vulturicacid

The Cute War!

The Cute War!

A competition for hatchling freezers!

What is it?

This is a little competiton about collecting and freezing hatchlings; the minor objectives change, but the main objective is... HAVE A LOT OF FUN! And cuter scrolls also. Every five new players a "flash competition" will be set as a quicker side quest, lasting 3 days. Fast trivias can happen anytime, lasting 24 hours. And there are prizes also! What are you waiting for?

Rules and guidelines

*Forum rules apply

*You may not post in purple (that's my color) or red (that's the joining form color)

*Anyone can enter!

*You may leave gifts here too

*Each scroll can have up to one army, but you may team up with other users

*Each army must have one, and only one, captain

*Only hatchlings with the army name in their name will be counted as part of it

*No two armies can have the same name

*Your army can have up to 15 breeds, and you must put the list together somewhere

*You must keep your whole army together somewhere. I recommend making a Google Spreadsheet with this format

*Non-freezers by principle: you may enter using a pygmy army --because they are cute and tiny-- if, and only if you have zero frozen hatchies in your scroll. Chickens do count. If a frozen is seen on your scroll, you'll be greyed out the game until you join with a frozen army

Ranks

*Captains' names must start with "Captain"

*Whites, Christmas and Valentines can't be captains or soldiers, only nurses

*Magis, Blacks and other magi users are considered mages

*Coast dragons are considered marine

*Pygmies are spies. You can choose if your Seawyrm is a spy or a marine

*Storms and Daydreams in stage two, drakes and Baloons are part of the air force

*Other dragons are just soldiers

*Any dragon can be a nurse, except for agressive ones

The army list

Key: army name . forum name . scroll link . breeds collected and stages. list of soldiers . captain name and link

*Cutepie . umbreon_rock . umbreon_rock . breeds collected . list of soldiers . Captain Bradamante Cutepie

*Noob . ForNarniaMC . ForNarniaMC . breeds collected . list of soldiers . Captain Noobflame De Dragnaire

*Apple . AppleMango . omgmonkeydaage . Pygmies (all except pumpkins) . list of soldiers . Captain Apple

*Black . little-star . LIttle-Star . Ridgewings, Whites, Daydreams (s2 only), Waters, Dark Myst Pygmies . list of soldiers . Black Captaine

*Elements . MyaMouse . MyaMouse. Red and Guardian. None yet until my Guardian Hatchie genders . Captain Orion Elements

Joining

Now that you know everything you need, you can join us! Just fill this form below:

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][U]I want to join![/U][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Forum username:[/B]
[B]Scroll name and link:[/B]
[B]Army name:[/B]
[B]Info:[/B] (to make my life easier; please remove the *s, but keep the "code" tags. I'll copy+paste it in the above list)[*CODE][b]army name[/b] . forum name . scroll name and link . breeds collected and stages. list of soldiers . captain name and link[*/CODE]

Recruiting reports

To make sure you keep your army growing, you should report new soldiers. This can be done individually or in batches, but it is needed. Something very quick:

[size=5][b]Recruiting report![/b][/size]
[b]Army name:[/b]
[b]Soldiers recruited:[/b] (please use lineage links; adding breeds/ranks is optional)

Banners

Please show your support and spread this to the world by putting a banner in your sig. You can also make your own!

user posted image

[url=http://goo.gl/8RzqAi][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/ZCc5TRG.png][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://goo.gl/8RzqAi][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/OJfzyLx.png][/url]

Current competition is in following post

Edited by umbreon_rock

Poetry is in the air!

Let's write, shall we?

user posted image

Oh, spring! Everyone gets so romantic! The dragons are wooing around, everyone gets dreamy... The hatchies are feeling it too! So this season they won't fight... physically. We'll have a writing contest!

The contest

For this contest you should write a story or a poem in which your army's captain is the protagonist, or through the captain's point of view. You choose the theme, just keep it appropriate!

