pudding

Reincarnated

((Sorry for the late post! I was sleeping.... :/))

Rob couldn't belive it. Calm? Him? He was never calm! Everybody knew that! Calm? How do you expect me to be calm! I woke up in green liquid, NAKED, and you are saying all these crazy things! This is an outrage! Rob still couldn't believe it. You talk like I am in some fantasy book! Tell me what the hell is going on and THEN I might calm down! If what you say is believable...

((Hehehehehehe, they might have to drag him out in chains if he doesn't calm down in the next couple of posts..heheh))

The stranger's words were right! To Clarence's surprise, he felt small hoops in his eyebrows as well. His hand then drifted to his left ear, where... Oh my God, are these my ears?! So he had a lot more than just wings! He stopped his own gawking immediately when the other man in the room began to grow hostile. Maybe...it's best if we don't talk to your king right away. He suggested. After all, whatever you did to us is terribly taxing and takes a long time to recover from mentally and physically. Though...If you want us to recover quickly, I recommend sugar. Low blood sugar is common during taxing things like this. He couldn't help but puff up a little with the chance to use his medical training. He was proud of it, what could he say? Maybe...Maybe you could let us walk around a little? It's pretty intimidating to only have two rooms to go back and forth to.

Edited by shadow_claw

The stone flooring was cold against her bare feet. Summer wondered if it was appropriate to ask for shoes. Probably not.

Summer forgot about the shoes the moment the woman mentioned her friends. That word had an automatic link to an emotion that she didn't have to tell herself she had to feel. So she allowed herself to hope. The change in the transition from confusion to hope was subtle, her facial expression still the same but she had tilted her chin up and had suddenly started walking a tiny bit faster.

Friends. Friends. Friends. Friends. Friends. Friends.

Everything would be all right if they were here.

She didn't question the nonsense the woman was spouting about a king. With a dark room that lacked any light filled with unimaginable horrors at the back of her mind, Summer opened the door, her body tense and ready to run or fight but the more positive side of her allowed her to hope that her friends were all okay and waiting for her in that room.

The room well lit up, which was a relief however the first thing that caught Summer's attention was a circular table where three strange beings sat. They were all male and the most normal of the three looked 100% human but his height and black eyes were certainly noticeable. He was fully clothed and looked rather frustrated.

The second had white hair and a pair of wolf ears. Those expensive ones you could buy offline? They looked so real though.

The most bizarre of the three was sprouting two pairs of wings, his ears were abnormally large and his face was covered in piercings. Not only that, his eyes were a unnatural gold color that contrasted with dark skin. Despite that, she really liked his eyes, gold had always been a favorite color of hers.

Still like an deflating balloon her hope quickly diminished. These people bared no resemblance to her friends.

"Mina? Derek? Anyone? James? Please answer me."

Catching onto the last piece of hope before it could escape her, Summer called out to her friends like a lost child searching for its mother, as if Mina would suddenly wake up from her nap and sit up, or that Derek would just casually stroll down the stairs.

As a door opened, Clarence automatically diverted his attention to it. Who was behind it, well, she had to be the strangest out of all of them. A plant-woman. what were they called...Nymphs? Yeah, maybe she was one of those. He opened his mouth to greet the stranger, but froze once she called out for all-too-familiar names. How...How do you know the names of all my friends? He asked dryly. Was this some kind of coincidence? It had to be, right? Was she one of his friends back on Earth? He only knew of one other girl in their group of friends. S...S-Summer?

The mage in charge of Chrystyne quickly slipped past her, moving with silence to the other mages in the room. The apprentices had gathered by the archway that led to the stairs so that they were out of the way but could still watch what was going on and help if needed. But the mages quickly moved a few paces away from the table and began whispering to one another. Though their voices carried a bit in the room, the language they were speaking in clearly was not English and sounded more akin to the jingling of small bells. Finally, the mage in charge of Chrystyne took a step away and moved quickly in the direction of the staircase, leaving the room with a huff. Another of the mages, the one in charge of Arkin quickly followed but instead of immediately leaving, he spoke with a few of the apprentices before taking about half of them with him up the flight of stairs. With a sigh, the two mages left turned back to the group and waited, not speaking at all.

James looked up quickly when he heard his own name, along with the names of a few of his friends. Were they actually here? He really just wanted to see them so he could have a break from all of this crazy. But instead of seeing one of his friends, a green-haired girl in a dress appeared in one of the doorways. Oh... never mind. It was just more weirdo cultists. What did he even do to deserve this? Was it some kind of punishment? If so, what had he done? But what did catch his attention was the man in the wings also responding to the names as if they were his friends. Surely not. He'd never seen this man before in his life! "I think we're talking about different people," he responded, looking at the green-haired girl. "Because my name is James and I've never seen any of you before in my life."

