Ylvanne

The Holiday Spiral

Should we start the Christmas from Holly or Yule?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

Welcome to the Holiday Spiral lineage project!

I've been playing DC since beginning of the 2013, however, I managed to miss every single Holiday dragon but the ones this Christmas.

I've never really showed much interest on lineages and stuff, but since I joined the forums (around November last year) I got really into making pretty lineages and stuff.

I've visited this section a lot but never joined anything. I got kinda scared for those long going projects and I thought I couldn't help much with them, but I really wanted to join a group lineage project... So here I am, making my own from scratch and asking if you'd like to join me with all this!

So, the idea is basically this:

Making a spiral that contains every single Holiday dragon on it.

However, they're not going to be attached or mixed, but different for each Holiday: one spiral for Halloween, one for Valentine and another one for Christmas.

The idea is to take the dragons in the order they were released and start an spiral with selected breeds in order to create a beautiful spiral that contains every single Holiday dragon on it!

I'll try to add some examples on how it's supposed to look when finished later. If someone knows where to get the tiles or the scroll background for the theoretical lineage, please let me know!

So, getting into subject...

Here's the mechanic:

* First stage: Look up for breeders. We can't start the lineage without eggs, right? -We're currently here-

* Second stage: Setting up the first batch of eggs. The first breeders gets in contact with the ones in charge for the second breeding (this is done BEFORE breeding the eggs, so you know that the other person will be available and the dragon won't grow up on their scroll).

To start with the second batch of eegs, we proceed the same way as with the first one and that goes on and on.

* Third stage: Here's the requesting. You can only request an egg of certain stage after that breeding phase is completed and the dragons of the breeders are fully grown. The rules for requesting will be listed lower on this thread.

The idea is to go in order with the dragon releases (from the oldest to the newest), creating the beautiful spiral of Holidays!

Love wheel:

Valentine's Spiral

Selected mates: White Winter and Moonstone

(Here's an example with Reds: http://dragcave.net/lineage/mOh3d)

White Spiral:

- Valentine '09: incomplete

- Sweetling: incomplete

- Rosebud: incomplete

- Heartseeker: incomplete

- Arsani: incomplete

- Radiant Angel: incomplete

Winter Spiral:

Moonstone Spiral:

Spooky Carousel:

Halloween's Spiral

Since Vampires are unbreedable, we'll start with Black Marrows (sadly, Pumpkins only breed with pygmies) . If you want to end your lineage line by bitting an egg and making it a Vampire to have them all, be my guest!

This one is longer than the other two because here we have male and female CBs, so it would be nice if we can get the two genders for the spiral.

Selected mates: Red, Ember and Royal Crimson

Red Spiral:

- Black Marrow male: incomplete

- Black Marrow female: incomplete

- Shadow Walker male: incomplete

- Shadow Walker female: incomplete

- Cavern Lurker male: incomplete

- Cavern Lurker female: incomplete

- Grave male: incomplete

- Grave female: incomplete

- Desipis male: incomplete

- Desipis female: incomplete

Ember Spiral:

Royal Crimson Spiral:

Staircase to Heaven:

Christmas' Spiral

I'm a bit worried about this one, mostly because CB Hollys are pretty rare and I'm not sure if people would like to sing-up for being a breeder. Let me know if you think we should start with Hollies or then go straight to Yulebucks.

The timeline is different here because Wrapping-Wings are males, just as the Winter Magis, so inorder to keep the Spiral, I placed them between Solstices and Mistletoes

Selected mates: White and Winter

White Spiral:

- Holly female: Optional, incomplete

- Holly male: Optional, incomplete

- Yulebuck: incomplete

- Snow Angel: incomplete

- Ribbon Dancer: incomplete

- Winter Magi: incomplete

- Solstice: incomplete

- Wrapping-Wing: incomplete

- Mistletoe: incomplete

Winter Spiral:

- Holly female: Optional, incomplete

- Holly male: Optional, incomplete

- Yulebuck: incomplete

- Snow Angel: incomplete

- Ribbon Dancer: incomplete

- Winter Magi: incomplete

- Solstice: incomplete

- Wrapping-Wing: incomplete

- Mistletoe: incomplete

Edited by Ylvanne

Breeders

Becoming a breeder for the project is really simple. You just need to fill out the form and wait until I add you to the list.

