Hoarders Anonymous

Hoarders Anonymous

<snip> Cancelling the gift to Tiga/Tigacat due to apparent inactivity -- no forum posts in about a week, and the one and only egg on her scroll is down to 1 day.

<snip> Removing my report of the gift to Logmister, since he didn't see it and posted it as well -- don't want ti looking like a duplicate! xd.png

Edited by SomeoneSneaky

Hi! My name is (YOUR PREFERRED NAME), and I'm a dragon hoarder with ADD

Scroll Name and Link: gusearth1

PM Link: PM

What list(s) are you currently on? Sunsong, Electric

What list(s) do you want to be added to? Red

Do you have a goal number of dragons you would like to shoot for, and if so how many do you already have? Temporary hoarding, because I need more incubators. xd.png 9/20

What list(s) would you like to be removed from? None

What list(s) would you like to remain on? Sunsong, Electric

Other notes to your breeders: I don't care about lineage, I just need Reds. tongue.gif

Yeesh, this form is kind of lengthy. I'll be fixing that now.

Okay, tweaked the changing lists form, and the gift report form. Maybe I'll try doing a gifting update, we'll see.

~gusearth1

Hi! My name is Logmister, and I'm a dragon hoarder with ADD

Scroll Name and Link: Logmister10 http://dragcave.net/user/Logmister10

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=216516

What list(s) are you currently on? Albino, Canopy, and Coastal Waverunner.

What list(s) do you want to be added to or removed from? I would like to be removed from all three lists, and added to Glaucus Drake, and Tsunami Wyvern

Do you have a goal number of dragons you would like to shoot for, and if so how many do you already have? I'd like to get 25 of each, and at the moment I have none of either of them XD

Other notes to your breeders: I prefer CB, but I will take what I can get, thanks in advance :)

Gift Report

Wahya -> amthystfire

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: Flamingo Wyvern Hatchling

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jQ8aX

Also, neither of the people on the Tri-Horn Wyvern list ever replied to my PMs, or accepted the hatchlings I offered :/

Note to self: fix a5t100's pm link.

Balloon didn't get picked up by starbit

Sent out some gifts, sent some "I have reds if you want them" notes and got lackluster responses. Oh, well, ihaswaffles, my non-computer friend needs to have such things dumped on him.

Edited by amthystfire

Gift Report

I increased the hoard of Ldyfsh with a Seasonal (Winter) Egg which can be found here: http://dragcave.net/lineage/d6xC4 - (not picked up, kept)

I'll be doing some more breeding tomorrow for folks.

So sorry sad.gif Was out of town for the last week with no internet sad.gif Wish I had been able to pick the baby up. Please don't "kick me off" the list... I'll do better next smile.gif Glad it got a good home, though. biggrin.gif

Hi! My name is Shadow, and I'm a dragon hoarder

Scroll Name and Link: Name: shadowfighter Link: http://dragcave.net/user/shadowfighter

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=209258

Proof that you read the rules: Hedgehog.

What list(s) do you want to be on? White dragon

Do you have a goal number of dragons you would like to shoot for, and if so how many do you already have? Goal= 200 Have= 14

Other notes to say to your breeders: I love EG or pretty stair lineages.

Edited by shadowfighter

I have apparently been bad. I have sent out the following gifts, which have possibly been reported:

Gift Report

amthystfire -> SomeoneSneaky

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: Magi Hatchling

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/2TbHJ

Gift Report

amthystfire -> arya10

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: Nhiostrife Egg

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EHOuO

Gift Report

amthystfire -> Asursrus

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: Red egg

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DodRk

Gift Report

amthystfire -> Asursrus

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: red egg

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/otquF

Edited by amthystfire

Most of those gifts were reported already except the Nhiostrife.

--------------------

Alright, my day-long update is finally complete! xd.png Real life got in the way, and it was my first update.

--------------------

Asursrus, you said you wanted to be added to all the Wyvern lists except Bright-Breasted and Seragamma, but that would exceed your point limit by a lot. (Carmine, Nhiostrife, Tsunami, Tri-Horn, Copper, Falconiform, Fever, Flamingo, Golden, Hellfire, and Nebulas. There might even be more that I missed) Could you specify some lists that would fit your point range? (Or maybe I could make hoarding categories by dragon type, like Wyverns, Drakes, Metallics, etc.)

