absolutely not lordly right now. His master/dragonmother Lumikkja had already informed him that he had attracted a mate, and it was about time. Since then, Lumi had left him to his own devices, and Azazel had spent a few hours re-organizing his cave in preparation for the arrival of his mate. He wondered who it was going to be - Lumikkja said she was one of the other dragons that belonged to their clan, so there was a good chance Azazel knew the dragon.

He anxiously fiddled with his sword belt and pushed the trophy ring into the middle of the cave. Nearby, the army of staff-weilding penguins watched silently. Why exactly were they still hanging around…? They just creeped the Magma out, and he'd tried setting them on fire. Didn't work.

The sound of heavy wingbeat reached Azazel's ears, and he perked his head up to look for his mate-to-be. To his great surprise, one of Lumikkja's Desipis dragons soared down into the cave, landing solidly in front of Azazel. He fought back a nervous squeak. She's… she's bigger than me. He desperately hoped she liked the cave. And him. Why else would she be there? He didn't know. He was starting to panic. He knew he'd met her before, but he couldn't even remember her name…

She spoke up first, tilting her head to the side and picking up a rose that Azazel had mistakenly left on the floor. "Azazel…" she rumbled, glancing to the left, "You have a penguin infestation."

Azazel shrugged nervously. "Y-yeah… I can't get rid of them."

The Desipis puffed at the penguins, and one of them squawked. It almost looked like the bird tried to cast a spell, but the staff fizzled. "Cute," she muttered, "and tasty." The penguin froze right then and there. Azazel grimaced. Why did this feel like it wasn't going well?

"You know, Azazel…"

He froze, claws digging into the cooled lava beneath him. The Desipis scanned her eyes over the cave, and she seemed particularly interested in the curtain of grapes and the trove of treasure Azazel had stockpiled behind it. "I didn't know you were such a good decorator."

The skittish Magma actually started to relax. "You like it?"

She nodded. "Yes, I do." Azazel gulped. He was so tempted to ask… did she like him? And for the record, what was her name?

"You know, you, uh, probably don't remember me," the Desipis murmured, almost sounding shy as she did so. Azazel listened closely, his whole body perked up in barely contained curiosity and eagerness. "My name's Threnody Tarot."

Threnody… now Azazel remembered! Yes, most of Lumikkja's Desipis dragons were aggressive and very intimidating, but Threnody (and the male named Geist, but that was beside the point) was quieter, gentler, maybe even a little shy. Azazel always thought she was cute, but he'd never summoned the nerve to approach her, little alone confess his feelings. He never would've imagined that she liked him back.

"Umm…" Azazel stumbled over his words, trying to find the right thing to say. Obviously Threnody had noticed his substantial horde, and she was clearly impressed by it. "So… you want some pheasant?" he finally asked, gesturing towards the pheasant that he'd laid out along with some grapes and cherries.

Threnody shrank inwards, almost as if she was - what was that thing humans did from time to time? - blushing, yes that was it. She let out a puff of fire and smiled at Azazel. "Yes, I'd like that. Thank you."

Neither dragons said much more after that, but that was alright. They still had plenty of time to get to know each other properly. Still, both of the dragons could feel it, prying at the back of their hearts and minds.

Lord Azazel and Threnody Tarot were a perfect match.

Riz seemed to get very upset when I added too much stuff, so his den is sparse, but this little lady seems to think less is more. She especially likes the pile of confection Riz had waiting for her. And of course the magic crystals, she adores those.

user posted image

user posted image

Last iteration. A few changes here and there. Still blue, but more varied. It seems they are bonding over marbles, or whatever they are doing with the blue pearly things. smile.gif

Thanks for a fun event, and all the hard work, TJ and spriters! My heartstealers have grown up, and now are looking for mates of their own.

My lovely heartseeker attracted a deep sea:

user posted image

There's so much clutter everywhere. But there's the nice red heart ringed by rainbow gems and topped with a flower. Scarlet looks particularly dashing with his crown and sword, and it seems the deep sea likes it a lot (just look at her sexah pose!)

