angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

I would be more in favor of this if we could influence the genders of the new Valentine/Christmas dragons, and/or have dimorphism. If you lift the limit, lift it right.

But to be honest I do not care much. (I wasn't happy about the holidays on scroll limit being lifted but I am over it. I guess limits do not matter much anymore, do they?)

Edited by Mondat

I'm meh about this. I won't be disappointed if it isn't implemented, but I would like to have more CBs. I definitely believe there should be a cap though. Four does sound like reasonable number.

Seems fine. Though I think I'd rather have the breeding season lengthened by 1 week to two. It seems like we keep running into glitches, data center failures and what have you. Having 2 weeks would make the glitches a moot point. And if we had more cbs, we'd need the time.

I also like the idea of 4 CBs, this gives a little more flexibility without being crazy.

80 + Halloweens? Why? ohmy.gif

Also, if you know someone who is multiscrolling, I wish you would report it to TJ. That's not cool. If you don't want to do it, pm me the names, and I'll report it. That kind of thing makes me mad!

I don't know if we need the breeding time to be two weeks, but maybe 10 days instead of 7?

4 gives more chances in case of a refusal,

Cheers!

C4.

OK....

Holiday breeding refusals are turned off found that on the Ultimate guide to DC located on the forums.

Nope. Rejections are turned off for holidays during their holiday. Even if they reject out of season, they should still be able to breed in season. Note that just because you wait until the holiday to breed a holiday dragon to its mate, this doesn't mean they will be automatically compatible out of season.

I'm still saying no need to turn off limits. Theres not one. even an increase unless you just like freezing.. but to that I'd say use 2nd gens or messys

If anything I think the limits are relics of the past, things that are in place just because they have always been.

The current holiday release mechanisms are already geared toward holiday cheer rather than competition. I have not seen a single Halloween (the only holiday without the dreaded limits) that gives any sort of difficulty since like... the Shadow Walker (2011)?

And I'm not even a great catcher by any stretched meaning of the word.

OK....

Holiday breeding refusals are turned off found that on the Ultimate guide to DC located on the forums.

I'm still saying no need to turn off limits. Theres not one. even an increase unless you just like freezing.. but to that I'd say use 2nd gens or messys

Holiday breeding is 1 week out of 52 weeks in a year. And for the other 51 weeks, refusals DO happen. And when it involves something like a Prize stairstep and a Christmas / Valentine, you've got just 2 chances for them to like each other. Many people have had their Prize refuse BOTH CBs.

Its less of a big deal with Golds and Silvers, because the Golds and Silvers can (with time) be replaced, but for someone who struggled to get that CB Gold in the first place and doesn't have another... Having a double refusal can also be really hard.

So yep. I support increasing the limit to 4.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm not really opposed to this idea, but I can't support it either.

Caveborns never drop again after their initial release (excluding the possibility of a HM raffle win), meaning there's no way to 'go back in time' to get more caveborns. So since I can't get more old holiday releases, I'd rather keep the new releases with the 2 per scroll limit.

As for the multiers I know someone who hits halloween with 6 scrolls to get a ton then turns around and trades for CB metals and well tries for 2nd gen prizes. ( if you want proof PM for scroll names)

You should report this to TJ. Multiscrolling is against the rules, and it's NOT okay to cheat like that! dry.gif

Can't stand those that cheat and don't play fair! mad.gif

ONE scroll for ONE person!

If you don't want to report him\her, send me the names, and I'll do it.

Against extension of the breeding window, it is enough to breed 3 times...

as for the main idea, there ARE people who miss out on halloween dragons even though they try. So i am against this as well, unless there'd be something in place to guarantee success for everyone.

But, again, are CB Holidays really that hard to catch? I've caught CB Holidays within minutes of release on one bar phone connections before, so I really don't see them being that hard to obtain.

No - not now they aren't. Because the people who WOULD catch as many as they could have to stop at 2. Hallowe'ens are harder, which I would suggest shows that a higher limit WOULD make the others harder.

And since TJ drops enough Hallowe'ens for everyone who tries to potentially get 7, I wonder if the likelihood that there are in fact fewer of the other two would exacerbate the difficulty of catching, if we could collect more. No support at all.

