pudding

2x2 Mages and Romance

((That is correct, they have only been in prison for a year.

I'm working on drawing out a structure system for the Task Force that will point out where Esko and Rosalie are but their authority will remain the same. Basically, they will both be sent out on more dangerous missions involving actually hunting down mages as opposed to just collecting contraband material. Their authority means they can visit the prison at any time and speak to any of the prisoners without having to fill out a request to do so. They can also enter a prisoner's cell as long as they notify the guards in advance of them opening the door. They are not permitted to remove prisoners from their cells without first filling out a request to do so from a superior and removing a prisoner from the prison itself can only be done by notifying the head of the task force itself and getting an approval. While they do not have authority to kill any prisoners, protocol makes no remarks about injuries or anything less than death.

Outside of the prison, they both are in charge of 2-3 rookie agents that they can send on errands or give missions to that they don't care to do themselves, provided they aren't too dangerous. They can access any contraband items in the headquarters and have a complete immunity to the Magical laws, meaning they can preform magic anywhere and everywhere as long as they do not kill any humans (Mages are excluded from this).

These are just the basic things though, as there are more specific rules in regards to prisoners and the prison itself, as well as their authority over other members of government.))

Ignoring the yelling from the next cell over and dismissing it as just Braxton venting again, Elliot stared at the small window, taking in the sight of the face he knew. It was a relief to actually see someone, as he wasn't really able to look at Braxton and the guards hardly ever showed their faces. Even when they gave him food, they just shoved it through the hole in the door and left before he could see any defining features. "Oh?" He asked finally, taking his time speaking up again. Time was something he had an excess of, after all, and as long as Rosalie wasn't leaving he wasn't going to make a fuss and rush his words. He wanted time to think everything through. Clearly she wasn't here for a social visit, after all. But he had been in prison for a year. Why come now if he hadn't seen anything except stone for so long? What information could he possibly have?

"Go on, then. I can't guarantee I'll answer at all but you might as well tell me what you came here to say. Cooperation never really has been a strong point of mine, especially when it comes to my enemies."

Edited by pudding

((I was trying to go with Esko's backstory, since they backstabbed them right when they joined, I thought))

(Oh, I see. Anything else we should know? And Im comfused. Are we sticking with one year in prison or going with six?)

Rosalie glanced in the direction of Braxton's yelling, feeling a pang of guilt again. She looked back at Elliot only to see him staring at her. Normally, she'd come up with some witty remark as to why he was looking at her like that but she knew that the time wasnt right. She watched him quietly as he seemed to gather his thoughts. She was surprised by the patience that she seemed to have for him at the moment. "Im not leaving without answers, Elliot," she informed him with a small smile and a slight glint in her eyes. "In cause you have forgotten, Im just as stubborn as you. And I think you will want to cooperate. This isnt just about you. It involves Braxton, too." She paused for a long moment before speaking up again. "Recently, there has been killings out in the city." She hesitated again, unsure of how he would take the next news. "The task force has narrowed down the evidence left behind to you and Braxton." She didnt say anything else, figuring that he could imagine what that meant. It wouldnt be long before the task force began to interogate them. "I need to know what you know about that. Do you have anything to do with that?" She tried to hide the concern she was feeling as she questioned him.

(Also, Pudding, its Rosalie. tongue.gif)

((Dang it whoops. Lemme go edit it.

Also, we're still going with one year. I just assumed Esko joined early and didn't inform his friends. Going undercover is an important Task Force tactic.))

A small amount of recognition appeared on Elliot's face as Rosalie mentioned killing but it was quickly masked as he dropped his head down. His hair fell in front of his face, hiding it from view. His mind was reeling, however. Killings that traced back to Braxton and him? He could think of a few mages at fault but which would resort to killings? He couldn't pinpoint anyone he knew to that. Humans or mages aside, Elliot had always done his best to hold all life in high regard. Even during his arrest, he had done his best not to harm anyone. Even if it meant his own imprisonment, he had refrained from taking any lives. Hearing that killings of all things had been linked back to him was horribly disgusting for him. Realizing he hadn't spoken at all during this long time, he took in a deep breath and looked back up at the small window. "Can't say I know anything important. Then again, all my memories are a bit fogged from staying in here for so long. The stone does tend to get to you after a little while. Is that all you wanted?"

(Sorry sorry sorry! Please dont kill me Dx Ive been testing all week long and still have Thursday and Friday of testing. Stressful. Ill try to get in a reply before going off to bed. If not, itll be tomorrow after testing. Sorry again!)

((Don't worry! Just post whenever you have the time. Do well on your testing!))

((*flails as well*

Not sure what else to do besides a one liner, and we don't want that

*keeps flailing*))

(Thank you, Pudding! Im just glad I got them over with tongue.gif

Ill post my reply sometime today.)

EDIT:

(Sorry its so short)

Rosalie watched him as he seemed to take in the news. She waited patiently and silently for Elliot to say something. When he finally did speak, she shook her head slightly and glanced away, realizing that there was something that he wasnt willing to say. "Anything will help," she said, meeting his eyes. She sighed and almost rolled her eyes at him. "Yes, thats the only thing I want to know. And by the way you avoided my eyes, its obvious you know something. So why dont we just get this over with? It could benefit both of you."

