angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

I still think all of this could be avoided in a better way, make all of the biomes all holidays so the catching isn't funneled into just three eggs, make holiday rarity based on age with the oldest being the most common for the first year or two so catching up is encouraged, do something that helps the over-demand without intruding on someone else's preference of game-play, and hopefully solve the problem permanently instead of just drawing it out.

Which brings me onto the next part of my problem with limits, the old breeds won't stop being an issue if everyone is only allowed a small amount each time, they'll still be the rarest because enough weren't allowed to be raised to even things out, if a most people have as many hollies as they could get then no one gives that much of a flying drake about em anymore, extra limits just make things rarer in the long term.

Remember hollies will still be the rarest if limits are enforced because a they started at a monumentally low number where the others have way more on them, if we limit everything then the ratios of hollies -whatever else will remain about the same, but instead of a 1-100 it will just be 10-1000, better but ultimately still not great.

So rather then limiting things so everyone can get it I say we over-saturate until it would take an unpaid WiFi bill or a week or two in the hospital or something before you can have a hard time getting one.

Wouldn't that be happier? The quick catchers would fill up even faster then they did this time, and the slow catchers would have an easy enough time that it would be a non-issue and nearly everyone would get more then they would if limits where used.

Though I still ultimately agree with Marrionetta and Lyzar for the most part though, ti will probably be fine and everyone shouldn't be handicapped because one or two breeds might be hard to get.

7 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I still think all of this could be avoided in a better way, make all of the biomes all holidays so the catching isn't funneled into just three eggs, make holiday rarity based on age with the oldest being the most common for the first year or two so catching up is encouraged, do something that helps the over-demand without intruding on someone else's preference of game-play, and hopefully solve the problem permanently instead of just drawing it out.

I believe one year before biomes we actually had two rows of eggs (so 6 eggs) for a holiday. Forget which. This could help somewhat.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

I believe one year before biomes we actually had two rows of eggs (so 6 eggs) for a holiday. Forget which. This could help somewhat.

It was black marrows I think.

And not a bad idea but that's still only one biome, if every boime had two rows then this would probably be a potent fix.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:15 AM, blockEdragon said:

I still think all of this could be avoided in a better way, make all of the biomes all holidays so the catching isn't funneled into just three eggs

Gentle reminder that not everyone likes to collect holidays. Some people already dislike the three day drops because they can't cave hunt. Those people should be able to hunt if they want to instead of being pushed out of the cave and AP for over a week. That aside, adding more slots to the re-release biome isn't a bad idea.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:15 AM, blockEdragon said:

Which brings me onto the next part of my problem with limits, the old breeds won't stop being an issue if everyone is only allowed a small amount each time, they'll still be the rarest because enough weren't allowed to be raised to even things out, if a most people have as many hollies as they could get then no one gives that much of a flying drake about em anymore, extra limits just make things rarer in the long term.

That's not how limits would work, though?

If Holidays were limited to two CBs and everyone who was active picked up their two Hollies just like they do for the new release, then CB Hollies should be just as rare as the newly released holiday because everyone would have two of each. With unregulated drops like Halloweens you'll find people that range from a modest 1-8 CBs to people with over 100.

Edited by 11th
Wanted to fix a typo before the thread possibly gets perma locked. >v>;

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I love the argument "Christmas is about giving, Halloween is about being greedy!".  That might have been the logic behind the different limits, but it's had the opposite effect on the cave community.  The unlimited Halloweens have led players to be FAR FAR more generous to other players not only in the past, but this year as well.  Christmas and Valentines, everyone only thinks about themselves and what best benefits their ability to get what they need.

Some factors we can not account for: some people will always have slower internet, some people will always have more family stuff going on and less time to hunt, some people do not have a computer and have to use their phone.  This is not something to base any decisions on, because someone is ALWAYS going to be left out no matter what we do.  Players experiences are not the same. Example: before my ancient laptop from college died it had the crappiest internet ever, yet I caught more nice stuff with it then I still mange with my newer/faster PC.

