pudding

Reincarnated

Leon silently watched the robed man as he waited, whilst his apprentices moved to swing a door open. He turned slightly to look at what he could see through the door... and his eyes widened with suprise.

Figures that were both far and close to human, just like himself, were gathered in the adjacent room, around a circular table with multiple chairs surrounding it. Though he couldn't be sure just how many there were outside, he could see a couple and focused on analyzing them.

The first was most definitely feminine... yet, the green hair was giving him a strange vibe that it was not a pure human. Past that, there was not much else. The female's skin was rather pale... but that could very well be a lack of exposure to a sun. The hair? It could very well be dyed, for all he knew. However... there was just something different about her. She was definitely not a simple human.

The second was male, for sure. But... Leon was clueless as to what it was OTHER than a male. Two sets of wings - one somewhere along the shoulders, one near the waist - adorned the strange creature's body and made it obvious that it was a natural flyer. The fact that there were no feathers other than on the wings, though, confused the young man to no end. His skin was dark, like a deep mocha, whilst his feathers ranged from gold to something close to rust. And then there were the rings. The man's face was covered in them! Whether it was the eyebrows, nose or the ears, each bore at least one ring, if not more.

Right... two unusual beings, just like himself. What had he even gotten himself into...

"Huh?" Leon exclaimed as he turned around to listen to the mage, his mouth having been opened before he even began to move. Apparently, his name here was Nox... and, even more apparently, his 'friends' were waiting for him. Now... he could't really explain how he had gotten here, nor could he handle alcohol or drugs well... but he would never, ever, mix up one of his six friends with what was standing in that room.

"Yes... those guys seem to look exactly like my friends." The Irid spoke out after his mouth opened again, then silently turned around as it resealed itself. Well... even if this was the wackiest thing he'd ever gotten himself into and could very well be a hallucination, a drug trip, a dream or afterlife... he wouldn't find a lot by standing in one room. His mouth cracked open as he came to a stop in front of the entrance.

"I'm off... and thank you, you three." Nox spoke to his temporary colleagues, then stepped through the door and sealed it behind him. He gathered his breath slowly, then let his mouth snap shut before turning around to look at the others within the room. There were... six others, apparently. Uncertainly, the man moved to raise his right hand, but irritatedly pulled the sleeve down before raising it yet again with an open palm, then did a gesture akin to a hand wave. However, he decided not to reveal his name and instead shared a quick look with the other strangers inside of the room. Apparently, everyone was summoned to go up the stairs... so, silently, he joined in after the female mage, as well as the man that was apparently moving one of the other creatures using a bubble.

Edited by KuroKishi

He just… he just wanted a mirror. This whole situation was horrifying now that he had seen that he wasn't himself and he just wasn't sure how to handle it. Was it a dream? It seemed like all of his friends were here but none of them looked the same. And the strange tank that he had suddenly appeared from, what was that? Maybe going to meet with this king fellow wasn't such a bad idea. At the very least, he'd be able to get a mirror at the end of it and see what he looked like now. Plus, getting some answers onto what exactly was going on was a good thing. At the very least, he'd be able to get out of this crazy basement and possibly see where he had been taken.

So he decided to follow the two mages as they walked up the twisting, torch-lit stairs. Around halfway up, the dark stone of the basement was suddenly replaced with much lighter, white stone. Honestly, he was very surprised by the whole thing. The mage in front of him, the one who had originally tended to him, honestly seemed capable of generating forcefields with nothing more than words. How was that possible? It looked like magic but dammit, he was an adult! He wasn't supposed to believe in children's things like magic. Then, quite quickly, the stairs flattened out into an archway that the two mages were stepping through, dragging Derek along with them in the strange bubble. Taking a breath, he stepped through the archway as well and looked around.

