Santa07

Valentine's event hype and speculation

Yep, I'm also in for a chocolate dragon. wink.gif

Maybe a very very dark chocolate, so we have an almost black dragon with some red details.

I'd love a chocolate brown or purple dragon for Valentine's day... crimson is also very pretty.  Don't get me wrong, I love the pink Valentine dragons that we do have, but I think we've got enough.  xd.png

Just a straight up chocolate dragon, deep brown with a drizzle of white chocolate on top... yum.

^This.^

I'd love to see a chocolate-y dragon.

But on another note, holiday events stress me out. I always feel rushed to get a bunch of eggs and lineages before time is up. Does anyone else feel this way?

Edited by Lily14130

For the love of all that's holy no more pink. xd.png

I'd love a nice white dragon with dark red accents. Or dark red with white accents, that'd look nice too.

Oh thatd look awesome!

For the love of all that's holy no more pink. xd.png

I'd love a nice white dragon with dark red accents. Or dark red with white accents, that'd look nice too.

I highly dislike pink myself, unless it has another color and looks good with it to me. So for the most part, please no more pink. Please. I beg you, TJ, no more pink xd.png!!

I'm really hoping for a black, or dark red Valentine with blue, not bright blue but a sort of medium blue. Also dark red fluffy tufts. Not the same dark red, slightly lighter. Oh yes, that would be wonderful, unfortunately it may never happen. It'd be nice if it did, though xd.png

If it's another ball of pink, I'm probably going to faint. tongue.gif

It would also be pretty cool if there was one that represented heartbreak, with melancholy cool colors. You know, for people who are forever alone like me.

It would also be pretty cool if there was one that represented heartbreak, with melancholy cool colors. You know, for people who are forever alone like me.

That would be a nice change smile.gif

Or maybe a dragon that comforts the heartbroken?

-snip-

If it's another ball of pink, I'm probably going to faint.  tongue.gif

Well said, DragonxEmpress. xd.png

Lily14130 and Ha-Ki, those ideas sound GREAT!

I visualized this color scheme.

and maybe some

With hints of and throughout.

Edited by gusearth1

I think that's what the alt. Sweetlings are. But I know you mean something that everyone can get. Personally I'd love a little cupid-like pygmy.

I'd actually like to see something other than pink or red, like last years dragons. Those were cool.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of dragon I want it to be. We have so many flow-y and frilly dragons like the Rosebud. I want something more brutish like the Val '09s with deeper colors.

Something like a Messenger of Love dragon who is rather tiny and a purple/maroon color. Maybe a few spikes on the little guy.

I'll be happy either way, though. tongue.gif

How about something with these colors?

and maybe some

With hints of and throughout.

There's less pink, and it would make a decent dragon or Pygmy.

Personally, I want an Eastern Dragon, however seeing as Radiant Angels are semi-eastern and were released just last year, I doubt that'll happen.

Edited by gusearth1

I kinda like the idea of candy-themed dragons. I think a candy pygmy could be really adorable (and I don't even collect pygmies). I think someone's idea of a 2-headed valentine dragon could be really great, too.

I don't really mind pink too much..I mean I think it's festive and pretty and there aren't really a ton of super pink dragons other than the valentines ones (and pinks of course). But maybe a dark magenta would be nice-kind of inbetween pink and purple. I really liked the cream color last year, but I don't think I would want another one like that so soon.

But on the other hand, if we went with kind of a different, non-pink theme, it might be interesting to have a dragon themed more like..a lonely single, anti-valentines dragon. Then it could use those darker colors like a black/gray and red.

Another idea could be maybe like a rainbow dragon? I mean rainbow kind of goes with the whole lgbt thing, and since valentines day is a day about love...Rainbow for all types of love and acceptance?

And what about an aquatic dragon? None of the valentines (or any holiday?) dragons have seemed very aquatic. -You could probably make something aquatic and inspired by Venus? Goddess of love? And she was born of like..seafoam and stuff? And there's that painting of her riding a seashell...

Or it could be a metallic dragon to be kind of reference rings? Like, engagement rings? Or what about a wedding-themed dragon?

I'M SORRY I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS NOW

Edited by Genavelle

Another idea could be maybe like a rainbow dragon? I mean rainbow kind of goes with the whole lgbt thing, and since valentines day is a day about love...Rainbow for all types of love and acceptance?

And what about an aquatic dragon? None of the valentines (or any holiday?) dragons have seemed very aquatic. -You could probably make something aquatic and inspired by Venus? Goddess of love? And she was born of like..seafoam and stuff? And there's that painting of her riding a seashell...

Both of those sound amazing! If any of the spriters ever are lurking in this thread... *hinthint* XD

Ooh! You know what would be fun? If the Valentine's event was like the Christmas one except instead of sending presents, it's chocolates. Like, instead of picking a box, bow, and tag, you'd pick a type of chocolate (white, milk, dark, etc.), a topping (caramel, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, etc.), and then the tags are different colors of those candy conversation hearts. ^-^

Closing. Event has started and new Valentine egg is dropping.