pudding

2x2 Mages and Romance

"I want to. I really do. But for some reason, everything makes me think of her. I don't know why I want to confront her. Honestly I'd much rather be killed than talk to a traitor. But I still hope to talk to her for some odd reason." He sighed, climbing off the bar. "Ow. Head rush." He rubbed his forehead. "I sure hope I don't still love her. That will just go against me in the long run. I wish I wasn't a Mage. I wouldn't have to deal with this stupid prison." He kicked the bed, only to stub his toe and curse the pain mentally.

((Yeah, I haven't seen Sammy in a while. I wonder if she's still in on this. Because if not, Elliot's going to need another butt buddy.))

"Braxton, stop," Elliot said after a short moment of silence. He frowned as he looked up, not even believing the words he was hearing from his friend. Not a Mage? That was the stupidest thing he had ever heard. "None of this is your fault for being a Mage," He replied, slowly climbing to his feet. "This is the fault of people who don't understand magic and traitors. You shouldn't ever wish that you weren't a Mage! You might as well wish you were somebody else." Magic was a part of them, just like their personalities. The empty feeling that not having it there just proved that.

"If it hadn't been made, of course I would not wish that I wasn't a Mage. But since these arrogant human fools decided to make it because they thought that we were dangerous, I don't think that being a mage is very much of a privilege anymore. If you decide to serve the Task Force other Mages will hate you; if you resist you'll be thrown in jail. If you hide you'll be found out sooner or later. Most likely sooner. The government knows practically everything when it comes to who's a Mage."

Braxton rubbed his foot, sat down on the bed, and and looked at the ceiling. "If being a Mage means that I'm not able to be free to use and develop my gift, then what's the point?" He was starting to sound more like Elliot at this point.

"This is stupid. Why can't they just let us end it now? I know that they don't like us... And even if the Mages had an uproar the government would just put them all in jail. They could probably expand and if they couldn't they could just throw two or three Mages in each cell. And I've seen that they have these devices, these devices that can let them control the minds of people. If they can control the minds of people, why don't they just control our minds?"

((hello hello! sorry for not posting in awhile: I've been busy :c Macey and Eliiot are the best butt buddies))

Macey listened as Rosalie told him about the killings and nodded, then quickly looked away from her when he mentioned Elliot and Braxton. Did that mean they'd have to talk to them? Oh, he would hate that. He would, of course, talk to Braxton. He couldn't face Elliot. He knew for a fact that Elliot was not pleased to be in this prison and believed he was mad at him. He frowned and sighed. Why had he been so scared to be caught? Why did he even decide to join the Task Force? Why hadn't he done anything when he heard his colleagues had captured his friends? Maybe he could just give up on being a Task Force member and run away. Leave everyone and get out. He looked towards the cells when he heard Braxton's voice and looked at Rosalie when Elliot responded. So they were having a conversation. About what? Macey watched Rosalie for a moment then sighed again.

"So you want to talk to them? I guess that's fine. But, um, I'd rather talk to Braxton then Elliot. I'm pretty sure I'm the last person he wants to see." He smiled briefly and looked at the cells again. "What do you want to ask them? I'll follow your lead."

((Don't worry about it!))

"It's the same reason why they needed to trap us in here," Elliot replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I mean, think about this prison for a moment. These stones are just an adaption of the same magic used behind runes. I studied briefly in them before the law came into place. The only difference I can tell is that whatever these stones are made of, they just keep drawing in magic instead of reaching a capacity." He gently pressed his bare feet against the wall, using his toes to feel the smoothened rock. "But the point is that they needed to make this from something magical. Technology and magic don't mix well when combined so if they try that procedure on a mage, it will most likely fail and result in magical backlash. They wouldn't want to risk their precious city over something that can be easily solved another way. That's why they have the task force and the prison. It's control in a more subtle way."

((Am I supposed to respond? I dunno how to respond. I'm waiting on Mint to break this awkward silence.))

(Sorry! Been busy...)

