angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

For future releases it's still nice to have.

While I am OK with the current limit - this is the point.

After thinking about it for a bit - I have replied previously - I realize that removing the limit for Xmas/Vday dragons would not be something I would support, but I would definitely support an increase in amount, 4 CBs max.

2 is easy to snag, 4 wouldn't be any more difficult. It also keeps some sort of limit in place and 4 is a good even number (especially for EG lineages).

After thinking about it for a bit - I have replied previously - I realize that removing the limit for Xmas/Vday dragons would not be something I would support, but I would definitely support an increase in amount, 4 CBs max.

2 is easy to snag, 4 wouldn't be any more difficult. It also keeps some sort of limit in place and 4 is a good even number (especially for EG lineages).

Totally agree!

Christmas should remain as a very easy-to-grab-and-run Release for those who find it difficult to get on at the holiday, and a limit of 4 CBs should keep it that way, while increasing lineage/Freezing possibilities for probably the bulk of members who would very much appreciate having that potential. smile.gif

Not a fan of the idea of raising it to 6 - 4 at least allows even non-trophied scroll owners to still collect the max number of CBs. 6 starts undoing the benefits of having a limit in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, any kind of sensible limit is fine to me. Be it 2 as currently is, 4, 6 or 8. But more than that would be too much, and open the floodgates for people trading for several dozen CBs, which I find irritating, to put it mildly. The only thing I wanted was an open discussion on other limits so we don't get a thread asking for new limits once a limit of 4 CBs got installed.

Don't get me wrong, any kind of sensible limit is fine to me. Be it 2 as currently is, 4, 6 or 8. But more than that would be too much, and open the floodgates for people trading for several dozen CBs, which I find irritating, to put it mildly. The only thing I wanted was an open discussion on other limits so we don't get a thread asking for new limits once a limit of 4 CBs got installed.

laugh.gif I think you have been around here long enough to know that people will always want more. No matter what discussion has been held or what consensus has been reached. In a few months time or after a few holidays have passed, the clamor will go up again.

I figured as much. But I also figured that, if we reached a certain consensus within the community, we might be able (and willing) to shoot these suggestions down rather quickly. And, with it having been pointed out and discussed in this very thread, people can't say nobody has thought of argument X ever before.

Come to think of it, it was probably reverse psychology in action. xd.png

I'm liking the idea of four, for breeding purposes. Six calls to me, simply because I would love to have one from each biome to satisfy my OCD cravings, but if I can only have a small raise, I will take four and be absolutely glad for it. Anything that's more than two? Please? For my unsatisfied little collector's heart?

+.5 support, then?

Edited by Perspicacity

After putting some more thought into it, I'd propose that if the limits for CB holidays are increased, they should be increased to 6 so you can have one from each biome.

That does make some sense since we now have dragons that may breed differently with mates from different biomes.

Although I'm still liking how relaxed I can be with a limit of two! laugh.gif

I'm against mostly because until recently even catching your two was difficult. I remember in 09 because the eggs were mixed in with regular eggs for most of the drops, it was a major headache just to get my two. The next year was easier but still somewhat difficult. I had to get mine gifted.

laugh.gif I think you have been around here long enough to know that people will always want more. No matter what discussion has been held or what consensus has been reached. In a few months time or after a few holidays have passed, the clamor will go up again.
lol or moan later on too many! We don't want anymore! Like with the amount of eggs in the ap and cave. Peeps kept complaining about not being able to catch an egg so tj upped the cave production and introduced multi clutches. Still the damned complaints. then the 08 mass breed happened and i recall one of the comments were maybe now the people who were moaning about not being able to catch an egg will be able to catch their fill. Unfortunately after breeders, tj included stuffed the ap full of eggs, their minds changed again and complained about too many eggs. Edited by bluebell_rose

I'm against mostly because until recently even catching your two was difficult. I remember in 09 because the eggs were mixed in with regular eggs for most of the drops, it was a major headache just to get my two. The next year was easier but still somewhat difficult. I had to get mine gifted.

lol or moan later on too many! We don't want anymore! Like with the amount of eggs in the ap and cave. Peeps kept complaining about not being able to catch an egg so tj upped the cave production and introduced multi clutches. Still the damned complaints. then the 08 mass breed happened and i recall one of the comments were maybe now the people who were moaning about not being able to catch an egg will be able to catch their fill. Unfortunately after breeders, tj included stuffed the ap full of eggs, their minds changed again and complained about too many eggs.

Hi, bluebell_rose! smile.gif

Long time no 'see''!

Yeah, it used to be awful - very stressful especially for those of us on antique computers/lap-tops/slow connections...

On Valentine's in '09, doing without more than a few hours of sleep and spending every minute I could, I finally caught my 2nd Val in the last or 2nd last Drop - and I'd never bother with that sort of thing again.

Not that many people have the time or energy for the sort of ordeals Holidays and other Releases once were...