--------------------

All points and such have been updated. *Phew*

(Or maybe I could make hoarding categories by dragon type, like Wyverns, Drakes, Metallics, etc.)

That would be an interesting idea. Different categories -- like me with all of the two-heads (though splits are still priority), maybe a category for BSAs (especially pink, red, magi), hybrids like the goldfish and soulpeaces, things like that.

Category for dragons with multiple colors -- the glory drakes, moon/sunstone, sunrise/sunset, et cetera, for alting dragons (black, dark green, undine), color-changing dragons (dorsals, stripes, nebulae) -- trying to figure out what would be worth categorizing, which ones there wouldn't be much interest in. could be a fun prospect.

Maybe require a certain level of activity before giving someone access to a broad category, especially one as 'valuable' (relatively) as metallics / rares / non-vamp unbreedables / prize dragons / aspects.

----------

On a side note -- I have a friend who used to collect codes with BC in them, for her initials (though she's been inactive for some time. Another likes the 'naughty' codes (her latest find says 'poo' tongue.gif ). Have you thought about adding anything like that, hoarding things based on something other than breed / lineage?

Edited by SomeoneSneaky

I can talk to amthystfire about it, but I was thinking about some of these categories:

Wyverns

Drakes

(DC Drakes? I'm not really sure how the whole "Drakes" v "Draks" thing works)

Amphipteres, although as of now, there are only two breeds of amphipteres - Sunsong and Skywing.

Lindwurms

Leviathans

Pygmies

Easter Dragons

Western Dragons (Which may be too broad.)

--------------------

And thanks for your ideas! I would think that BSA's, Hybrids, and Two-Headeds would work as categories, as I'm sure there would be many people who want them. BSA's include some rare dragons though, like Soulpeace, Vampire, Magma/Thunder/Ice, Shallow Water, and many of those fall into other categories.

--------------------

Other categories that I think would get a little less interest, or a lot of interest but barely any gifts given due to rarity:

Metallics

Non-Breedables (Excluding Vampires)

Alt Dragons, + Red Dorsal and Tan Ridgewing(?)

--------------------

I think "Rares" would be a category that many people would dispute, as everyone has different definitions of rare. I don't know, just throwing out my thoughts. xd.png

--------------------

I don't think there should be a list based off code, even though it's still hoarding, there's a thread for trading codes. I don't know how useful that would be for a code hoarder, but I just don't think it would fit.

--------------------

I think the main problem here is that a lot of breeds fall under multiple categories; Two-Headed Lindwurms fall under 2 categories. (Self-explanatory; it's in the name tongue.gif)

Shallow Waters and Soulpeaces fall under BSA's and Hybrids, and Shallow Waters are also Leviathans.

Golden Wyverns are considered Metallic, and are also Wyverns.

And those are just to name a few. So I'll try to get this sorted out ASAP, and hopefully we'll be seeing new lists soon. biggrin.gif

Personally. when I think BSA, I only consider the regularly useful ones -- incubate, influence, teleport, and maybe fertility (though it seems useless to me, as I've never had a successful breeding after using fertility).

While the Legendaries have their Summon BSA, they just don't fall into the same category for me, as A) it has such a high chance to fail, B) you have to have three different breeds on your scroll, and C) It can only be successful three times. I'd say put Legendaries in their own category.

For BSAs -- Same with things like Earthquake (too risky), and Splash (really only needed for the trophy). I honestly tend to forget the Soulpeace has one -- I haven't met anyone who's used it, as zombies are much more desirable from what I've seen (I'm the sort who refuses to kill dragons, so no zombies or neglecteds for me).

Breeds COULD be placed into different categories -- glory drakes would both be considered Drakes, and as 'breeds with multiple variations', if you were going that way.

As for the categorization for drakes, the DC wiki says --

They tend to be smaller than most dragons, about the size of a dog. Unlike other dragons, they are not sapient or as smart. They have antlers, tend to be very calm unless bred to be otherwise, and do not talk. They are shown to be more tame and easily trained. Dovealove, the creator of the first Drakes, took the 'e' off to avoid confusion when people thought there might be confusion over the term drake being used in other media with different definitions. However, she had always originally intended them to be called drakes and preferred it as so.

Where as traditional drakes are four-legged dragons without wings (basically the opposite of Amphipteres. If you wanted, you could differentiate them with abbreviations like DC-Drake and T-Drake or something, I suppose.