Rosalie watched Macey as he seemed to process everything she had told him. He didn't look pleased at all and she didn't blame him. Just like Macey had been avoiding Elliot, Rose had found herself avoiding Braxton. She visited every once in a while but she would only do so when she was sure he was sleeping. He was obviously mad at her, she didn't blame him one bit, so she tended to act as if he wasn't there. It was easier for both of them.

She glanced behind her at the cells when Macey did the same. She could hear Braxton and Elliot talking but she couldn't make out what they were talking about.

She looked at Macey again and nodded. "I don't see why not. We're trying to help them even though they don't know that." She raised her eyebrows at him. "And you wont tell them. Okay?" She wasn't sure how exactly they would respond to knowing that the people who helped in their capture were now trying to help free them. She nodded at him again. "Okay, you do that. Ill talk to Elliot. And don't worry. Im positive Im the last person Braxton wants to see. We're on the same boat." She gave a small smile and shrugged. "Im not entirely sure. Telling them of the killings would be a good start. And then tell them what I found out at the head quarters. That its leading to one or both of them." She shook her head and glanced at the cells. "Im not sure how else to put it."

To be honest, Rosalie had never wanted to join the task force. But she knew that ending up in prison was inevitable unless they joined. So she joined with the idea that she would get whichever one of her friends that went to prison out.

((Psst. Sammy IS active. Want me to PM her and remind her? Or talk to her in some other way?))

((Wait I'm sorry I haven't posted. I haven't had the greatest past few days but I'll post soon. Sorry for any problems I caused.))

((testing lasts till Wednesday.

BUT on a 3DS that cannot copy+paste, so if anybody needs me, I will be lagging here ¤-¤))

((BAMP

Still standing here, if you need me))

((Well, Esko has first dibs if they want it.))

((I would love too. I will make a sheet soon))

((Hey, before I create a sheet, what gender do you need? I have a few OCs at the ready for whatever one you need))

(('Kay. Lemme get some other buisness done and then a sheet will be up))

It's coming

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Esko ((I KNOW I USE IT A LOT DON'T HARP ON ME FOR IT MEH))

Appearance: ugh, tried to draw him but failed miserably, so here we go. He is tall, with messy brown hair and not too much muscle. His eyes are a glowing green. He wears a cloak and a wolf mask all the time, but if you see the real him, you see that he has a scar on his right eye, sealing it shut. He has wolf ears and tail because of a failed magic expiriment.

Mage Type: Dark Skillz

Personality: honestly, I stink at describing personalities and sticking with them, so can I make it to be rp'd?

Noteworthy History: Him and his twin sister were born mages and had to keep their identities secret their whole lives or suffer the consequences. They always lived on the streets, stealing to survive. One day, when they were 18, they were caught by mages of the Task Force. His sister, being the stubborn meathead, charged into battle but was brutally killed, only managing to hurt one of the Task Force mages. Not able to do much else, and it being daytime, Esko had no choice but to either be jailed or join the Task Force. He joined the Task Force, and sometimes regrets joining the one who 'killed the only family he had'.

Other: Sorry, my twin thing is being used more and more .-.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

(( the only thing is your character has to be a task force Mage. Elliot's already in prison.

He can be Dark or Light but not both. Mages only have one specialty.))

((Oh, got it. Lemme edit that sheet))

((Edit: done))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Cool Beans))

Esko was on usual duty, sweeping the streets, looking fir any mages using magic. He looked around, made sure that nobody was looking, and made a tiny swirl of dark magic. Why he picked this life over jail, he did not know. Maybe it gave him freedom? Or maybe so he could make sure the other Task Force mages didn't kill more...thought of his sister ran through his mind. Why they had to take the life of his only family...why... He shook the thought from his head and kept walking.

Hey! What are you doing, staring into Cloud 9? Keep moving!

Yes yes. What do you think I am doing, counting ponies?

He recieved nothing but a grunt and moved on.

((Crap first post, I know ;-;

So Esko and Elliot already know each other, right? Also, romantic relationship or friends? I prefer romance :3))