I still say we need to see if getting old CBs back is going to happen first, before we try to dictate how it should change.  But try this:  take Hollies out of the equation.  If "omg-super-rare-much-trade-value" dragon is taken out of the idea: how would you limit or not limit these holidays.  Because everything else will lose a lot of the hype pretty quick.  Hollies will take a few more years, but they will get there, so don't plan for them.  And if you do, so what if a player gets 8 of them and you don't.  That's 8 more CB's that will be making short lineages next year. The big hype with hollies is they are so old and the player base so much larger than it was, that many of the players aren't even around anymore.  So anything that gets more into circulation, is still a good thing.  Don't plan for that trading power that hollies have now, there is no way to add a chance for more hollies for everyone AND keep that trade value.  So don't look at hollies when making plans for what you want/don't want to see happen.

This, very much. If it all happens, limit free, I may be lucky - as Hollies aren't top of my list. Even so....

12 hours ago, EscapistLore said:

Thats true. Some people will miss out. That also doesnt mean we want to require people sit at their computer all day over Christmas (if you celebrate) instead of being with family? Christmas and vday are typically less stressful than is Halloween. 

As another note - It isnt the trading value of Hollies that make them desirable for everyone. Just scroll goals, 99% of people are missing cbs.

I dunno about you, but I'd really like everyone be able to breed their own lineages with the hollies instead of have some people just look on longingly while others can breed a ton. Yeah, we definitely want them in circulation, but I think everyone getting.. 5, for eg, is best, rather than the hecticness that holly hunting will be without those limits.

So I dont think we can take the Hollies out of the equation, as thats not being considerate to the people who would miss out this year (again, my opinion. i dont speak for others) :)

We can't take anything out of an equation; for every person who says they are easy/rare/impossible/want the  hangbutt back there is another who says the opposite.

We are all individuals, says Monty Python... :lol:

11 hours ago, EscapistLore said:

I had been talking with a friend between the rushes. They tried for several hours to get CB pumpkins and it took a long while. Over Christmas, people may not have that time..

I'm like Shadow, though - I'm a fast catcher. Not the fastest for sure, but I was locked after an hour with the cbs, and I saw conversations with people not locked til the next day.

And Marri is right. Without the limits would eventually work out. It would. And I'd go on gifting with or without. That was very well spoken.

I just prefer a solution where people who can't compete don't be left out for this year and maybe next.

Yes - whatever happens will work out in the end, however much argument there is here.

10 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I actually think "I can get them easily so obviously everyone else can too so they should be unlimited because there won't be any problems" is the worst mindset in this thread. People are bringing up some very good, valid concerns, and others are just brushing them away because they don't believe it's a valid problem, even though people are saying through experience that it is.

It's true, after four or five years of old CBs dropping most older users would be able to get what they need regardless of limits/unlimited, and really sought-after breeds may not be so hard to get because more people will have their fill. But we aren't talking about four or five years from now (at least I'm not). I would like the game to be playable *now* to the best extent that it can be. If, just throwing numbers out there, 200 users are unable to get Hollies the first year because there are no limits so everyone else is snatching them up, but those 200 users could perhaps get them in year 2 or year 3.... If we maintain *some* sort of limit, it's very very likely that those 200 users would not be left out in the cold that first year. And maybe I'm just a short-term looker, but I'd much rather have *more* people be able to get *some* CBs *this* year, then have *some* people be able to get *tons* this year while others are left out.

And it sort of saddens me that people bring up very valid issues like mobile, internet speed, reflexes, etc etc and the response is basically "that's not a reason". Well if nothing we say is a valid reason then what's the point in having this discussion in the first place? It seems rather insulting when users bring up issues based on experience and others just shoot it down as not a valid reason.