The room was truly massive and made completely of white stone. Pillars lined the inside of the room, framing a red carpet that ran across the room. On one end, the carpet led to a wide set of doors that hung open and the male mage was walking that way, carrying Derek with him. The female mage, however, was standing to the side of the archway, holding a tapestry that had covered the doorway leading downstairs with one hand so the others could walk into the room as well. Frowning, James stepped away from the archway towards one of the massive pillars that held the roof aloft. Tentatively, he reached out and placed his hand on it, feeling the cold stone under his fingers before turning his attention to the red carpet again. The one direction seemed to lead out, but the other one led up to a tall throne made of of what looked vaguely like silver. And sitting upon the throne was a young woman with a crown on her head. A group of robed figures were standing around the throne, speaking in hushed tones as the woman nodded her head and spoke back in equally soft tones. But when one of the hooded figures noticed him, the hushed tones suddenly stopped and the room fell into silence.

"Center of the room, all of you," The female mage said, gesturing him forward more along with the others that had decided to follow. "The King is waiting for you."

With a sigh, the mage left the throne room, carrying the bubble along side him that held the unconscious hero. Walking a short distance away, he made his way along the wall before opening the door to a large bedroom. Two beds were there, one against the window and one along side the wall. There were two more bedrooms like it nearby so that the heroes would be close but would not have to share the same room. One of the rooms contained three beds, since there were an odd number of heroes. They could decide among themselves who went in what room but for now, he'd take care of this one. Thankfully, there was already some fruit water in the room that he could give Arkin when he awoke.

Just as he lowered the sphere onto the bed, the hero suddenly woke up. A deep frown appeared on the mage's face as, with a gesture, the bubble popped and the hero was left sitting on the bed. Not responding immediately, he instead moved to the nearby table and began to fill up a wooden mug from a nearby metal pitcher with the sweetened lemon water and held the mug out to the hero rather stiffly. "Here," He said rather gruffly. "I was informed you had low sugar and required juice. You should drink it before you faint again."

Derek frowned at his abruptness and took the cup and sniffed it experimentally and wrinkles his nose. "it smells too sweet.." He took a large gulp, drowning the cup quickly and made a face that would have been quite comical. He shook his head once, twice, three times while smacking his tongue and lips like a dog with peanut butter in its mouth. After this fit was over, he coughed. "Normally I would love lemon water, and quite often would eat lemons with sugar, but... apparently my palate has changed along with my ability to smell things... tell me are you wearing any cologne or scented anything.... I smell cotton, linen...wet hair, like wet dog, I suppose that is me with this thing... attached to my posterior.." He poked the limp furry appendage and it twitched slightly. "Can you tell me if that mage.... Person all right? I don't like harming others, but.... I get that way when I panic. This is all very strange and far to much to take in at once. "

Clarence wasn't usually one to go against the crowd, so, he followed the others. Up the stairs he went, a new sort of anxiety bubbling in his chest. Heroes' Day? How would everybody receive them? What if they weren't the heroes everybody expected them to be? These thoughts kept him from noticing the area around him, which caused him to knock over one of the sconces on the wall as he turned. Or, his wings knocked them over. Ears flattening, he hurried further up the steps to avoid his own accident.

The room was...beautiful. Everything looked chiseled out of marble-no, silver? He wasn't sure. His bare feet dug into the plush red carpeting as he looked around. Wow...He'd never seen anything like it before! This wasn't anything like any of the grand buildings he had had a chance to enter! A bark of an order from a female mage, and he herded himself closer to James. Anxiety prickled at his thoughts and chewed on his insides. Was this going to turn out okay? He wasn't sure.

Rob sighed. Now he had to follow the crowd. If he did what wolf boy did, the people would have his head. What was this 'Heroes Day' anyway? Whatever it was, he was no hero. In fact, he would either be a villan or the violent sidekick. A very violent dog, rather. Maybe one with rabies. For some reason, he felt....BAD....for almost roasting the person earlier. WHAT?! I do not feel bad! Nope! But for some reason, he did. What was this? King? He stomped up the steps, grumbling.