"I told you already," The mage replied, looking up at the angered hero with a slight frown on her lips. Perhaps calling in other mages was a good idea. And getting her apprentices out of the way was a better one. "You were dead and we brought you back to life after a passing of two hundred years. You were without clothes because the plasma cannot properly transport minerals to your body when fabric is in the way and the green liquid was the plasma." She took a step forward, staring up at him with a frown. "If you have other questions, you will need to ask them to the King. But I will not take you to him until you calm yourself."

Summer blinked, surprised as the wing man spoke. It wasn't that she assumed he couldn't talk, more like she had completely blocked the three out in her search for her friends so she wasn't expecting a reply from the three. She definitely didn't expect for the winged man to know her name.

"Yes. My name is Summer." She answered carefully, a fleeting thought told her she should be wondering why he knew her name. He had mentioned have friends with similar names. She didn't know any of these guys but the winged man had spoke to her with recognition yet she was sure that if she had been acquainted with this man, she would remember.

Etiquette. They expect you to ask them their names.

"May I ask for yours?" Summer questioned with a small tilt of her head, then quickly figured she should clarify, "Your name I mean." She never had been good at talking to strangers.

Summer noticed the quick decline of number of hooded figures as she started her conversation with the winged man. She payed it no mind, the frustrated boy directing his words at her caught her attention.

"Nor have I you. I'm looking for a Price. James Price. Hes short, brown hair and blue eyes. 25 years of age." Summer responded with a short description of her friend, "Maybe you've seen him?"

Instantly did Clarence rise from his hair, shock registering across his face. No way. That wasn't just some kind of coincidence. It couldn't be. Shock soon melted away to elation. She knew James. It had to be her! He wasn't alone! The young man rushed forward, wrapping the girl in his arms in a hug. His wings, too, folded around her. I was so scared I was alone. It's me, it's Clarence. Thank God you're here. He was surprised how emotional he suddenly felt. He had to focus on his expression as he felt tears fill his eyes. His lips trembled, as if he was going to cry. He wasn't alone. He was okay now because Summer was here.

((Poor Clarence is just too mushy sometimes <3 ))

Edited by shadow_claw

Summer stiffed as the winged man got out of his chair and embraced her, claiming he was Clarence. She wasn't much a fan of strangers touching her. Or impersonating her friends. The latter didn't happen as often. Or at all. She still didn't like it though.

She was about to disagree with the winged man, that no he was not Clarence, because Clarence didn't have wings though those wings could easily be excused as a costume, Clarence didn't have piercings, that he was shorter and his ears weren't as big.

Those words never left her mouth, because she then thought of her green hair and pale skin. If they had altered her appearance, what would stop them from altering his? Still, she couldn't just blindly believe him like that.

Question. Question. Something that only he would know.

"How did we spend your eleventh birthday?" Summer suddenly questioned, neck tilted up to look into his face with her expressionless gaze. Her eleventh year of life was pretty important to her, because that was when she had met them.

Rob sighed. He wasn't one to calm down, but maybe this has dragged on far enough. Fine. I'll calm. Take me to your silly King. I still was never dead. Rob stood up. Seriously, what was in his pants? And under his shirt? He felt like his teeth were sharper. He also fealt a strange extra weight on his head. And on his back. Some King, stuffing people into 'plasma' and 'bringing them back to life' even though they were never dead in the first place. There isn't even a king anymore, unless i am in some foreign country. Even then. Rob crossed his arms. Well, are we going or not? The angry kid rushed forward, not too much of an idea where he was going.

His eleventh birthday...Clarence remembered it well. Even though they had a three year difference between then, they were friends instantly. Noting Summer's discomfort, however, he took a step back and reluctantly released her. As he spoke, he wiped his eyes. I invited everyone to my house. It was the first time any of you guys had been there, and you thought I lived in a zoo. When we were eating cake, one of the deer we were fostering ate Derek's. He mumbled in a reply. That had been a fun day. Derek had gotten really upset, so Clarence's parents brought him back a bigger piece than he previously had. The fond memory brought a pang of sadness with it. He couldn't go back. He was stuck here (wherever that was), away from his family and his life. His parents must be so worried! It all brought on waves of guilt and sadness. He never even got to say goodbye..

