TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

My bachelorette doesn't appear. I'm on my phone. Wonder if I have to do a reset on my computer for everything to catch up.

A refresh should fix it, not sure if a phone can do a hard refresh though. Going on a computer for a bit might indeed be your best bet.

I'll give it a shot when I get home. My poor boy feels abandoned by love.

Aww... poor little magma... the bleeding moon he put so much effort into abandoned him...

Oh and now she's back...

and she's gone.

Nope, she's back.

Edited by EmmaD333

Aww... poor little magma... the bleeding moon he put so much effort into abandoned him...

Oh and now she's back...

and she's gone.

Nope, she's back.

My poor Sweetling is being fought over. For an hour I'll see the grave, and then the next hour I'll see a waterhorse.

Why can't these females just make up their minds?

user posted image

This is true love. Lizard love.

That is adorable.

And there's a Shadow Walker in my Nocturne's cave. Please stay! I'll find more sweets, I swear!

I can't shake this Desipis! It just loves Rogue, but I want something else. Any help, guys? How do I get it to leave?

Oooh!! Shadow Walker!!!

user posted image

Is this real where you can see the image of the other dragon visiting you? If you made this yourself nice job.

Is this real where you can see the image of the other dragon visiting you? If you made this yourself nice job.

Never mind my first image of the other dragon just showed up as well and it also a shadow walker!

user posted image

Here we have Rose Xaana. he's put in a great deal of work to attract the perfect mate.

Hanging over the front of the cave are sausage links and hams, being slow roasted over the lava flows.

In the back of the cave where things are cooler, there are a caged Prince and Princess, each with a mouse to eat. (Rose Xaana does not quiet understand what humans need to eat)

Also in the back of the cave, the main attraction, an enormousness, Blackberry Pie, lovingly baked by Rose Xaana himself.

Laying on a ring of Sunset, Sunrise and Sunsong scales are the Magic Staff of a Wizard who had tried to tame him, and an Enchanted Sword, once possessed by a Knight intent on slaying him.

A single Fire Rose is held in place by Orbs of Gold, for all to see.

And finally at the entrance, steak and fish being carefully grilled in the lava pool.

(There are also two kinds of Mushrooms but those just grow naturally around the cave)

That pie is amazing, making me hungry, too, lol.

Holy cow, so many people have amazing decorating skills!

The Golden Wyvern just left, looking for more shinies, but was replaced by a pink Pyralspite - I've maxed out on the shinies SHE also wants, though... wonder if Pledging the Val Cave to a high wax shine would make her happy enough to stay...

Edit: hi, saarkin!

We can now see the visitors, so that we can rearrange our decor to adjust for the permanent appearance of the permanent mate, thanks to TJ!

Edited by Syphoneira

That pie is amazing, making me hungry, too, lol.

Holy cow, so many people have amazing decorating skills!

The Golden Wyvern just left, looking for more shinies, but was replaced by a pink Pyralspite - I've maxed out on the shinies SHE also wants, though... wonder if Pledging the Val Cave to a high wax shine would make her happy enough to stay...

The crust is potatoes and the filling is the purple grapes.

The potatoes make wonderful pie crust.

All purpose potatoes.

All powerful potatoes.

All hail the potatoes.

OK, now I want potatoes and grapes for supper - and it's ALL YOUR FAULT! xd.png

Edit: looking at shadowfighter's sig: 'One Potato to rule them all, One Potato to find them,

One Potato to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.' I now understand the mysterious code behind the children's counting game: ' 1 potato, 2 potato'...

Indeed, DarkPhoenixInnocent speaks truth in saying:

'All purpose potatoes.

All powerful potatoes.

All hail the potatoes.'

If potatoes be the food of life, feed me with potatoes, for I am sick of fish fingers...

Edited by Syphoneira

OK, now I want potatoes and grapes for supper - and it's ALL YOUR FAULT! xd.png

mmm... that actually sounds really great right now.

My green Nebbie has a GW! Gotta keep her...

This event has been so confusing. I still hardly know exactly how this is working.

This event has been so confusing. I still hardly know exactly how this is working.

Oh, good, I'm not alone!

Edit: I do know that a friend of mine drove off an unwanted suitor by stabbing it with a sword.

And that it's really shinies which are a girl's best friend, but now I've told you more than I know...

Edited by Syphoneira

I'm scared.

I saw the true form of the potatos and its now starting to infecting my cave. sad.gif

(also my dragon is either rude or shy.... can't decide which yet xd.png)

Edit:

My hatchling is now called Nimoe Heart of Thieves.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I'm bringing this over from the DC Lore AMA thread.

About Heartstealers:

Do they often get caught stealing things, because their body is so shiny and attention drawing that it seems rather unlikely they'd be able to steal anything unless they covered themselves in coal dust. Also, they don't really have very many places to hide stolen artifacts (except maybe in that thin mane they have.)

Does their stealing lead to feuding, because I doubt every person would react like "welp, I've think I've lost my valuable scroll" or "I can't find my jewels I guess I'll go buy some more."

Does their gifting ever backfire and cause wars, because after people try and move on from the misfortune of losing a possibly irreplaceable item only to find out that their neighbor mysteriously acquired it on Valentine's day might have some rather aggressive results.

Have I been summoned? I'll hopefully remember to add a bit of stuff to the wiki. I'll go into detail as some people are confused.

The shininess isn't a big deal. Since they are born with it, they learn to get around it so it becomes more of a nuisance then anything else. It is vital that their scales be shiny so they are found when they shed so they bare with it.

They specialize is shadow magic and are naturally nocturnal and that helps a lot with the actual thievery. They were originally going to have a 'darkness' alignment to make that more clear but after some talking with TJ we agreed that them being destruction aligned was too much for their naturally 'giving' nature. Since they are aware of how shiny they are, the tend to target things in non-bright places like vaults or keeps where people wouldn't check every day.

Here is an example: The won't steal a wedding ring off someone's finger or a kings crown off their head, but they might go for a broach in an an old, dusty jewellery box in your closet. A wedding ring or ruler's crown is obviously sentimental, on the finger/head means it is being used and will be missed right away, and on top of that is would be risky to take. They also tend to go after wealthier dragons or people - people who wouldn't miss a handful of coins. Think robin hood.

A 'heartstealer attack' would be more of a 'where did I put that thing?' 'Didn't I have a ...?' 'Wasn't there more of...?' reaction. They are a valentine's breed, they aren't malicious. They go after things they think others may like, not things that would cause wars or deliberate trouble. If something sentimental was taken, it was probably an accident.

No, some people/dragons are mad, naturally. However, if something shows up right around valentine's day people almost assume that 'heartstealing' happened. Then the neighbour goes, 'Hey, Bob, did you loose a scroll a month or two back? Because I found this on my doorstep this morning...'

As to where they keep things, I imagine most dragons have nests or caves to hide things. Unless you mean how they get them home, if so if you look they have thumbs like humans and can carry things.

I'm happy to answer other questions about the breed or my other breeds. I'd rather do it publicly then over PM so people can access it.

I feel like this event has been even more about potatoes than usual (and here somehow we always make events about potatoes)

anyway, i have been trying to summon back that pright pink but to no avail sad.gif

I'm still not seeing the visiting dragon even after adding more decorations and saving

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl and F5 at the same time).

-snip-

Potato? I had a potato wander into my cave. rolleyes.gif

For a second I was just like "we have leg items?"