I'll try to get several breeders for each stage because we need back-ups if other breeders go on hiatus, are out of town or just can't answer the messages when needed.

A few things you need to know before becoming a breeder:

- If you're going to be a breeder for the project, you should be willing to breed your CB Holidays for free at least once (the first time, to complete a stage), but you can ask payment for eggs given to other requester participants.

- I'm going to send random activity-checking PMs, if you not answer in less than 48 hours, your get kicked from the breeder's list and your points are gone. You can request to be added once again, but your points are lost forever.

Every time a breeder breeds an egg for a requester or for the project main line itself, they gain points. Points can be redeemed for prizes after enough points has been collected.

1 egg given = 1 point for the breeder

10 points = 1 CB very common - common egg

25 points = 1 CB uncommon - very uncommon egg

50 points = 1 CB rare - very rare egg (this does not include 2G Prizes)

The rarity is stated according to the DC Wiki

The breeder can choose which egg they want, but need to request for it and be patient. We don't have an egg fountain, so your egg might take a little while to go to your hands.

If you've read everything so far and it's an even day (2, 4, 24...) name your favorite egg on the "Others" part of the form, and if it's an odd day (3, 5 19...) name your favorite dragon breed.

- Here goes the list of breeder's points -

Breeders forms:

I want to be a breeder!

[SIZE=7]I want to be a breeder![/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]PM link[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[B]I want to breed for[/B]: (Insert CB Holiday here)
[B]CBs owned[/B]: (Off course, I'm meaning the CBs of the dragon you offered to breed. Please state how many males and how many females)
[B]Kind[/B]: (Since some Holidays have different sprites depending of the scroll they are, you'll need to state what kind of holiday is your. Is your Holiday a Regular or an Alt? Black Sweetlings, gold winged Snow Angels, red or blue wings on Solstices, Spriter's alt... etc. State which one)
[B]Are you willing to breed for free?[/B]:
[B]Others[/B]:

I donated an egg!

[SIZE=7]I donated an egg![/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]PM link[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[B]Link to the egg's lineage[/B]:
[B]The egg was donated to[/B]:

I want to request a prize egg!

[SIZE=7]I want to request a prize egg![/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]PM link[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[B]Breed of the egg I want[/B]:

I don't want to be a breeder anymore

[SIZE=7]I don't want to be a breeder anymore[/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]PM link[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[B]Dragon I used to breed[/B]:

Breeders lists:

Valentine:

- Valentine '09 -

Name: Zaverxi

PM: Click

Will breed for free: Possibly, but I wouldn't ask for anything difficult/expensive if I do ask for something in return.

Number of CBs: 1

- Sweetling -

Will breed for free: Possibly, but I wouldn't ask for anything difficult/expensive if I do ask for something in return.

Number of CBs: 2

- Alt. Sweetling -

Empty

- Rosebud -

- Heartseeker -

- Arsani -

Number of CBs: 1

- Radiant Angel -

- Heartstealers -

Name: Akash

Will breed for free: Sure biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halloween:

- Black Marrow -

Empty

- Shadow Walker -

Empty

- Cavern Lurker -

Empty

- Grave -

Empty

- Desipis -

Empty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas:

- Holly -

Empty

- Yulebuck -

Empty

- Snow Angel -

Empty

- Ribbon Dancer -

Empty

- Winter Magi -

Empty

- Solstice -

Empty

- Wrapping-Wing -

Empty

- Mistletoe -

Name: Ylvanne

Will breed for free: Off course smile.gif

Edited by Ylvanne

Requesters

To request an egg, we need to set certain rules before proceeding. I know they're annoying, but sadly necessary.

- You should NEVER harass the breeders, if they don't want to breed an egg for you, they have their reasons and you can't force them to do what you want. This causes PERMANENT BAN.

- There are only 2 spots per list. You can't request to be on a list "when it opens". You'll need to wait until a spot is free to request being on it.

- You can't harm the egg you're given in any way. If you want to bite your egg for Halloween, you need to let the breeder know what you're planning to do.