Wow. The room.....who could afford this? Not even the President could! Well, they wouldn't bother to use the money. Wowzers! Rob almost got a headache from staring at the majesty of the room. The red carpet was so fluffy....and when Rob looked down, he realized that he had claws on his feet. And his hands. Alright, anybody mind telling me why I have something stuck under my shirt and in my pants?

The young man's eyes shifted around rapidly as he went up the stairs, following the two mages that were in front of him, as well as the other person that had joined them a second before he had begun to scale upward.

His gaze immediately noticed the change of color somewhere along the middle of the staircase. So, if they were emerging from the basement and were moving from dark to light... that would mean they were coming out somewhere outside, no? He could only hope for now, really, as the twisted stairs continued to move upward and he obediently followed them along.

For now, Leon decided to turn to watch the... strange sphere that was holding one of the other captives. Apparently, the man was somehow kept inside of a limited space by energy that he could never explain to himself. The air around this force shimmered very noticeably when one of the man's body parts came closer to it... but it never let itself be torn open and instead pushed back, as if it had a power of its own.

Silently, he turned to look at the actual man held back by the sphere. He was quite tall and had to remain with his knees folded in order to fit properly inside of the barrier. The man had a slim body that was built mainly around length. His hair was white, and he could barely make out a couple ears that emerged amidst his snowy strands. A long white tail came out from around his backside and flowed down to the lower part of his legs. His clothing was almost pyjama-like, really - loose and soft-looking. This... wolf-boy seemed rather unfitting for the seriousness that filled the air.

A light from somewhere above momentarily blinded Leon, causing him to pause and raise his hand to block the bright stream that flooded downward. His eyes gradually adapted as the first three in front of him emerged from the tunnel, and by the time he'd reached the exit, he had dropped his hand back down and was now comfortable with the light.

An archway that encircled the exit lead into a new room, covered entirely in white stone. Pillars lined the two sides of the room and emphasised the crimson carpet that went down the corridor's length even futher. Far down the long hall, he could see... something truly interesting.

A throne of silver stood upon an elevated platform, seperated from the main floor by a few, long steps. The carpet spread out from the middle of the room and covered the entire staircase, along with the elevation. It felt even more special that way. Sitting on the throne was a young woman, bearing a King's ornamental piece - a crown. Men with robes just like the 'mages' from before surrounder her and conversed with her, the echo of their whispers still barely flowing through the long room. As one of the men turned around and noticed the... dark, cat-like humanoid, all sharing of words came to a stop and an order echoed out loudly through the hall.

Silently, Nox joined the two that had already taken their place on the imaginary line within the middle. The line about the 'King' waiting for him made him raise his eyebrows up in confusion. As they came to a stop somewhere closer to the throne, the man's mouth opened and he turned to the two next to him.

"Erm... my name's Leon... and you two might be...?" Leon carefully asked, having missed the moment that they had shared identities. His lips resealed faster than usual out of sheer worry, because right now, he didn't need issues with this... lady of power.

(( Whoops, edited. ))

Edited by KuroKishi

"Tiadorian Mages are not permitted to wear scents," The mage replied as he stood nearby. Despite the fact there were clearly places to sit, he did not do so and instead remained standing near the bed. "When we enter the institution, we are meant to become one with our studies and our peers. Personalized things like clothing, smells and even features are forbidden since they have only proven to get in the way of our practice." He trailed off as the wolf-man mentioned the other mage and tension started to fill the silence before he sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "You did not hurt him physically but you did make quite a mess. As I said, we embrace uniformity as mages and hide our features so that we cannot be known by them. But when you attacked him, his hood fell off and the two of us were able to see what he actually looked like. I am unsure of what will happen now since no de-hoodings have happened in my time studying here but I have heard punishment for it is severe. He will be discharged from service to the crown, at the very least."

