Santa07

Valentine's event hype and speculation

I wouldn't mind a drake or another eastern. Here are the color combos I'm hoping for this year: hot pink/black, white/brown/gold/red (chocolate boxes!), white/light pink, peach, red/black, conversation heart candy colors (rainbow), blue/pink, purple/magenta. There are more, but I would probably go on forever.

Yes, I would love a chocolate-based Eastern Dragon. IMO, we don't have enough Eastern Dragons, and based on the talk in this thread, something Chocolate-y would be cool. biggrin.gif

They could be a pastel blue or purple would be very nice! With hearts on the body or just one heart I don't know... tongue.gif Well, can't wait for them no matter the color!

I'd love to see the new V-day dragon have a darker color scheme similar to the black Sweetling Alts, since many people like making lineages with them but might not have CBs of their own. Maybe a sneaky dragon who enjoys pairing up with other dragons only to break their hearts later on? Or, like Heartseekers, they like to match up couples, but then break them up just for kicks? I dunno, but I think it'd be fun to have a breed that's not all pink-flowery-hearts-candy-love-sparkles.

That sounds great, actually. laugh.gif

I'm not sure anything will be able to top Radiant Angels for me. wub.gif They're just so beautiful! I shall soon be hoarding them. x3

Edited by KaelaBoo24

I'm not sure anything will be able to top Radiant Angels for me. wub.gif They're just so beautiful! I shall soon be hoarding them. x3

Ditto. I'll be trying to hoard those guys as well, they're just too awesome. Waiting for the breeding announcement to begin xd.png

I would approve of a cream colored white chocolate pygmy! biggrin.gif

It would be nice to have a Valentine Dragon that isn't pinkish.

I like this idea a lot!

It is going to be hard to top the Radiant Angels, indeed! I also plan to hoard those this year >3>

I'm hoping for something less usual than 'pink western dragon' this year.

So with breeding most likely starting in less than a week, what are you expecting from this year's valentine event and the dragon release? I am secretly wishing that maybe one year they re-released the bright-pink as a valentine dragon. Of course, if the dragon that they're planning is just as good as last years' I will certainly love it! The radiant angel is one of my favourite dragons!

That would be amazing!!!!!

I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the old pinks.

I'm hoping for one of these 3 things to happen...

1. Dragon inspired from other cultures: The dragons we have now are mostly inspired from the western concept of Valentine's day. How cool would it be to have one inspired from a different one? The Chinese Qixi festival or the similar Japanese Tanabata, South African tradition of pinning hearts on their sleeves, White Day and the holidays that precede it (a variant Valentine's day, giri-choko, or Qixi. Black Day is after for those without partners), the taboo and now banned loterie d’amour, Sepandarmazgan (holiday for good mothers and wives), and Ystävänpäivä (mostly about platonic love) are just a few.

2. A two headed dragon that is graceful and swan inspired who are showing affection by touching the side of their nose with the others making their neck form a ♡. It could be colored like a white swan, white and milk chocolate with associated texture, white swan with slight alterations like a florescent pink or purple on feather/scale ruffles and a dark purple masks and feet, rainbow colored, or the traditional valentine colors. He or she would be a symbol of platonic love.

3. A dark valentine dragon who isn't meant to celebrate love, but destroy it.

4. Or maybe a strong empowered dragon that would celebrate single status and/or loving yourself rather you have a love interest or not instead of valuing your self worth based on what another person thinks of you. Either way, this one or the love destroyer would not be cute or light pink and certainly different. happy.gif

Edited because yall liked my 4th idea, so I gave it its own number. Funny thing was it was an afterthought! I wonder if a spiriter will be lurking in here and run with it? blink.gif

Edited by JBluewind

2. A two headed dragon that is graceful and swan inspired who are showing affection by touching the side of their nose with the others making their neck form a ♡.

3. Or maybe a strong empowered dragon that would celebrate single status and/or loving yourself rather you have a love interest or not instead of valuing your self worth based on what another person thinks of you.

Um, I may be completely in love with both of these ideas.

Edited by Alora

3. A dark valentine dragon who isn't meant to celebrate love, but destroy it. Or maybe a strong empowered dragon that would celebrate single status and/or loving yourself rather you have a love interest or not instead of valuing your self worth based on what another person thinks of you. Either way, they would not be cute or light pink and certainly different. smile.gif

Waaaant *grabby hands*

*waves aromantic flags*

Or a dragon that essentially says

I'm hoping for one of these 3 things to happen...

