TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

all refusals are turned off for holidays in season (past and new)

Normally yes, I've bred pairs that have refused during the years but have produced on the holiday but this year it seems refusals are still in place. I was hoping to have a chance to get at least a val from my two pairs that refused. sad.gif

I know it's the players choice...but seeing CBs bred to messy lineaged mates make me sad faced...sad.gif

I can understand to a point if they wanted to continue a lineage on another dragon, and needed a certain CB but somehow couldn't get it all year. However, not being able to get one all year for your CBs is off putting for someone like myself. I would prefer them not to be bred at all if 2nd gens are going to have weird 3rd gen messy lineages on one side.

Then again I may just be a bit of a purist.

I know it's the players choice...but seeing CBs bred to messy lineaged mates make me sad faced...sad.gif

Ugh, tell me about it. Nearly went crazy trying to find a '09 because of this, was seriously about to scream before I found the pretty 3G checker that's now on my scroll.

Every time I find one like that, holiday or not, I mentally yell "No! You ruined it!" xd.png

Ugh, tell me about it. Nearly went crazy trying to find a '09 because of this, was seriously about to scream before I found the pretty 3G checker that's now on my scroll.

Every time I find one like that, holiday or not, I mentally yell "No! You ruined it!" xd.png

Hahaha, yah, messies... do not like. lD;;

I am hopeful the amount of pretty VDay / Christmases will slowly increase, though. Until last year people could only get two of each breed, after all, so checker making was pretty limited. Hopefully that'll start to shift somewhat now!

I've just been trying to get second gens of each. All I need now is a second gen 09 and Rosebud. Lol this is taking ages.

I can understand to a point if they wanted to continue a lineage on another dragon, and needed a certain CB but somehow couldn't get it all year. However, not being able to get one all year for your CBs is off putting for someone like myself. I would prefer them not to be bred at all if 2nd gens are going to have weird 3rd gen messy lineages on one side.

Then again I may just be a bit of a purist.

Not really. wink.gif you just appreciate pretty lineages.

I really don't like messy lineages even though I've bred some myself, but that was when I was new to the cave and had no idea what a lineage was.

I only have one Holiday baby that I've frozen because she was messy, I just didn't have the heart to throw her back. Assorted Rose Bouquet.

I don't mind messy lineages if they're even gen or if they're 3-4 G, but anything more than that and I either freeze them or toss them back for someone else who doesn't really care for lineages.

I caught a sick Heartseeker. Poor dear! I'm taking care of it.

Also, thank goodness for messy lineages! Checkers are so intimidating, I've seen people drop beautiful eggs because they can't continue that Silver/Val 09 checker!

I need to find some unwanted inbreds for my Every Flavoured future plans.

Sometimes it's on accident...I've at least goofed up three of my CB's offspring ._. Should've checked before breeding...Sorry!! GREAT freezing fodder though! xd.png Rite?

Not really. wink.gif you just appreciate pretty lineages.

I really don't like messy lineages even though I've bred some myself, but that was when I was new to the cave and had no idea what a lineage was.

I only have one Holiday baby that I've frozen because she was messy, I just didn't have the heart to throw her back. Assorted Rose Bouquet.

I don't mind messy lineages if they're even gen or if they're 3-4 G, but anything more than that and I either freeze them or toss them back for someone else who doesn't really care for lineages.

Yeah there is that too wink.gif

I mean don't get me wrong on other dragons I'll pick up messier lineages on the AP however, when it comes to the Holiday dragons I almost feel like out of all of them people could put at least a little effort into. (Even more so then some of the prize lines since they only come out once a year)

She's actually adorable! I mean hell at least she has some semblance of someone trying in her lineage. I literally saw a Radiant Angel x Golden Wyvern where the GW was a second gen making the RA a third.

I was like "Oh come on!" You couldn't do it at least this year for the second gen eggs. You've had a year.

If I wasn't on a couch and on a lap top, I would've been head desking.

Edited by Mafdet

IDK guys, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I personally don't mind messy lineages. I find them interesting to look at. Almost like abstract art, only less ridiculous looking. And if it's inbred, it's kind of fun to sit there and try and find which dragons appear twice.

Plus, maybe some people do it on purpose? You get intentional inbreeding, so surely there must be intentional messy lineages.

Messy lineage are fun happy.gif

I tend to try to breed my Holidays and Prizes with the few Thuweds that I have before then moving on to breeding them with the CB golds and silvers as well as the few of the Dorkface line that I have so that folks will hopefully like the pretty parentage/heritage. cool.gif

Edited by Shin'a'in

IDK guys, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I personally don't mind messy lineages. I find them interesting to look at. Almost like abstract art, only less ridiculous looking.

Accept my eternal respect.

One of my Val 09 has an inbred mate because I joined in January 2009 and I didn't own many dragons at the time. They also have a pretty backstory - the whole family has a pretty backstory - but now I have to breed her to CB Pink With No Name to make an acceptable lineage. dry.gif

I forced a Valentine to cheat on her lifemate. I have no soul.

