pudding

2x2 Mages and Romance

((It's pre-established romance. Basically Elliot choose not to join the Task Force with Braxton while Rosalie and Esko choose to join. But prior to that, Braxton was a thing with Rosalie and Elliot was a thing with Esko. They all know each other from before the Task Force/prison.

Also, can you incorporate Esko's intro into The last post made here? (Like, just pretend he was there instead of Macey) Not much happened yet but it would just be smoother if everyone was in the same area since Sammy stopped kind of suddenly.

We should also probably delete our OOC posts. It'll look a lot nicer.))

(Yay, we're set to go! Ive been checking this thread every day smile.gif Do I continue or what?)

((Wait, so I copy Sammy's first post? I am kinda confused now. The link drops me at BlheMint's post..))

(I think so. It does that because that was the last post so thats where we left off at.)

((You don't have to copy Sammy's first post. Just insert your character in there instead of Sammy's. Since Sammy didn't make that many posts (Just two, I think?), it seems like the easiest thing to do is just pretend it was you the whole time. Basically just respond to BlueMint's post like your character was there already so we can continue.))

((Eeep! Lately I have been stuck on mobile, so my willpower to do stuff was....

Anyways, I have school, but I WILL get to it, I promise!))

((Edit: done, think this is what you meant.))

Esko nodded. You see Elliot, I see Brax. Got it. He listened to Rose's next statement and nodded. Sounds like a plan. Now we probably need to stop chitchatting or our higherups will catch us and yell at us to stop dillydallying. Then Esko tapped his foot.

He never wanted to be in here, working forr his sister's killers. He would find some way to get revenge. Normally, he was not so vengful, but they killed his sister. His sister. Even though she charged towards them even thoough she KNEW she wasn't very strong yet, they didn't have to KILL her. Now Esko fealt horrible being associated with her killers. Wasn't at least one of them his now-higherup?

((Ahhh, carp post ;-; ))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Yeah, that's exactly what I meant! Sorry I'm so vague sometimes. I don't know how to put my thoughts down properly sometimes.

Anyway, nothing much for Elliot to post yet...))

(My turn! Im sorry it took long for me to reply. Ive been busy packing and what not. Im traveling at the moment and so I will be out of state until late Sunday or early Monday. Tomorrow, I will not be able to get on at all.)

Rosalie nodded in agreement. "Right," she said. She glanced at the cells behind her and sighed. "Okay," she mumbled to herself. She knew that simply talking to Elliot would be a difficult task and actually getting him to cooperate would be near impossible. The fact that they both had a temper didnt help since she didnt know how long she could be patient with him if he didnt cooperate, which was very possible. It could be worse, she reminded herself. It could be Braxton Im facing. She took deep breath before heading over to Elliot's cell. She didnt hesitate to open the small window on the door. She could see someone inside but she couldnt see their face. "Elliot?"

(I tried...)

((Good travels!))

Esko nodded. Good luck. He quietly muttered. Rosalie would need the luck. Especially facing an imprisioned, cranky Elliot. He strode down the hallways, trying to ignore the angry shouts and grumbles of the prisinors. He wanted to free them. There was no reason to outlaw magic. It could harm, yes, but it could also help. What if they needed to heal somebody? Boom. Magic. Magic made things easier, but no, the middle aged men in suits were too afraid of magic to see the good side. They saw the harmful side and were too scared to try. Why Sasha is dead now. He growled at the thought, but he shoved it out. His top priority was to find Brax and tell him, not come up with more reasons to avenge Sasha. Though he had plenty.

He walked to the right cell and faced the man inside. Braxton. He simply said, trying to grab the attention of him.

((Okay so...what is Esko supposed to tell him?

Also, what if the task force mages wore cool masks or something?

Also, what if my guy had wolf ears and tail because of a magic accident? Is that allowed?

And I have something that I could use a Bloodbound Soul for...))

((ESKO

YOU ALREADY HAVE THE TWINS (MENTIONED AT LEAST)

NO BLOODBOUND SOULS

NO WOLFY PARTS

THE MASK MIGHT BE OKAY))

^~*~ Braxton ~*~^

"Heya there, Stiff, we were just talking about you," Braxton replied nonchalantly. He was still laying on his cot and looking the opposite direction of the bars, playing with a colorful cube puzzle he had recieved as a child. They were easy but it was his only possesion they hadn't taken away and when he wasn't talking to someone he would try to make a challenge. He leaned his head over the edge, his head upside down staring at the boy. "Surprised you even came, but I suppose that mean's Rose's gone full Stiff too. Don't even want to face a harmless man. Well, spit it out. Why're you here?"