As for the common / uncommon / rare thing -- I ain't touching that one. I've seen it argued over way too many times to try and classify any breeds like that. XD

Sorry if I rambled on about this, though -- like I said, I figured it'd probably be an interesting project!

Edited by SomeoneSneaky

I can talk to amthystfire about it, but I was thinking about some of these categories:

Wyverns

Drakes

(DC Drakes? I'm not really sure how the whole "Drakes" v "Draks" thing works)

Amphipteres, although as of now, there are only two breeds of amphipteres - Sunsong and Skywing.

Lindwurms

Leviathans

Pygmies

Easter Dragons

Western Dragons (Which may be too broad.)

--------------------

And thanks for your ideas! I would think that BSA's, Hybrids, and Two-Headeds would work as categories, as I'm sure there would be many people who want them. BSA's include some rare dragons though, like Soulpeace, Vampire, Magma/Thunder/Ice, Shallow Water, and many of those fall into other categories.

--------------------

Other categories that I think would get a little less interest, or a lot of interest but barely any gifts given due to rarity:

Metallics

Non-Breedables (Excluding Vampires)

Alt Dragons, + Red Dorsal and Tan Ridgewing(?)

--------------------

I think "Rares" would be a category that many people would dispute, as everyone has different definitions of rare. I don't know, just throwing out my thoughts. xd.png

--------------------

I don't think there should be a list based off code, even though it's still hoarding, there's a thread for trading codes. I don't know how useful that would be for a code hoarder, but I just don't think it would fit.

--------------------

I think the main problem here is that a lot of breeds fall under multiple categories; Two-Headed Lindwurms fall under 2 categories. (Self-explanatory; it's in the name tongue.gif)

Shallow Waters and Soulpeaces fall under BSA's and Hybrids, and Shallow Waters are also Leviathans.

Golden Wyverns are considered Metallic, and are also Wyverns.

And those are just to name a few. So I'll try to get this sorted out ASAP, and hopefully we'll be seeing new lists soon. biggrin.gif

I don't see a problem with

Wyverns, DC Drakes, Lindwurms, Leviathans, Pygmies

Draks (as in the dragon classification used in DC) are the wingless westerns, the most notable of which is the Magma.(at least this is how I was understanding the term, but Sneaks has some wiki info) If someone decides they are really into Amphipteres, I suppose we could devise something? I think if someone was into such broad categories as "eastern" and "western" I think we could put it up, but I don't see, really, offering it up without seeing a need.

BSA's and/or BSA basics(Red, pink, orange), hybrids, and Two-Headed work as categories.

I would probably set most of the above categories at 2-3 points, as the broader categories tend to be more arbitrary about cost and such.

Further thoughts?

In case you're interested, the wiki is here:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Sub-Types

It's got the official classifications of the dragons, as far as categories go. When it comes to Eastern versus Western dragons, I'd suggest not using those -- the Easterns are pretty much strictly holiday dragons, silvers, and shimmers, while Western encompasses the vast majority on the cave (seriously, so many).

Maybe base the point cost of 'purchasing' a category on how many dragons are in that section? I don't know if the cost of certain ones, like Metals and Prizes, would be different based on the rarity. Prizes, for instance, only have two in their category, and there's a limited number of base pairings, but the number of descendants are growing incredibly fast as more and more people gather and breed the offspring.

Then there are ones like Lindwurms, which only have three breeds (with four variations, since two-heads have two colors). But, one of those, the paper, is an incredibly rare unbreedable one. Would it still count as a lindwurm? Or, since both Linds and Amphis both are such small categories, would anyone bother with them at all?

Pygmies, drakes, and two-heads are easy enough, at least, since they can only breed with their own kind.

As far as BSAs, why not have separate sections:

Commonly-used: Red, Pink, Magi, (possibly purple)

Uncommonly-used (or borderline useless): Green/Earth, Soulpeace, Goldfish, (possibly purple)

Legendary Summon: Ice, Magma, Thunder

Unique: Vampire

Also, sorry, Hoarders, for hijacking the thread with this debate. XD

Gift Report

amthystfire -> SomeoneSneaky

Breed egg/hatchling of the gift: Magi egg

Lineage Link of the gift: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YewVm

Current Count: 26/30 -- almost there!

Airaani - oops! Way behind on picking up gifts, my eggslots are always full...

Would you like me to pick it up now, or would you prefer to keep it?