TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I don't get why anyone would expect that though. It wasn't hard to figure out/discover that there were multiple species with the same likes so why should anyone expect to be able to lure one specific species? I count myself lucky I got the Shadow Walker I wanted, not satisfied that I did the game 'right', and if by some awful chance I had gotten, I dunno, a Balloon or something (I don't remember what else likes the same stuff as SWs) I would've been disappointed, sure, but not to the point where the whole event was ruined for me. I dunno, I guess I just feel like people who get -that- worked up about it probably shouldn't have played a game involving randomness to begin with.

Those species seemed to be in groups, though, and when one of a group which appears a lot keeps mentioning the same two things, one tends to hope that increasing those things over others will at least lure someone from that group, not something that's not been appearing and may have demonstrated different 'wants'.

That can be a disappointment and even a bit of shock.

Please TJ, allow us to get a different mate. I'm quite angry.

You see male canopies aren't actually too bad, but females are one of my least favorite sprites.

EDIT: There, I replaced the canopy's head with a beetroot

Edited by Santa07

I was planning on making a cute description for any mate my vampire dragon would attract

oooh, I like this idea!

now whether to use my own GWs or get a CB GW? (although if I use my own GW dragons, one of their siblings or nephews got turn into a vampire by Zin'rokh 'grand daughter'. laugh.gif)

(And they could adopt a vampire egg/some other dragon... maybe. *ponders* if I want ya know, kids.)

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Those species seemed to be in groups, though, and when one of a group which appears a lot keeps mentioning the same two things, one tends to hope that increasing those things over others will at least lure someone from that group, not something that's not been appearing and may have demonstrated different 'wants'.

That can be a disappointment and even a bit of shock.

Has that happened that often though? Everyone I know got a dragon which - if not the one they wanted - fell into the appropriate 'likes group' for what they'd done in their hoards. Nobody got, say, a dragon that likes sweets if they put in 0 sweets. I think it just may have been a bit less deterministic than we expected, but still not totally random. Who's gotten mates that are totally inappropriate for what they put out based on observed evidence through the event?

I think it was an issue of probabilities, not absolutes. If you had meat and magic for example you had a chance of attracting a Desipis (or whatever) even if you had way more, say, Sweets and Shinies. You just had a -better- chance of attracting whatever likes Sweets and Shinies. But there was still the smaller chance of getting one that likes Meat and Magic. to get ONLY stuff liking Sweets and Shinies you probably had to use 0 of anything in another category. That would be my guess based on the outcomes and what you're saying has happened.

I thought the event lasted until the 21st. Why did my dragon choose a mate already? =/

It's probably to give you a day to tweak whatever decorations you want to around the mate before it locks down.

I thought the event lasted until the 21st. Why did my dragon choose a mate already? =/

Probably so you have time to adjust the decorations one last time before it closes. It never said the mate came at the end of the event, it said 'on the last day'. Which it is.

I think it is so we have time to redo/do our caves with the mate in mind (and don't end up with a frog to the face like I saw earlier with a golden wyvern smile.gif ).

maybe there's more in store for what actually happens to the mates :3

I think it is so we have time to redo/do our caves with the mate in mind (and don't end up with a frog to the face like I saw earlier with a golden wyvern smile.gif ).

I dont have a button for saving my editted cave. Does this mean I'm stuck with the same cave and same mate?

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless worthy females and adjusting decorations so that there was room for one of them, Thuwed Kara has attracted an admirer: a brimstone dragon that has it's face shoved right up into your decorations! Fancy that! You leave the happy couple (namely your Sweetling and his pet lizard) alone to wish the Brimstone dragon would realize that your dragon is simply not interested. You yourself head out to find other people who are equally disappointed that their dragon's admirer wasn't quite what they expected.

I dont have a button for saving my editted cave. Does this mean I'm stuck with the same cave and same mate?

I think we are stuck with the mate (but I could be wrong) as far as the cave - you should still be able to add/remove and hit the save changes button for the rest to today (I think smile.gif ).

Edited by rubyshoes

Bleh. Shadow walkers seem to like sweets, which of course potatoes and carrots are under. I like shadow walkers but they're not the best looking with goldfeesh. I don't have much time to decorate either. Just got done with a 15 hour work day. Bleh. D|

xP

I'm quite pleased. smile.gif

user posted image

Well at least someone is glad with a canopy dragon and didn't give them a beetroot-head smile.gif

I think we are stuck with the mate (but I could be wrong) as far as the cave - you should still be able to add/remove and hit the save changes button

Wow are you serious?

That really sucks.

For one I don't have a button regardless of what changes I make and secondly had I known that I would be stuck with the dragon today instead of on the 20th I would have redone my cave entirely instead of waiting to getting my items and then decorating.

The description led me to believe that everything "final" would be done on the 21st and not before. dry.gif

Wow are you serious?

That really sucks.

For one I don't have a button regardless of what changes I make and secondly had I known that I would be stuck with the dragon today instead of on the 20th I would have redone my cave entirely instead of waiting to getting my items and then decorating.

The description led me to believe that everything "final" would be done on the 21st and not before. dry.gif

Are you on a mobile? If so, that might be why you don't have the button. Early on in the event some were talking about problems with mobiles.

Bleh. I hate deep seas. It doesn't look good with my brute either. Poor Jagged Peak. So close to getting a copper or golden wyvern. sad.gif *angrily sings along to Mama by MCR*

Are you on a mobile? If so, that might be why you don't have the button. Early on in the event some were talking about problems with mobiles.

No, I'm on a PC. And it worked fine a few hours ago when it was still the 19th.

user posted image

Eh, not exactly what I was expecting. Never seen this lady before. Had to re-arrange everything just for her :l oh well...