"Leon?" James asked. Of course, if the others were his friends, this one was most likely his Leon as well. At least, he hoped so. Having him know a good portion of the people very closely and then have one odd straggler in the group be a stranger would be horribly awkward. Especially when they got to the bottom of…this. He had seen strange shields form out of nowhere, people move appendages they should even have in natural ways and some kind of forcefield that appeared and disappeared with just a gesture. Even magic tricks seemed to have their limits and, even though he tried to deny it, he seemed to embrace the fact he really was in some kind of magical place instead of at home. It could still all be a massive prank but seeing the throne room in all its glory made that seem implausible. It was just too big to hide and too expensive to just be messing with him. "It's me, James Price," He replied, gesturing to himself for emphasis.

"Good evening, Heroes of Tiadoria," a crisp voice suddenly called, the sound filling the large room with surprising ease. The cloaked figures assembled around the King retreated backwards, standing in a dark line against the wall so that they were not in the way of the conversation that would take place, but could still be summoned quite easily in case something happened or their assistance was required. But it was unlikely it would come to that. There was much to talk about and from her understanding, the heroes would want their questions answered instead of storming outside of something of that nature. Not that they would get very far anyway, having no idea what the terrain looked like any more. Much had happened in two hundred years and much had changed. "My name is King Veryl and I have been awaiting your arrival for some time now. My trusted mages have informed me that there were some problems and confusion surrounding your return here but they were not sure of all of the details." The King paused as she reached up and removed the crown from her head, setting it down on one arm of the chair. Rising to her feet, she walked down the short flight of stairs so that she was on the same level as the group, even though she was still a good distance from them. It was, after all, as close as the mages had wanted her to go after word had spread about one of the heroes nearly setting two apprentices on fire. But she had expressed her desire to approach the heroes without looking down on them and the best way to do that seemed to physically be on the same level as them. "I wanted to take this opportunity to personally welcome you to my kingdom and answer as many questions as I could for you. As soon as the situation has been properly explained and all questions are answers, you will be more than free to explore the kingdom and enjoy the festival being held in your honor. You may ask when ready."

"well if you aren't wearing anything, then it must be natural. Now, I have many questions, and I am better now, so please take me to this king person to get the answers to them, considering you are so adamant that he would give me the answers I seek. " He stood and looked at the mage.

(Kuro, Derek is in another room at the moment)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Mina looked about the room, slightly impressed with the extravagant display, but was far from being in awe. One thing was for certain and that was she didn't like standing still, especially for as long as they were. Maybe it was the coffee finally kicking in, but from what she was gathering was they were no longer on Earth, much less near a source of coffee. Lightly tapping her foot to try and alleviate her urge to walk about, she continued to wait until the... King (?) arrived.

Needless to say, Mina was surprised when a female sat upon the throne and began to slightly explain things. When she removed her crown and stepped down to their level, Mina didn't hesitate to step forward and bow slightly, out of respect for her position. So, they were free to ask questions? Well, Mina would ask the most obvious one.

"Where are we? You say we were revived, but last time I checked, James, Rob and myself were sitting inside a café, sipping on our drinks and complaining about recent events. Suddenly, the world went green and BAM! Here we are, strange world, strange bodies, and this weird urge to eat anything that I find interesting."

It was quite obvious the mages weren't going to let anyone too close to the King as they had barriers erected the moment Mina had stepped forward. Oddly, Mina sniffed at the field to try and gain some kind of idea of what it was, then shook her head and mentally questioned why she had just done that. Refocusing her attention on the King, briefly glancing back at the others, stopping at James for a brief moment.

"Also, how are you a King, when it's quite obvious that you're female? Should you not be considered a Queen then? That has been bugging me since the moment you set foot in here."

The King did not move forwards or backwards as the barrier suddenly snapped into place and the the translucent blue wall divided the room in half, separating her from the heroes.. But she did, however, raise her hand up with a sigh. Always on edge, her mages were. The hero hadn't even moved that close to her and it was hardly in a threatening manner. But after the fiasco with trying to wake them up and all of the events that followed, it seemed they were not so trusting of the heroes. But they were not willing to go against her silent command and, at her gesture, the barrier dissipated quite quickly. With a small nod, the King turned back to the woman that had spoken. "I suppose I can answer both of those questions with a story," She replied, looking at the heroes assembled before her. At least one was missing but they could always catch up to the story later. "One I believe you have forgotten with the passage of time." She took a moment to draw in a deep breath before closing her eyes.