To enter, fill this little form:

[COLOR=red][size=7][u][b]I want to enter the contest![/b][/u][/size][/color]
[B]Army name:[/B]
[B]Story:[/B] (you may also write it somewhere else and link here)

Entries will be accepted and can be edited until June 21st, and the winner will be announced on the following week, probably in the 27th. This competiton's host is me, umbreon_rock, so I'll judge it. The winner gets the offspring of any two dragons on my scroll or will be the next host.

Entries

*Noob army . Whispers of Love

Edited by umbreon_rock

Army name: Noob Army

Story:

The Whispers of Love

The flowers have sprung, the birds are singing. The trees are swaying and the children are laughing. The spring breeze came, and what did I hear in my ear?

Ah, the whispers of love.

The winter is meeting its end. Cold, dreadful days are flying away. There is no more flames, but a gust of the spring breeze. And a whisper came into my ear, soft and low.

My eyes were dim, but brighten when I saw her. Yes, I saw her. Her breath was like a thousand of scented roses. Wings of glory sprouted from her majestic back. Her scales shine a brilliant gold. She spoke, in a soft and gentle voice, "Roses are beautiful, yet its thorns are deadly. Is this what I see?" Her words rang in my ears.

Her soft, velvety paw stretched out, hoping to grasp the heart of mine. I strectch mine out, with my head up to the quiet sky. Silence filled the air, and the soft wind blew.

In a flash, in a twinkling of an eye. Oh no! Dread filled my heart. Pain rang in my ears. Is that what is hear? The sounds of mourning, the songs of death. The sky darkened, the rain fell. I looked, and how enranged am I! The dark dragon, bowed like a knight. Wait, he bowed to her! Her eyes looked at that dreaded creature. Her paw stuck out once more. I could not take it anymore.

Ah, where are the whispers of love?

Running, chasing, flying towards that horrible being. A storm is brewing in my heart. Death is certain, only one can be on the chart. The sounds of his cries sastify me. My tail flung at him, the nasty creature is soon down. Suddenly, a claw scratched me. His claw is for all to see! I bit his wings of black, and the silence was soon back. My breath was heavy, my wings are hurting. My life flashed, from the day I was born.

Enjoy the calm before the storm.

The sound of beating wings, its the time to be the king. The battle won't be over without the shedding of blood. Scratches and scars marked this day. "The fight is intense," thats what they say. A long time now, the final blow. I finished him off, and threw him into the ground, strong and bold. There he lay, without a sound. I have won the prize. Victory is mine.

What is the prize?

Not gold and silver, but the heart of hers. I bowed and held my paw out again. She spoke, in a soft and gentle voice, "Roses are beautiful, but its thorns are deadly. Is that what I see?" She grasp my paw, smiling with happiness. I found the true treasure, it was her, my love.

Ah the whispers of love.

-Noobflame De Dragnaire, Captain of the Noob Army.

Phew! That took some time to write this poem/story! I hope you enjoyed it. 'I' is actually Noobflame De Dragnaire, not me (ForNarniaMC). smile.gif

Edited by ForNarniaMC

@ForNarniaMc you have been entered. As a note, you should update your captain's name, just by adding Captain in front of it. I had totally forgotten this rule, hope you don't mind it c:

I updated my captain's name wink.gif

Suggestion:

I would suggest a rank named Air force

They are for balloons and daydreams (Yeah yeah, you might say, "But dragons can fly!" Some S2 hachlings have no wings and some breeds are wingless.)

@ForNarniaMC, I updated your army (see you added Pygmies to your form) and do you collect all Pygmies or just the classic orange?

Plus I added the new rank, the Air Force, for Drakes, Baloons and s2 Storms and Daydreams c:

I would say all Pygmy breeds smile.gif

Army Update: Sorry, but this is not going to be the last army update (I think ) sad.gif I am going to accept Golds, Male Silvers and Storms.

