angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

9 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Same logic for number of eggs for both, actually.

Is it that the same number of eggs, on average, actually have been dropping and people just want these ones more?

I have no clue what that means either- I know I've heard people say it's based on number of people online at a time.. in which case they're might've been more people consistently online for halloween due to the event's nature- but I could be very wrong.

TJ already said elsewhere that he hasn't seen any major differences in the amount of people online and thus the amount of eggs being spawned, FWIW.

I am not particularly in favor of removing limits but it won't be a huge deal for me if they are removed. I am really happy with the general direction in which the game is going this year with respect to holidays, it's  everything I could ask for really.

I'm OK with keeping the current limits (except for the Aegis breed - you can't really start your own lineage with just one sprite of each version), but if they are raised, I think it would be good to raise them by one additional dragon per breed per year.  By year, I mean the year you've been playing (or starting with the year it's instituted, for current players). 

The way it would work is that during your first holidays on the site, you can only have 2 of each breed.  The second year, you can have 3, the next year 4, and so on.  That way you can get more, but there's less competition between players who already have CB's, and those who don't.  Your stock is limited so they're still special, but you know that eventually you'll be able to attain more.

That sounds like an interesting idea, I think. Compromise between +2/year and keeping the limits, maybe?

29 minutes ago, olympe said:

That sounds like an interesting idea, I think. Compromise between +2/year and keeping the limits, maybe?

I like the idea of increasing the limit by +2 every year (or +1 a year, or something else that basically rewards players for continuing to remain an active player). One of my concerns is that after everyone has their 2 CBs, the biome will just sit as there will be fewer people *capable* of grabbing them. This could be completely unfounded (only TJ really knows how many new users we get every year, versus how many holiday eggs drop), but it would suck to need one last yulebuck, for instance, and not be able to get it because the biome is blocked with 3 ribbon dancers that no one is capable to get.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:49 AM, DaniBoo said:

True, the holiday biome won't be used by players who have reached the limit but it will be used by new players.

I support a raised limit to 4 CB holidays, but taking away that limit gives puts new players and players without certain breeds at a disadvantage when the limits were set to give everyone a level playing field.

ay new players would pick them up but consider this

this entire holiday week the eggs were being picked up so that the biome was empty between every 5 mins. now next year thats not going to happen because the majority of us got our fill. so any new players would pick up the eggs but there would not be enough of them to make the biome move. it would stagnate and be stuck with cb mistletoes, snows, agesis, etc that no one can pick up because of the limits putting everyone at a disadvantage because no one can see or reach that one last holly or yulebuck they need.

and i would like to point out that people being unable to grab certain eggs isnt a disadvantage in this game. the game isnt required to give players the eggs they want. it takes luck and perseverance. 

Well I am not “new” and in all likelihood will not have 1 CB of every Christmas past dragon as there are 4 breeds I was unable to snag in CB form as of yet so the Holiday area would still be useful to me if available ever again even with 2 egg limit per breed... but in considering new players (I just helped a new person start) they only get 4 egg slots so this Christmas Holiday biome gave them a chance to get 2 older CBs on top of this year’s dragon. So Holiday Biome in my opinion are useful as new people have chances to get eggs and old players like me who stopped playing or missed a holiday because of real life issues do come back and we get a chance to get a few eggs we missed. I am very thankful TJ09 decided to do the holiday biomes and the new player I helped was super excited to have a chance to get some Christmas past dragons too. 

As to limits I like them on these breeds only becuase it does make it doable for people to get the eggs versus not at all. I worked hard to get the CBs I have gotten and though some folks did it with ease many folks had difficulty... I often saw the eggs only to be out clicked as did others so the limits do help. Grant you the new release we have 3 days to get but older breeds good lord it was hard for me to snag the CBs I did get, cell phone folks, folks on slower internet or limited internet service must really had it tough even for the current year, it took me a bit to get my 2 for this year. So I do think the limits help... of the Christmas Past dragons, I think only 2 came directly from the holiday biome the rest I found in the AP as the holiday biome got wiped out faster than I could refresh after the someone else got it message popped up instead of the egg. 