As always - Marie19 hits nails on the head. I am 73 years old, not the fastest of reflex, and I have played on both sides of the globe, on various machines with various platforms, on 52k dialup even. Sometimes I got amazing results on the dial-up; sometimes catching on my whizzy new machine in Canada was almost impossible. Sometimes the issues are actually geographic. TJ has said using a different layout doesn't make it all faster - several of us have found it does so - one person even did a timed test. Our experiences vary - from each others' and even from TJ's. We can't go around saying well, it works/doesn't work for me, so you must be wrong. My experience is as valid as anyone's even if it isn't the same as the loudest people in any give thread.

I would prefer to see some limits remain. At least until we see how it pans out - and assuming that we do get re-released CBs. Quite honestly, if I were TJ, I might be thinking - not now, anyway ! The idea of a limit of 5 is inspired, and I would back it. If not 5 - then 3, for the same reasons.

9 hours ago, EscapistLore said:

And who knows - where I am, maybe the grass -is- purple. Everyone comes to the game with different abilities and different computers, or phones... Everyone's experiences could be right. We all have different opinions. 

I still feel that having a higher limit would make it the most fun for the most people. I don't think Marri, for eq, is greedy or selfish for indicating that she thinks otherwise, nor do I think you are. I will admit, it does sadden me a bit that the internet speed/reflexes thing is being discounted so much when it was a large issue for some people this past Halloween, as far as time spent hunting a breed, and Halloween didn't have a holly-rarity breed. And then I compare it to myself, who had no issues getting any egg or breed I wanted this Halloween and.. Well, I worry. That's what I do best, anyways. XD

Not for me. But... I'd hate for people to look back on the rerelease, if it happens, and be like.. man. That sucked. I didn't have the time to get what I wanted due to xyz, or, man, I wish I could have caught abc but I tried and couldn't. I know that won't be everyone, but.. man, I'd be sad if I were them. Perhaps for the first rerelease we need the limits, since hollies will go like mad.. but once everyone has,4, 5, whatever amount, next year might cool down a bit. I don't know. I just want as many people to be happy as possible, ya know? 

Edit - I just googled. There totally is purple grass! I didn't know that. XD

This, too. A higher limit - sure. But not no limit. At least not until we've had a couple of limited years to even things out some.

9 hours ago, raindear said:

This is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

Everyone here is only able to express his own opinion based on his own experiences. No two people have the same experiences, nor can they see things exactly the same way. Dismissing another person's opinion or experience is not useful to the discussion.

Many of us think of ourselves as "ordinary" so we think if we are able to do something - whether that is catching a particular dragon or baking a cake - we think everyone else is able to do it, but that is not true. Just because I was able to catch just about everything I wanted on Dragon Cave doesn't mean that any one other person doesn't have a much different experience here.

In my experience at every holiday since I joined, there have always been a few wonderful people catching eggs, waiting for 5 hours and gifting them to catch more. Usually by the end of the release eggs were easier to catch even for those who had miserable luck catching other things in the cave. Then, there were holiday eggs in the AP for a while after the holiday drop ended.

I expect that if TJ is going to have the special biome for the holiday or for Valentine's he already has the coding he wants in place and ready to go. He has said before not to use "coding difficulty" as a reason for or against an idea. If past holidays are going to be released - and I certainly hope they are - I am willing to go with whatever he has in place. Limits or not, whether I finally catch CB Hollies or not I will be happy to see others get a chance to get the holidays they have been wanting for so long. I watch and hope.

*applauds*

7 hours ago, 11th said:

This is what I was trying to get at earlier in the thread. (I'm just really bad a figuring out how to say things, sorry. ;n; )

As much as it can frustrate me at times, I love actually being able to work with people to finish holiday lines, and looking at those lines and seeing all of the different scrolls that helped build it. The rest of the year I tend to stay in my little bubble, collecting and breeding for myself, but during the Winter Holiday and Valentine's rushes I get eggs from tons of people I would normally never talk to, and breed-gift and throw AP finds at people because I know that it will make their week a little easier or help them finish that one special holiday line that they've been working on for years. (I've also been on the receiving end of those kinds of gifts, having worked on some higher Gen lines.)

