TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

The layer system is so annoying...I had to delete my entire wall of mana to fix it because I couldn't add mana crystals behind the others without having to delete them.

Gah unfortunate placing. My Lumina is sitting there facing to the left so he always looks like he's sulking no matter who comes by, poor ladies get ignored xd.png Fussy little thing. The White who is there right now looks like she's silently mad at him too, lol.

There's been a lot of traffic in our caves today, hasn't there? x3 The dragons keep changing on me every once in a while.

ad layers: agree, I've had to delete whole parts of the design just to remake something way down there. A "move to the front/back" button would come very handy.

Edited by Orlageddon

Edit: hi, DarkPhoenixInnocent!   

It sounds as though the mate's sprites will just be appearing in our Val Caves.  smile.gif

Hi biggrin.gif

Haha yeah, but the fact we're getting Halloween dragons but none of the other holidays is making the conspiracy theorist in me talk xd.png

Edited by DarkPhoenixInnocent

I think it's really neat when Shadow Walkers stop by, because their partial transparency is particularly fun with this sort of thing.

I haven't been doing much decorating today, just trying to get a feel for where the other dragon sprites appear in the cave, so I know where to not put things. xd.png

How come I haven't actually seen any pixelated dragons show up in my cave..?

Try a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 on windows, on mac I think it's just cmd+R). That should fix it smile.gif

I got a falconiform draggie and another one forget the name of neosomething but both left to find more than what I have. Are there any that actually end up staying and not leaving? biggrin.gif For my main draggie I am using my gold one in Golden Embers you think he alone would attract the dragons that like shiny things. Pears not.

I just did the CTRL and F5 thing and there was the falconiform draggie playing with the sword. Maybe it is going to use it to cut the meat perhaps? biggrin.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

I got a falconiform draggie and another one forget the name of neosomething but both left to find more than what I have. Are there any that actually end up staying and not leaving? biggrin.gif For my main draggie I am using my gold one in Golden Embers you think he alone would attract the dragons that like shiny things. Pears not.

Not yet, but it seems that's what should happen at the end of the event smile.gif

Is it weird that my Valentine babies have 23 hours to grow up and aren't even at the S2 stage yet? O_o

this is what happens when my gold decided to play the flute

*gigglesnort*

technically, those were meant to be barrettes. Diamon/sapphire, emerald ruby, and ruby diamond.

I may have been shopping for replacement wedding ring when those were made.. lol

Eeee! 8 hours until my babies grow up! Also, *points to last line in signature* Not saying anything else. wink.gif

Edited by shadowfighter

Oh, falconiform came back!

*sings*

Oh won't you... STAAAY WITH ME!

I'm sure my sweet magma is begging her.

Ooh, she liked the collection of meat, but wants more shinies... what can I do with that to make it look pretty...

This is WEIRD!

More shinies, waterhorse.

Less shinies, falconiform that wants more shinies.

Edited by EmmaD333

Try a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 on windows, on mac I think it's just cmd+R). That should fix it smile.gif

Oh, that helped! One showed up in my cave, but now I have an ember dragon. Are they changing more frequently? I had a fleshcrown earlier. Anyway, I even moved some of my items around, too, just in case. Not sure if that helped or if it was just a need to refresh. In any event, refreshing worked. Thanks, Rhynn Collins!

*gigglesnort*

technically, those were meant to be barrettes. Diamon/sapphire, emerald ruby, and ruby diamond.

I may have been shopping for replacement wedding ring when those were made.. lol

Lol, well, they do also make gorgeous flutes, sceptres, precioussssss obstacles casually littering the treasure-room floor...

Thanks for the spriting, btw, to you and everyone else involved - these are all beautifully made items and caves, etc!

I can't help but think that we're gonna get to keep whatever dragon we lure as a mate on our scrolls as a CB.

There's really nothing to suggest this, except the only holiday's that are showing up are Halloween dragons, which you can have an unlimited number of CB's of, but Christmas and Valentine's a limited to two each, so if the mate you lure becomes a CB on your scroll, this prevents the issues of luring a mate that you're maxed on CB's of.

But at the same time I can see a number of reason why the mate WOULDN'T end up on our scroll.

It's just that one thing I've noticed, of the Halloween's showing up but no Christmas or Valentine's appearing. It whispers to me, suggesting silly things.

This makes sense - I haven't seen hybrids or seasonals, either, or read that anyone else has.

If we do get to keep the dragon (which I doubt), everyone who missed out on an Old Pink is going to be miserable... unless this heralds their return? They've shown up in a few events now, haven't they? Oh please oh please...;w;

The depsis lady abandoned me but I was consoled by the sight of a golden Wyvern.

I was less happy when another black and white showed up, was surprised by a pretty falconiform and am now dismayed by a persistent deep sea.

I don't even fulfill her primary desire for more shinies, much less what ever her secondary desire is. Why, Deep Sea Dragoness, must you attempt your horrible flirting with my Wolfy?

Go away and send back my Depsis!

laugh.gif And now the golden wyvern is back. Oh? A pink pyralspite. And the wyvern is back. (Is baffled.) Now a frostbite.

One thing this event is really good for is allowing us to really look at these dragons when they visit. It makes me realize all over again how delightful they are.

1/19 cool.gif The Depsis lady is back after a visit from a pretty orange copper and another golden wyvern.

10:19am A Waterhorse! blink.gif

10:39am ohmy.gif A very pretty grave.

6:11pm Was troubled by a pink, visited momentarily by a grave, then the pink booted her out. An imperial fleshcrowne dropped by and was chased away by the pink. Got a visit from a shadowwalker, whom I would have liked to keep so I added a few more sweets, then my Depsis lady came back. Lovely. smile.gif She stepped out for a moment and a faloniform visited before the Depsis came back.

Edited by Cygnis

How long will the cave decorating thing go on?

I want to be sure to finish my cave the way I want biggrin.gif

If we do get to keep the dragon (which I doubt), everyone who missed out on an Old Pink is going to be miserable... unless this heralds their return? They've shown up in a few events now, haven't they? Oh please oh please...;w;

The fact that Bright Pinks appear in the cave, but I haven't seen any mention of Frills, does hint at something... To me, at least. I'm hoping this means they're coming back?

Shadow Walker! **squee**

You want more sweeties?? Here! Have them AAAALLLLLLLL!!

The fact that Bright Pinks appear in the cave, but I haven't seen any mention of Frills, does hint at something... To me, at least. I'm hoping this means they're coming back?

Let us pray ;;

As far as I'm concerned Frills are all but confirmed to be coming back (the spriter was supportive of the idea, after all), so I'm not too worried about them not showing up alongside the pinkies.

I attracted a pink.

That surprised me.

I would have figured my big bad magma woulda been too, you know, big and bad.

I guess she goes for the HOT types, eh?

O and now I have a sweet waterhorse.

I don't think that would end up well... for either of them/\.

But it'd be a steamy romance while it lasted, amirite? xd.png

This layer problem is a bit annoying. Do I actually have to remove all the decorations at the place where the mate shows up and where one of them will hopefully stay at the end? Because it looks ridiculous right now with parts of the decorations lying over or under the visiting dragon.

Question is, do I remove everything I placed there in the past days now or will the "final visitor" show up correctly?