angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

There was a time that I supported having those limits. When I started playing in 08 it was impossible for me to catch the holidays because they went fast. It is why I didn’t have a Yulebuck until last year. I now only need the one Holly to hit my limits for all the breeds. I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat as me. 

Now that we have the holiday cave I support the end of limits for the old holidays because I think it would make it easier for both old and new players to get what they want. I think that hunting the holiday cave is going to be harder to hunt once all new players have hit their limits as the dragons will just sit there with few people being able to pick them up. 

@TJ09 this suggestion is drawing close to its 4th birthday. Can you tell us your current thoughts?

The most popular suggestion right now seems to be a release year limit of 4 with no limits after that (and maybe have holidays in the market during their season)

The introduction of the Holiday biome (which was a good improvement) has really made the 2-dragon limit a pointless restriction. It's especially aggravating with aegises, since there are two varieties so we can only have one of each.

Before the Holiday biome existed, I actually liked the limited Holidays and unlimited Halloweens. It gave Halloween a manic feel, while Christmas was more boring but calm as everyone got exactly the same thing with no difficulty. Now that there's the Holiday biome, though, new players can catch anything they missed in years past, but then we're left with all these extra old eggs no one can pick up although everyone wishes they could.

My preference would be removing the limit on all Holiday breeds except the newly dropping eggs. Those could stay at the 2-egg limit to retain the calm, easy feel of the holiday season.

But if that's not feasible, I also think just raising the limit to 4 across the board would be fine. The eggs drop for 3 days, unlike Halloween. Every player could still easily get four. The real manic part at Halloween is running around trying to get more of the new breed than your scroll can even hold (I ended up with 16 this year, some people got as high as 30!) A 4-egg limit would negate that possibility and ensuing madcap feel just as effectively as a 2-egg limit, while still making the Holiday biome more fun.

Edited by tjekan

Definitely support removing the limits, whether its all limits or just limits on old eggs from the Holiday biome. I feel that the Holiday biome makes the limits a bit outdated. I also believe that Dragon Cave has a wonderful community and removing the limits on Holiday dragons will only result in more generosity surrounding the holiday events and dragons. :)

This is my first Xmas onsite, so my opinion may not hold very much weight but perhaps some insight from a newer player might be worth something on its own too?

Halloween was my first event, and I had a lot of fun with it. Some folks explained to me that other events aren't like Halloween though, because Halloween is about being greedy and hoarding sweet loots. 

But people during Halloween were really kind and helpful. And trading Caveborns or other things in the Trading Hub was fast and easy--tons of fun! Lots of swapping and cooperation. And I even found CB eggs on the AP. 

I haven't experienced the other holidays yet but... It doesn't really sound like that's going to happen. If Christmas is about giving, then the limits are stopping people from being able to do that. Makes it a lot harder to work together and leaves it as more of an "every user for themselves" mad dash.

That... Does not sound as fun to me. Hopefully it's still a good time, but it seems a bit backwards from what I have been told thus far.

Just my 2c.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:15 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@TJ09 this suggestion is drawing close to its 4th birthday. Can you tell us your current thoughts?

Unchanged from previous posts:

Given that old Holiday CBs did indeed come back, I guess this thread can be closed.