ValidEmotions

A Collection of Things

user posted image

I likely don't draw or write short stories as often as I should so, maybe having this thread will motivate me to try more.

Anyways, I do have a Deviant Art account under the same name as my DC scroll which I upload artwork to. So, if anything is posted here, it's certainly posted on my DA as well. However, this is mostly pertaining to drawings and not writings.

I prefer drawing dragons but I've drawn some humans and other creatures in between. I will also draw (what I call) reference images. Solely for practice, I'll redraw an image that I find and decide on. It's often to try and get a feel for how the human body is shaped/proportioned but I don't know how much I've actually taken from such practice.

I can't really provide any examples of my short stories but, if you've seen my RP posts around the Freeforms and Other Threads sections, you can get a general idea?

Well, I'll leave this thread here now. Feel free to pop in with critique on anything (including old, old, artwork and writing) or suggest something for me to draw/write. I'm not doing commissions so don't ask. And don't expect that I'll automatically draw/write what you suggest. I mean, I'll likely do it but don't feel entitled or expect it immediately.

UPDATE Feb. 1st, 2017

Clean slate. I've moved to a new Deviant Art account to better reflect my new username/identity. I'll no longer sign things with the initials of Scattercloak. It'll either be my own name scrawled somewhere or the initials for my new username; haven't decided yet.

Edited by Narvix

*Blows off dust*

Daaannnnnngggggg

Anyways! I'm gonna try making a comeback. Right now, I'm setting myself up to start fresh for this thread - beginning with a challenge to myself to draw every single day for this month, February. The intent is to make a strong habit of drawing that it continues on for the rest of the year.

(I will be getting this thread wiped clean by a Mod, hopefully.)

Apparently I never posted in this thread, huh.

Good luck; finding the motivation to do a thing every day is pretty tough.

o: You're pretty good at drawing people! Several steps ahead of me, anyway (whenever I try to draw people the proportions throw me off). Best of luck for your habit development!

Thanks! I just uploaded another page full of people doodled in pen. Body study using stock/reference photos. Though, some are nude so it has a filter on it (and thus I'm not linking to it directly).

*removes pile of leaves using a leaf-blower* 

Whoops....

Honestly, I haven't been doing a lot of drawing this year. I've spent more time focused on writing. I did, however, pick up a pencil and start making sketches again. I'll get my recent things uploaded and share them tomorrow. Consider this a bump so I can find my thing easier :v

I've been drawing! I promise! :v This fabulous year of 2018, I'm attempting to rebuild my habit of drawing by diving right into "365 Days of Art". Honestly, it's just "A Dragon a Day" for me.

Here are days 12, and 3.

24 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

I've been drawing! I promise! :v This fabulous year of 2018, I'm attempting to rebuild my habit of drawing by diving right into "365 Days of Art". Honestly, it's just "A Dragon a Day" for me.

Here are days 12, and 3.

The second sketch is so elegant and loopy. Love it! If only I could draw more than stick people... XD

So I think I'm just gonna stick to art dumping every few days :v Instead of posting daily with a new sketch. Don't know yet but this seems to be the pattern so far.

Days 456, and 7

It's already been a week and I'm so far managing to do this \o/