Derek faintly heard his name but thoughts where else where. His Father, Carlos(guy with glasses) and dad, Michael(guy with blonde hair) would be devastated to come back and find their only son unresponsive. He once again was in denial thinking it was a dream, a all too real dream. He got up abruptly shoving the heavy wooden table several inches without even knowing and began to pace back and forth, running fingers through his hair. "I wanna to go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go hroooomme!!" He howled then waved his hands in front of his face, fanning himself leaning against the wall.

This action was very girly and something he picked up from his father, anyone who knows Derek closely would know this action would mean two things: A) he was going to break down in heavy sobbs, B) he would turn extremely violent. This violent action only happened three times, and only once did he and Robert(if ok Esko) beat each other up because Rob teased him for being girly. Derek; his dad having know he would be bullied for having two dads, knew karate and was a orange belt at the time was evenly matched with Rob and they both promptly beat each other senseless.

Derek right now looked like he was going to cry and flip the table as fear and rage flowed through him.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Yeah, I like that. Let's go with it ;3))

Okay, what were they playing at now? Sure he hadn't given his last name but that was clearly him. "Wait, what do you mean?" he asked, standing up and gesturing to himself. This made no sense. They were speaking and acting as if they were his friends but they looked nothing like them. And the one who was supposed to be Summers hadn't even recognized him! "I'm James Price. I was just sitting in a cafe with my friends when I was drugged and dragged here." he frowned and looked between the two of them, seeing no trace of his friends at all. But the one who was supposed to be Clarence knew an awful lot about him. "Can someone just tell me what's going on?" he asked, slapping his hand down on the table.

"Please calm down," one of the Mages said, raising his hands. It was the one who had attended to Suilis. The one who had attended to Viziel had his hands clasped together and his head bowed. The light words like bells were flowing past his lips at a great speed. "We can send you back where you came from if that is your desire. But please, attend the meeting with the King first. We need your help desperately, heroes. We can all explain in the presence of the King."

The Mage nodded and quickly opened the door, revealing the others and the chaos going on. Frowning, she quickly walked out of the room ahead of the hero, her eyes hidden by the good but her body language showing that she was irritated. "What is going on?" She demanded, frowning deeply. "Enough of this! If you are all healthy enough, let us go meet with the King now. There are plenty of you here and we can get all of this sorted out peacefully."

Rob walked in. Weird. So you 'revived' others too? Welp, I am not the only one dragged here. Rob looked around. What the hell was going on? He walked to them. Do you guys know anything else about this? This has got to be a dream... Rob muttered the last part, putting his (clawed) hand on his forehead.

Two words never should be said to Derek in this state by a stranger, those two where precisely "calm down". He lashed out with a ferocious snarl claws slashing open the mage's robes. "Don't tell me to calm down! This isn't earth! This isn't my home! Who ever you think I am I am not him! I save animals not people! People don't give a Shi-........Damn about! The only ones I care for are my Papa, and my dad, my dog Lilly and my six friends! I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU EXPLAIN SOME censorkip.gif TO ME!" He went white faced and turned to the woman in the room. "please pardon my sudden outburst... I would never curse in front of a lady, but this is just asking to much."

Is was Clarence. Relief washed over her, glad that she wasn't in this alone. Filling in those steps that he had backed away from her, Summer reached up and gave the much taller man a hug.

"Clarence. It is you. I'm so glad your here." and then quieter, "It looks like we were kidnapped. We should find a way to escape, don't worry, I'll protect you." She told him earnestly with a small nod.

She pulled away from Clarence as the wolf boy suddenly started to throw a temper tantrum, demanding that he be released and sent home. He yelled at a hooded woman as she tried to calm him, clawing at her.

The black eyed boy approached Clarence and her, claiming that he was James and then demanded to know what was going on. Summer didn't doubt the black eyed boy was James. She watched as a hooded man promised their release as long as they met this king of theirs. They promised the king would explain everything.

(( Oh boy, late introductions... ))

"So, doc, how are things down there?" Leon asked curiously and slightly twitched as the foreign touch continued to tickle him.

"Yeah... not too good, I'm afraid. We have to take care of it." The young female in front of him responded as she continued to analyze him.

"Yeah... agreed. How much?" The man asked whilst silently patting his pocket. His eyes widened slightly when he noticed that his wallet was not in his pocket.

"Cash? No, no... it's on the house. I owe you enough favors already, might as well repay one. Now, just stand still for a moment..." She said and moved her hands to slightly lift him up. His eyes slightly dimmed down and he thanked himself mentally, because he was truly lucky.