Halloween has never really felt that way to me, even this year. I've seldom felt bad about keeping 2nd Gens out of the breeding pool because of how many eggs are flying around, but I wouldn't dream of doing it for the other holidays. A lot more breed-gifting seems to be happening, but it seems to be because people threw their breeding plans out the window to grab CBs instead.

I just worry that people will think "If everyone can get as many CBs as they want, and can breed as much as they want, then what's the point in sharing anything?"

That is SUCH a good point. *cuddles the Hallowe'en eggs kind people bred to further my lines*

People can't get unlimited CBs because we have egg and scroll limits. We also have to find mates for our 2Gs no matter how many CBs we get. More CBs around (I hope) will make that easier. I know several of my 2G Holidays were raised with the promise of the parents being named. That never happened. So with more around hopefully I can afford to be pickier.

As for Hollies I hope there's a release so we can stop hearing about Hollies.

Here's an idea. Why don't we keep limits for Christmas 2017, then starting at Valentine's Day 2018 and continuing forever, limits are removed. That way, Christmas 2018, everyone starts on an equal footing of 2 CBs of each breed, 2g Hollies are being circulated through the AP, and those that want more than 2 CB of anything can get 'em. And Valentine's Day doesn't really have a Holly equivalent, so it's a good holiday to start it then instead of Christmas. Hollies just seem to be everyone's big concern; without them, I feel like more people would be fine with no limits. So I'd like to be able to get no limits in while helping those with slow internet or not enough time during Christmas; at least they have a "guaranteed" 2 CB Hollies, just like everyone else. I think it's the best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

Here's an idea. Why don't we keep limits for Christmas 2017, then starting at Valentine's Day 2018 and continuing forever, limits are removed. That way, Christmas 2018, everyone starts on an equal footing of 2 CBs of each breed, 2g Hollies are being circulated through the AP, and those that want more than 2 CB of anything can get 'em. And Valentine's Day doesn't really have a Holly equivalent, so it's a good holiday to start it then instead of Christmas. Hollies just seem to be everyone's big concern; without them, I feel like more people would be fine with no limits. So I'd like to be able to get no limits in while helping those with slow internet or not enough time during Christmas; at least they have a "guaranteed" 2 CB Hollies, just like everyone else. I think it's the best of both worlds.

People had trouble catching pumpkins this week, though. Pumpkins arent Holly rarity. I suppose the oldest breeds for all holidays would have this affect.

Perhaps if we invoked a 5 cb limit for the first rerelease of each holiday. Winter and vday. For the second one, no limit? It would allow everyone to get some of what they want and tbh, if everyone has 5 cb hollies, yulebacks, or the oldest vdays, they won't be rare and itll be easier to hunt the next year. Ya know?

Its not just hollies, though that is the easiest example. Again, I had absolutely no issues getting any egg I liked this week! but.... that... isnt the case for a lot of people.

As far as, yeah, we cant get infinite amounts of Hollies. Well. Some of us can get pretty darn close and can rent space from other users in exchange for prizes/altkin. There would be people hoarding a -ton- from trading.

But either way - perhaps a first year limit would be more acceptable for everyone?

I think you bring up a good point that Hollies are just the easiest examples, catching Pumpkins and Marrows was difficult for some people after all. Yeah I mean, if we want a 5 limit instead of 2 for the first year of both Christmas and Valentine's Day, I'm sure that's not a problem. Then unlimited starting at Christmas 2018 and Valentine's Day 2019 for those holidays. I really like that.

16 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I still think all of this could be avoided in a better way, make all of the biomes all holidays so the catching isn't funneled into just three eggs

Please don't do this, yeah, um, there are people who want to catch other things. And if limits stay in some form, there'll be people who can't get dragons at all except bred ones for an entire week.

Edited by TCA

9 minutes ago, TCA said:

Please don't do this, yeah, um, there are people who want to catch other things. And if limits stay in some form, there'll be people who can't get dragons at all except bred ones for an entire week.