"Two hundred years ago, the people of Tiadoria were divided. Individual kingdoms fought against one another in struggles for power and resources. It was a difficult time and many perished at the hands of their kin. But while we fought, another was watching from a place up high, beyond the clouds and the stars. As he watched, he plotted and he waited.

In the middle of our fighting, he decided to attack. Armies unlike those we have ever seen before descended from the skies and the land was covered in ash and fire. Alliances between the kingdoms that formally fought were forged in order to repel the Evil One but even by combining our strengths, the enemy's army carried magic unlike that which we've seen before. In less than a year, most of the land had been overrun and the people left alive were enslaved.

History tells that exactly two hundred years ago on this day, the enemy had managed to corner my great grandfather in this keep. It was his castle before the enemy came to us and his army was one of the last still capable of making a stand. But as they prepared to make their last stand, the Evil One himself approached the castle, demanding my great grandfather's surrender.

However, that is when the army and the Evil One were suddenly lifted from this plane of existence and banished. In their stead, seven bodies were found, hands clasped together. They had used the power of their own souls to tear open a rift into nothing and trap the Evil One and his army there, along with themselves. As one of the few surviving leaders in the world, my great grandfather was crowned King of the united land. He determined that his crown would be passed to the first child his line produced and that child would be crowned new King of Tiadoria. Generations have passed and now I am King."

When she finished speaking, the King opened her eyes again, observing the heroes one by one, her gaze lingering on each of them before returning to the female who had originally asked the question. "I believe, after consulting my mages, that your souls slipped free from the nothingness that they were trapped in and reborn elsewhere. When we tried to collect your souls, we likely pulled them not from nothing as we imagined, but from this other world in which you were reborn."

The Mage did not speak for some time but eventually he nodded and stepped away from the bed, moving towards the door on the other side of the room. "Very well, follow me. But violence will not be tolerated against our King. Hero you may be but none of us will allow you to make any threats against her." With that, he turned away and opened the door, walking down the long hallway towards the throne room.

After some silence, Robert slowly clapped. Wow. Great story.. So you are telling me that we are in some fantasy land far away from home? And that we are practically...incarnations?. Rob looked at himself. Really? Huh. They were incarnations of friends? Maybe they really were needed here. Maybe Derek was right. He shuffled his feet. Seriously, what was in his pants and shirt?

((Can I decide when Rob finds out about his tail and wings?))

Clarence listened to the others in silence, awe making it hard for him to speak up. Wow...So, it was really them that saved their world? It was hard for him to believe. He smiled slightly. So this is what it felt like to be important. Can you..tell us about who we are? I was told my supposed name, but nothing beyond that. You call us heroes, but we know little beyond the title and the fact that we died. He asked. As Mina bowed, he too did the same. His own clumsiness (or maybe lack of awareness) yet again caused a problem. As he bent over to bow, his wings shot open to smack both James and Mina. When he rose to straighten up, his dark features had tinged bright pink with shame. Oh...sorry guys...

Derek blinked and followed the mage. "This king is a woman? Not the first time I heard of such things happening, but I am calm now. Not only that but I was taught respect for authority and women, no need to fear." He was getting used to this, it was like stepping into a play his dad Michael helps direct at the high school, or a live action role play he did in the early years of college.... He was the fantasy nerd. He hoped to explain to the king about the mage. If he, and the others who he thought where his friends judging by their names being spoken during his mental break down, where heros...... well as the female said before, the mages didn't deserve such treatment... it was his mistake and his alone. He should have known to meditate and remain calm. His can harm someone and he doesn't like the thought that he almost severely injured the poor lad.

