Bodecia

Loyalty Dragons/Badges?

I am not too savvy with how the search feature works, but wasn't able to find anything specific to this.

Was just looking around the forum the other day. There are quite a few players who have been in the game for many years. I thought maybe it would be fun to reward people who hang in there with a Loyalty Dragon. The Dragon just appears on your scroll after visiting the cave regularly for say, 5 years, and then 10 years....or, if that would cause drama, maybe a badge or shield?

Edited by Bodecia

Do you mean people who have been here in the forum or in Dragon Cave? Because there are some people who joined the forums years after they actually joined the game.

I am not too savvy with how the search feature works, but wasn't able to find anything specific to this.

Was just looking around the forum the other day. There are quite a few players who have been in the game for many years. I thought maybe it would be fun to reward people who hang in there with a Loyalty Dragon. The Dragon just appears on your scroll after visiting the cave regularly for say, 5 years, and then 10 years....or, if that would cause drama, maybe a badge or shield?

I don't think dragons as rewards are necessary, plus they would only serve as another form of alienation / trading market inflation.

Badges showing how many years you've (actively) been a member of DragCave could be cool, though.

I don't think dragons as rewards are necessary, plus they would only serve as another form of alienation / trading market inflation.

Badges showing how many years you've (actively) been a member of DragCave could be cool, though.

Yes . I think rewarding long term players would alienate newer ones. A badge would be harmless but not a dragon.

To be fair, long term players are already rewarded in a variety of ways (more egg slots, more trading power, more CB Holidays that'll never be available as CB again...)

But I prefer the "earning points through gameplay, trading them in" thing.

While I'd love a dragon, a dragon-shaped badge that indicates the number of years that you've been playing might be more feasible.

While I'd love a dragon, a dragon-shaped badge that indicates the number of years that you've been playing might be more feasible.

I like that idea!

Im against the dragon concept. Id much prefer badges to prevent the newer players from feeling left out.

Do you mean people who have been here in the forum or in Dragon Cave? Because there are some people who joined the forums years after they actually joined the game.

It would be based on scroll date, since that would be when a player started. I also think a dragon might cause drama, which is why I suggested badges as another idea.

Alternative dragon idea..... Rather than a 'special' dragon, why not just pick a dragon from those that already exist? That way it's just an extra additional dragon rather than something exclusive.

Suggestion: 5 years gets you a dragon of your choice, then 1 more every 2 yrs after. We exclude prizes and HM types, then no one is getting anything that everyone can't get in some other way.

Alternative dragon idea..... Rather than a 'special' dragon, why not just pick a dragon from those that already exist? That way it's just an extra additional dragon rather than something exclusive.

Suggestion: 5 years gets you a dragon of your choice, then 1 more every 2 yrs after. We exclude prizes and HM types, then no one is getting anything that everyone can't get in some other way.

That would be a great idea. Give newer people something to look forward to, and to keep them playing for years. smile.gif I know I'd love a chance to get a CB or two that I missed over the years. Joined the year after hollies, missed wrapping wings due to not having internet that week...

I don't consider hollies to be HM prizes because there WERE some that got them naturally just for being around in 2007. Especially since now hollies multiclutch, so they're more readily available.

But yes, no prizes, no CB hybrids. Anything that was ever naturally caught in the cave should be able to be obtained... with the possible exception of the retired ones. Frills might be able to be gotten this way, bright pinks, not.

I'm not a fan of this, and come April I'll have been on DC five years.Older members have tons of badges from past holiday events, CB holidays, etc. lots of advantages here. I don't see the need for any more.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting your choice of an already-obtainable dragon after a few years.

I like this idea, especially if it is only normal dragons that are available in cave already. I know there are people who have been playing for 5+ years and still can't catch CB metals, for example. It would be a great loyalty reward to be able to choose to get one after a certain number of years (of frustration, LOL). (I'd definitely go for a CB gold... I've been playing since 2008 and just have one after all that time).

Alternatively, the shield badge showing the number of years you've been playing would be cool too.

I like this idea, especially if it is only normal dragons that are available in cave already. I know there are people who have been playing for 5+ years and still can't catch CB metals, for example. It would be a great loyalty reward to be able to choose to get one after a certain number of years (of frustration, LOL). (I'd definitely go for a CB gold... I've been playing since 2008 and just have one after all that time).

Same here. Spring 2008 join date, and no CB female gold obtained to date... Would also love a missed CB holiday or two. If it weren't for work and other duties keeping me away, I'd have them all but for hollies.

I wouldn't mind another badge either, especially if it auto updated like the trophies. The only people who wouldn't have one is those who have been here less than a year. I remember back when trophies were introduced, I only had bronze level, and I was determined as all heck to get that silver, and then gold. So rather than discourage people from playing and setting up an 'us vs. them' it'd inspire people to keep playing. *shrug* Especially if there's eventually a 'reward' in the offing. I've been here 6 years, gonna be 7 this August. By the suggestion in this thread, that'd make me eligible for one dragon of choice, and in 6 months, a second one. I have been loyally playing Dragcave for years, I see nothing wrong with being encouraged to play another 5, 10, 15. Why not?