"Actually... it isn't that bad. You truly are lucky. It could've been far worse." The young woman replied, as if she had read his mind, as she slid out the tongue depressor from the young man's mouth and finally allowed him to snap it shut. Apparently, Leon was one of the many new victims of the viral flu that was spreading in the country. Though he couldn't exactly recall how he had gotten sick, he wagered that it had probably happened whilst he was at work.

"Since it's a virus, antibiotics won't work. Hm... get a pack of Advil and some Bayer... if it gets really painful, dissolve two tabs of Aspirin in lukewarm water and drink up." The woman spoke to him, having already taken a seat in the chair on her desk, and started writing down the medication, as well as dosages of the drugs, on a prescription note. He silently stared at her squiggles and swirly lines. Why did doctors have such horrible handwriting? And how the hell did pharmacists figure out what was written on there?

Finished, the woman ripped off the piece of paper and handed it to the young bartender. He silently took it, then tried to say he'd pay her later, but was silenced by the woman's gesture. She really didn't seem to care for the money.

"Stay indoors, drink warm fluids and don't eat anything that can irritate your throat. Now get going." The doctor finished and turned to the computer. With a grateful nod, Leon shoved the piece of paper into his pocket, turned around and walked through the door, then shut it once he was outside. He stepped down the long corridor and finally reached the entrace, then came out through the set of double doors.

A vibration from within his pocket caught his attention and made him draw his phone. Apparently, there were new messages on the group chat, and he had missed some of them.

Unaffected by the cold air blowing against his jacket-covered frame, Leon walked along the sidewalk and scrolled through the messages, making sure to read them one by one. A small smile spread along his lips as he checked Derek's picture. Dogs were something he liked. He wished he could get a husky, or a german shepherd, but... his mother had allergies, so it'd lead to much more problems than he wanted to have. Plus, a desire was something he could overcome - his mother, on the other hand, could not get over an allergy... so it was obvious that he would keep his wish aside, especially if it would interfere with someone's health.

Silently, he read through the other texts. His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he read that some of his friends had trouble sleeping, too. Was it the flu causing issues for everyone? Or was it just a coincidence?

Subconciously swering to the right to dodge an oncoming teenager, the young man continued walking forward for a while and then took a sharp left into another street. This one was more familiar to him. The one that he had spent his childhood on... or, at least, most of his usual afternoon routine. He placed the phone back in his pocket after locking it and shoved both his hands into his pockets, then moved forward.

Memories flooded back from his past as Leon walked down the street. He passed a nearby tree in a garden and recalled how many times he and the others had spent time together under it. His gaze shifted to the other side of the street and noticed the small park. A new set of memories came with the vision he had. Sessions of hide-and-seek, Simon says and many other children's games passed through his mind, causing his smile to slightly widen. And... if he was right, he was about to approach the place that they had often went to, as teenagers.

Sure enough, when Leon turned to look at the left, he found himself staring at some of his friends. This café was one of their main attractions, really. Even if one of them used to come here, at first... the seven would often gravitate to this small establishment and take a seat inside to have coffee and chat. Now, they had to work and take care of their families... but they still spent time whatever little free time they had together, just like before.

However, the young man's smile faded away as he turned back forward and continued walking. Though he terribly wished to join the rest, he knew it would be wrong. In fact, he was the one with the flu. Going to spend time with them somewhere and then getting all of them sick was something he really, really wanted to avoid. So, for now, he released a sigh and instead whipped his phone out. Sliding the lock mechanism downward to grant himself access to his device, he let his fingers move across the screen and typed in a small message for them to see. With a single button press, he sent it off.

Slightly relieved after the message, Leon noticed that he was actually nearing his apartment. His gaze became calmer as he saw the familiar entrance and walked up to it, then pushed the door open and went inside. Slowly, he scaled up the stairs until he reached the third floor. Then, stopping in front of door 304, he retrieved a key from his jacket's inner pocket and jammed it into the keyhole.

The door let out a slight crack as the bolt mechanism swung back into the assembly and now allowed the entire door to move forward. He silently retrieved the key and placed it in his pocket, along with the phone that was still in his hand. Pressing the handle down, Leon opened the entryway and went through it, then sealed it once again without bothering to turn around. As soon as he let go of the knob, a small beep resonated from the ceiling above him. The signal's function soon became evident as the housing's heating system activated itself and started to warm the cold rooms.