Also, the lag in the old days, with so few catching and almost the whole Cave desperately trying - now, people catch and move off, can hang out on the Event thread and enjoy the speculation or get to work or whatever.

It's fun now, not stressful and disappointing for many, and I, like others, look forward to Holidays now, rather than dreading them.

So we no longer have the problems we once did, and an adjustment to let people have four eggs each at Christmas and Valentine's shouldn't recreate those issues or bring us back into ordeal territory.

It's great that TJ is responsive to his 'customers' needs - that's just basic business sense!

The game is suppose to be fun, people come here for recreation, and the game itself isn't constructed in a manner to attract those looking for a highly competitive game, so there are a lot of people playing and staying with it for years *because* it's not highly competitive and is something they can play on older computers/slow connections/with disabilities.

But they still need something to keep them busy while they're here, or they won't be, at least not much or often.

So if they can catch/breed the eggs they want/need with reasonable time and effort, they're happy.

There's not much point in making/leaving a game of this type boring or frustrating for those who fill the large (non-competitive) niche DC does, because the competitive people will want something faster-paced and competitive, and are less likely to have the patience to stay with something as slow-moving and long-term as DC's basics are, never mind not being able to access decent/usable eggs at all, destroying the point of DC itself, lol.

So TJ works to make the experience more fun for DC's niche group of people, within the concept of the world he created.

This is a win/win situation. smile.gif

Maybe since Christmas and Valentine dragons drop for more than one day have a limit of two for the first day to give everyone an opportunity to catch them and then the next day lift the limit (or up it) to allow for collecting.

I'm neutral on this discussion, but that's my idea.

Maybe since Christmas and Valentine dragons drop for more than one day have a limit of two for the first day to give everyone an opportunity to catch them and then the next day lift the limit (or up it) to allow for collecting.

I'm neutral on this discussion, but that's my idea.

That won't help. MANY people cannot make it on one day or another - it needs to be the same every day.

I'd support lifting the limit, but against completely removing the limit.

I think a limit of 4 would be the best : at Halloween we really don't have problesm catching cb new eggs, so people should have no problems with 4 each at Christmas and Valentine too, also considering that they drop for 3 days.

People who like to freeze CBs could be able to have a S1, a S2 hatchlings and still 2 adults.

And it is more likely for a people to feel generous and gift one egg to someone with none if they have 4, instead or having to share one of your 2 precious ones.

I don't think the limit should be lifted to 6, personally I don't care about biomes, and they don't really matter unless you plan to breed them with coppers/kill them etc. It would also be unfair to the new players who only have 4 eggslots, so I think 4 would be a good limit.

That "recently" you're talking about is 6 years ago (ie. half a decade plus a year), and yes before you ask I was there, it was painful and I walked away empty-handed. It doesn't change my opinion that increasing or even lifting the limits are not going to make a major dent on future releases.

To be frank, pre-biome holidays and post-biome holidays are wildly different beasts. It's pointless to use the former as a beacon for changes to the latter, as the latter is not nearly at the same magnitude of difficulty as the former.

Oh hullo old thread.

Just got thinking about this due to the rerelease old holiday thread and I was thinking--what if instead of unlimited, the limit was simply raised to 4?

I'd be happy with a bump up to 4 for holiday CBs. Holidays flood solidly now, so there's no risk of people being unable to get them even with the increased limit.

I like 4. Or 6. Or 7. tongue.gif

So long as it has a limit somehow, I think we'll be fine.

Cheers!

C4.

I would like a bit more than 4. Maybe 7? Or 8 if TJ decides to give us that you-have-been-around-one-year slot?

Well, I know the point of having the Christmas / Valentine limits to begin with was to encourage peace and love and sharing and all that jazz, so having a limit above 4 when some players can only get 4 seems a bit exclusionary xd.png

Well, I know the point of having the Christmas / Valentine limits to begin with was to encourage peace and love and sharing and all that jazz, so having a limit above 4 when some players can only get 4 seems a bit exclusionary xd.png

Okay okay, 4 is perfect tongue.gif

Odd that I never replied to this before...

If we're going to change the numbers anything 2^n works for me. 2... 4... 8.

Maybe not higher than 8. Hmm...

I think unlimited could work but isn't necessary.

I still don't get the insistence on a number instead of going flat-out unlimited.

Halloweens have demonstrated that there are more than plenty of eggs for everyone even if there is no limit in place. You also don't have to take and trade for 200 CBs when there isn't a limit.

As for the so-called "love and sharing" spirit, I've mentioned before that Halloween has the highest rate of CB gifting that I witness, and I am quite certain that the complete lack of a limit is the exact reason - people can take in excess and give some away while staying at a comfortable level of Halloween eggs before going back to get some more, instead of having to give away HALF of what little they own and try for another. The risk level involved in gifting Halloweens and Christmas/Valentine are on completely different levels.

Edited by CNR4806