1. Dragon inspired from other cultures: The dragons we have now are mostly inspired from the western concept of Valentine's day. How cool would it be to have one inspired from a different one? The Chinese Qixi festival or the similar Japanese Tanabata, South African tradition of pinning hearts on their sleeves, White Day and the holidays that precede it (a variant Valentine's day, giri-choko, or Qixi. Black Day is after for those without partners), the taboo and now banned loterie d’amour, Sepandarmazgan (holiday for good mothers and wives), and Ystävänpäivä (mostly about platonic love) are just a few.

2. A two headed dragon that is graceful and swan inspired who are showing affection by touching the side of their nose with the others making their neck form a ♡. It could be colored like a white swan, white and milk chocolate with associated texture, white swan with slight alterations like a florescent pink or purple on feather/scale ruffles and a dark purple masks and feet, rainbow colored, or the traditional valentine colors. He or she would be a symbol of platonic love.

3. A dark valentine dragon who isn't meant to celebrate love, but destroy it.

4. Or maybe a strong empowered dragon that would celebrate single status and/or loving yourself rather you have a love interest or not instead of valuing your self worth based on what another person thinks of you. Either way, this one or the love destroyer would not be cute or light pink and certainly different. happy.gif

Edited because yall liked my 4th idea, so I gave it its own number. Funny thing was it was an afterthought! I wonder if a spiriter will be lurking in here and run with it? blink.gif

All these ideas are amazing! I really hope they do one of these!

I HATE the fact that this is my FIRST DC Valentines event, and MY COMPUTER IS STILL IN THE SHOP. I CAN'T CLICK ON EGGS WITH AN IPAD. I CAN'T. RAAARGGH.

I want Sweetlings and puffy little Valentines dragons on my scroll sad.gif

I'm just hyped for more Sweetlings. The event and new dragon can be disappointing for all I care; Sweetlings are where it's at for me. And I'm going to die being drowned by them this Vday, I just know it...

Though to be honest, I'm still hoping for a nontraditional Valentine dragon. I like the ideas posted above, but I've always been partial to a black-and-white tuxedo dragon for Vday. Classy and still romantic to fit the theme, but not pink. Maybe small red accents (like a rose on someone's lapel, you know).

I'm just hyped for more Sweetlings. The event and new dragon can be disappointing for all I care; Sweetlings are where it's at for me. And I'm going to die being drowned by them this Vday, I just know it...

Though to be honest, I'm still hoping for a nontraditional Valentine dragon. I like the ideas posted above, but I've always been partial to a black-and-white tuxedo dragon for Vday. Classy and still romantic to fit the theme, but not pink. Maybe small red accents (like a rose on someone's lapel, you know).

I am looking forward to getting a few Sweetlings, myself, Dimar.

I have none and would like to have so SO badly... And Radiant Angels.

RAs are SOOOO pretty. :3

Edited by Silverswift

Hmm. I haven't been on for many events, just Halloween 2014 and Christmas 2014. I have looked at all the sprites, and I love them, I just hope that this next one drifts away from the pink-and-red theme. I know those are notorious valentine colors, but... I'd like a purple one. Or perhaps a gold one. Or maybe purple and gold! I don't know! I'm sure it will be awesome, because Halloween and Christmas have been, and we have the most wonderful spriters ever.

Edit: Grammar ninjaed ninja.gif

Edited by EmmaD333

I HATE the fact that this is my FIRST DC Valentines event, and MY COMPUTER IS STILL IN THE SHOP. I CAN'T CLICK ON EGGS WITH AN IPAD. I CAN'T. RAAARGGH.

I want Sweetlings and puffy little Valentines dragons on my scroll sad.gif

I have no problems, well, it's slightly slow, but no worse than an older laptop....if you want, message me and I will breed some of what I have for you.

For the love of all that's holy no more pink. xd.png

I'd love a nice white dragon with dark red accents. Or dark red with white accents, that'd look nice too.

Something deep red and silver.

I'm looking forward to catching RAs. They're gorgeous.

With that in mind I need to head over to the Wiki and start memorising eggs.

Maybe like something that isn't all pink and flowers and sparkles, like a black eastern with silver somethings and pink somethings. That'd look cool.

Oooh yes! An eastern-styled Valentine dragon would be amazing!

Maybe a chocolate dragon? or something with sunligt, gold or silver? I don't mind another pink valentine dragon since it is basically the only color related to valentine, but holy hell every single one of them is pink xd.png Except Radiant Angels.

As for the event; maybe something with creative cards, misc. gifts or making something. I don't know, I haven't given it much thought since valentine is not really a big thing here, so I do not know much about it either rolleyes.gif

What are some valentines activities? Maybe it will have to do with decorating again, or sending cards X)

My favourite Valentine dragon is the Heartseeker. Not pink biggrin.gif

After that, the Rosebud.

Another chocolate themed dragon would be cool.