angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How many new lineages do you START at Christmas and Valentines ? Once your own CBs are in there, you can't use them again (unless you are into inbreds) so...

This is EXACTLY why I don't do any lineages with holidays. https://dragcave.net/lineage/WfG5K This is the only one I ever did and with them and with getting the blue wings the second year no one was interested in the pair anymore.  Also one of my Sweetlings was frozen so the only way to do was inbreding them. 

I'd say bring the limit up to 6. So people who like to freeze things can freeze one hatchie of each stage and have enough to work on a decent sized lineage (4G), and it isn't crazy like the unlimited Halloweens. Plus it expands options for gifters.

Freezes don't need to be cb though.  It's not like they can breed. and I say that as a frozen collector.

6 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Freezes don't need to be cb though.  It's not like they can breed. and I say that as a frozen collector.

You have a good point that I completely forgot about.

In that case, bringing the limit up to 4 would be nice.

Edit: Or, say, you can catch 2 in the wild but can optionally buy more from the market, with a limit of 2.

Edited by Arkee

5 hours ago, Arkee said:

Or, say, you can catch 2 in the wild but can optionally buy more from the market, with a limit of 2.

Why limit the market? Shards are limiting enough already. Especially if you want to stock up on more than just one holiday breed.

I believe holidays will never be in the market, though.

Maybe not. :) But if they did enter the market, there'd be no reason to enforce any kind of limits on market-bought holidays because we already have shard limits. Just assign the prices in accord to what you'd consider a reasonable limit, and you're done. And in full support of the "keep it simple" philosophy TJ seems to favor.

Edited by olympe

That is a VERY good point. and I doubt if ratios apply to them either.

If the limit is to go up, PLEASE to an EVEN number.

Personally, if we are going to have the holiday biome every year now, I think we should keep the two per limit the year they drop then catch whatever you want the next year.  Keeps the limits so people can get them at first, but allows people to stock up on the ones they want, and eventually it will go more like halloween where people can still find what they want, it just may take a little longer.

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Personally, if we are going to have the holiday biome every year now, I think we should keep the two per limit the year they drop then catch whatever you want the next year.  Keeps the limits so people can get them at first, but allows people to stock up on the ones they want, and eventually it will go more like halloween where people can still find what they want, it just may take a little longer.

This. All of my this.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

I'd  vote strongly against raising the limit the first year.  Look at what we just went though with Halloween - yes, SWs and Lurkers sat there for a few minutes, but I barely saw Omen eggs in the holiday biome, people were snatching them up so fast.  (And then trying to trade them for Golds.) 

I'd say waiting at least three years from an egg's release before allowing people to have more CBs; otherwise it'd be a horrible scrum.  Waiting longer to raise the CB limit (and raising the limit minimally - I was originally popping into the thread to suggest 3, like GoNs.  But definitely no more than 4, and I like the idea of the limit staying 2 for the initial release) would help keep older breeds from becoming biome blockers while giving new players a more even chance to pick up past eggs of all years.

@sorenna personally I found multiple newer Halloweens (Omens, witchs, caligenes) CB in the AP. People also are more likely to have them by simple fact that they’re newer and thus the pool that missed out is a lot smaller than, say, the pool that missed Marrows. I think waiting three years to raise limits is excessive, with that in mind.

The idea of limits-then-not is actually really appealing. I’d suggest a few minor tweaks, though:

- Raise the INITIAL limit to 4;

- Unlimited the next year;

- Make them available in the market during breeding week. I’d suggest a low price, but anything is fine so long as it gives people a backup option if they can’t catch them in cave. Personally I don’t think this is really NECESSARY, but it would fix a lot of the main concerns people have about raising limits.

I wouldn't mind raising the limits to 4. That way it opens up the chance to some players who like to breed checkers. to give us a chance to have two of each gender. I know not everyone cares for lineage, but that's just my two cents. :)

9 hours ago, sorenna said:

I'd  vote strongly against raising the limit the first year.  Look at what we just went though with Halloween - yes, SWs and Lurkers sat there for a few minutes, but I barely saw Omen eggs in the holiday biome, people were snatching them up so fast.  (And then trying to trade them for Golds.) 

This.

9 hours ago, sorenna said:

I'd say waiting at least three years from an egg's release before allowing people to have more CBs; otherwise it'd be a horrible scrum.  Waiting longer to raise the CB limit (and raising the limit minimally - I was originally popping into the thread to suggest 3, like GoNs.  But definitely no more than 4, and I like the idea of the limit staying 2 for the initial release) would help keep older breeds from becoming biome blockers while giving new players a more even chance to pick up past eggs of all years.

Were you here last year?  the only ones people wanted then were Marrows and Pumpkins (the two oldest) and were actually MAD that more recent ones such as witchlights (from 2 years ago) were so much more common in the biome to the point that TJ had to readjust the ratios so that older ones dropped more often and recent ones less.  Actually, as many people complained about the Omen sprite I'm somewhat surprised over how popular they were this year.  (though I'll also note I had no trouble catching a cb pair but ended up freezing them because I got zero bites on trades, ...for other halloweens even.)

14 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

The idea of limits-then-not is actually really appealing. I’d suggest a few minor tweaks, though:

- Make them available in the market during breeding week. I’d suggest a low price, but anything is fine so long as it gives people a backup option if they can’t catch them in cave. Personally I don’t think this is really NECESSARY, but it would fix a lot of the main concerns people have about raising limits.

I'd love this! And with raising the initial limit too, I can help catch for others the same year as well (something I love to do) :D 

Edited by Cinspawn

15 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

This is my favorite suggestion so far! I think this would eliminate a lot of the issues people have with increasing the limits but still allowing those who wish to load up on a certain breed the option to do so.

16 hours ago, Syiren said:

I wouldn't mind raising the limits to 4. That way it opens up the chance to some players who like to breed checkers. to give us a chance to have two of each gender. I know not everyone cares for lineage, but that's just my two cents. :)

The only holiday breeds that have different genders as CBs are Halloweens - and they are unlimited already. So, you can only raise 4 of the same gender. (No, CB hollies and/or mistletoes cannot be influenced, HM hollies are the only CB females.)

Edited by olympe

2 hours ago, olympe said:

The only holiday breeds that have different genders as CBs are Halloweens - and they are unlimited already. So, you can only raise 4 of the same gender. (No, CB hollies and/or mistletoes cannot be influenced, HM hollies are the only CB females.)

*facepalm* Wow.....just wow. You think after having a scroll since 2012 I'd remember this by now. Just.....I'm sorry. =_=;

I still like the idea of 4 total each though. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind having unlimited CB holidays - because, let's be honest, no matter where a limit is set, we will ask for more. Eventually. ;) 

There's still the issue of heavy competition, which is especially bad for players who haven't been able to get their original two yet. If you think of how many people didn't manage to get CB omens despite trying, then you get an idea of what "no limits" will be like. Or how many people haven't been able to get a holly or yule last Winter, or how many people didn't manage to catch their fill of CB Val '09s.

Well, having limits isn't going to help either considering how few people are able to pick up in the biomes and make them move.