Love this idea. It would be a very nice incentive; and great for those who have problems trying to catch certain dragons.

If people got to choose a free dragon after 5 years playing, and then every few years after, I imagine a lot of them would go for rare things, CB Golds and the like. There are a lot of players on DC these days and I assume the number is growing. Would having so many people getting these eggs for free not make them much less likely to drop in the cave, therefore making it even more frustrating trying to grab them? I also assume if this were to be implemented, it would be rewarded to those who have already been on DC for five years as well, which could result in some very imbalanced ratios on rares for a while. I'll be honest, I'm not that sure how dragon ratios work so this may be a deeply flawed argument. Please do correct me if so!

Otherwise, I do agree there should be some sort of reward for loyalty to the site. I particularly like the idea of a badge showing how many years you've been a member - it would make it easier to celebrate your DC birthday, too! (I know most people can go off the date of their first dragon, but I, and presumably others, grabbed my first eggs from the AP and can only make an estimate of the date. Of course, your DC birthday isn't super important, but for me at least I think it's nice to know.)

Well, I've only been here for a little over a year, but I've loved all of it. I do think that it would be cool to get a badge showing how many years one has played. But I don't agree with getting a Dragon after a certain amount of time. I'd throw off the ratios and make it harder for someone to capture that breed in-cave. As a person who only has one CB ultra-rare (my Male CB Silver whom I ADORE) I would like to have the chance to capture a few nice CB rares. So, as a younger player, I love the badge idea, I think it's great. But getting a CB rare after playing for five years, then every two after that would make it very hard for newer players such as myself, to stand a chance of getting them in-cave.

(My Silver was a gift, so you can't say anything about the fact that I have him. Lol)

Reaching gold throphy, collecting Pokemon fish & event badges, finishing my scroll goals & breeding projects is enough reward to me, personally.

If I stop playing DC, I'll just stop and might never come back - no matter what "motivation" TJ might offer.

Imagines herself getting too busy with translating video games, teaching German, photographing, studying for a Japanese state exam, raising kids etc. ..."oh no I have to keep playing DC because in 1 year I might get a pixel dragon or a new badge". NO WAY biggrin.gif .

Support for badge (then again I'm always wanting badges), but not for a free dragon of choosing/up to fate to decide. If we did have a badge for this I'd personally would like to be able to click on my badge and on others to see the day/month/year of when the scroll was created (aka join date).

I think that a "Special" NON-Breedable dragon could also work for this. That way its a reward for those that have been here for a long time AND give newer players something to look forward to. With it being non-breedable it would not affect trading in any way. It would be just something cool.

The badge-idea I like better than rewarding a special dragon to people who have been on DC for a long time.

As mentioned before, old members already have CB holidays, badges from past events and even CB Frills and Old Pink. Some even a lot of those.

I recall TJ already made a post, suggesting that members who have been on DC for 5+ years (I think..? would be rewarded with an additional egg-slot, bringing the total up to 8 with a gold trophy.

I like that idea a lot since it is nice, convenient and rewarding in its own way.

The idea of getting to pick a dragon of your choosing for X number of years membership is pretty cool too and I could support that, but it should not be unobtainable, unbreedable sspecies, I am ok with rares being included to give out to old members, but not stuff like pirzes, frills or old pinks ect. Letting them choose something everyone else can obtain, I am ok with, tho some people might not be as it is pretty much spontaneous egg spawning, which I know a lot of people frown upon.

Maybe getting 1 CB holiday of your choosing could also be a possibility? Say, if you joined in 2010, and after 5 years (which would then be this year) you could get an option to choose 1, and only 1, CB from any holiday from any year and get that? Ofcourse not exceeding the 2 CB limit per scroll for valentine and christmas. For those who already have 2 of everything, they could get to pick an "ordinary" dragon or a custom code for an egg?

Edited by Phenri

I'm on the fence about the dragon idea (though as someone who's been unable to get a CB Silver all these years I can definitely see the appeal xd.png).

However, I really like the badge idea. Just a little trinket that updates like the trophies would be really cute to have.

I don't support a free dragon . But I could live with a CB gold to complete my set, so no but yeah but no....

I think that a "Special" NON-Breedable dragon could also work for this. That way its a reward for those that have been here for a long time AND give newer players something to look forward to. With it being non-breedable it would not affect trading in any way. It would be just something cool.

I really like this idea for dragons. If dragons are ever a "loyalty reward", I think this is the way to do it. Or maybe 1 CB Holiday of your choice, like someone else mentioned. I'd absolutely love that. I missed so many because of real life.

I also super support the badges idea! I love badges and lately its been bothering me that I can't figure out when I actually joined. I can get a rough estimate based on some of my older named dragons and when I joined the forum, but that's far from an exact science.

Someone else mentioned an extra egg slot, and I'd be fine with that too. Nice, simple, useful reward.