- If you do not respond to a PM in less than 48 hours, you get temporary banned. If that happens more than three times, you get a PERMANENT BAN.

- You request an egg and get into the list, bit that doesn't mean for sure you're going to get an egg. That depends on the breeders if they want to give or not.

- Breeders can PM you with an offer from the project, asking for something in return. You're allowed to accept or decline the offer and that won't kick you out from the list.

- You can name your dragon whatever you want, but you have to add something in order to know it's from the project: "Joy" if it's from Valentine, "Carousel" if it's from Halloween and add "to Heaven" if it's from Christmas. (ex. John Joy, Narnia Carousel, Hellflame to Heaven, etc.).

- You can't request for a Holiday dragon, only for the offspring that's part of the project. That means you're always going to get a White, Winter, Red, etc. and not a Holly, Shadow Walker, Arsani, etc.

- Getting ONE egg from a stage, kicks you out from that list automatically.

- You can request an egg for somebody else (hey, spread the joy!) but you'll need to give us proof of their scroll existence and of the egg being on that scroll.

- If you've read all the rules and it's an even day (2, 4, 24...) name your favorite egg on the "Others" part of the form, and if it's an odd day (3, 5 19...) name your favorite dragon breed.

I want to request an egg!

[SIZE=7]I want to request an egg![/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]PM link[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[b]Stage of the egg[/b]: (Here's where you put if it's from the Rosebud stage (4G Spiral), Desipis stage (6G spiral) etc.)
[b]Spiral mate[/b]: (Here you say if you want your egg from the White Spiral or the Winter or the Red, etc.)
[b]Payment offered[/b]: (If any)
[b]I'm planning to bite my egg[/b]:
[b]Is the egg for me?[/b]: (In case it's for somebody else, you need to put the other person's scroll link here)
[b]Others[b]:

I recieved an egg!

[SIZE=7]I donated an egg![/SIZE]
[B]Forum name[/B]:
[B]Scroll name[/B]:
[B]Scroll link[/B]:
[B]Link to the egg's lineage[/B]:
[B]The egg was donated by[/B]:

Requesters lists:

Valentine:

- Valentine '09 -

Empty

- Sweetling -

Empty

- Rosebud -

Empty

- Heartseeker -

Empty

- Arsani -

Empty

- Radiant Angel -

Empty

Halloween:

- Black Marrow -

Empty

- Shadow Wlaker -

Empty

- Cavern Lurker -

Empty

- Grave -

Empty

- Desipis -

Empty

Christmas:

- Holly -

Empty

- Yulebuck -

Empty

- Snow Angel -

Empty

- Ribbon Dancer -

Empty

- Winter Magi -

Empty

- Solstice -

Empty

- Wrapping-Wing -

Empty

- Mistletoe -

Empty

Edited by Ylvanne

Look! 30 days and I'm bumping... ^^u

Is anybody interesting on participating the project? smile.gif

If you think the mechanic is too complicated, we can start the spirals from the first breeder that wants to participate and keep going from there as they appear (one male dragon, one female dragon).

I don't know... I'm open to discussion. I don't want this to go away! D:

This sounds interesting, though I only have CB heatstealing Dragons... smile.gif

Edited by Akash

I thought no one was going to answer!

Thank you, Akash!

You can sign yourself for Heartstealers breeder!

I suppose I need to update now that there's a new Valentine ^w^

I'm going to throw myself as a Mistletoe breeder, I guess tongue.gif

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Ylvanne

PM link: Write to me!

Scroll name: Ylvanne

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Ylvanne

I want to breed for: Mistletoe

CBs owned: 2 females

Kind: Regular

Are you willing to breed for free?: Off course smile.gif

Others: I guess my favorite egg is the Solstice one!

By holiday spiral, do you mean... every single holiday? Because there might be a few issues with that, considering Christmas dragons have a wave pattern, not a spiral. (Male, male, female, female, male, male, female, female)

Oh, and I have a perfect example for you already. biggrin.gif

Red Valentine spiral

(also you spelled Shadow Walker wrong)

So uh I guess...