The mage didn't respond but only continued to walk down towards a large wooden door. Pushing it open with ease, he let the natural light flood into the room briefly before pressing onwards, into the warm glow. The rooms that would house the heroes were within one of the tallest towers of the castle and the open door led out to one of the walkways that connected the tower to other parts of the castle. A set of stairs, open on both sides, led directly down a platform where it connected with other steps. From there, they all led into a large building that, based on its outside regality, could easily be deduced to be the throne room. On one side of the walkway, the wall joined with a cliff that plummeted straight down into a lake. Several boats sat in a harbor below the cliff, each one sporting a massive red sail with a yellow crown sewn into it, clearly showing that the ships belonged to the crown. Other ships were in the harbor as well, but they were smaller and sported only white sails.

On the other side of the walkway, the wall went down a fair distance before leveling out into an open, flat area. Carts drawn by horses dotted the open area and all around, people were setting up small stands filled with items that they would be selling. Children ran around in the grassy fields that had not been overtaken by stalls, laughing and fighting with wooden swords. Looking around the castle entirely revealed that the entire thing was perched on an island, connected only to the mainland by a long bridge of stone. More of the castle's lands were on the main land but outside of that, the land was flat for as far as the eye could see. Nothing else was there aside from the castle. But the mage paid this no mind and only continued down the stairs, walking towards the throne room.

"You are, if your souls truly have been reborn," the King replied flatly. "After all, the spell was designed to to only draw in your souls, the souls of our heroes." She turned her gaze to Clarence and, after a short time, shook her head. "I cannot say. During the time of war, many perished and it was difficult to uncover everything about you, even after the fighting had ceased. Your names were uncovered from a book that was found on Viziel's body but most of it was in a language not of our own and we could not decipher the parts of it that had survived unless they were written in our tongue. There are individual stories from people you interacted with that survived but we cannot be sure how much of those are true." She gestured to James as she mentioned Viziel, then shrugged once more. "It is possible there are people who know more about who you were but you'll have to find them on your journey."

James stumbled forward as his head was smacked by one of the large wings plastered onto Clarence's back. He almost started to swear but quickly bit back his words at the realization he was still standing in front of a King. He couldn't swear in front of royalty. His brain seemed to be accepting everything more and more with each passing second so, instead, he just tried to straighten himself up. But either it was the fact he was taller now, or perhaps something else but either way, he quickly found himself on the ground. His balance was completely off, like some part of him had shifted forward so his weight was unequally distributed. "It's fine," He replied from the floor, slowly picking himself up, careful not to fall again. What was wrong with his balance? He wasn't exactly the most graceful person but he could usually stand, at the very least.

Turning back to the King, he bowed as well, not wanting to be perceived as rude. But at the mention of a journey, he quickly straightened upright and frowned. "Wait, what journey?" He asked, looking at his companions.

"Your journey," The King replied. "We have summoned you for a reason, after all. The magic that you used two hundred years ago is fading and we need your help in repelling the Evil One's forces again or all of Tiadoria is doomed. You've already accomplished the task once."

A hooded figure had carried the wolf boy away in a giant bubble. Okay. Summer's eyes followed the bubble curiously as the hooded figure carried the boy's limp body in it. As the group neared the top of the stairs, a archway curved over everyone's heads, supposedly to make those who entered feel small?

Her friends slowed their pace to marvel at the giant room while the hooded figure with the bubble continued walking, then disappear behind a random door in a wide set of similar doors. The hooded figures seemed well meaning enough but Summer still couldn't stop the concern for her friend slowly growing in her.

The room was made of something that looked like marble, pillars shot out of the ground on the edge of a scarlet carpet trailing to a throne made of shiny silver materiel. Or was it real silver? Summer couldn't tell, but that wasn't what had currently captured her attention. Her attention currently belonged to a young woman, a gold crown nestled in her head as she sat (with perfect posture no less) on the tall throne.

