Angelina Gienah

Scroll Visit Count

It's just a little thing but I think it'd be interesting to have a statistic somewhere where it shows you how many people have visited your scroll. I have my username visible on all of my dragons, and sometimes I can tell someone has clicked on it because my eggs who haven't been put in a nursery yet will all have one or two views on them, so someone had looked at my page.

Not important or a game change by any means; just think it'd be a fun thing to have smile.gif

Do you actually care ?

I can't begin to tell you how much this wouldn't interest me... xd.png

I don't care one way or another how many people look at my scroll, but I think it would be interesting to see. I'm sure the counter on my scroll would remain low.

Haha I know a lot of people probably wouldn't care at all, and some people are likely to never have many views, but it'd be interesting to me smile.gif

My first thought when I saw this suggestion was: what's the point aside from showing how 'popular' your scroll is...thus leading to some form of 'page view' elitism that currently plagues DeviantArt?

Yeah...not on board with this one.

I think it would be ok if it was included along with other stats at TJ's private site stat page you log into. (this is I think part of the API system) I do not think it should be displayed to other users.

I agree with the OP that it could be a fun little fact to have, but I don't really see the use for it. I doubt most people on DC will even care about it.

It is just way too small a thing to matter to most people, maybe make an 'account statistics' in your account settings that could show various facts like that? Like, scroll views, total trades completed, eggs abandoned, other scrolls visited, numbers for how many times each BSA have been used on your scroll, ect.? Ofcourse these numbers should only be visible to you and not to the public.

I know I am not the only one who finds small facts like that fun to look at, but they dose not really do an awful lot which is why I (sadly) do not think such an idea would get much support.

I support the idea of a small statistics-site like that, but only showing scroll-views and potentially have them open to everyone I am rather 'meh' about. :/

Edited by Phenri

I like the idea of this cuz honestly that interests me too. I will get a few eggs and their decent uncommon eggs and such and a few minutes or hours later I have a few clicks and views and it gets me curious as to how many people frequent my page.

It would be nice if the information was privately shown on your personal scroll view or as amthystfire said, in TJ's scroll stats site thing :3

-snip-

I support the idea of a small statistics-site like that, but only showing scroll-views and potentially have them open to everyone I am rather 'meh' about. :/

This is what I am talking about(it is apparently not as well known as I thought :/)

http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check

This is what I am talking about(it is apparently not as well known as I thought :/)

http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check

Oh.. Well, I had no idea that existed xd.png

It is nice tho, I would love to give it more attention or implement it into the Cave/account Settings in some way smile.gif

I guess I'm not really against this, but I doubt many of us really get enough views on our actual scrolls that it would end up being that interesting.