They don't have to drop nothing but holidays, only half the drop could be holidays while the holiday biome could stick around and only drop holidays like I said further back.

I'll say that because that's all that's going on here. Everyone who's pro unlimited is getting their views dismissed because it hurts people who can't compete- which isn't my problem, or the game's problem. You don't have the time/ability/patience to do anything you won't get nice things.

6 hours ago, EscapistLore said:

People had trouble catching pumpkins this week, though. Pumpkins arent Holly rarity. I suppose the oldest breeds for all holidays would have this affect.

Perhaps if we invoked a 5 cb limit for the first rerelease of each holiday. Winter and vday. For the second one, no limit? It would allow everyone to get some of what they want and tbh, if everyone has 5 cb hollies, yulebacks, or the oldest vdays, they won't be rare and itll be easier to hunt the next year. Ya know?

Its not just hollies, though that is the easiest example. Again, I had absolutely no issues getting any egg I liked this week! but.... that... isnt the case for a lot of people.

As far as, yeah, we cant get infinite amounts of Hollies. Well. Some of us can get pretty darn close and can rent space from other users in exchange for prizes/altkin. There would be people hoarding a -ton- from trading.

But either way - perhaps a first year limit would be more acceptable for everyone?

I agree in this sense. If I learned anything from this Halloween rerelease, it's that people were actually generous. Yes, I have limitations due to me using mobile, but on the first day I managed to catch a pumpkin (even though someone generously was going to gift me a pumpkin) and traded for my first CB Desipis. I believe people will be generous, limits or none, and will gift freely. 

So in a way, yes, I vote first year limitations before completely erasing the limitations.

Edited by LadyLyzar
Removing mini modding

5 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

They don't have to drop nothing but holidays, only half the drop could be holidays while the holiday biome could stick around and only drop holidays like I said further back.

Meh? Plus, if rerelease dragons drop in the biomes, then you lose the only distinction between rerelease and original-year dragons, the caught biome.

Personally, I think there's one very different chink to work out in order to make gifting holiday dragons more feasible: The ability to teleport new CB eggs (with the 5-hour cooldown only applicable to abandoning the egg). Because, let's face it, many of us try to get as many new holiday dragons as we possibly can - be they lineaged or CB. However, CBs cannot be gifted without sitting on our scrolls for 5 hours - hours that may discern whether we'll be able get one additional batch of eggs or not.

But that, I'm afraid, is a very different discussion overall.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It is on topic. I have my idea bout the game, you have yours. but I get called greedy for mine, even though I'm not the one proposing a limit so I can get a Holly.

Hey, take a deep breath, please. We really don't want the thread shut down. Its not that people are impatient or lazy, so that shouldn't come into this, please? *hands over a cookie*

Now, what are your thoughts on limits the first year, and after that, none? This addresses our concerns of everyone being able to get them, and yours and others of wanting to get as many as possible. As Marri said, things would work out after a few years either way - I think this would make the most people happy.

I would totally agree with limits the first year and then unlimited after, that would definitely help with some of my concerns.

I don't think anyone here is being greedy, but I do think that everyone should try to understand each other's point of view. Some people have specific reasons for wanting unlimited, and that should be taken into consideration, just as the reasons for wanting some sort of limit should be taken into consideration and not pushed aside.

19 minutes ago, TCA said:

Meh? Plus, if rerelease dragons drop in the biomes, then you lose the only distinction between rerelease and original-year dragons, the caught biome.

And?

The older holidays actually are all from the cave and there's no distinction between the two except for date.

Not only that but why do they need some kind distinction in the first place? This "but then X won't be special" argument never really sways me because the rest of the user-base is entirely excluded just to make a an older and almost always smaller group feel special for being older at the expense of everyone else who has NO chance of getting the same things.

Edited by blockEdragon

I'd be in support of an initial 2017-2018 limit that is gradually lifted to unlimited the next year. (edit because Valentine's is 2018.) 

