TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Just scrolled through the thread and I saw so many great looking caves! You all had so many fantastic ideas and invented very funny and highly creative combinations - I love that!

Also, thanks to everyone who worked on this, it was great and I had lots of fun!

Man people are getting so salty over this. tongue.gif I had no cares what my gold ended up attracting. I just decorated his cave like he was a diva xd.png Ended up with a shadowwalker. Kinda sad it wasn't a brimstone actually. I would have laughed if he got a girl more macho then him.

Then again I hate no dragon released in cave. They all are cool in their own way so I guess that makes me biased. tongue.gif

Happened to me. (The more macho bit, I mean. tongue.gif )

I had to breed them for the occasion.

I think it was a fun event.

That said, if I had known that the final mate would be completely random, I would have taken a different approach to decorating my cave and just gone with the way I wanted it to look, rather than figuring out where to hide more meat!

Since the mate is set now, I have slowly been removing items from my cave, and then hopefully I will have time to decorate it the way I want it to look before it ends tonight. (I really wish there was a "RESET" button!)

Wow, I am impressed with the diversity of cave-arrangements. From absolutely adorable to really really funny!

My Glaucus drake has finally found a girl smile.gif at least the description sounds as if she's going to stay:

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Spi Cendor has attracted an admirer: a canopy dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

I didn't even find her at first, as she is so close in colour to the rainbow coloured bird (it first has been on top, now it is next to her) rolleyes.gif

user posted image

I am curious how and when they will produce offspring cool.gif

Thanks for the event; it's been a lot of fun for me.

user posted image

poptartFINALTINY.gif PARTY TIME poptartFINALTINY.gif

Many thanks to all the spriters!

Fantastic.

Took me a moment to find the Canopy mate. Pretty combo. Everything looks strangely magically delicious.

I hope everyone got mates and managed to fix their cave so the new female showed up if she was in hiding.

Oooo la la It seems that a falconiform draggie wants to share her affections with my Golden Embers!!!! Go to it you two. biggrin.gif

Thuban: that Carrot-Cake story was fabulous - I'm so glad that I got to read it!

Thanks so much for reposting it where I could see and enjoy it!

And thanks, Naruhina_94! Enjoyed your story as well!

Watari - I'm so glad I wasn't sipping coffee when I saw your supervisor... (Looks like he might be after your potatoes, though.)

Hi, skauble! Good to see you! And your amazing Val Cave - love the lady at the end of the shiny carpet past the clever drapery - is she performing the ceremony?

Shajana - so glad your beautiful story worked out in virtual life!

(Too many wonderful caves to congratulate everyone on...)

But pinkgothic actually made a gory murder scene funny?

And Laura-Borealis!!!!! Your critters! OMG!!!!!

I've noticed that my item distribution chart levels remained at a very low fraction of what was actually used of items (maxed on Shinies and now Meat as well, but these showing at about a 6th? of capacity) and bear no relation to what sized levels *within the potential space* I'd had or now have of items, and do not appear? (hard to tell) to have changed or at any rate to have changed *much* with the significant alterations made in my Val Cave following the arrival of our dragon's permanent mates.

Could this, (assuming the item distribution chart levels to have been the info used,) have been affecting calculations of which dragon groups are ultimately attracted, resulting in unexpected dragons from groups having requirements different than those various members may have been attempting to satisfy?

Because if the items registered as being at a very low level for ultimate mate selections, with the previous 'visitor' appearances being randomized, I would suspect that the influence of these various levels might be reduced regarding the dragon groups/requirements from/regarding which mates were selected???

(Not asking for a mate change on my behalf, btw, lol, really wouldn't want to bother having to redo things again.)

My graceful, gentle flower-arranging Ochredrake got a mean, manipulative, mind-bending Desipis dragon - but luckily, a brave and loyal penguin army appeared out of nowhere, buried the fire-breathing babe in a mountain of potatoes from nowhere, and swarmed her with the intention of planting a jury-rigged victory flag on the potato-mountain-top.

So she can burn french-fries in heck forever, and my boy is safe.

He'll probably wind up dating one of the penguins - they seem nice...

user posted image

poptartFINALTINY.gif PARTY TIME poptartFINALTINY.gif

Many thanks to all the spriters!

love this! LOL

And thanks again to all the spriters- you did amazing things.

Edited by velvet_paw

I've noticed that my item distribution chart levels remained at a very low fraction of what was actually used of items (maxed on Shinies and now Meat as well, but these showing at about a 6th? of capacity) and bear no relation to what sized levels *within the potential space* I'd had or now have of items, and do not appear? (hard to tell) to have changed or at any rate to have changed *much* with the significant alterations made in my Val Cave following the arrival of our dragon's permanent mates.

Could this, (assuming the item distribution chart levels to have been the info used,) have been affecting calculations of which dragon groups are ultimately attracted, resulting in unexpected dragons from groups having requirements different than those various members may have been attempting to satisfy?

Because if the items registered as being at a very low level for ultimate mate selections, with the previous 'visitor' appearances being randomized, I would suspect that the influence of these various levels might be reduced regarding the dragon groups/requirements from/regarding which mates were selected???

(Not asking for a mate change on my behalf, btw, lol, really wouldn't want to bother having to redo things again.)

My graceful, gentle flower-arranging Ochredrake got a mean, manipulative, mind-bending Desipis dragon - but luckily, a brave and loyal penguin army appeared out of nowhere, buried the fire-breathing babe in a mountain of potatoes from nowhere, and swarmed her with the intention of planting a jury-rigged victory flag on the potato-mountain-top.