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Zaverxi

PM link: PM link

Scroll name: Zaverxi

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Zaverxi

I want to breed for: Valentine

CBs owned: 1 '09 Valentine, 2 Sweetlings, 2 Rosebuds, 2 Heartseekers, 1 Arsani, 2 Radiant Angels, 2 Heartstealers

Kind: Normal Sweetlings

Are you willing to breed for free?: Possibly, but I wouldn't ask for anything difficult/expensive if I do ask for something in return.

Others: erm.... idk, Grave eggs?

Edited by zaverxi

By holiday spiral, do you mean... every single holiday? Because there might be a few issues with that, considering Christmas dragons have a wave pattern, not a spiral. (Male, male, female, female, male, male, female, female)

Oh, and I have a perfect example for you already. biggrin.gif

Red Valentine spiral

(also you spelled Shadow Walker wrong)

So uh I guess...

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Zaverxi

PM link: PM link

Scroll name: Zaverxi

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Zaverxi

I want to breed for: Valentine

CBs owned: 1 '09 Valentine, 2 Sweetlings, 2 Rosebuds, 2 Heartseekers, 1 Arsani, 2 Radiant Angels, 2 Heartstealers

Kind: Normal Sweetlings

Are you willing to breed for free?: Possibly, but I wouldn't ask for anything difficult/expensive if I do ask for something in return.

Others: erm.... idk, Grave eggs?

Yes. I mean a spiral with every single holiday ^w^

I saw Christmas pattern and that's why I changed the order. It might alter the timeline, but still looks nice and works for the spiral ^^

Also, thank you very much for the example! I linked under the Valentines section smile.gif

(And I spent like half an hour trying to find the Shadow Walker I spelt wrong xd.png Fortunately, I managed to see it tongue.gif)

You have been added to the breeding lists! ^^

Thank you for participating and welcome!

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Akash

PM link: PM away~

Scroll name: Akash

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Akash

I want to breed for: Heartstealing Dragons

CBs owned: 2 Females

Kind: Regular

Are you willing to breed for free?: Sure  biggrin.gif

Others: Uhhh... Lumina Eggs

Akash, you've been added as well! Thank you for joining us and welcome! ^^

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: shadowfighter

PM link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=209258

Scroll name: shadowfighter

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/shadowfighter

I want to breed for: Male Desipis, and Mistletoe.

CBs owned: 3 CB Female Reds, and 1 CB Male Winter. I also have 6 CB Male Desipis, and 2 Mistletoes,

Kind: all of my CB Holidays are regular, no specials.

Are you willing to breed for free?: Yes

Others: Silver eggs

Edited by shadowfighter

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Zeditha

PM link: PM

Scroll name/link: Zeditha

I want to breed for: Heartstealing

CBs owned: 2 female

Kind: N/A

Are you willing to breed for free?: Yep!

Others: PYRALSPRITES!!!!!! (Why do you think I hoard them?)

Edited by Zeditha

Remember my valentine lineage I made with reds? Well I finally managed to get a 2nd gen frostbite from Holly, so I started working on a Christmas Wave. (Although I think I prefer the term 'garland')

Almost time for the down spiral!

I'm sorry for being absent.

I had some personal issues and couldn't keep track of some things.

However, I'll update tonight and be here again smile.gif

I want to be a breeder!

Forum name: Lastalda

PM link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=18275

Scroll name: Lastalda

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Lastalda

I want to breed for: whatever is needed, except Hollies, multiples welcome smile.gif

CBs owned:

Valentines:

1 Val'09 (F), 1 Sweetling (M), 1 Rosebud (F), 1 Heartseeker (M), 1 Arsani (F), 2 Radiant Angels (M), 2 Heartstealer (F)

Halloween (Number of Pairs):

Black Marrow (1), Shadow Walker (2), Cavern Lurker (2), Grave (5), Desipis (3)

Christmas:

1 Yulebuck (M), 1 Snow Angel (F), 1 Ribbon Dancer (F), 1 Winter Magi (M), 1 Wrapping Wing (M), 2 Solstices (F), 2 Mistletoes (F)

Kind: all regular; the Snow-Angel is white-and-gold-winged

Are you willing to breed for free?: yes

Others: Magi