Edited by C88

I feel like a derp for choosing an Ochredrake for this event, but I guess I can make jokes about dragons with Platonic relationships now. xd.png .

user posted image

user posted image

Lord Azazel couldn't help it - he was nervous. He was feeling absolutely not lordly right now. His master/dragonmother Lumikkja had already informed him that he had attracted a mate, and it was about time. Since then, Lumi had left him to his own devices, and Azazel had spent a few hours re-organizing his cave in preparation for the arrival of his mate. He wondered who it was going to be - Lumikkja said she was one of the other dragons that belonged to their clan, so there was a good chance Azazel knew the dragon.

He anxiously fiddled with his sword belt and pushed the trophy ring into the middle of the cave. Nearby, the army of staff-weilding penguins watched silently. Why exactly were they still hanging around…? They just creeped the Magma out, and he'd tried setting them on fire. Didn't work.

The sound of heavy wingbeat reached Azazel's ears, and he perked his head up to look for his mate-to-be. To his great surprise, one of Lumikkja's Desipis dragons soared down into the cave, landing solidly in front of Azazel. He fought back a nervous squeak. She's… she's bigger than me. He desperately hoped she liked the cave. And him. Why else would she be there? He didn't know. He was starting to panic. He knew he'd met her before, but he couldn't even remember her name…

She spoke up first, tilting her head to the side and picking up a rose that Azazel had mistakenly left on the floor. "Azazel…" she rumbled, glancing to the left, "You have a penguin infestation."

Azazel shrugged nervously. "Y-yeah… I can't get rid of them."

The Desipis puffed at the penguins, and one of them squawked. It almost looked like the bird tried to cast a spell, but the staff fizzled. "Cute," she muttered, "and tasty." The penguin froze right then and there. Azazel grimaced. Why did this feel like it wasn't going well?

"You know, Azazel…"

He froze, claws digging into the cooled lava beneath him. The Desipis scanned her eyes over the cave, and she seemed particularly interested in the curtain of grapes and the trove of treasure Azazel had stockpiled behind it. "I didn't know you were such a good decorator."

The skittish Magma actually started to relax. "You like it?"

She nodded. "Yes, I do." Azazel gulped. He was so tempted to ask… did she like him? And for the record, what was her name?

"You know, you, uh, probably don't remember me," the Desipis murmured, almost sounding shy as she did so. Azazel listened closely, his whole body perked up in barely contained curiosity and eagerness. "My name's Threnody Tarot."

Threnody… now Azazel remembered! Yes, most of Lumikkja's Desipis dragons were aggressive and very intimidating, but Threnody (and the male named Geist, but that was beside the point) was quieter, gentler, maybe even a little shy. Azazel always thought she was cute, but he'd never summoned the nerve to approach her, little alone confess his feelings. He never would've imagined that she liked him back.

"Umm…" Azazel stumbled over his words, trying to find the right thing to say. Obviously Threnody had noticed his substantial horde, and she was clearly impressed by it. "So… you want some pheasant?" he finally asked, gesturing towards the pheasant that he'd laid out along with some grapes and cherries.

Threnody shrank inwards, almost as if she was - what was that thing humans did from time to time? - blushing, yes that was it. She let out a puff of fire and smiled at Azazel. "Yes, I'd like that. Thank you."

Neither dragons said much more after that, but that was alright. They still had plenty of time to get to know each other properly. Still, both of the dragons could feel it, prying at the back of their hearts and minds.

Lord Azazel and Threnody Tarot were a perfect match.

D'awwww, that was adorable. wub.gif I would hug them but I think I will get burned.

(lmao at the penguins.)

user posted image

I'm quite happy with my end result, though a little surprised as I had no regular pinks visit during the other days (had a bright pink the second day before we had images).

I borrowed the walking potato idea and... erm, embellished it a bit. xd.png

Thank you, TJ and all the spriters who made this possible! I enjoyed the cave decorating, and I'm really glad we got our final mate in time to include her in the last day's decorating plans.