Holiday breeding is 1 week out of 52 weeks in a year. And for the other 51 weeks, refusals DO happen. And when it involves something like a Prize stairstep and a Christmas / Valentine, you've got just 2 chances for them to like each other. Many people have had their Prize refuse BOTH CBs.

Its less of a big deal with Golds and Silvers, because the Golds and Silvers can (with time) be replaced, but for someone who struggled to get that CB Gold in the first place and doesn't have another... Having a double refusal can also be really hard.

So yep. I support increasing the limit to 4.

Cheers!

C4.

Shhht C4, there are 3 weeks for holiday breeding: Valentine, Halloween and Christmas tongue.gif

And why 4?

I am all for unlimited + both genders (+- dimorphism) if it happens.

More CB dragons! More breeding possibilities! PB lineages! More CB dragons on people's scrolls so people who missed the drop because they were busy can trade for them (or they can get them from friends for free)!

Because the people who WOULD catch as many as they could have to stop at 2. Hallowe'ens are harder, which I would suggest shows that a higher limit WOULD make the others harder.

And since TJ drops enough Hallowe'ens for everyone who tries to potentially get 7, I wonder if the likelihood that there are in fact fewer of the other two would exacerbate the difficulty of catching, if we could collect more. No support at all.

Everybody can catch up to 7 eggs, unless you're a multi-scroller.

So when the "faster" people have their fill, I do not see why the "slowlier" people cannot get their fill of eggs, too. It works for normal releases and Halloween?

So when the "faster" people have their fill, I do not see why the "slowlier" people cannot get their fill of eggs, too. It works for normal releases and Halloween?

IF there are enough eggs. We know there are almost unlimited Hallowe'en ones - but we've NO idea of the extent to which TJ ties the others to ratios. For normal releases - no, it doesn't work. MANY people never got CB blusangs or CB coppers, to name but two - the flood dried up before they were able to click fast enough. And neither one was supposed to be rare.

And also - we also all know about the multiscrollers. Raising the limit WOULD up their numbers - I am SURE of that. Reporting them may be - IS - a good idea - but I know of at least one who boasted about multiscrolling on another forum, who was reported - and whose scrolls are still up there. sad.gif

And BTW - not everyone can catch up to 7. Not everyone chooses to own enough dragons to have a gold trophy. That's a play -style thing.

Even though I like to keep limits, I wouldn't be opposed to having the limits raised to 4. Also yay for holiday dragons which are not one gender only. smile.gif

No - not now they aren't. Because the people who WOULD catch as many as they could have to stop at 2. Hallowe'ens are harder, which I would suggest shows that a higher limit WOULD make the others harder.

Halloweens are ridiculously easy these days and has been the benchmark for non-regulated holiday release since the very beginning.

Arguing there might be less Christmas/Valentine eggs because they're CB-limited doesn't make sense unless you have statistics to back up that claim.

Halloweens are ridiculously easy these days and has been the benchmark for non-regulated holiday release since the very beginning.

Arguing there might be less Christmas/Valentine eggs because they're CB-limited doesn't make sense unless you have statistics to back up that claim.

I did SAY that only TJ has any idea about that.

Still very much pro the 2 limit.

I'd rather we keep the limit. It's good enough we got the limit lifted for non CB holidays, but I think eliminating the limit altogether is pushing it a bit.

Caveborns never drop again after their initial release (excluding the possibility of a HM raffle win), meaning there's no way to 'go back in time' to get more caveborns. So since I can't get more old holiday releases, I'd rather keep the new releases with the 2 per scroll limit.

I may be misreading this comment, but I really dislike the thought that "I didn't get to have it in the past, so no one should get to have it now." If it changes, it changes for everyone from that point forward. We shouldn't expect for nothing to change simply because it was done that way in the past, and hold everyone back because "we had to suffer with that system so everyone else should, too."

I really like the idea of upping the limit to 4 eggs. I think that would be a great compromise between wanting additional sprites (to freeze, breed, etc) and wanting to keep things easily obtainable for all.