Edited by BlueMint

"I'll be honest, Rosalie," Elliot replied with a less than endeering scowl. "Even if Braxton or I possibly knew something about these mystery murders, we have been out of touch for a year with any of the possible murderers and where they are. Showing up out of nowhere to question either of us isn't going to do you any good because we know even less than you at this point." He thought for a few moments, then inched forward so he was closer to the door. "Look, I don't hurt people and I don't like when Mages hurt people. But I don't work with the Task Force and I don't work with my hands tied behind my back in a cell. You want info? I want fresh air and a chance to move my arms. See what you can do and I'll see what I remember."

(So terribly sorry that took so long. I havent been doing that good latley.)

Rosalie glared at him when he scowled at her. "Like I said, anything would help. We're looking at this from the outside while youre looking at it from the inside." She watched him as he stepped closer but she didnt make an effort to move from where she was standing. She shook her head slightly and couldnt help but give him an amused smile. "Dont forget this is benefitting you, too. Not just the task force. Theyll find out sooner or later anyway. Im only here to help believe it or not." She said with a small shrug. She hesitated before answering him. "Ill see what I can do," she sighed.

"Yeah, inside a cell. Trust me when I say I can't see much but stones from in here." Elliot shook his head slightly, trying to get rid of the rude thoughts boiling to the surface. This was Rosalie. It wasn't really his place to talk to her, it was Braxton's. His beef was with Esko, not her. Sure she had a hand in everything but if he was going to be mad, he had to be mad at the right person. "All I'm saying is if you want to benefit me, you have to actually benefit me. Moving my hands might help. Being treated like a person would help. Not being stuck in a prison cell might help. Punching Esko in the nose would certainly help. Right now, I don't have any of those things so I'm just going to curl up under the bed and sleep since it's the best thing I can do to pass my time."

Rosalie rolled her eyes at him. "At least you havent lost your sense of humor." She knew that he had every right to be mad at her but she wasnt about to tell him why she even joined the task force in the first place. Its not like he would care. "I can help with the hands and the person issue. Ill see if I can help with the Esko issue by asking him if he wants to be the one that actually lets you out for a while. You just might be able to get a punch in."

(Havent really been sure how to reply. Sorry for ugly reply.)

"I never saw who he was, but I could tell his voice if I heard him."

Braxton unclenched his fists. Esko wasn't responsible for Solstice. If anything, Braxton himself was. But Esko was partially responsible for why Braxton and Elliot were in jail. Braxton sighed.

"Come back tomorrow and I'll try to tell you who I think it is. He always comes on Wednesday nights."

Okay then. Thank you for...the information. Esko said coldly, then strode off from the cell, looking for something else to do. Maybe find Rosalie and see what she has collected? That would run the risk of running into Elliot, though, and that is the last thing we both need. Should I wait for her? He was running through the possibilities in his mind, tapping his foot while doing so.

((Crap post is crappitycrap))

((Homestly I don't know what Pudding's planned but Braxton keeps hearing a person talk about the murders, not the person who was comminting the murders. ))

((That's fine, don't worry! The murders aren't caused my one singular person and having someone talk about them in the prison actually fits into it very well.))

"Yeah, alright," Elliot replied, having turned to his bed. While he preferred to sleep under it since it was one of the few areas of privacy within the cell, it was pretty hard to get under it. After having Rosalie come and see him and talk with him, he wasn't sure if he was feeling up to trying to worm his way under it. Moreover, the idea of seeing Esko was now fresh on his mind. If Esko was the one to let him out, he might just consider being dragged down to another level of imprisonment to get more than just a punch in. But that was if Rosalie even came back in the first place. He hadn't given her much to go off of and it had been a full year since he had seen or heard from either of them. Maybe she wouldn't even come back at all after leaving.

(Sorry again for the long wait. I just keep getting tests left and right. But school is almost out and then no doubt Ill be able to role play well again.)

Rosalie nodded. "Okay." Without saying anything else, she made her way away from the cells and towards the halls of the prison. She sighed and ran a hand through her long hair. "Jeez. I thought getting the nerve to talk to these people would be easier," she muttered to herself. She didnt mean dealing with their temper or anything of the sort. She meant being reminded that she was a traitor. Her jaw clenched at the word. Think of the big picture, she tried to remind herself. There was no other way to go about this. She sighed again and pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. She needed to find Esko. She only hoped that he had left the cells already because there was no way that she was going to walk in there for a second time that same day.

(No idea what I just wrote lol.)

((Oh come on, I want Braxton to bite Rose's head off!

Pleaaaase?

xd.png))

(All in good time tongue.gif Cant have Rose dying off just yet lol

Up

Edit: Forgot to mention. I have no idea how to continue...)

Edited by BlueMint

(Up. Still out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. (Probably my last bump))

((We can timeskip ahead if everyone is done. I can't post much with Elliot since he's in prison.))

((We can timeskip ahead if everyone is done. I can't post much with Elliot since he's in prison.))

((Yeah))

(Time skip it is then.

Esko, wherever you are, could you start off?)