((I guess Brax'll call all Task Force Mages 'Stiff's from now on))

"It's funny, you know," Elliot said after a long pause. Despite the fact he had been freely speaking with Braxton only moments before, all it took was the sound of that voice to make his tongue dry and heavy in his mouth. Sure Elliot didn't hold as much against Rosalie since most of his anger was targeted at another but that didn't mean he wanted to see any of them. "You almost sounded like you weren't sure it was me." He looked towards the small window that now stood open, letting him see a small square of Rosalie's face. Not too much, of course, larger windows were deemed too dangerous, but it was enough.

Swallowing down the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat, he shifted around, bringing himself into a much more proper seated position with his legs crossed in a stance he often took when meditating or simply thinking. It did make it much easier to look up at the small window, though, even if his bound hands made it difficult to sit upright properly. "I'd normally ask you to excuse my manners but seeing as you were one of the people who put me in here in the first place, I don't think I shall. Why don't you do both of us a favor and close that window? I need another few years rotting in here before I'm ready to see you again."

((What is a blood bound soul?

I'm going to have to say no with the wolf parts, though. Magical mishaps are common enough but they'd normally end in injuries, not something like animal parts. Those would have to be quickly removed as well since they'd likely be full of flux.

The masks are an interesting idea but I feel like that would better suit mages who haven't been imprisoned yet. The task force is legal so they don't need a reason to hide. But mages who haven't been caught yet would have to hide their identities so they can't be traced back by the task force.

Anyway, the basic idea is that a series of recent killings in dark alleys have led back to either Elliot or Braxton as a lead. So Rosaline and Esko have a chance to ask them in advance before other members from the Task Force show up and start interrogating them for real. So right now, just questioning them about the killings is a good idea but you can do what you want.

If you have questions about the authority of your characters and what political power they hold, just ask. There are a lot of privileges they get, even more so than usual Task Force member since they turned in their friends. ))

Edited by pudding

((Pudding, goah freaking damn it, don't ask about Esko lore

A bloodbound soul is when a soul is trapped in the corporeal plane by a blood rune (which he can't HAVE), or a blood spatter from a violent death.

He's gonna make Sasha as a bloodbound soul.

So NO.))

((But it would FIT

There was probably some big blood splatters. I said killed brutally.

Not even a blood spatter. Just a blood rune. A blood rune has a better chance of forming when somebody is killed violently with blood splatters ((coughwarcough)) then somebody dying peacfully.

And even then, the chances are really low. So there.

Honestly, I wouldn't take it out for plot stuff unless you think you migt need it. Just a ghost thing going around, pranking the task force mages and chatting with the prisinors. Who knows? It might make a good friend for Elliot or Brax xd.png

Feel free to shoot it down, I feel a little dumb now))

Esko sighed. I wouldn't have that much gut if I were you. I mean this to be a nice little chat, not a huge argument. He said with sterness to his voice, telling the boy to not joke around. He was good with that. Though he needed practice on this level. Your dear Rosie is not in this right now. I have something to ask you, before the other 'Stiffs' beat you. There have been recent killings going on, and the mages are thinking the killers to be you. Including the killing of somebody very dear to me. The only family I had. He snapped, keeping cold, glaring eyes on the man. These task force mages might even blame her death on the mages, not the Task Force. Didn't the law not allow for the execution of mages? Well then, that would be very bad for the reputation of the killers.

He continued. Braxton, I want answers. What happened?

Braxton heard the word 'killing' and shot up, stalking over to the door. Well, not immediately... He bonked his head on the metal bar first. Not a very professional move...

"You think I had something to do with it?! I HAVE BEEN IN HERE FOR A YEAR! You betrayed Elliot and I and YOU and ROSALIE locked us in here that year ago. You of ALL people should know that!

"Your sister died SIX years ago when you JOINED the side of her MURDERERS and ABANDONED us. If it's been THAT long, why is it being brought up now? And why would I kill ANYONE?! Have you forgotten who I am?!"