Slowly, Leon walked into his living room, then promptly dropped the folded sheet of paper on his coffee table and plopped face down on the sofa beside it. A yawn resonated from him as he struggled to push himself off, but couldn't find the strength to do so. Apparently, his body was content with him sleeping face-first on something that was not his bed. Not that he could blame it - a sore throat that hurt everytime he tried to swallow, as well as vivid dreams that he couldn't explain, had kept him up all night for two days now. Only last night had he catched some proper Z's and gathered enough strength to get out of bed for more than a meal or a visit to the toilet. Now that he had used the energy to go to the doctor, he'd have to sleep again.

Or, at least, he would try to.

Suddenly, Leon's eyes snapped open. Something was wrong. He determinedly pushed himself off the sofa and rose to his feet. There was a strange feeling of unease in his stomach... was he about to vomit?

Instincts came over as he slowly started to shuffle toward the toilet and mentally began to prepared himself for the stress ahead. However, his eyes were suddenly... covered by what appeared to be a green filter. Why was he seeing green, all of a sudden?

Dashing forward worriedly, the young man swung the bathroom door open and immediately ran over to the sink. He placed both hands on the side and stared at his reflection in the mirror. Although the green vision had disappeared, he found nothing that could explain why his vision had changed. Apparently, he was getting a new sickness. Visual hallucinations, coupled with vomiting and drowsiness. Maybe he was seeing things because he had a flu and was dehydrated?

One of his hands shot up to feel his forehead, but quickly dropped back down when he confirmed that he was not burning up. Then, as if on cue, his vision warped and distorted again. A thick layer of green was now covering his eyes, and he could definitely feel it, too.

He opened his mouth and attempted to breathe in, but there was no air... only some strange liquid... that he could not see. His lungs started to burn as he leaned forward and retched. He opened his mouth... but nothing came forward. Still, however, his chest was heavy... and now, the only thing he could see was green.

He pounded at the sink's ceramic surface as he struggled to hold himself up. However, his lungs were failing him. Deprived of oxygen, they felt like they were being burned still within his body. The man coughed rapidly in futile attempts to clear his throat, but nothing was changing. Finally, Leon's eyes glossed over, and the support of his limbs disappeared. His limp body fell down and miraculously leaned itself on the wall, leaving him with only a minor injury on the head. Not that it mattered... The only thing left of him was the phone, which was still open, as he hadn't bothered to lock it. He knew he'd get a response soon enough. The client still showed the chat service and his last message, moments before his strange collapse and ultimate demise.

Wish I could be there with you, guys...

At first, the humanoid within the glass tank barely moved. However... slowly, it was gaining its senses back and it started to actively move its body. Its legs shook around chaotically and made it slightly move within the tank, whilst its hands shot out and leaned onto the glass, as if seeking support.

At that moment, a section of its lower face split open. The two pieces seemed to move on their own as some of the tank's contents poured into his body and joined the fluid that had already gone in through his nostrils. Sounds of choking resonated from within the glass as the man inside attempted to breathe in, but was stopped by the green concoction that had by now filled his lungs completely. Bubbles rose up to the ceiling and promptly disappeared.

All of a sudden, the humanoid's eyes opened up. Two dark blue orbs rapidly appeared and disappeared as the man blinked to let his vision adjust to the water. After adapting, he slowly reopened his eyes, then stared through the murky waters and at the outside. Through what appeared to be glass in front of him, he could see three human-like figures. One had its arms crossed, whilst two others were standing behind it and were seemingly waiting for something.

Thankfully, said something came rather quickly. The trio outside immediately sprang to action when they saw signs of life.

"Get the Hero out of there, now!" A muffled voice echoed out from outside the container, causing the two figures that were waiting before to immediately move toward the sides and pull down levers. However... something happened.

"Why is it not going down?!" The man outside yelled as he turned to stare at the two apprentices. His eyes went wide when he spotted their mistake.

"You idiots! I told you, first it's the left, then after three seconds it's the right! Why would you pull BOTH at the same time?!" He screamed in anger as he turned to the glass case.

The man inside seemed to have heard them just right. It was evident in his eyes - they were wide-open and filled with panic. The mage in front of the contained groaned and drew his iron staff, then slammed it against the container's side. The material of the glass was left with only a scratch.

"Dammit, it's tougher than I thought! Quickly, help me before we lose him!" He yelled out and the two apprentices followed suit. The three moved in front of the casing and delivered blow after blow at the glass. It slowly cracked, but showed no signs of breaking.

Then... the unthinkable happened. As Leon felt himself fading away from conciousness yet again... his will to survive took over. Maybe it was the mental stress of already dying once, or maybe it was something, or someone, else. However, he let himself drop to the bottom of the water-filled cage. Once it set his feet firmly on the ground, the humanoid drew its arm back... and then threw it forward in a powerful punch.

