Zxke

Zxke's art thread / progress thread.

Also here is a WIP that I plan on coloring like rn.

user posted image

Ignore the gross brush effects they will pretty much go under the actual colors.

OH BOY! biggrin.gif It's like a spectral critter!

Question, how long do you think it will take for requests to open? I also have an idea, though it isn't a sprite.

Edited by skwerl56767

skwerl56767:

Question, how long do you think it will take for requests to open? I also have an idea, though it isn't a sprite.

I honestly have no idea. When ever I'm feeling up to it I suppose.

I particularly like the creature's feet and the highlights you have shining off all of the different areas of its body. It seems a bit over-textured, however, even with the over colors hiding some of it--I think putting some variation in there would make it look even nicer.

There are also a few tangents on its body that make the shape a bit confusing at a glance, for instance some of the horns on its head run right into the tendrils coming off the creature's shoulders and it's difficult to see where one ends and the other begins. When I saw your first WIP image, I thought it had some kind of cassowary-looking crest going on!

Yeah I need to practice with different brushes to make it more varied.

As for the tangents I usually make sure not to make those but was really lazy this time with it x-x; haha.

Also I see the cassowary thing and it looks pretty cool like that now that I see it haha.

Edited by Zxke

Alexander_Drake:

Zxke what is your animated Avatar? It is kind of cute.

An old animation of chibi chubby Zxke I made.

user posted image

Yup

It's good! I like the pattern with the colors. Just a few critiques:

-The neck where it joins the chest is a bit too thin, though the amount of feathers on the head might be giving it the illusion of being larger than it is and therefore making the neck seem too thin... I'm not a pro, so I have a hard time telling. xd.png Another factor might be the yellow stripe running down the neck, as stripes can also give the illusion of something being stretched farther than they really are.

-It would be quite difficult for a bird with talons(or any hooked claws, really) to stand with its feet more flat on the ground, so a better pose would be it perching, since it makes a little more sense concerning its curved frontal claws. Then again, I'm assuming it's standing on the ground, due to the tail position and the lack of structure underneath it.

Those are just nitpicks. I need to work on drawing skills myself, so I feel bad giving out art critique... xd.png

Pointless doodle of me, ignore the anatomy it was quick doodle.

user posted image

Jeebus I want three and a half of these in my life

Edited by Slater_C

@Alexander_Drake

Yes it was a random doodle /w\

@skwerl56767

Thank you for that, it was just a quick doodle not based on anything and more of a ... I don't know the word, like more of something based on a shape but not exact ?

But yeah I like to think of its face is puffed up if anything.

Also have you seen the green harron?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not really on the topic but good inspiration. Also where do neck go? A don't knowing

user posted image

I would love LOVE a dragon based on some weird birds like this, that orange bird with hidden beak and big feather bob where it should be, and the great POTOO. (also the anhinga because they are GORGEOUS)

@Slater_C

That me.

*editing to add those other birds for ideas of dragons*

Guianan Cock-of-the-rock

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Anhinga

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is a bird reference appreciation post for art and ideas.

Not posting potoos because potoos.

user posted image

Edited by Zxke