Please may we have the badge be clickable after this the way our fort, tree, and wreath ones are so we can peek in on everyone else's caves? *leaves brownies*

At least they are looking googley-eyed at one another!!! (like star struck lovers) At one brief point I had him playing a flute to entice a female. Must have worked as there she is in all her glory. biggrin.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

Well, his cave is kind of terrible compared to a lot of what's posted, but at least Mayan attracted an appropriately...fiery mate. She looks a touch more interested in the pile of steaks than in him, though. xd.png

user posted image

Edited by LascielsShadow

In retrospect - I realized that a Guardian probably wouldn't be as aggressive as my original cave and story told...so I've rewritten it:

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, sweets, and other treats as a 'Welcome Home' present to his mate Devokan Renyaloth, a White dragon - he finally had the display perfect. It took him longer than expected, as he kept needing to move things around to "scare off" other Females who were interested in him and his impressive decorating skills.

However, just hours before Devokan was due back from her trip to the Desert, poor Gihtsahth attracted an admirer who didn't seem to understand that he's off the market; a Gold-horned Tangar!

Fortunately, Gihtsahth planned ahead for a case like this and rigged up a drop-fall trap. Unfortunately, the only thing he had to fill it with was assorted plush toys. He's not sure how Devokan will react to a giant pile of plushies that occasionally moves as the Tangar tries to find her way out, laughing the whole time at how much fun it is - but at least it will make a great story to tell the rest of the clan.

user posted image

~*~

Now that I've found a way to enjoy the dragon who ended up staying, I'm actually okay with this event. I do wish we had more information about it (as I would have picked a different dragon) but it was still fun.

All in all, I had fun with this event, and - while definitely low on my list of favorite Holiday Dragons, the Heartstealing Dragons are very unique and interesting. Many thanks to the Event Spriters, Aangs-sister, and TJ09 for another fun Holiday event!

Okie, I fixed up my cave so that it doesn't look so messy

Before:

user posted image

After:

user posted image

Thanks so much to TJ and the spriters that made this event possible! Next time, we need to get more information about the event.

I didn't really like this event.

I got a Bleeding Moon. Aka not really what I wanted, but oh well. Thanks anyway TJ! Love the new dragons.

Here are all the pros and cons that I saw with this year's event.

Valentine's Day Dragon:

-pro: three days of egg drops in cave.

-con: glitch at the beginning of the drop that allowed people to briefly have more than two eggs on their scroll.

-con: lack of communication regarding and the handling of avatars. I don't really blame this on aangs-sister, but I really think that the breeding outcome regarding avatars should have been decided and handled long before heartstealers reached adulthood.

Event:

-pro: the spriting/artwork.

-pro: development of lore.

-pro: involvement of our own dragons in the event.

-con: lack of clear instruction as to how to navigate through the item types.

-con: no way of knowing that a dragon's biome affected the look of his cave.

-con: lack of communication regarding when final mate was to appear.

-con: supposed "randomness" of final mate selection.

Edited by Jazeki

It's so hot in here that the waterhorse doesn't even show up. smile.gif

I swear it's not the food or crystals but the squid that attracted her, still.

user posted image

So what happens with these new mates? Do they appear on my scroll? (I can't see a new one there, but my scroll is quite large.) Or does the existing one just come up with a new egg at some point? Or what?

So what happens with these new mates?  Do they appear on my scroll?  (I can't see a new one there, but my scroll is quite large.)  Or does the existing one just come up with a new egg at some point?  Or what?

No one knows - my guess is that we'll just have the static image of the other Dragon in the cave with our dragon.

Getting an egg from the pair is unlikely considering that some chose unbreedables (like Vampires) or dragons that can only breed within their kind (Pygmies, Two-headed, etc) - and as far as I can tell, all mates are regular dragon/wyvern breeds. Plus, those who got Holiday sprites (Shadow walker, Desipis, etc) would probably get the egg of the male dragon, or no egg if both are Holiday.

If they did get eggs - this would also lead to a ton of lineages that players would want and be mad that htey can't continue.

As for getting the adult dragon - that's a bit better (as there's no obligation to breed them as some of us picked dragons with life-time mates). Though the Holiday ones would cause problems as it would be Holiday Dragons born out of season [ex. Like the Raffle HM Holiday dragons that some players choose]

Edited by ShorahNagi