Weakened by the blows of the mages, the glass shattered and made way for the stone being's fist. Green liquid rapidly drained out of the new opening as the man within slumped to the ground. His arm slid through the sharp-edged hole, but was miraculously left undamaged. He could barely feel his legs and arms... it was like he was a newborn. An emergency release activated within the machine of unknown origins, causing the remaining glass to slide upward and into its slot. Finally, the process was over.

Leon was left coughing for minutes as he forcefully cleared his pathways of the green, tasteless ooze. The two apprentices that had taken a moment to stare at him immediately moved to his fallen body and helped him back up by hoisting him on their shoulders. The two hefted the being and moved it over to the table, letting it take a seat on the edge. Then, they immediately began to wipe the remaining agent off his body. As one of the two nameless trainess reached for the man's crotch, his hand flew out and took the towel, then covered his privates. His mouth opened with an audible crack as the formed crystal split in two.

"That... is for me..." The young man finally spoke out after a moment of silence, then felt his mouth seal itself anew. He noted his strange, new tone. It was... rugged, worn. As if he was no longer... that human.

Leon looked down at what was visible of his form... and his eyes widened with both suprise and horror. His fair complexion was a thing of the past. Now... he had rough, charred skin that seemed as dark as black granite. What suprised him even further was the strange shape that was spreading from somewhere around his neck all the way to a bit over his groin. At first, it was a translucent, slightly white color. As he focused on it, however... it seemed to gain a life of its own and lit up with a dark, navy blue color that slightly pulsated.

Questions befuddled the young man's concious as he sought to make sense of what he could see.

Had he been drugged? Was this a new hallucination? Did he somehow die? He had to get answers, now. His head shakily rose up from looking at his body... to the man in robes across him. He split his mouth yet again, yet struggled to find the words... and felt it bind back together. This time, he reopened it far more audibly.

"I demand... an explanation." Leon muttered to the man in front of him, his gaze both ferocious and pissed. He was not about to take this lightly, whether this was an experiment of sorts, a secret drug still in development, a simple prank, a kidnapping... or a new world.

It has been done. The heroes of the past... have been born anew.

(( Well... being late also means you have a ton of material to work with, too. No worries, all my posts won't be hulking towers like this one. :3 ))

Edited by KuroKishi

Mina, stern faced, had agreed to follow this strange man towards the lobby where, hopefully, the rest of her friends would be. Yet, it was no sooner than leaving her area did she hear the murmuring, the complaining, the yelling, and the worrying of several others echoing down the stony walls of this strange place. Breaking away from her escort, Mina followed the noises until she came upon a room with several other... odd beings.

"Uhh, excuse me, but do any of you know where my friends might be? I'm looking for a James, he's a bit of a dunce, but a good guy. Then there's Rob, quiet most of the time, but once you get him riled up or loose, he's like a cannon. We were all just at a café and then James started choking... the world went black and then... I woke up in a strange green liquid."

Mina looked about at the others, unsure of what kind of stance to take, crossing one arm across her chest, pulling her other arm closer to her side and shuffling her feet slightly. Maybe someone in this room would know and if they didn't, she would demand answers from this King that the robed men had spoke of.

Derek waved his hands in front of his face again hyperventilating. He looked at the striped girl in confusion and panic trying to breathe. He leaned heavily on the table claws digging in to the wood. "Oh dear....." He muttered as his eyes rolled back and he collapsed. This was just far to much to ask, he had ears and a tail for crying out loud! He was certainly no hero and Arkin was the name of the Husky Mina gave him on his tenth birthday.... Derek lay on the stone floor motionless.

The Mage that had taken care of Viziel was between Derek and the other Mage in an instant. His voice grew in intensity as the words he spoke flowed together into one continuous stream of syllables. From his outstretched palms, a blue film suddenly appeared. In an intense flash, the blue bubble had surrounded himself and the other Mage, defending them both from the claws of the hero. The second Mage stumbled backwards, his hood falling away from his head as he tried to get away from the assault that had nearly happened. Light hair fell around his face as green eyes stared at Derek from behind the other Mage. There was fear in those green eyes as the Mage clasped a hand across his chest and quickly pulled his hood up again, trying to cover his face.

"I don't care about your swears," the female Mage stated as she walked closer to him. "I care about your sudden outburst! We have done nothing to harm you and have tried to help in every way possible. Do not think you can harm one of us without consequence." She frowned at him before looking at the rest of them. It was enough. "We will go to the King now. If you try to attack anyone there, you will go restrained. I will not tolerate violence." When the man suddenly collapsed, she rolled her eyes and raised a hand to her head to pinch the bridge of her nose.

