TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

Yay, I managed to collect all the V-Day dragons from the years I missed! /stoked

Congrats. It's incredibly frustrating when you are trying to get every dragon and the last ones you need are holidays/seasonals. The last one I needed was a winter seasonal and it was irritating me to think that I couldn't get that dragon for a few weeks.

Finally got at least one of each type of Valentines dragon. Now if only I could find mates for the second gens throughout the year (here's looking at you, Radiant Angel and Val 09 from Gold)!

Really been fun seeing all of the nice lineages out there! I can hardly stand waiting to see what my first cave born Valentines dragon will be. o3o

I'm so glad I have my Silver, 'cause I love this lineage. I just wish I didn't have to abandon the other egg. T_T

Yes it is absolutely gorgeous. If I had one I'd do that.

Congrats. It's incredibly frustrating when you are trying to get every dragon and the last ones you need are holidays/seasonals. The last one I needed was a winter seasonal and it was irritating me to think that I couldn't get that dragon for a few weeks.

Ugh I remember that... mine was CB Spring Seasonals, and then that year when spring came around they were *impossible* to get, so I had to wait ANOTHER year! Talk about frustrating!

Back to Valentines... is it tomorrow yet? xd.png I want to keep hunting! I love this holiday! My favorite RA pairing is Pyrope, but Silver, Blusang, and Fever are surprisingly awesome too!

Edited by PolarVortex

Ugh, trying to decide if I want to keep looking for a bloodswap for a non-priority lineage or if I should just toss it to the AP so that I can breed one of the eggs I actually need this season. It's not like I don't have time to let it hatch and then breed, I know, but patience was never one of my strengths. laugh.gif

So I finally have room for more babies and there aren't any in the ap! Come on breeders I need to catch some! xd.png

Hahah yea

I'm going to have fun when it gets to Halloween, I wasn't on for last year event, so I going to have to hunt for the dragon. xd.png

I'm so glad I have my Silver, 'cause I love this lineage. I just wish I didn't have to abandon the other egg. T_T

I wonder if you got my egg because I bred my RA with a silver too. ^^

Since I'm not overly fond of most of the Valentine Breeds - is it bad that my favorite part of this whole Holiday breeding run has been the chance to get a bunch of low time eggs to fill up my scroll and encyclopedia entries?

Too bad as the Holiday gets closer...we'll probably be looking at the wall of Valentine eggs sad.gif

Ah well, I look forward to that - it will stop my hunting so I make sure I have spots open for new eggs smile.gif

I just caught a sweetling from a mistletoe and the pairing is surprisingly pretty. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I can catch offspring from some sort of special pairing be it a spriter's alt fail, prize fail, or HM fail. All of the ones I've seen posted so far are really pretty.

Edit: @ ShorahNagi-I've been picking up non-holiday babies from the AP too.

Edited by Jazeki

I wonder if you got my egg because I bred my RA with a silver too. ^^

Nah, this one I bred.

I'm probably not going to breed my other RA since I want to breed it with a Guardian of Nature and the one I have is the wrong gender. >_>

Ugh I remember that... mine was CB Spring Seasonals, and then that year when spring came around they were *impossible* to get, so I had to wait ANOTHER year! Talk about frustrating!

Back to Valentines... is it tomorrow yet? xd.png I want to keep hunting! I love this holiday! My favorite RA pairing is Pyrope, but Silver, Blusang, and Fever are surprisingly awesome too!

Not sure how I feel about Fever, but Pyrope and Blusang... Love how they look with Sunstones too.

I keep picking up the same eggs in the AP, or siblings from the same clutch. I can't wait for the holiday wall to return, haha. There are a bunch of lines that I want and can't find!

Totally biased. X3 I have many RAs and I plan to get even more within the next day or so when my current batch hatch. Course I'll leave two spots open since the big day itself is approaching BUT yessss. Been a very successful, very awesome week so far. This is my favorite holiday on top of it all ^-^ I can't wait to see the new dragon.

Totally biased. X3 I have many RAs and I plan to get even more within the next day or so when my current batch hatch. Course I'll leave two spots open since the big day itself is approaching BUT yessss. Been a very successful, very awesome week so far. This is my favorite holiday on top of it all ^-^ I can't wait to see the new dragon.

I have been shamelessly hoarding RAs and Sweetlings. I admit it.

13 hours until I have another egg slot. .-. Then I need to save it for my own breedings instead of AP hunting. GAH! it's probably better, though, as I really don't want to have to chase down yet more mates for valentines dragons. xd.png I still haven't gotten mates for all the ones I got LAST year.

Oh I didn't know how to play this game right in last year, I collected just 15 valentine's dragons. This year I already have 7 hatchlings that will grow in more 1 day and 19 hours and 7 eggs that will hatch in 19 hours so I will be able to catch the new release and more 5 eggs! This makes a total of 21 valentine's! I'm so pleased!

I've done pretty good this year too. I got several good trades in and amazing surprises (like finding someone who can breed me an unrelated 4th gen mate for my pillow x '09 lineage happy.gif). I have 2 breeding left (1 to give away and 1 to keep), so I'll be mostly hunting and trading for the next 2 days. Overall it's been great.

I honestly can't believe that I've gotten everything I have though. I couldn't have done it without the users I teamed up with for swaps before the season or some crazy awesome people who gifted me (I'm looking at you Iside and Vamp, and Sheriam).

Stat wise, I have

3 Radiant Angels

1 Arsani (+ 1 IOU)

4 Heartseeker

2 Rosebud

1 Sweetling (those have been TOUGH to grab this year blink.gif )

4 Valentine '09 (+1 I'm breeding)

Not to bad if I do say so myself.

Holiday wise, my favorite overall holiday is (big surprise) Solstice, but out of the Valentines so far, I actually love Rosebuds. I know they are one of the most pink out there and that I'm not a fan of pink, but I love how they're designed and how they look with moonstones.

Back in 2013, I grabbed my first (and only until I bred them the other day) Rosebuds. They were both 2nd gen with moonstone. I felt stupid at the time for grabbing 2 of the same lineage as I could only have those 2, but I loved how they looked. Now with the limit lifted, I'm happy to have them because it will really help me push my lineage to 5th gen and higher. I intend to start another lineage one day with purple nebula or royal blue, but right now I love my current project happy.gif

I know some people have said what they love already, but I would love to know everybody else's favorites wub.gif

14 hours until my eggs hatch... I still have two dragons I want to breed... As it's the dragon's first breeding I'd rather keep an egg from it.

Edit: @ ShorahNagi-I've been picking up non-holiday babies from the AP too.

I was surprised to see a hatchie pop up in the AP yesterday and even more surprised that I caught it. If that wasn't enough, it was also a CB which really made me happy. I don't really collect many of this breed, but I couldn't resist saving it from the AP. wub.gif

Also caught this dorsal as a mis-click during the event, but with help from one of my Reds it hatched within five minutes. xd.png

I know some people have said what they love already, but I would love to know everybody else's favorites wub.gif

While I love them all, my top 3 would have to be Rosebuds, Radiant Angels, and Heartseekers.

I love Arsani dragons and the Radiant Angels. So beautiful!

Can't wait for the new one!

Valentine's is hard to choose from because they're all pretty awesome, but if you had to twist my arm I'd pick a top three of

Heartseekers, Rosebuds and Sweetlings. Radiant Angels actually ties with Sweetlings, but the Sweetling's hatchie sprite is just so darn cute. wub.gif