Edited by ForNarniaMC

Uggggggghhhhh, I love this idea SO MUCH! but I HATE freezing hatchlings and I'm so conflicted because I really REALLY want to join. D;

@ForNarniaMC I'll update as soon as I can get on my notebook.

@AppleMango well, I also didn't on the beginning, but it grew on me because omg so cute! You can support me by putting a link on your sig tho, or maybe I can get you to host a competition someday c:

Edit: updated! Plus I'll have a "flash comp" as soon as we get 5 players owo

Edited by umbreon_rock

I've been playing on and off since 2008 so I don't think my feelings about freezing hatchlings will change, sorry. sad.gif

EDIT: What if I join but instead of freezing the hatchlings I use pygmys? They're around the same size. smile.gif If you don't want that it's fine but yeah.. smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango

Yay! Thanks! biggrin.gif

I thought since I'm only using pygmies that each pygmy could be a different type. smile.gif

Here is my plan, and the reasons that I chose each one. I think I did pretty well. tongue.gif

Captain - Pygmy

They're kind of the captains of pygmies. They are the original pygmy and when someone says pygmy dragon this is probably the first one you think of.

Nurse - Misfit

This probably makes the least amount of sense when you first look at it. But, misfit pygmies often play tricks on other dragons, right? So I imagine that they would often play tricks on each other, so they probably learn pretty well how to heal different injuries. smile.gif

Soldier - Crimson Flare

They are red like blood ;o

Marine - Seawyrm Pygmy

A bit obvious. tongue.gif

Spy - Nilia

They blend in with sky so I imagine they would be the hardest to see. smile.gif I originally had dark mysts as spies but I like it this way better.

Air Force - Dark Myst

They're dark so would be able to fly well undetected at night.

They were also the last one left... tongue.gif

Also, I know there is only one captain, but I was hoping maybe I could give the others different titles? Like Lieutenant, Major, Colonel etc.

Only if that's alright with you of course. smile.gif I will do all the naming and make a spreadsheet and everything tomorrow night when I get home, because I'm going to bed now. smile.gif

Thanks so much for letting me join with pygmies!

I haven't 100% decided yet, but they will probably be the Apple army. smile.gif

@AppleMango go ahead! Names are totally up to you. I really liked your idea for ranks c:

I'll add you as soon as you post the form wink.gif

I want to join!

Forum username: AppleMango

Scroll name and link: Omgmonkeyrdaage

Army name: Apple Army

Breeds and stages collected: All Pygmies(not pumpkins though)

Captain name and link: Captain Apple

List of soldiers Google Doc~

I'm glad you like it! biggrin.gif and sorry I totally forgot the form lol rolleyes.gif

I updated my google doc so it links to all my pygmies. I also renamed them all to fit the theme. smile.gif

Here's why I chose the names I did:

I used this to pick different ranks for my captains. smile.gif

I realised I have no misfit pygmies right now, but I haven't figured out how to name them yet so that's a bit good I guess.

I used this to name the soldiers. The ones I've named so far all have different 'Private' ranks. After I use all of those I will start naming them REC (name).

The Seawyrms have AB in their name because of this. I used the Seaman(SMN) rank originally but dragcave didn't like it so I changed it to the next rank up, AB.

I think the choice for my spies names is a bit obvious tongue.gif

I used this to name the Dark Mysts. I might change up the ranks as I get more but for now they're AC and ACW. smile.gif

I like the whole idea but my only problem to join this is the naming thing... All my dragons but 4 have song titles as names :S, guess I would've to find a word that appears in a lot of song titles for my army name unsure.gif

Little-Star, you could always just add the army name after the song title....I don't know if that would work but yeah.

@Little-Star, as AppleMango said, you may add the army name after the music name, or rename your dragons. Anyway you choose you are welcome to join. "Musical" would be a good name for you army wink.gif

This looks interesting....

Can i join with a DC drake army?

Also... the drakes need to be frozen at S1 or S2 stage?