Edited by Lizzyluna

I hateee messy lineages, its so disorganized and chaotic. I much prefer perfect one to two breed stair, EG, or Checker lineages. They're just so pretty. <3

Yeah there is that too wink.gif

I mean don't get me wrong on other dragons I'll pick up messier lineages on the AP however, when it comes to the Holiday dragons I almost feel like out of all of them people could put at least a little effort into. (Even more so then some of the prize lines since they only come out once a year)

She's actually adorable! I mean hell at least she has some semblance of someone trying in her lineage. I literally saw a Radiant Angel x Golden Wyvern where the GW was a second gen making the RA a third.

I was like "Oh come on!" You couldn't do it at least this year for the second gen eggs. You've had a year.

If I wasn't on a couch and on a lap top, I would've been head desking.

Yeah. I feel the same about holidays. Especially now that I've been able to collect a few CB's of my own and I can control what type of lineage to build with them. Graves are my favorite to experiment with and they look so awesome with Thunders, Ribbon Dancers and Blusangs. wub.gif

Back to messies though, I do have a few Messy Marrows that I adore and ...I do breed them when Halloween comes around, but it just seems like such a waste not to when you can only get those guys during a short time each year.

Ouch, yeah. That is a real head-scratcher.

I may have a solution to that. ;3

user posted image

Edited by Syiren

Accept my eternal respect.

One of my Val 09 has an inbred mate because I joined in January 2009 and I didn't own many dragons at the time. They also have a pretty backstory - the whole family has a pretty backstory - but now I have to breed her to CB Pink With No Name to make an acceptable lineage. dry.gif

I forced a Valentine to cheat on her lifemate. I have no soul.

You don't have to do anything when it concerns your own dragons - if you want to breed the messiest, most inbred dragon in existence, go for it wink.gif I don't think you should let the general preference dictate how you play the game happy.gif

Personally, I love messies for freezing biggrin.gif For adults I do prefer clean lineages, though.

Yeah. I feel the same about holidays. Especially now that I'be been able to collect a few CB's of my own and I can control what type of lineage to build with them. Graves are my favorite to experiment with and they look so awesome with Thunders, Ribbon Dancers and Blusangs. wub.gif

Back to messies though, I do have a few Messy Marrows that I adore and ...I do breed them when Halloween comes around, but it just seems like such a waste not to when you can only get those guys during a short time each year.

Ouch, yeah. That is a real head-scratcher.

I may have a solution to that. ;3

user posted image

I don't mind messy Holidays when the Holiday parent is also messy. If nothing else, they make good freezers.

It's when the Holiday parent is CB or well-lineaged and the other parent is horrible that bugs me. There's potential there.

And that poster made me laugh which made the cat look at me funny. Such a judgmental kitty. xd.png

I can tell some are 'oopies'. I picked up and tossed back a 4th gen RA that was breed to an even gen green copper x royal blue. I suspect the breeder meant to breed the CB RA to a CB green copper xd.png.

Well, all but two of my little eggies are second gen, I am having no luck with second gen 09's or Rosebuds. But at least all of the eggs I have I can continue the lineages of. I even managed to catch http://dragcave.net/lineage/hroQz that little beauty. So I can't wait till all of my eggs hatch and I can grab more. :3

And that poster made me laugh which made the cat look at me funny. Such a judgmental kitty. xd.png

That makes two of us.My kitty is curled up in the cupboard above the counter in my computer area and she just gave me the "I'mma gonna pounce your feet when you're sleeping!" look. Basically...like this only replace the laundry basket with me cackling.*looks all manner of innocent*

user posted image

Edited by Shin'a'in

You don't have to do anything when it concerns your own dragons - if you want to breed the messiest, most inbred dragon in existence, go for it wink.gif

Work in progress. laugh.gif

And believe it or not, she's quite picky: two failed matchmaking attempts.

I cant find any 2nd gens from alts Dx Gahhh..

I have a dragon that's a descendant of a Radiant Angel alt and seeing his name my jaw hit the floor. I swear, if I ever was lucky enough to catch a 2G from S e p h i r o t h I'd probably do a back flip. I love catching any FF7-themed dragon but getting one from one of the main characters would be epic. wub.gif

Makes me wonder if there's a Zack Fair or a Cloud Strife out there somewhere? wub.gif

@the poster comments - Oh? You guys have judgmental cats too? Mine have gotten used to my sudden bursts of laughter and just give me a deadpan, 'there she goes again' look. xd.png

I have a question though. Will we still be going in the same order for dragon genders that we do every year for Valentines? I know Christmas is boy boy, girl girl, is it the same for Valentine's or is it different?

I have a question though. Will we still be going in the same order for dragon genders that we do every year for Valentines? I know Christmas is boy boy, girl girl, is it the same for Valentine's or is it different?

Looks like Valentines has been alternating every year; female ('09), male (Sweetling), female (Rosebud), male (Heartseeker), female (Arsani), male (RA).

I cant find any 2nd gens from alts Dx Gahhh..

you me and every1 else and their entire family is lookin for those xd.png