I personally like the 2 egg limit. If the limit gets increased I would prefer it be 3 instead of 4. Or maybe the idea that longevity in the game ups the limit... but not yearly say every 5 years people get a bonus dragon, maybe randomly assigned them even... something like that. 

Happy Holidays 

It'sssssssss that time again!

Even if the limit will never be lifted entirely, a limit of 4 excludes no one whatsoever and would be a huge boon to lineage makers (who, if I might be ever so slightly biased, seem to make up a significant portion of DC's most loyal users).

I would still prefer unlimited, however. It works just fine for Halloween. And while I understand wanting to keep holidays low stress, the new relief of knowing anything you miss will come back next year takes a lot of the pressure off.

While I can see the points behind having it be unlimited, I feel that people could struggle to get Holidays if everyone could get as many as they wanted. Some users can get at least 8 at a time, and I’ve struggled to get the new releases for days in the past :( I certainly wouldn’t object to raising it to 4, but I feel like people might hoard if it was unlimited

5 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

While I can see the points behind having it be unlimited, I feel that people could struggle to get Holidays if everyone could get as many as they wanted. Some users can get at least 8 at a time, and I’ve struggled to get the new releases for days in the past :( I certainly wouldn’t object to raising it to 4, but I feel like people might hoard if it was unlimited

What holiday releases have you struggled with? I've managed to get holidays in 1 bar, top-of-a-mountain in-and-out connection settings without too much difficulty. Have you only had issues recently, when old holidays were reintroduced and everyone was swarming to make up for 10+ years of lost time? If you've had issues with new holiday releases, have you tried in the later afternoon of the release day?

My favorite version would still be limited by year. Being able to raise 2 new CBs each year would be perfect, IMHO.

44 minutes ago, olympe said:

My favorite version would still be limited by year. Being able to raise 2 new CBs each year would be perfect, IMHO.

This is fine too, but I know in the past at least TJ said it was too mathematical in determining how many CBs total someone had, so... we'll see if his mind has changed.

But yes, if people are iffy on the unlimited boat--then at least 4, please please! 

I think raising the limit would be a good idea, especially since they are only able to breed their specific breed for a week in the entire year. Having only two CBs really limits the lineages one can start during the year. 

While I can see both sides of unlimited vs limited, I think raising it to at the very least 4 would be a good compromise. I think 6 or even 8 would be better, honestly speaking since I know a lot of people like to collect around 8 CBs per breed.

I request being allowed to have only two growing CBs of each breed on your scroll at a time (and effectively each year), whether it increases to a limit of 4 or of infinity.

Nobody can gobble up all the new eggs, nor all the CBs of the breed released a particular past year, but if you love the breed, you can come back next year and get another two.

(I'm having a bit of a hard choice for the coming halloween, which may be coloring this: new eggies, make up the releases I missed while I was on hiatus, or backtrack to get the ones released before I join.)

Or, if we are going to keep the old holiday biome each year, maybe keep the limits for the year a dragon is released, but you can grab as many as you want the NEXT year.  with egg limits and having to choose which ones you want, I don't think that would really hurt anyone's chances at a specific type.

11 hours ago, Pilauli said:

I request being allowed to have only two growing CBs of each breed on your scroll at a time (and effectively each year), whether it increases to a limit of 4 or of infinity.

Nobody can gobble up all the new eggs, nor all the CBs of the breed released a particular past year, but if you love the breed, you can come back next year and get another two.

(I'm having a bit of a hard choice for the coming halloween, which may be coloring this: new eggies, make up the releases I missed while I was on hiatus, or backtrack to get the ones released before I join.)

This is the only version of this suggestion that I could support.

TJ already pretty much said this would be too much math.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

TJ already pretty much said this would be too much math.

What would be? No/higher limit after a year?

23 minutes ago, osmarks said:

What would be? No/higher limit after a year?

The 2 more every year is too much math because every player would have a different limit.

Adding things like 2 new per year, and so on. As I recall he said up the limit after the first year or nothing,.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Adding things like 2 new per year, and so on. As I recall he said up the limit after the first year or nothing,.

Which is why I said keep the limits the first year, then do away with them.  Assuming the holiday biome remains a thing, people could still hoard more if they wanted, they would just have to wait a year.  And with egg limits I really don't see how that would hurt anyone because everyone is going to have different ones they want to collect.