"Mina?" James asked, staring at the girl who had appeared. It didn't look anything like his friend but she knew him. Actually knew him, not just a description. Standing, he quickly moved away from the table. It didn't look at all like her and while the voice sounded different, Mina was the only one who called him a dunce. But how could she be Mina?

That was when he finally noticed his own hand. Really noticed. A long sleeved coat had covered most of his arm but his hands... That wasn't his skin. His skin was lighter than that, not nearly as tanned. Jumping back a great deal, he stared at both of his hands accusingly then looked up again, this time terrified. "What's wrong with me?" he asked, his hands rising to feel his hair. No unusual ears, thank god. But that hair wasn't his either. How did he not notice before?! "can someone get me a mirror?" he asked hoarsely, his voice barely above a whimper.

Oh, thank god. If he had killed one of the heroes on accident, that would have been his head. But he was still alive and though it had been a little hectic at first, at least the procedure had worked. "We-my companions and I-have revived you," he explained as his apprentices scrambled to gather towels and clothing to help the hero. They seemed even more flustered than him but considering they had messed up in the first place... Well, they were going to get some bad jobs later on. Things like that couldn't be taken lightly. "It has been some time since your soul was here so I recommend taking some time to get used to your body once more. You do have a meeting soon but if you need time, I can inform the others."

"Revived?" Leon muttered curiously as the anger in his eyes momentarily faded away. His mouth resealed itself as he continued to ponder about the man's words. What the hell did this man mean by that?

"But... I can clearly remember... I..." The gap around his lips reopened as he muttered his words and grew silent. So silent, in fact, that the bonding process of the crystal was easily audible by anyone within the room. He gazed past the man and to the cell he had been inside of moments ago. The young man's mind wandered back to memories of sci-fi shows and comic books. This tank, along with its green color, truly seemed like a trademark 'cloning chamber'. Not that the concept seemed possible to him - the rest of the enviroment around him was of a medieval time at best, and none of the men seemed to know a lot about how the strange machine worked - but for a moment, his curiousity was piqued. However, he soon switched back to a serious thought process. For all he knew right now, he was on a new world. The sensations were all very real, after all, and... though he was not one to easily believe, the calm and collected tone of the man in front of him had made him wonder if he was truly not born anew. Silent moments passed by as he weighed his options mentally, then made an opinion of everything that was happening. Finally, after a moment, his mouth snapped back open.

"Alright..." Leon exclaimed as his lips parted, then pushed himself slowly off the edge whilst the two parts came together. Landing on his feet, the hero slightly wobbled around. However, slowly, the drowsy feeling, as well as the one of sickness faded away, and he was only left with... getting used to his new body. The man's mouth split open anew as his expression turned to one filled with confidence.

"For now... I shall play along. Do not worry about my body, I tend to adapt quickly..." He exclaimed and took a moment to grab the clothes off the apprentices' hands, then started to slip into them. Undergarments went onto his body, followed by simple, dark pants. He also put on a dark blue shirt... and met difficulty once he pulled it over his shoulders. Ignoring the way his mouth sewed itself shut, Leon noticed something... poking out his back. It was an uneven ridge that seemed jagged and strangely crystaline. Irritatedly, the man pulled the front of the shirt, causing the material to rip open and make way for the protrusions on his back. It would be messy, he thought... until he felt how the torn material enveloped tightly around his skin and left strange openings around the base of his unusual growth. Apparently, this was a special, adaptable shirt. After placing on the boots that the man retrieved from the apprentices, Leon turned back to the robed man in front of him.

"Take me to this... meeting, then." He proclaimed after his mouth parted, but did not wait until it resealed itself.

"Do I... have a name?" Leon asked the man, wondering if he was still called, well, Leon. His mouth silently rebinded itself and the surface over it became smooth, as if never damaged before.

Edited by KuroKishi

I think...All of us are these people's heroes from two hundred years ago. Clarence admitted. He turned to the remaining remembers of the group, his golden eyes wide. All his friends... They had to all be here! Unaware he swept his wings towards Summer as he moved, his eyes darted to the wolf-man fainting, and then the shark lady. See? Low blood sugar. Do any of you guys have juice or something for when he comes to? Clarence walked to Derek, crouching down beside him and checking his vitals. Hm...He seemed healthy, just..well, unconscious.