@blockEdragon - Beyond the "because special" reasoning, people prefer to have holidays from biomes or cave to help with breeding. For example, my old CB graves all have biomes, but these new ones are from the cave. It changes the outcome of breeding for coppers and other dragons that breed depending on where the parent is from. 

Edited by Jazeki

Knock it off.

This topic will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours.  The next time I have to close it, it will be closed permanently.

Topic reopened. 

(Sorry for the delay.  I meant to open it last night, but apparently my ISP exploded.)

Discuss away - just keep it civil, please.  No insults.

On 30.10.2017 at 11:36 PM, StarSea said:

Just going to put my thought out there, and I'm sure it's probably an extremely rare take on the limits, but...

To me the "Christmas and Valentines are about giving" in relation to the CB limit means encouraging giving offspring. If you only have 2 CBs, and you don't want to inbreed, you're going to have to get help from others with it. While yeah, they might rather trade, there are a lot of nice people who are more than happy to gift their offspring instead. It also encourages connecting to others from the userbase and while I enjoy that DC is rather secluded for the most part, the little dependency and connection that this gives (and can even require) is nice.

The limit doesn't have to mean giving CBs, it can mean giving offspring and helping with lineages by breeding instead. Other than the Christmas, Valentines, and GoN limits, I don't believe there's any other aspect of the site that encourages you to rely on others and be generous with your offspring to directly help others due to limits like this does.

BECAUSE of the low limits people would averagely ONLY TRADE and never gift. For instance, I had to pay double for Val. x Val. and Chis. x Chris pairings (from various peope) BECAUSE of the limits and people having so few to breed. While, for comparison, most of Halloweens were bred on request (for free). (I'm speaking about me getting 2gens).

Also the game itself doesnt' support interuser interaction... all trades must be done offsite...

Also, I've seen this Halloween. After the hype of the 1st 2 days the Holiday biome was moving slowly. And I'm speaking of CB Pumpkins sitting there..

Also I had no big issues catching the new Halloween - despite my  Internet got off transfer limits and was very slow on Halloween, speed in KBs... also seen my cousins do the catching later that day on my very PC and they had their fills in max 2 xx:x5 drops.

Also no need for limiting new ones - if on Halloween later on the ONLY day they were easy to catch on slow connection, then the other two will be just a pleasure to catch with their THREE days drop... With limits the biomes nearly stop moving later in the FIRST day. The limit is just not needed... they will be still sitting on 2nd day...

Edited by VixenDra

I remember, back when people were first talking about raising the bred limits.... this same discussion happened. Some people were "but others will have trouble!" and the other side was all "But you shouldn't limit the game for a few!" or some such. Basically, this same argument. 

You know what? When the bred limits were raised.... there were more than enough eggs to go around. Waaaaay more than enough. Way way way more. So all that fuss and feathers ruffling over.... a non-event. Now, lets look at this Halloween. And the CBs are back! And what we've found is... Of every breed except Marrow and Pumpkin, both of which had issues during release (and are the oldest to boot), there were more than enough eggs to go around. Way more. I've been tossing them back to the AP on a regular basis.... and that's with no limits. Shadow Walkers weren't that easy to get either, but the newer breeds? Super easy. 

Now, lets examine how someone like me will behave when limited vs unlimited.... because I'm a major hoarder of both CBs and breds. 

So, this Halloween, what did I get? 2 CB Pumpkins (males), by choice. I already have Marrows, and I didn't want more (this year) than 2 CB Pumpkins because I wanted to continue bred lineages. But I do know that others were hoarding Pumpkins and Marrows. In general, if you take breds out of the equation, I'd have snagged a whole bunch of extra Pumpkins and Marrows. As many as I could, because hoarder. 