Braxton glared at his former friend. "At least you had some family. When I discovered I was a Mage when I was five... And when Solstice died when we were six... Well, I ran for my life. I never got to grow up. I never got to be normal. I didn't choose to be in a group of people targeted as evil and scheming and dangerous. I don't know who's killing. But I'm unable to kill from inside this dump, even if I wanted to.

"I know how your sister died, though. It was brutal. He talks about it sometimes. Say that they should've hid it better. Someone's planning to take more lives, and he said that they have to take care of it better. I've heard him. He talks a lot about it for someone who's supposed to be keeping it a secret."

Edited by MyaMouse

((Esko... lore?

Well, in line with this universe, what you're describing is improbable. Not impossible but mages all use two types of magic: Specialty and basic. Basic is exactly what it sounds like, being a bit of everything but in very small, limited amounts. Specialty magic is then what that specific mage is best at to the point where no one else can beat them in that area. In the case of specific types of magic, there also isn't a basic equivalent. Things like blood magic, spiritual magic, magic involving taint, etc doesn't have a basic counterparts because they require an expert to preform them because they are dangerous or require innate abilities. Additionally, specialty types of magic do not mix at all inside of an mage. Each mage only has one specialty, no exceptions.

So, in order for a "bloodbound" soul to work, one would have to gather a Spirit mage, a Blood mage and a Runic mage. Additionally, Blood magic is done with fresh blood so they would have to be at or near the scene of the crime. Additionally, they would have to know exactly how to fuse their abilities together in order to bind a soul to a rune through the blood of its vessel, all of which would have to be done while the blood and the soul were linked (Basically, while Sasha was still alive).

So yeah, very improbably. Not impossible but very improbably given everything. And if it did happen, she'd not be able to be anywhere near the prison because of the stones. You don't need to feel dumb. A lot of this information just hasn't been expanded yet.))

((Exactly.

Yeah, since he uses the same OC in everything, he's come up on some intresting stuff, such as Bloodbound Souls, the wolf mask, the same freaking character and background and personality EVERY SINGLE TIME or at least MOST OF THE TIME, and just stuff revolving around his OCs))

((Well, a lot of people are comfortable using the same OC. I started out using a lot of the same OCs early on but now, I like to make a lot of different characters. People are comfortable with different things and if that backstory fit into the story, I would have allowed it. But the types of magic present wouldn't allow that type of interaction.

Anyway, let's not dwell on it for too long. If you've got other questions on what would and wouldn't work, feel free to ask.))

((Aaaaah. Had no idea of the logic for this world, sorry! ;~;

And ahhhh what do I do now))

Esko sighed. Of course he would react like that. Typical Brax.

Sounds like you have no answers. Well. I have a job to do. I am going easy on you, conpared to what the others will do. Now, anybody you chat with that you think could do such things? His voice was still stern, thoug sligtly weakened by the mention of his sister. He tried to heave it off, but it clung there like sticky goo. It would never leave either. He shuddered at the memory of the red flash, the crimson streak landing on his cheek. It horrified him, and it fealt like it happened just yesterday. And those Mages didin't give a damn. He remembered so well...and a dark mist seemed to rise off of him, being strangled by the stone.

((Aaaah carp post

He's gonna mope and recall a lot, so yeah))

"I never saw who he was, but I could tell his voice if I heard him."

Braxton unclenched his fists. Esko wasn't responsible for Solstice. If anything, Braxton himself was. But Esko was partially responsible for why Braxton and Elliot were in jail. Braxton sighed.

"Come back tomorrow and I'll try to tell you who I think it is. He always comes on Wednesday nights."

((Ha, I just realized, I made Esko with a wolf mask on all the time xd.png))

(Ill post my reply in a short while. Im sorry Ive taken so long. I got home Monday morning and I still had to go to school so when I came back home I slept xd.png And well... I had school today and now here I am. Thank you for the patience guys!)

((That's alright! At least we have four people again. I'll look forward to your post.))

(Thanks smile.gif And now that you mention it Pudding, what authority do Esko and Rosalie have?)

Rosalie stayed quiet as he spoke. She instantly felt guilt when he looked at her but she pushed the feeling aside. She had some questions to ask him and she couldnt let feelings get in the way. "I had to make sure it was you," she stated. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Im not leaving. Not yet anyways. I have a few questions to ask you and I recomend that you cooperate with me."

(Sorry for the very short reply. Im running a little late. Ill write more once Elliot replies.

Also, I thought that Braxton and Elliot had only been in the prison for a year?)