"I shall have one of my apprentices fetch some sweetened lemon juice," The female mage said as she approached the table, looking around at those assembled. "Now, onto the King. Your unconscious friend will be kept in a room nearby so if he wakes, he can join the meeting. But the rest of you should follow me. After your meeting is done, you are free to explore the Kingdom. The Festival of Heroes is today so I expect the people will be excited to see all of you. We will accompany you as well, just as a precaution." With that, the mage turned away and walked towards the archway. Gesturing for them to follow her, she began to stride up the stairs.

The mage who had been in charge of Viziel dropped his shield and eyed the unconscious hero cautiously before turning to his companion. Lifting the cloak away from his front, the mage clicked his tongue faintly then let the cloak fall back into place. "That will require healing," he muttered more to himself than anyone else before turning his attention to Derek. Sighing, he gestured with a hand and spoke quickly, conjuring another bubble. This one, however, wrapped around Derek instead and rose off the ground, lifting him into the air. He wasn't about to risk actually carrying him after everything that occurred. He didn't want claws stabbing him in the back as he tried to care for him. With a sigh, he followed the female mage up the stairs, leaving behind only the one who had cared for Clarence and been attacked by Derek.

The mage tilted his head slightly to the side at Nox's mumblings but did not comment as the creature dressed himself. He had, after all, cared for the body as it grew over time in the green tank. It wasn't as if he hadn't seen all of it before and more importantly, he wasn't supposed to leave him alone. What if he fell? What if he injured himself? There were too many variables that could come into play and he wouldn't risk it after what had happened.

"As you wish," The mage replied with a graceful bow. He quickly straightened back upright and as his apprentices scrambled to open the only door in the room that lead out to the main room. Through the corner of his eye, the mage could see that there were already a considerable number of heroes there that had already been revived and ready to go. Perhaps they were the last ones. "Your name?" The mage asked, a bit taken back by the question. Oh… oh dear. Had he suffered memory loss? Hopefully he would at least recognize his friends. Perhaps prolonged exposure to the plasma had given him amnesia. "You were called Nox," he replied after a moment, trying not to think about what else he might not remember. He'd address that later. "Your friends are waiting for you out there. You'll be escorted to the King with them."

Derek slowly woke, and was fully awake but dizzy when the others got to the king. His head hurt like hell. He looked around seeing the bubble and sat up cross legged looking at the mage who was by him. He was calm once more, his split reaction was only impulsive, he doesn't like strangers telling him to be calm. Derek's ears where flat on his head voice low. "Did I hurt him.... ? You should think, if you woke up in a strange world not your own, and in a even stranger body. You will freak out too. Not only that, but...... if someone told you to calm down, when all you needed to do is wait until I calmed myself, I wouldn't have reacted how I did." He spoke lowly, as if to a frightened puppy. He held his head he felt lightweight and dizzy. He looked around the room, getting adjusted to the new smells, at least it was better then the plasma sm, that was rancid.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

A blacked haired girl entered the room, grabbing her elbow with one hand and pulling the grabbed arm closer to her. She looked just as confused as everyone else, and had asked for James and Robert. There was only one other girl in their group so Summer automatically assumed the girl to be Mina, the black eyed boy voiced her thoughts and then proceeded to freak out about his hand, asking for a mirror.

The girl herself didn't look much like Mina. Her hair was cut in a similar way, but that was probably where the resemblance ended. Her skin was a gray or blueish color. Stripes lined her exposed skin and rows of pointed teeth flashed when the girl talked.

The skin and stripes were obviously makeup. Did such thing as dental surgery exist? Rather it did or did not, teeth sharpening probably wasn't impossible to do.

The way that the girl talked was very like Mina in a way that Summer found hard to explain in words. The way the wolf boy was freaking out was not unlike Derek when the situation got to stressful for him. James had never been very gullible and seemed to be in denial that most of these people were his friends.

Why had these hooded people kidnapped this group of friends, altering their bodies beyond recognition of what they used to look like. Had Summer unknowingly signed up to act in a movie with her friends and then promptly forgot out it? The hooded figures hadn't harmed or even threatened them yet and had promised to let them home if they promised to talk to this king, so maybe these hooded figures weren't all that bad?

Clarence suddenly spoke up, admitting that he thought everyone were heroes of this world from two centuries ago.

Clarence had once told Summer that the reason a doctor would flash light in a patient's eye after an accident was because you could tell if there was brain damage or not by the way the patient's eye reacted. She made a mental note to check everyone's sanity as soon as she got the chance.

The hooded figure that Clarence had talked to was compliant enough when he asked her for juice. She then mentioned something about a Hero's Festival and then begun to lead them to meet the king.

Summer watched to see what everyone would do, tentatively following the group as they left.