Now lets look at Christmas, no limits. What will I do? Well.... I already have the limits for everything except Yules and Hollies. I don't like Hollies much but... Scroll goals. So no-limits, I'd go after Yulebucks, Hollies, and Aegis, Mistletoe, and Solstice CBs, with the rest.... probably as I came across them in the AP. So yes, I would hoard as many CBs as I could.... so long as it didn't interfere with my lineage collecting. I'd also trade for more as hatchies, and I've got some pretty serious trading power. So, I'd end up spending lots of time in the Holiday biome and getting a lot of the good stuff because I have access to a super fast connection / computer and am a skilled hunter. 

Now lets look at Christmas, with limits. I'm already at my limits for everything except Yule and Hollies, so I'd go for them first. Once I got those four, I'd leave the biome. But I'd also be super sad I didn't get to get any more Aegis or Solstice, in particular. So, one less person to compete against, but Hollies and Yules (what most people would be going after) would be pretty rare anyway, so only the more skilled hunters would be getting them. So your "average" user will NOT be nabbing Hollies, but more of the not-super users would get some. 

So, where is the actual problem? Is it with limits? or no limits? Or is it with the sheer rarity of the oldest Holidays?

tl;dr

What if you had each breed drop in *inverse* proportion to what is currently on scrolls in CB form? That way, Hollies would drop by far the most common, followed by Yulebucks, then the rest, with the most recently past Holiday the "rarest". That way, you can have no limits, while still spreading the oldest Holidays the furthest. In one year.... it would be equalized. 

Cheers!
C4. 

Personally, I'd be happy keeping the 2 CB limit for the new release and then unlimited in every Christmas/Valentine biome rerelease (I liked what someone said earlier about it being like Tickle Me Elmo at a yard sale, haha). I really don't see the point of an incremental increase at all. 

Furthermore, I can tell you that if there is an no limit, I'll get what I need to meet my scroll goals (which, for me, will only be 2 to 4 of each breed, depending on what i plan to do with them) and then pick up as many rarities (like the godforsaken, overrated hollies) as I can to give away to people who have trouble catching. If there's a limit, I can't be sure that I'll be able to pick up enough to meet my goals if I give some away, so I'm pretty unlikely to give any away at all. Neither a limit nor unlimited will stop me from collaborating with other users to make pretty lineages.

For all that we keep hearing about how "Christmas and Valentine's are for giving and Halloween is for getting as much as you can", I have seen (and offered, if I'm honest) more generosity than ever before on the forums this Halloween. It was downright inspiring. I gave away Marrows and Pumpkins, sent a handful of other past Halloweens to the AP, and participated in the sweep to send as many new release eggs to the AP as possible.

Since these conversations insist in revolving around Hollies, my two cents: there will be a rush to get them the first year, and then they'll be easy to get. I don't care if I manage to get a Holly. I'll try, of course, for scroll goals and lineages, but if I know they're going to be unlimited, it's no longer a big deal for me. There are plenty of other holiday breeds that I think are prettier and more fun, and I'm quite sure there are others with the same mentality. I will do my best to help everyone get the Hollies they want if it's unlimited. If there's a limit, I'll fill up to my limit for myself and call it a day.

Tl; dr Based on how the Halloween rerelease worked, I'm confident that unlimited CBs will encourage generosity rather than encouraging greed.

3 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Tl; dr Based on how the Halloween rerelease worked, I'm confident that unlimited CBs will encourage generosity rather than encouraging greed.

Also this. I've noticed it in times past, both with my own behavior and others: Halloween I'm very generous, even with the oldest breeds of which I have the fewest. With Valentines and Christmas? I'm extremely stingy. Basically, if you want Christmas / Valentine eggs from me... you are prying them out of my cold dead hands, but for Halloween you've basically just to ask. 

So, limits *discourage* sharing, no-limits *encourages* sharing. And yea, after the first year.... the rush on Hollies will vanish because the *only* reason those ugly dragons are so "valuable" is because there are less than 30 CBs in the breeding pool..... split between two sexes. I'll wait a year to get Hollies... because I know that the following year they'll be a dime a dozen and there are other, prettier breeds out there. Like Aegis. 

Cheers!
C4.