I was guessing it's because it's showing OVERALL quantities? Meaning if your cave was 100% magic, the magic bar would be full but nothing else? So the only way to max out all the bars would be to have nothing in the cave.

Because pulling things out from one category, I have noticed other category bars going UP while the one went down.

*Wants a screenshot*

Lol, well, your Ochredrake couldn't have had offspring with the Desipis anyway, so he might as well find solace in a penguin's wings. laugh.gif Maybe they'll adopt an orphan egg and be adorable parents!

Aghast that the blue nebula lady who professed her love to him does not suit his home's colour scheme, Sangrian has neatly scattered her bloody remains in his cave... and has decided a pet is a superior acquisition.

user posted image

That has to be the best, and darkest answer to not getting what you wanted. Kudos on giving me a hell of a laugh. - BTW your cave needs more toes.

I only grabbed 2 eggies if I want more I can breed them next year. Forgot to do so this year biggrin.gif how does one post pixs of your cave?

Edited by LuvDragons

Before anybody ask this question again? Where is the female? Is this a glitch/bug?

Hard refresh... rolleyes.gif *points to her signature*

For those of you who are dissatisfied with your dragons' mates-

From what I can tell, you don't actually have to breed them together. Just keep them on your scroll and breed them to whomever you want. (Or set them loose if you really can't stand that breed.)

If an egg shows up on your scroll anyway, you can keep it or abandon it, your choice.

In other words, don't sweat it.

I wouldn't dream of abandoning my Purple just because the game chose to give me a random mate whose color doesn't match him at all... *grumble* If there is an egg out of the pairing, I will still create a checker out of it, that's just how I roll. cool.gif

Overall there was more good than 'meh' and nothing bad at all during the entire event. I got many beautiful Valentines from awesome breeders that really did outstanding work with their lineages! The new dragon is nice and I'm looking forward to seeing all new combinations people come up with. The game was the only thing that didn't really work for me and not just because of the final outcome which left many people, myself included, a little disappointed. I did love the creative part and the decorating was a lot of fun, but it would have been great to have the ability to choose in which layer a certain ornament would lie and a reset button would have been golden especially in the later parts of the game when you had to remove dozens of decorations manually. A word on when the final mate would be decided so we could make those final tweaks in time would have been nice as well. To summarize, the game has a great concept, but somewhat wobbly execution.

Thank you TJ, the spriters, and everyone involved for a fun event! <3

Edited by stagazer_7

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Kliiq from Neverland has attracted an admirer: a falconiform wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

user posted image

Change places, babies, you're looking funny.

But, y-y-y-y-yep, Red Ashes + Blue Fire. They will have a nice time bbqing things laugh.gif

I was guessing it's because it's showing OVERALL quantities? Meaning if your cave was 100% magic, the magic bar would be full but nothing else? So the only way to max out all the bars would be to have nothing in the cave.

Because pulling things out from one category, I have noticed other category bars going UP while the one went down.

Thanks and I'll bet you're right!

That would figure, since it would also limit the decor potential. Oh, well, lol.

Hi, LibbyLishly! smile.gif

Lol, not sure how to do one, (although provided with an idiot-proof host,) and between groggy brain issues and ongoing rather odd computer issues, (including an essential desktop update apparently being overwritten twice so that it still shows as being required, only I'm not sure which side wears the white hat in any of the multiple claims made about various things and am waiting for Someone Who Knows to look at it before I do anything) I'm probably better off not messing with anything and possibly causing an explosion.

But I suspect that after the Val Caves are locked tonight, we can send URLs?

Mine is nothing special, although I liked it better before the Great Penguin Potato War occurred, but I suppose some casualties must be expected. laugh.gif

My final cave. I know today is not my day and tomorrow i could do better but to really be satisfied with every pixel i have to redo it from scratch and for that i do not have the energy.

user posted image

He gives her gifts through his meat, er minions and she wants to eat the princess and then have time for only the two of them. laugh.gif

has it been confirmed that the mates are final? I am happy with the desipis my vampire paired with, I just want to rearrange things and I'm afraid she might end up leaving xd.png

has it been confirmed that the mates are final? I am happy with the desipis my vampire paired with, I just want to rearrange things and I'm afraid she might end up leaving xd.png

Yes, the word is that the mates cannot be changed anymore.

Fairly certain it's final! I haven't seen anyone posting about their dragon changing, in spite of changes made to the cave, thoughout the entire day.

The Desepis in my guy's cave has been there all day, as well.

user posted image

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Eosphoros-MS7 has attracted an admirer: a nhiostrife wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

I do like nhiostrifes, so this worked out. I still would have liked a grave. I still loved this event, though I would have appreciated clearer instructions and being told that it would just be random which mate we attracted in the end.

Still had a great time decorating though!

Here's my banana boat with a lollipop sail and mouse captain.

user posted image

Hi, LibbyLishly! smile.gif

Lol, not sure how to do one, (although provided with an idiot-proof host,) and between groggy brain issues and ongoing rather odd computer issues, (including an essential desktop update apparently being overwritten twice so that it still shows as being required, only I'm not sure which side wears the white hat in any of the multiple claims made about various things and am waiting for Someone Who Knows to look at it before I do anything) I'm probably better off not messing with anything and possibly causing an explosion.

But I suspect that after the Val Caves are locked tonight, we can send URLs?

Mine is nothing special, although I liked it better before the Great Penguin Potato War occurred, but I suppose some casualties must be expected. laugh.gif

Fair enough. I probably wouldn't mess with it under such circumstances, either. blink.gif

But yeah, I'll be stalking the thread in Site Discussion after the event, so I'll be looking for your cave url there, assuming we get a url. laugh.gif