During this last Christmas release, I was extremely shocked by how easy it was to grab eggs. I had my two within a few minutes - and I recall past events taking hours due to lag, other people grabbing them, etc. Out of curiosity, I continued to watch the biomes for the entire release and in many cases, I would see a certain code and that same egg would still be there at the time of the 5 minute reset. This was even happening early on in the release, not just towards the end when everyone may have already grabbed their two eggs.

So I don't know if there'd be a negative effect in increasing the amount of eggs a user is able to acquire. And if there were, it wouldn't surprise me if TJ changed the ratios to allow for more eggs to drop.

I could maybe support a slightly higher limit... Like, say, 4. But not an unlimited number.

This! smile.gif

Shhht C4, there are 3 weeks for holiday breeding: Valentine, Halloween and Christmas tongue.gif

And why 4?

I am all for unlimited + both genders (+- dimorphism) if it happens.

More CB dragons! More breeding possibilities! PB lineages! More CB dragons on people's scrolls so people who missed the drop because they were busy can trade for them (or they can get them from friends for free)!

Four because that's the maximum a brand new user can get. Christmas and Valentines are about sharing, and I personally think that keeping them limited to the maximum a brand new user can get is the most "sharing".

I think increasing from 2 would be good for the a fore stated reasons: sharing and refusals. I was asked to trade a Radiant Angel from Gold Winged Snow Angel. Had I (and everyone else) had 4 Radiant Angels, I'd have said "yes" because I could be fairly sure of getting what I needed in trade. Since I only have 2... I had to keep both breedings for myself.

As for weeks... There is just 1 week of Valentine breedings out of 52 weeks in a year, ie, there is just ONE week that a Valentine dragon can breed in. Same for all the Christmas dragons: they breed true for 1 year out of 52.

And right now with the 3 day drop, a gold scroll user could with no trading get 14 new release eggs. As I think keeping the extended drop time is very important, and letting everyone get a second full load would mean that the demand in the cave never slows down... I think its important to have some sort of limit. So since there would need to be a limit, I think 4 (the maximum a brand new user can get) would be the best one.

Cheers!

C4.

I may be misreading this comment, but I really dislike the thought that "I didn't get to have it in the past, so no one should get to have it now." If it changes, it changes for everyone from that point forward. We shouldn't expect for nothing to change simply because it was done that way in the past, and hold everyone back because "we had to suffer with that system so everyone else should, too."

[...]

I agree with you here.

And on top of that, it isn't like the limit hasn't been increased before. It is told countless times by 2007 Holly owners that they were limited to just 1 (partly because it was ridiculously difficult even with it). By the next year (Yulebuck) the limit is upped to 2.

Four because that's the maximum a brand new user can get. Christmas and Valentines are about sharing, and I personally think that keeping them limited to the maximum a brand new user can get is the most "sharing".

I think increasing from 2 would be good for the a fore stated reasons: sharing and refusals. I was asked to trade a Radiant Angel from Gold Winged Snow Angel. Had I (and everyone else) had 4 Radiant Angels, I'd have said "yes" because I could be fairly sure of getting what I needed in trade. Since I only have 2... I had to keep both breedings for myself.

As for weeks... There is just 1 week of Valentine breedings out of 52 weeks in a year, ie, there is just ONE week that a Valentine dragon can breed in. Same for all the Christmas dragons: they breed true for 1 year out of 52.

And right now with the 3 day drop, a gold scroll user could with no trading get 14 new release eggs. As I think keeping the extended drop time is very important, and letting everyone get a second full load would mean that the demand in the cave never slows down... I think its important to have some sort of limit. So since there would need to be a limit, I think 4 (the maximum a brand new user can get) would be the best one.

Cheers!

C4.

That makes total sense to me!

And I also feel that it's essential to keep the 3-day Drop, as so many people have restrictions on their DC access due to family/Holiday obligations.

Heck, some people miss out even WITH the 3 day Drops!

With a good drop rate, people would still get their 4 quickly and go to participate in the Release 'party' thread discussions or whatever to let others get theirs quickly as well; severe lag typically happens with having backlogged scores or hundreds of people hopelessly refreshing in bursts for inadequate numbers of eggs.

So I'd say, this sounds like a win/win suggestion, and we could just hope that nobody had the (less likely, but does happen dry.gif ) 4 Refusals in attempting the same Holiday pairings, lol.