Now when the hooded figures kept going on and on about a king, Summer had assumed she would be a male so it would be a lie to say that she wasn't surprised as she looked up to the woman. Call it sexist if you will but the female king had instantly earned more respect from Summer then if she had been a fat old guy eating a drumstick as he talked to the group.

"Leon." Summer confirmed for James as the strange humanoid creature joined the group. She took back what she had thought about Clarence being the strangest creature, Leon now was running in first place. While he looked mostly human, maybe even resembling his old self, though about a great deal taller and muscular, a mass of crystals covered most of his face, cracking and then repairing itself as he spoke.

Not commenting on his new appearance or giving it much thought, Summer took her place between Mina and Leon, respect levels soaring as the woman stepped from her throne and ordered a barrier to be dispelled as she talked to the group.

Summer didn't ask her own questions, instead waiting for everyone to trip over each the others' words as they tried to all be heard at once. It didn't happen. Instead, everyone was rather well mannered as Mina asked what everyone was all wondering.

The king answered with a story of what was supposedly the groups' past lives. Summer had no idea what to make of it.

(Sorry for inactivity and post that just ended rather abruptly with a character that didn't actually do anything.)

(I have a good excuse though QQ)

Derek had stopped, ears to the side as he saw the magnificent view that seemed oddly familiar. The sails the water the smells. He heard chatter and the creaking of the boats, the wind snapping the sails. The smell of food being cooked and the grass and fresh air. He didn't know he was lagging behind until he heard a door creak and he dashed, faster then his normal speed after the cloaked figure walking next to him trying to soak up every artistic detail. He wondered how long it would be to get to the king.

The mage stopped in front of the wide set of doors that blocked entry into the throne room. Looking back, he waited patiently for Derek to catch up before reaching out and opening up one of the doors. It swung open with a surprising amount of smoothness considering how large it was. "Be careful. The other mages will not take kindly to any ill treatment of her Majesty." With that small, whispered warning, he quickly strode into the room. Instead of moving to where the heroes were standing, the mage quickly moved to the side and skirted around the edges of the room, joining the female mage standing near the tapestry that hid the door leading back where they had come from.

(Hope you like this pudding! This is my ship! xd.png ))

Derek didn't see the king on her throne, and heard talking where the other heros are. He silently walked up and stood beside James, eyes on the floor and bowed deep ears back, he straightened but kept his eyes on the floor. "I am sorry I am late your Highness.... I am sure you heard from your mages what had happened, and please, do not punish the one who tried to calm me. It is my fault, I should have known better and have have been trained to meditate when stressed. I could have severely injured him, if he didn't step back that quickly to cause his hood........ I think you know what i mean. Please, if anything punish me, it is my fault and my mistake. I will not let another take punishment for trying to protect himself......"

Derek's ears where still flattened on his head when he glanced up and froze. He thought the King, although a woman, would be in her late thirties to early fifties, but not so young and..... and...beautiful. His eyes snapped to the red carpet, a slight rose color to his pale cheeks, he grew a sudden interest in his still bare feet. They had the same thick nails on them like his finger nails. The bottoms felt rough like paw pads. He felt everything yet nothing hurt his feet, they weren't even cold. He swallowed hard ears flat and tail slightly curling around his knee. He looked without meaning too, like a dejected puppy that got caught chewing up the slippers.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Poor Derek. He's going to have to go through an army of mages if he even wants to hold hands with the King.))

The King watched as the hero she had been hearing so much about finally made an appearance. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed another cloaked figure join the others in standing nearby. But her focus quickly returned to the flustered, wolf-eared man whose eyes lingered on the floor as he tried to talk. Oh, the mage. How he had come to know that custom was something she'd have to bring up with the mages but it wasn't something to be talked about in this kind of setting. "Please, stop," she replied, raising a hand. "The laws following mages are unusual and sometimes cruel. I need time to review all that has happened and cannot make a decision at the moment. His case will be reviewed later but I can assure you it will be handled with great care. You do not need to worry."

