FiveSix

'Show Resulting Lineage' Option

why not just use the lineage checker on http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.php

It's already there, and I know many who use it

No support, already have one. It shows all gens and includes inbreeding checker

Because the preview tool on Allure won't prevent this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8jG6F

That was literally just a miss-click, the two were next to each other.

If this were implemented as a toggle in Account Settings, I'd leave it on most of the time, and only turn it off when I went to try long-established pairs.

Cheers!

C4.

Just adding my support to this idea; I think it'd be very useful. I try to be very careful when I'm breeding to make sure I breed the right dragons but I still misclick and, on one memorable occasion, completely forgot that what I was breeding to my CB Copper was not a CB Pink, but actually a 4G. Whoops.

What about just altering the breed page? A "Preview" option next to breed and you could either click that or breed. If you chose preview, there would be a "Back" or "Breed" option at the top/bottom of the page so you could breed straight from there if you wanted.

As long as the site can handle it.

This seems to me to be the best way to implement this idea. With a preview link on the breeding page, you wouldn't have to toggle the option off every time you were breeding established mates, just choose instead not to check the preview. (Or, if you're paranoid about these things like me, check anyway, just to be absolutely certain.)

Edited by Alectrona

I would like to point out that I do have a spreadsheet with multiple pages for breeding/collecting purposes - a list of all CBs, a list of Prize/metal-fails, and a record of projects.

Even then, I've been known to make a mis-click the few times I get my lazy rear in gear to continue with lineages. laugh.gif

So even a spreadsheet isn't necessarily a foolproof method.

SockPuppet Strangler's suggestion'd be fine with me too, I'll add that to the first post. Any other variations suggested that I've missed and should add?

why not just use the lineage checker on http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.php

It's already there, and I know many who use it

No support, already have one. It shows all gens and includes inbreeding checker

(It doesn't use lineage tiles, though, and some pairs look better/worse in lineage than full view.) Also, not everyone may use that site.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

(It doesn't use lineage tiles, though, and some pairs look better/worse in lineage than full view.) Also, not everyone may use that site.

I can agree with not everyone using the site. but I've had no issues using with and making sure to have the dragcave background. it shows full lineage.

Just stating that's what I do, and its been useful

Edited by KuroYukia

Not everyone likes lineage/gen information in their dragon names smile.gif And even the most detailed naming wont save you if the loading of the page changes the dragon as you click, which some have been complaining of.

Not everyone likes lineage/gen information in their dragon names smile.gif And even the most detailed naming wont save you if the loading of the page changes the dragon as you click, which some have been complaining of.

That's true as well, I don't know though. I've had a few misclicks but I'm really just stating what I do to prevent slips.

Accidentally misclicked and bred one of my fave cb dragons with their offspring >.<

Just saying no support from me, I rather handle the issue myself then having TJ do extra work.

I really love Sock's suggestion. This is something I'd definitely use when testing new pairs ("Is this the ice I wanted to breed to, or was it this one...?"), but I'd have no use for it when breeding pairs I've already had established for years, so being able to on-the-fly choose to see a preview or not would be the perfect implementation. biggrin.gif

I can agree with not everyone using the site. but I've had no issues using with and making sure to have the dragcave background. it shows full lineage.

Just stating that's what I do, and its been useful

The problem is with named dragons. You'd need to do a search for the dragon (dragcave.net/view/n/name), then get the code, get to the site, enter both codes...

(Okay, so you can see the mate's code when hovering over the breed link. But in cases of l/I, you'll still have to try at least two versions - or do a search.)

l/I is distinct for me in the hover-text for links O_o

My argument for why we need this in spite of the AOND version would be because in addition to the sudden loading issue you need waaaay more clicks to check lineage on AOND and if you're like me you'll still be anxious that you added the codes/names wrong.

Besides, even if you choose the DC background, the lineages look different in the AoND lineage checker. AoND uses the whole sprite, while the lineage tiles on-site are centered and look different. I have started a lineage with grays and skywings because they looked great together in the AoND tool, but in actual lineage tiles they don't look good anymore.

And: I think "There's a fan site which can do this" is not a valid argument, because fan sites can go offline if the coder becomes inactive. While it's definitely nice to have the tool, that is no argument against implementing something like it on-site.

And: I think "There's a fan site which can do this" is not a valid argument, because fan sites can go offline if the coder becomes inactive. While it's definitely nice to have the tool, that is no argument against implementing something like it on-site.

Agreed.

If anyone still remembers, Jade Destiny was the original DC lineage viewer. Just because a fansite having that feature does not mean that the site can't implement the same.

In fact, implementing such feature into the site proper will result in much more people being exposed to it, as the case of lineage viewer proved.

This would be Awesome!!! I often spend a couple of hours deciding on new mates for dragons, and this would cut that probably to a third of that. Also, I would love to see an option where you could see if a dragon you are about to breed (not the one you started with, but the one you are getting ready to click on) has been bred before. It would save me so many headaches.

This would be Awesome!!! I often spend a couple of hours deciding on new mates for dragons, and this would cut that probably to a third of that. Also, I would love to see an option where you could see if a dragon you are about to breed (not the one you started with, but the one you are getting ready to click on) has been bred before. It would save me so many headaches.

The only thing I would like to see change would be to have the dragon you are about to breed with being a clickable link - so before you hit "breed" you can open a tab with its lineage (or just click on it to see that and then hit back.).

That still doesn't help you prevent the "Oops, I wanted to use the breed link above/below!" situation, but for me, it's workable enough.

The only thing I would like to see change would be to have the dragon you are about to breed with being a clickable link - so before you hit "breed" you can open a tab with its lineage (or just click on it to see that and then hit back.).

Yes, and with everything accessible - just as it is everywhere BUT the breeding page - so that you can also check to see if it has children with anyone, to be sure that you're not using a similar (but already mated) dragon to the one you'd intended to breed.

I'm sure we would have had far fewer ruined Holiday messies had this been possible...

This is just as good of an idea as a clickable link to the lineage of the dragon-to-be-bred-to on the breeding page. I wouldn't mind having both. Support.

That's what bugs me; I can't scroll-wheel-click on the "Breed To" page in order to check on my selected dragon's potential mate. I have to open an entirely new tab, search for the prospective mate, and check from there.

Still waiting for this to be a Thing.

I somehow missed this suggestion when it was first made, but I would love, love, love to have this option.

I do use spreadsheets to plan out my lineages, but have still had an oops or two when I was attempting to breed something for a trade or a request.