Derek bowed again and took a few steps back so he was behind the line of heros, hands clasped behind him and head lowered to show the mages he was no threat to their king. "Thank you, your Majesty." He remains quite until the audience with the King was over, and he was the last to turn to leave. He wondered if he could get parchment, quill and ink and a brush to use. It was a good thing he was skilled in every medium for art, well... metal and clay sculpting weren't his strong suit...

Mina sighed softly and looked to Clarence with a smirk forming on her face, jabbing his shoulder lightly and then putting a finger to her lips.

"Oh, I slipped."

Still, all this information they had been given, and the lack of certain specifics, made Mina ponder deeply about who it was they had been. Heroes of the past, over two centuries ago to boot, and now they were being 'summoned' to once again fight this evil being they had supposedly sealed away. Suddenly, Mina had an epiphany and took a few paces closer to the King, careful not to come across as threatening to the already hesitant mages guarding her.

"Wait just one moment. If we, our past selves, supposedly sealed this being's soul or whatever into a void of nothingness with our own souls, is it not likely that his soul also slipped out into a separate realm as we supposedly did? How do we not know that this evil being isn't in our world, reaping havoc even now and we're stuck here to defend against an unlikely threat to this realm? How do we even return to the bodies we had been in? Would they be in a state of comatose?"

Mina kept stepping forward with each question, emphasis and curiosity lingering in her tone as she spoke. This was a thrill unlike any other and she wasn't sure whether to be excited, scared, nervous, confused, or worried. When she returned from the depths of her thoughts, Mina stopped and quickly back peddled until she was once again a reasonable distance from the King.

"To top it off, how can you expect us to fend off this impending doom when some of us can hardly control these bodies of ours? I mean, I feel like I'm chewing on glass when I talk."

"Bodies without souls simply sleep until they are inhabited by a soul once more," The King replied. Well, at least that was what happened when they had created the bodies. By all means, the vessels they had created were alive before they used magic to bring back the souls of the heroes. Their hearts drummed in their chests, blood coursed through their veins. Without souls, the bodies would have remained asleep forever. She could only assume that the heroes bodies would do the same. "That being said, we did not realize your souls would be attached to new bodies. I will have to consult my mages on the matter but it would be a wise idea to hurry on with your quest. Souls are not meant to be shared between bodies, after all."

The King looked at Mina carefully before looking past her at the others. The Mages had yet to draw a barrier up in front of her but it turned out they did not have to as Mina quickly moved backwards anyway. "I can understand your apprehension to the task but you are the only ones we can rely on. Those more attuned with the magic infused in this world have been sensing the presence of him long enough to know he is attempting to return to this realm. Signs of his coming have come more and more frequently of late, especially to the North of this castle. He is breaking his way into this realm, if he hasn't already come back. You may not feel the same and you may not remember yourselves but there is no mistaking the fact you are the ones who saved us before. This realm calls on you to do it again. You must try, for the sake of all of us."

((sorry for not posting eeeep! 3DS lagging causes for difficult times ;-; Should get at least somewhat better tomorrow))

Robert was not one to believe in such things, but his gut was telling him that he needed to. After all, in a wacko place like this, any of them could die. He walked up to his friends. James? Mina? Derek? Clarence? Summer? Leon? All you are here? For once in his life, his tone softened a teensey weensey bit. He hated this feeling in his gut, to be kind. He was not kind. Kind didn't exist to him.

((sorry for crappy post, got nothing to say .–.))

Derek's ears perked up hearing his name and he stepped forward to look at the line of strange creatures that where his friends. He coughed until he had all the attention with his quite, and poetic voice heavy landed with a British and German accent combined he spoke to the rest of them. "I do believe that a "I told you so" is in order here.... Did I not say when we where teens that we must he been friends in another life and you wrote me off by saying "you read to many sci-fi books Derek" or "You watch to much Star Trek Derek" -by the way you can never watch to much Star Trek but i digress.... anyway.... I did tell you so... You all believe the overactive imaginative artist now?" He folded his arms across his chest tapping his foot.